Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   World of WarCraft Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Unofficial Warlords of Draenor Thread III: The Garrisoning (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=215909)

neoshadow 04-15-2014 03:06 AM

The Unofficial Warlords of Draenor Thread III: The Garrisoning

Quote:

Originally Posted by RikuEru (Post 1102826)
Who will it be, that claims the THIRD Warlords of Draenor thread for himself and his cause and will build his garrison in it?

It had to be done. let the conversations continue!:P

And my garrison is made of darkness and cats.

RikuEru 04-15-2014 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoshadow (Post 1102832)
And my garrison is made of darkness and cats.

You mean dark cats wearing sombreros?

But while we're at it: I want more garrison blog posts! They promised me atleast 5 blog posts in the interviews the last few days! I want social justice, else I'm going to quit, stomp on the ground, vomit, shout and rant on twitter, tumblr, reddit, the official and mmo-c forums!

No really, has anyone seen Horde garrison stuff or atleast places in his sandbox adventures?

neoshadow 04-15-2014 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RikuEru (Post 1102835)
You mean dark cats wearing sombreros?

But while we're at it: I want more garrison blog posts! They promised me atleast 5 blog posts in the interviews the last few days! I want social justice, else I'm going to quit, stomp on the ground, vomit, shout and rant on twitter, tumblr, reddit, the official and mmo-c forums!

No really, has anyone seen Horde garrison stuff or atleast places in his sandbox adventures?

http://i.imgur.com/ahUqhug.gif
To be fair, its orc buildings. I don't think in canon the horde is wanting any big orc structures, wich is why we see goblin and troll camps instead.

But aswell, its alpha, so a LOT of stuff is missing.

from mmochamp:
•After rescuing members of the Frostwolf Clan in the Warlords intro quest experience, Durotan will give you a plot of land. This is where you start building your garrison.

RikuEru 04-15-2014 03:28 AM

Yea, already saw that. So far it sounds really great.
The garrison will be part of your questing/leveling experience. Many characters you get to know along the way seem to become part of your garrison or atleast visit it sometimes.
It isn't just a closed up 'housing', the Iron Horde will attack it and you'll have to defend it.
And it will be costumisable (right word?!) to high degree, you can change it to your likes and needs.
[I know we don't get race-specific buildings and walls, but we're already getting a huge pack of cool stuff with the garrison. Maybe if we're nice we atleast get banners we can change (race-specific or maybe even guild/arena-emblem like) and guards we can choose?]

IF it really comes with all that they promised in interviews and on twitter, this will be an incredible feature.
Hopefully we build up on that in future expansions.

Maybe a island fortress, with a dock and a ship in a Maelstrom/Seas/Islands/Draenor-Oceans expansion?
Or some Azeroth zones get additonal plateaus/valleys in the wide mountain ranges between zones and we'll be able to take our garrisons back home? (Example: A garrison place up the road of Stonetalon Pass in Mulgore would overlook Stonetalon, Barrens and Mulgore)

neoshadow 04-15-2014 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RikuEru (Post 1102842)
Yea, already saw that. So far it sounds really great.
The garrison will be part of your questing/leveling experience. Many characters you get to know along the way seem to become part of your garrison or atleast visit it sometimes.
It isn't just a closed up 'housing', the Iron Horde will attack it and you'll have to defend it.
And it will be costumisable (right word?!) to high degree, you can change it to your likes and needs.
[I know we don't get race-specific buildings and walls, but we're already getting a huge pack of cool stuff with the garrison. Maybe if we're nice we atleast get banners we can change (race-specific or maybe even guild/arena-emblem like) and guards we can choose?]

IF it really comes with all that they promised in interviews and on twitter, this will be an incredible feature.
Hopefully we build up on that in future expansions.

Maybe a island fortress, with a dock and a ship in a Maelstrom/Seas/Islands/Draenor-Oceans expansion?
Or some Azeroth zones get additonal plateaus/valleys in the wide mountain ranges between zones and we'll be able to take our garrisons back home? (Example: A garrison place up the road of Stonetalon Pass in Mulgore would overlook Stonetalon, Barrens and Mulgore)

Hopefully there`ll be a way to portal to our garrison, otherwise the trip will be tedious.

Yakitori 04-15-2014 04:09 AM

I do kind of hope that the whole "NPCs can attack your Garrison!" thing is something that only happens when you're online and at your Garrison; like, you have to pick up a quest or something. Otherwise, it's going to be really annoying if you miss a day or two and come back to everything being on fire.

I think they mentioned during their interview with Polaris at PAX East that mage towers may allow you to have access to a network of portals or something, let me double check...

Yeah, they mention it (technically a teleportation network) around... 4:17 in this video.

neoshadow 04-15-2014 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakitori (Post 1102848)
I do kind of hope that the whole "NPCs can attack your Garrison!" thing is something that only happens when you're online and at your Garrison; like, you have to pick up a quest or something. Otherwise, it's going to be really annoying if you miss a day or two and come back to everything being on fire.

I think they mentioned during their interview with Polaris at PAX East that mage towers may allow you to have access to a network of portals or something, let me double check...

Yeah, they mention it (technically a teleportation network) around... 4:17 in this video.

I mean the ability to get to your garrison , like the challenge mode paths.

Yakitori 04-15-2014 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoshadow (Post 1102849)
I mean the ability to get to your garrison , like the challenge mode paths.

Well, again, we don't know precisely how it'll work... although I think if they do include the ability to teleport there with the mage tower, everyone is going to build one anyway, and since Blizzard seems to be trying really hard to bring "more choice" into the game, they'd probably just make it baseline.

Maybe you can hearth there?

neoshadow 04-15-2014 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakitori (Post 1102853)
Well, again, we don't know precisely how it'll work... although I think if they do include the ability to teleport there with the mage tower, everyone is going to build one anyway, and since Blizzard seems to be trying really hard to bring "more choice" into the game, they'd probably just make it baseline.

Maybe you can hearth there?

must be able to, as I think the inn is a set building for followers.

neoshadow 04-15-2014 04:54 AM

Questing
•The Jade Forest quests had a very clear story, but it also had a lot of side quests that could bog you down.
•In Warlords of Draenor, your map will show you where to go to continue the main storyline, along with the locations of bonus objectives.
•The bonus objectives no longer have any story text that go with them, just a list of objectives. Now when there is quest text, you will know that it is really worth reading.

So good bye learning lore insight from bonus stuff. you want that plot? you ride the train.

Kiraser 04-15-2014 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoshadow (Post 1102871)
when is everypeewp migrating to the new thread? theres good convos going on.

Okay-okay. I'm here.

RikuEru 04-15-2014 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoshadow (Post 1102869)
Questing
•The Jade Forest quests had a very clear story, but it also had a lot of side quests that could bog you down.
•In Warlords of Draenor, your map will show you where to go to continue the main storyline, along with the locations of bonus objectives.
•The bonus objectives no longer have any story text that go with them, just a list of objectives. Now when there is quest text, you will know that it is really worth reading.

So good bye learning lore insight from bonus stuff. you want that plot? you ride the train.

Nah, I think it's just the "bonus objective" stuff. Don't worry.

Main stuff: Go into the XY Camp, kill these 3 officers, the leader and retrieve their artifact - written in the usual text that explains the how, why and where. (and adds lore)
Bonus objective stuff: Kill 10 Iron Horde Grunts while you're there. Retrieve 10 Iron Horde Axes from their weapon racks. Sabotage 5 Iron Horde Cannons.

Ujimasa Hojo 04-15-2014 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoshadow (Post 1102871)
when is everypeewp migrating to the new thread? theres good convos going on.

Moved here.

From a poster in the EU Story Forums:

Quote:

Most Orc Grunts in Orgrimmar will be replaced by Troll and Tauren guards. Orc Grunts will be very few.
Looks like the MU Orcish population would really need replenishing from AU Draenor.

Quote:

"Draka come join me in the Iron Horde. Lose that armor and settle down with a REAL man." - Malgrim Stormhand".

This line is said in the Frostfire scenario.
Wonder if this gets into the final game considering what happened to Ji's.

neoshadow 04-15-2014 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RikuEru (Post 1102873)
Nah, I think it's just the "bonus objective" stuff. Don't worry.

Main stuff: Go into the XY Camp, kill these 3 officers, the leader and retrieve their artifact - written in the usual text that explains the how, why and where. (and adds lore)
Bonus objective stuff: Kill 10 Iron Horde Grunts while you're there. Retrieve 10 Iron Horde Axes from their weapon racks. Sabotage 5 Iron Horde Cannons.

so like the scenario style bonus stuff?

Yakitori 04-15-2014 06:01 AM

I... think I need a moment. I just saw somebody say that UBRS was not linear, and were worried it would become linear when it gets updated.

neoshadow 04-15-2014 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakitori (Post 1102883)
I... think I need a moment. I just saw somebody say that UBRS was not linear, and were worried it would become linear when it gets updated.

how the hell is ubrs not linear?

Yakitori 04-15-2014 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoshadow (Post 1102884)
how the hell is ubrs not linear?

No idea, but somebody didn't want it to become linear with the revamp. That... hurts, and it really shouldn't.

neoshadow 04-15-2014 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakitori (Post 1102885)
No idea, but somebody didn't want it to become linear with the revamp. That... hurts, and it really shouldn't.

perhaps they mean the way you can derail everyone and go to lbrs instead? Ive done that a few times.

Gurzog 04-15-2014 06:51 AM

WAIT WE CAN HAVE TANKS THAT WE RIDE AROUND IN THE ZONE WITH THE WORKSHOP O.O. Give me Garrisons already.

Beta testing this summer as well... June.

neoshadow 04-15-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurzog (Post 1102900)
WAIT WE CAN HAVE TANKS THAT WE RIDE AROUND IN THE ZONE WITH THE WORKSHOP O.O. Give me Garrisons already.

Beta testing this summer as well... June

because that's the bit worth spoilermarking.
But I expect those tanks to be big enough itll be a pain to use, or will be easily killed like demolishers.

Insipid_Lobster 04-15-2014 07:19 AM

The garrisons are looking better and better as time goes on, they're becoming a bigger selling point than the new models to me right now.

Krakhed 04-15-2014 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiraser (Post 1102862)
Did anyone see the last boss? His name is Ragewing the Untamed, so he is probably a black dragon or dragonspawn. But I wonder, whether the black dragons from the instance are allies of the Black Iron orcs, or not. Since these orcs are all alone in the Spire, dragonkin could slay them all, if they didn't decide to join the Iron Horde too.

So. Potential Black Dragons who may or may not be allied with the Iron Horde? That Wrathion hasn't sent his men to kill?

I am intrigued.

RikuEru 04-15-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoshadow (Post 1102876)
so like the scenario style bonus stuff?

That's how I understood it, yes. And that's how it looked in the stream, as far as I could tell.

Concerning the black dragons in UBRS/LBRS:
Maybe Wrathion did not care for a bunch of whelps in the hands of orcs (same with dragonmaw). He atleast didn't care for dragonspawn. Or they (dragons, whelps, eggs and/or dragonspawn) just hid well enough.

Edit says:
Mumper seems to be the right one to tweet things concerning garrisons, right?
I want to suggest something nice to him.

Kiraser 04-15-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krakhed (Post 1102920)
So. Potential Black Dragons who may or may not be allied with the Iron Horde? That Wrathion hasn't sent his men to kill?

I am intrigued.

The initial line of Wrathion being the only black dragon on Azeroth changed to him being the only uncorrupted black dragon on Azeroth.
Most of the Black Flight surely perished in the War against Deathwing. But it's possible that some whelps and low ranking dragons escaped Wrathion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RikuEru (Post 1102931)
Maybe Wrathion did not care for a bunch of whelps in the hands of orcs (same with dragonmaw). He atleast didn't care for dragonspawn. Or they (dragons, whelps, eggs and/or dragonspawn) just hid well enough.

I think that he will kill any major adversary within the Black Flight, and it doesn't matter if the adversary is a dragon or a dragonspawn. After all, Hiram Creed was just a drakonid, but he managed to take the Gilneas City for himself, and Wrathion's champion killed him, because the drakonid was deemed as a major threat.
So it's more about power level of each member of the Flight. Probably Wrathion targeted only powerful enemies and left weaklings alive.

neoshadow 04-15-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiraser (Post 1102935)
The initial line of Wrathion being the only black dragon on Azeroth changed to him being the only uncorrupted black dragon on Azeroth.
Most of the Black Flight surely perished in the War against Deathwing. But it's possible that some whelps and low ranking dragons escaped Wrathion.

I think that he will kill any major adversary within the Black Flight, and it doesn't matter if the adversary is a dragon or a dragonspawn. After all, Hiram Creed was just a drakonid, but he managed to take the Gilneas City for himself, and Wrathion's champion killed him, because the drakonid was deemed as a major threat.
So it's more about power level of each member of the Flight. Probably Wrathion targeted only powerful enemies and left weaklings alive.

is it a confirmed dragon? perhaps its just a orc that pretty wild.