Scrolls of Lore Forums

Scrolls of Lore Forums (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/index.php)
-   World of WarCraft Discussion (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The (Un)official Warlords of Draenor thread V: Patch 6.2 onwards edition (http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=216529)

Sonneillon 10-23-2014 06:17 PM

The (Un)official Warlords of Draenor thread V: Patch 6.2 onwards edition

We are up to 902 pages on the other one and Draenor being spelled "Draenour" irks me to no end. As release is quickly approaching this thread will lead from 6.2 onward into actual release. Seemed like a good time to make a new one

Drusus 10-23-2014 06:20 PM

I guess we need to cut the thread sizes down, haha...

...haha...

...ha...

...Sorry.

Gurzog 10-23-2014 06:58 PM

This will be the 6th thread in my browser history I think.

Nazja 10-23-2014 07:00 PM

Sticky? Sticky!

Lord Grimtale 10-23-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Worgen: Night elfey ones with fur patterns maybe? Or how bout they overhaul the female one so it doesn't look like an maniacal furries' jerk off fantasy.
Bloodfang Worgen with tattoos and mangier fur.

Like this gentleman right here.

I used to think Night Elf Worgen would work but now I think I wouldn't like it. They need less Night Elf stuff watering them down.

Sorcier 10-23-2014 07:16 PM

Would be awesome if they let the players roll a night elf worgen (the first worgens are night elves after all) they would get the "worgen ritual". And they could start in Teldrassil instead Gilneas.

Shaman 10-23-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazja (Post 1221242)
Sticky? Sticky!

This thread has been stickied by the might of the Iron Horde! You are all now property of our uncorruptable Warchief Grom Hellscream.

Lord Grimtale 10-23-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorcier (Post 1221251)
Would be awesome if they let the players roll a night elf worgen (the first worgens are night elves after all) they would get the "worgen ritual". And they could start in Teldrassil instead Gilneas.

That would probably be terrible, actually.

Magistrix Verdande 10-23-2014 07:56 PM

I'd be satisfied with Dark Iron Dwarves, personally.

I feel that races such as Blood Elves and Gnomes are already perfect, and need no variations. I suppose humans and forsaken could have different voice actors for regional dialects.

Ujimasa Hojo 10-23-2014 07:58 PM

Eh. Could have just started this new thread on release.

Leviathon 10-23-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande (Post 1221260)
I'd be satisfied with Dark Iron Dwarves, personally.

I feel that races such as Blood Elves and Gnomes are already perfect, and need no variations. I suppose humans and forsaken could have different voice actors for regional dialects.

Well tauren easily would get the grimtotem skin.

Valtheria 10-23-2014 08:10 PM

If they're going to put in sub-race skins, I just them to make sense in the starting zones they'll have to play through. Really, that narrows it down to orcs and dwarves because the others either lack a logical racial skin or have one but it's a different model.

Leviathon 10-23-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valtheria (Post 1221264)
If they're going to put in sub-race skins, I just them to make sense in the starting zones they'll have to play through. Really, that narrows it down to orcs and dwarves because the others either lack a logical racial skin or have one but it's a different model.

They'll really care less about it making sense in a starting zone.

Sonneillon 10-23-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathon (Post 1221266)
They'll really care less about it making sense in a starting zone.

Better make sure they make sense 4 years in the past. I honestly can't see any major logic flaws to include the logical ones at this point.

Kynrind 10-23-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Humans: Different body types, possibly new voices for regional accents.

Undead: Undead elves

Goblins: Hobgoblins, gilblins, both are kind of pushing it, but whatever.

Draenei: Easy, Broken.

Night elves: High elves, make them more like the original high elf model.

Blood elves: Crack elves, fel elves, high elves who join the horde, whatever floats your goat.

Worgen: Night elfey ones with fur patterns maybe? Or how bout they overhaul the female one so it doesn't look like an maniacal furries' jerk off fantasy.

Tauren: Taunka, they are official members of the horde as of Wotlk.

Orcs: Maghar, red orcs and fel orcs if they have the balls. Dragonmaw skins.

Dwarves: Dark iron, wildhammer tattoos, hell even iron dwarf skins could be possible, or earthern.

Gnomes: Leper gnomes, Mechgnomes if they went a little crazy.

Trolls: Other types, obviously.

Pandaren: Different body types, or maybe even Furbolgs
Most of that is ok, but some of them I have a problem with. Fel elves/orcs for the Horde would be out of place even among the general evilness allowed in the Horde, since the fel elves/orcs are literally ones that bathed in/drank gallons of demon blood/energy.
I don't think earthen would join the dwarves. Work with them yes, but the earthen seem very duty bound and would stay with the Titan watchers to help fix the problems there.
The old High elven skin for Night elves so they can have high elves would be too jarring because lorewise there isn't any difference between High and Blood elves other than politics and eye color. They are physically the same. Giving the High elves a different model would anger a hell of a lot of High/Blood elven players.
Pandaren are all fat. That seems to be a racial genetic thing with them.

Melorandor 10-23-2014 09:37 PM

Would be nice to play as a Frostborn Dwarf.

Maybe with a South Seas expansion pack they could bring some some Goblin sub species from the RPG in the game for instance Spider Eyed Goblins and perhaps some isolated tribe of Island Tauren.

Vaximillian 10-23-2014 10:27 PM

No!.. That thread only needed less than 100 pages until page 1000 :(

As per sub-races and/or else: whatever they can do if that means playable High Elves.

Sorcier 10-23-2014 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale (Post 1221253)
That would probably be terrible, actually.

I think that would be fair, I mean why always humans are the "most important thing" in the alliance? We LITERALLY have 2 humans options in the character creation panel (stormwind and gilneas).

I would race change all my "human worgen" to night elf worgen. I'm tired of humans. The "feral stuff" don't fit with them at all (especially the arrogant and luxurious gilneans). After all worgen curse was created by night elves and it comes from their "pack form" Worgens aren't really a race, they're like a druid form, that's why their children will be humans.

handclaw 10-23-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mshadowz (Post 1221223)
Taunka are skins, actually, with a headpiece thrown on the tauren body. and broken use the Tauren model skeleton, so it's not hard to fix. I'm thinking more sub races at this point to be honest.

Uhm, that's not correct to be honest. Taunka ARE an own model, just like the broken are. And both obviously use the Tauren skeleton. Yeah, I'm a bit pedantic about things like this. :P

Lord Grimtale 10-23-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorcier (Post 1221285)
I think that would be fair, I mean why always humans are the "most important thing" in the alliance? We LITERALLY have 2 humans options in the character creation panel (stormwind and gilneas).

I would race change all my "human worgen" to night elf worgen. I'm tired of humans, and the "feral stuff" don't fit with them at all (especially the arrogant and luxurious gilneans). After all worgen curse was created by night elves and it comes from their "pack form" Worgens aren't really a race, they're like a druid form, that's why their children will be humans.

I just disagree with you on so many levels but I don't want to derail the thread about it so I'll leave it at that.

Valtheria 10-24-2014 12:20 AM

I'd settle for Mag'har, Blackrock/Dragonmaw, and Shattered Hand skins for orcs; Dark Iron, Wildhammer, and Frostborn skins for dwarves. Chaos orcs are feasible, but they toe a line I'll get to in a moment.

But that's because I honestly don't want undead elves as an option for Forsaken undead; not just because I personally disagree with it but because the starting zone takes place during a time at which elven undead would be implausible.

The same problem exists to varying degrees for night elven worgen in the worgen starting zone, gilblins in the goblin starting zone (Hobart created them after Kajaro's eruption), furbolgs on the Wandering Isle, fel orcs in Durotar, Wretched and felblood elves in Quel'Thalas, and leper gnomes (as your irradiated character is cleansed in one of the early quests to avoid this).

Krokul, hobgoblins, taunka, earthen, furbolgs, and mechagnomes, as has been pointed out, are all different models, not just skins. The same problem exists with trolls; a convincing forest troll would require yet another remodel. The Zandalari trolls have had several models, the latest of which is based on the night elf male. Sandfury don't have this problem at all, however.

I'm entirely adverse to letting players be skins that are basically always evil. That means gilblins, Wretched, felblood elves, and fel orcs. Not only are they implausible in the setting, they're not creatures the Horde would accept under any circumstance - not even Garrosh's Horde. Chaos orcs toe this line, as I said, but we've seen them work with the Horde before - and those orcs appear to be in control of themselves.

Sorcier 10-24-2014 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valtheria (Post 1221293)
The same problem exists to varying degrees for night elven worgen in the worgen starting zone

Night elven worgen could start in Teldrassil like other night elves.

Leviathon 10-24-2014 12:46 AM

I highly highly highly highly highly highly doubt any race customization will extend beyond textures.

Lord Grimtale 10-24-2014 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathon (Post 1221297)
I highly highly highly highly highly highly doubt any race customization will extend beyond textures.

Thank you.

Leviathon 10-24-2014 01:20 AM

This was another little neat thing I found when going through skyboxes.

Clouds that acted a little bit more cloudlike.