View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 01:31 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I think I've figured out why Blizzard didn't do this. From how Gorgrond is depicted to their character creation screen, I think Blizzard chose to use the AU orcs because they really wanted to be able to use the Iron Horde aesthetic and art assets for future Horde content.
Hmm... It's a reason. I don't like it, but can't argue against it, except saying I wish lore was more important than visuals.

Quote:
Which begs the question why they didn't just replace the Hall of the Brave with one of those Iron Horde style bunkers. It's similar enough in appearance that you could just say the Mag'har modified it so they still come off as refugees but have a more personalized area.
I think Blizzard ran out of time. Wasn't there a copy of the Siege of Orgrimmar map? Maybe the Underhold was intended for the mag'har at some point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
ROFL, yes, the entire game clearly only has the Alliance perspective in mind... except for that one time when Goblins got a full-blown powerbase in one of the largest questing zones in the game whereas Worgen got shuffled under a tiny tree in a largely Night Elf city. Really makes me think, but thinking is bad and let's just slide that under the carpet and ignore it for now to make an emotionally charged statement.

The Mag'har got screwed out of a racial hub to live in and definitely deserve a better area like how Dark Irons got Shadowforge, but emotionally charged statements like that don't really do anything to promote better feedback. Horde fans have gotten just as bad as Alliance fans with crying faction bias on a whim.
It's funny how Horde was mostly taunting and laughting at Alliance players, but devolve into the same whiny tone when they get one setback.

To me, not getting a unique place to call home is not any worse than what Telogrus ended up being.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).