View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Interesting opinion, glad to see someone else who is optimistic about Starcraft 2.

I mean it is not perfect, but if Warcraft was as good now as Starcraft is I would never complain about Warcraft... as is I am considered the chief Warcraft cynic of SoL, to put things into perspective.

I don't have the time nor the inclination to explain all the reasons why I think SC is miles ahead of WC. But lets just say that SC, despite everything, is still much, much more down to earth than WC. And it is also not so disgustingly idealistic as WC has become, it has that tinge of gray and dubiousness that makes fiction interesting. SC feels like it is going somewhere, the games and the expanded materials tell interesting and meaningful stories, while WC is gimped by both gameplay and the unwillingness of the developers to make bold decisions, they're too afraid to rock the status quo... Really in every single way, from gameplay to character depth, SC blows WC out of the water.
I feel very much the same.

Diablo aswell. Both other Blizzard IPs utterly piss over WarCraft, and have done for awhile.