Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 09:14 AM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
Which is why transmog exists.
That implies he has no desire to look like a clown.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:23 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Vaximillian#2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
That implies he has no desire to look like a clown.
Well, he sounded bitchy. Anyway, this is why variety is great.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

End of the expansion. We've seen some good, some bad, and some savage. Question is how savage? On a scale of 1-10, how savage was Draenor, compared to the Mogu, Mantid, Trolls, Scourge, or even the MU Orcs from Rise of the Horde?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:35 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
End of the expansion. We've seen some good, some bad, and some savage. Question is how savage? On a scale of 1-10, how savage was Draenor, compared to the Mogu, Mantid, Trolls, Scourge, or even the MU Orcs from Rise of the Horde?
Frostfire was 10/10 Savagery. It was a really savage wasteland with wandering beasts and huge monsters, dominated by ogres and the most savage-looking clan (aside from Laughting Skull), the Thunderlords.

Gorgrond was meant to feel savage, but for some reason fell flat. 5/10 savagery there, and only because of the Breakers (the Primals didn't really feel savage, only alien).

The rest of Draenor seemed pretty tamed for me, dotted with cities and towns.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 08-17-2015 at 04:39 PM..
Old 08-17-2015, 06:25 PM

Elune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18596062669

Yes, people still have new models turned off.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Orc faces are a big problem.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 08-17-2015, 07:07 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:

Ugh. Can't stand the old models now that Ive played with the new ones. And I wish old armor pieces got updated textures too.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:12 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
I feel it needed more #fantasy
Old 08-17-2015, 07:30 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

So I wonder if the Warrior's Legion group will be that Fighter's Guild that they had back during Vanilla. I think a few Warrior quests took you out there to fight and get a weapon or something?
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 08-17-2015, 07:50 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
So I wonder if the Warrior's Legion group will be that Fighter's Guild that they had back during Vanilla. I think a few Warrior quests took you out there to fight and get a weapon or something?
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
My guess it will be a spin on the Might of Kalimdor.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:05 PM

Loremaster

While Fray Island was indeed used for the Vanilla-era warrior class quests, it always felt kind of weird and disjointed from the class. It wasn't some militant group of soldiers and berserkers akin to the player; it was a bunch of guys in a miniature fighting ring punching each other in the face.

WoW warriors bring a number of things to mind. Raging berserkers hacking enemies to pieces left-and-right. Stoic juggernauts wading into battle wrapped in steel and warding off the mightiest of blows. Professional soldiers trained to wield virtually any conceivable weapon with expertly honed precision.

Fray Island's vibe was more like a "Fight Club"...and that just doesn't really sync with the warriors we play in WoW. It's frankly more thematically compatible with combat rogues, if anything.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:08 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
While Fray Island was indeed used for the Vanilla-era warrior class quests, it always felt kind of weird and disjointed from the class. It wasn't some militant group of soldiers and berserkers akin to the player; it was a bunch of guys in a miniature fighting ring punching each other in the face.

WoW warriors bring a number of things to mind. Raging berserkers hacking enemies to pieces left-and-right. Stoic juggernauts wading into battle wrapped in steel and warding off the mightiest of blows. Professional soldiers trained to wield virtually any conceivable weapon with expertly honed precision.

Fray Island's vibe was more like a "Fight Club"...and that just doesn't really sync with the warriors we play in WoW. It's frankly more thematically compatible with combat rogues, if anything.
Obviously it'd evolved since then though. They could use the site but transform it into something new.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:23 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Obviously it'd evolved since then though. They could use the site but transform it into something new.
Evolved? How does something "evolve" into something completely unrelated to origin? That's not even what evolution is.

You could just as well suggest that the inn in Redridge is somehow thematically suited to be the Warrior Order just because Keeshan was beating the crap out of shirtless guys in the basement. Which didn't really have anything to do with warriors in particular either.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:25 PM

Elune

Neither do Dalaran sewers for rogues.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-17-2015, 08:29 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Neither do Dalaran sewers for rogues.
That depends; thematically speaking, rogues are supposed to be equal parts black ops agents, spies, and assassin/thief-type criminals. So 1/3 of their specs at least thematically ties into operating in the shadowy recesses of the underworld, away from prying eyes. Hence, the side passages of the Dalaran sewers, which are full of seedy fences plying their wares and n'er-do-wells plotting any number of legally questionable activities.

Warriors, on the other hand, don't have a spec that's thematically oriented around bare-knuckle fisticuffs and one-on-one brawling, which is what Fray Island was. It was really bizarre, to be honest; there's this island inhabited by a bunch of regular toughs passing the time with fistfights, then it's treated like some sort of rational class-based trial for the player to show up girt in steel and demolish them with military hardware.

It was like if warlocks were sent to test their warlocking mettle against a hidden coven that spends its time painting pictures of demons.

Last edited by ARM3481; 08-17-2015 at 08:36 PM..
Old 08-17-2015, 08:43 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Evolved? How does something "evolve" into something completely unrelated to origin? That's not even what evolution is.

You could just as well suggest that the inn in Redridge is somehow thematically suited to be the Warrior Order just because Keeshan was beating the crap out of shirtless guys in the basement. Which didn't really have anything to do with warriors in particular either.
The same way Fight Club became Project Mayhem. I dunno, I'm just saying a gathering of #savage face punchers could eventually turn into something with some leadership. It's totally a thing. But given rogues getting stuck in the sewers it'll likely be a weirder thing. Basically something needs to rally the warriors under a banner, a hall of heroes. The Warriors are framed as rough and tumble, so I don't think Fray Island is much of a stretch, it'll never happen though because the people working at Blizzard can't remember locations like that.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:13 PM

Eternal

I think warrior will go one of two ways. One that fights and competes for glory and there will be a lot of it to get with the Legion. Other way being that warrior heroes of all races desire to protect their friends and families at any cost and doing it together is the best bet.

I'm more concerned with priest class hall with all the different faiths there are from Loa, Elune, Sun, Light and Shadow.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
I think warrior will go one of two ways. One that fights and competes for glory and there will be a lot of it to get with the Legion. Other way being that warrior heroes of all races desire to protect their friends and families at any cost and doing it together is the best bet.

I'm more concerned with priest class hall with all the different faiths there are from Loa, Naaru, and Shadow.
Fixed.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:40 PM

Arch-Druid

Even if you appeal to Elune, aren't you indirectly using the Light?
Old 08-17-2015, 09:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegrune View Post
Even if you appeal to Elune, aren't you indirectly using the Light?
Well, I mean, she IS a Naaru, so yeah.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:45 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Not that RPG lore is a thing and should be shunned at it's mention, but WoD established that technically Shadow also has a root origin in the Naruu. Not that Orcs can be priests despite inventing an entire spec.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:47 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Vaximillian#2212

Quote:

Newsflash: people are dumb.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Not that RPG lore is a thing and should be shunned at it's mention, but WoD established that technically Shadow also has a root origin in the Naruu. Not that Orcs can be priests despite inventing an entire spec.
We can narrow it down to just 'Loa' and 'Naaru', then!

But who is to say the Loa don't get their power from Naaru, as well? We have to go deeper.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:50 PM

Arch-Druid

The void-phase naaru are called 'void gods' after all. I'd imagine they can emanate and empower others to wield the Shadow, like the naaru do with the Light.

But at any rate I wouldn't say the naaru are the origin of the Light; they're just extremely attuned to it/mediates it with the mortals.
Closed Thread