Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 10-04-2016, 01:20 PM

Eternal

I've always liked Emily.
But then, it's you who has to like it.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 10-05-2016, 05:55 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Added "Veronica" to the list. In related news i am currently wearing a new size L turtleneck (down from 3XL, 4XL if available). It doesn't fit perfectly but i wouldn't call it too small (or me too big). It's actually quite comfy; i like tight clothing. Hate the LOOK of tight clothing though.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:54 AM

Sha of Disappointment

I'll doublecheck, of course, but my therapist just told me insurances here pay neither for hair removal nor voice training. That's a major bummer right there.

Also i've stopped looking for names for the list; unless i happen to stumble over one that i like it's going to be one (or two) of the current ones. The big three right now (not counting Rotal) are "Samantha", "Amanda" and "Veronica". I'm a bit undecided about "Jessica" and "Victoria" so they'll probably get elliminated next. Everything else seems to be a dead duck. "Veronica" (spelled with a C, specifically as a private fuck you to my parents who decided to intentionally misspell my current name by removing a C) has a massive lead over my other main contender "Samantha" on the grounds that "Samantha" isn't exactly unused but relatively uncommon around here. It's also one of the few german girl names that sound kinda nice to my ears; still massively prefer the english version, though. (That goes for all of the remaining names, naturally.)

Not much else to document right now; at the moment it's mostly waiting for the next appointments and making new ones (got my referral for the third doctor today, gotta check when i can get in).

Thinking about asking Mother Moo to rename the thread into something more fitting, or making a brand new one as my own personal playground.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:16 AM

Elune

That's a bummer, I take it you plan to go for laser hair removal?
Old 10-13-2016, 05:21 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

You can buy a laser hair removal tool for around 100 Euro on Amazon, so you could do it yourself. I don't know whether they're any good, though...
Old 10-13-2016, 05:30 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
That's a bummer, I take it you plan to go for laser hair removal?
I do. Well, i did; i'm not 100 percent sold on the Nope due to people saying otherwise on the allknowing internet (specifically for austria, too) but even those reports typically mention that insurances only pay for the long-ass non-laser heat-version where you literally kill every hair duct individually. I'll have to ask the ambulance doctor when i see her next year but... shit's expensive for my funds. And i'm going to need way more than just the face. For someone with sub-normal testosterone i'm fairly hairy all over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
You can buy a laser hair removal tool for around 100 Euro on Amazon, so you could do it yourself. I don't know whether they're any good, though...
I thought about and researched those; general concens is they're worth it if you've got a decade or two to spare :/ they aren't allowed to sell the proper stuff to people without licence, i think.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:34 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
I'll doublecheck, of course, but my therapist just told me insurances here pay neither for hair removal nor voice training. That's a major bummer right there.

Also i've stopped looking for names for the list; unless i happen to stumble over one that i like it's going to be one (or two) of the current ones. The big three right now (not counting Rotal) are "Samantha", "Amanda" and "Veronica". I'm a bit undecided about "Jessica" and "Victoria" so they'll probably get elliminated next. Everything else seems to be a dead duck. "Veronica" (spelled with a C, specifically as a private fuck you to my parents who decided to intentionally misspell my current name by removing a C) has a massive lead over my other main contender "Samantha" on the grounds that "Samantha" isn't exactly unused but relatively uncommon around here. It's also one of the few german girl names that sound kinda nice to my ears; still massively prefer the english version, though. (That goes for all of the remaining names, naturally.)

Not much else to document right now; at the moment it's mostly waiting for the next appointments and making new ones (got my referral for the third doctor today, gotta check when i can get in).

Thinking about asking Mother Moo to rename the thread into something more fitting, or making a brand new one as my own personal playground.
What's wrong with Veronika? It is a fairly common spelling.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
What's wrong with Veronika? It is a fairly common spelling.
While I'm not Rotal, to me Veronika looks harsh and aggressive in comparison to Veronica.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:44 AM

Eternal

Quote:
While I'm not Rotal, to me Veronika looks harsh and aggressive in comparison to Veronica.
Hmm. Well, we can't all have same tastes, right?
Old 10-13-2016, 05:45 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
So perfect for Rotal then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:52 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
What's wrong with Veronika?
Nothing, though now i can't unsee what senpai means. But my parents intentionally spelled my name wrong and removed a C because they gave me a common name and wanted me to stand out. I want my C back.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:30 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:
I want my C back.
Is it bad that I laughed, given, you know, why you want to change your name. And I don't think you even mentioned whether you planned to get bottom surgery or not

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 10-13-2016, 10:35 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Is it bad that I laughed, given, you know, why you want to change your name. And I don't think you even mentioned whether you planned to get bottom surgery or not
I'd put a Kappa there but since i never had one it technically doesn't work
It's an eventual end goal but outside of breast reconstruction it's just about the absolute last spot on the priority list.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:29 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Tome of Knowledge

Huge day ahead - Psychiatrist in a few hours. Then Psychologist on Thursday. Dunno about the latter but from what i hear it's absolutely possible that i'll have the first of my three statements necessary for HRT by the time i arrive at work. Psychologist i hear conflicting info; might be Thursday, might be two or three sessions. My Therapist told me i'll likely need six additional appointments for the third statement; that's a bit of a bummer seeing how they're space out in 2 to 4 week gaps but at least i have a number.
I'm currently being serenaded by one of my birds which is good for my nerves. Work's stress pur, the weightloss thing took an attrocious hit this week, i've got appointments up and out the ass, my internet died on Saturday and tech support says it might run with the new modem but it will require a tech monkey to fix things on site and the triceratops is sick.

I need a vacation. And i hate vacations.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:13 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

>ctrl+F "Tomyris"

>0 matches

WTF is wrong with you.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:16 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
WTF is wrong with you.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:27 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
I don't think getting a is going to fix err'ythan' that's wrong with you Rotchen.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:24 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I don't think getting a is going to fix err'ythan' that's wrong with you Rotchen.
Well, no, not everything. But the raptor cavity is just about the last or second-to-last part of it and isn't going to be accutely relevant for another three-ish years minimum. First step in my workplan is a bunch of stuff in Phase 1; Hormone Replacement Therapy (Estrogen plus Testosterone Blockers), Voice Training (i think i'm going to get some help with that during my next therapy session) and Facial Hair Removal (which i can't afford and the insurance probably isn't paying for so i gotta find a good brand of razers...).
The OTHER stuff (like back pains and new chest pains) are gonna be a shitton of doctor appointments, and there may or may not be a full time job happening next year. Patience finally paid off. Just not the way i wanted it to :/

So. Ontopic. I just had my session with the psychiatrist. (I keep forgetting which is which; pretty sure Psychriatrist was today and Psychologist is Thursday; doesn't really matter as long as they're the right ones.) Two outcomes.
First: he diagnosed me with clinical depression (well, duh) and advises continued therapy about once a month.
Second: i got my first of three statements required for HRT! (The third one's gonna be at the end of my first 10 therapy sessions; that one's pretty much just a time-thing so the only truly up in the air is the second one on Thursday.) However he DID tell me that i was a bit too reluctant to talk about my gender issues compared to the 250 - 300 patients he's diagnosed before. Well... yes? I guess? I have a hard enough time talking about private matters face to face with complete and utter strangers as-is, and trying to explain how you know your sex doesn't fit your gender* might as well be about as easy as explaining the color green to a colorblind. (Like me. Someone explain "green" to me.) Plus he fucking kept changing the goddamn subject to my attrocious family life.
Doesn't matter. I came, i went, i got what i was there for. Right now, for the next 40 hours, that's all that matters. On Thursday i gotta see that i can get my second statement in one go because i really don't fancy having to go there multiple times. Bad enough that my therapy is going to take AT LEAST another three months. Probably longer because i don't really have that kind of money. The therapy isn't covered by insurance; it's government subsidised but they survive on voluntary donations in form of 20 bucks per session. That's not a lot but if i, say, upped them to four per month that'd be a pretty hefty chunk to deal with on top of everything else. Like the laser hair removal.... grrrrrrr. aaaargh. I need my plush turtle. Except i'm at work.

*btw WHY does the german language lack this useful distinction?
Old 11-15-2016, 06:55 AM

Elune

What Oma means is, you will never be fundamentally female so what is the point of achieving some degree of proximity. He also thinks transgenderism is something that should be treated with psychology and not surgery. Or so he thought last time we had this discussion. That discussion caused something of a flame war and made Slywyn ragequit so probably best not to repeat it. I don't think anyone will change their mind anyway.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:24 AM

Needs A Hug

Quote:
What Oma means is, you will never be fundamentally female so what is the point of achieving some degree of proximity. He also thinks transgenderism is something that should be treated with psychology and not surgery. Or so he thought last time we had this discussion. That discussion caused something of a flame war and made Slywyn ragequit so probably best not to repeat it. I don't think anyone will change their mind anyway.
I've had that same conversation with my friends far too many times to ever, ever want to have it again. It never ends well.

For what it's worth, Rotal: Don't do anything that can't be easily reversed. Trying to swap genders doesn't mean you get a fresh start as a new person. You may want to switch back someday, and I'd hate to see anyone else become a statistic over something as stupid as a mutilated raptor.

Quote:
"Jillian"
That's my ex's name. The mere sight of it triggers me.

Last edited by Dithon1; 11-15-2016 at 07:30 AM..
Old 11-15-2016, 07:43 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Again, there are literally several other places where you can discuss this than here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Again, there are literally several other places where you can discuss this than here.
You don't have to read Rotal's updates, if you don't want to. You know that, right? Right?
Old 11-15-2016, 07:58 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post

For what it's worth, Rotal: Don't do anything that can't be easily reversed. Trying to swap genders doesn't mean you get a fresh start as a new person. You may want to switch back someday, and I'd hate to see anyone else become a statistic over something as stupid as a mutilated raptor.
I am not particularly sure if that's eventually the best way to approach it. Being torn in between can ultimately mess the things in your head even more. If she's ultimately convinced of something and feels that way without any inner doubt, she should go on with it, in due time.

Quote:
That's my ex's name. The mere sight of it triggers me.
A word of advice. Try having an intercourse with some other few going by that name. Had the same case with the name Kristine, then found myself a few girls named like that. It helped a bit, now I have a beautiful love-hate relationship with the name.

Last edited by Marthen; 11-15-2016 at 12:01 PM..
Old 11-15-2016, 11:43 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Well... you don't really treat transgenderism. It's not an illness... at least it's not classified as such; let's not get into that.
What you treat is the Disphoria that comes with transsexuality. Not every transperson gets it, and it's not crippling for everyone - some transfolk can get by in the gender assigned at birth without too many issues; i thought i could. I was wrong.
That's basically the core of the issue. Disphoria. Transsexuality by itself wouldn't fuck with your brain too much because all that word really describes is how your sex (body) relates to your gender (brain). For the overwhelming majority of humans, these two are the same. If they're not this can get messy in your brain. Body Disphoria isn't exclusive to transsexuality, btw, it's just a common side effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
I currently can't see any reason to go back to a gender i don't feel any connection to, but if it makes you feel any better they don't just lob your dick off in the first few weeks of HRT. (They actually don't do at all, they slice it up in the middle, invert it, throw away the balls and use all the rest for modern art. You never actually LOSE the raptor, they just change the parts around. The guys have a little more options but generally shittier results than the girls in this regard because it's a lot easier to remove or remodel stuff than adding new parts.) Most of the surgeries are totally end-game of sexchange therapy (which is now usually referred to as sexual reassignment therapy, mostly because of PC-bullshit but also because we now know that transsexuality isn't a psychological issue but a physical one; at least we can scan for the differences between male and female brain patterns and studies show that your brain wave patterns usually fit your gender, whether your sex agrees on that or not.) and Hormone Replacement Therapy takes ages to be complete. The eventuel effects of HRT are permanent and irreversable (i DO wonder if a reverse-HRT would do the trick ) but it takes years before you really notice a phsyical change. Couple that with the (in many countries, like Austria) mandatory therapy and psychological evaluation and most of those who'd later regret it should be weeded out long before any lasting changes have set it.

Quote:
You don't have to read Rotal's updates, if you don't want to. You know that, right? Right?
Well, you know, Noi loves me. Maybe he's a chaser, i dunno.
He's right, though: there are other places i could talk about it, and i do. I need to get at least 10 therapy sessions in, plus the other 2 braindoctor statements, and i'll likely continue therapy even after that, but i don't know where yet. It's just... i dunno, maybe it's because i hate my family but SoL feels like family. Plus the main reason i'm starting to get my shit in order at the tender age of almost-30 is a gross lack of information in my youth so if this helps someone there (you know who you are, guys and girls and inbetweens) i really don't mind the occasional angry black man yelling at clouds.

Btw, Mother Moo, can we change the thread title to something a little more broad?
Old 11-15-2016, 11:52 AM

World Builder

Glad you seem to be doing well with the therapy stuff so far to get all the signoffs for your HRT Rotal, best of luck.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Tags
names, sol therapists