Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 06-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Holy Cow Holy Cow is offline

Demon Hunter
Holy Cow's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mulgore
Posts: 445

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
People who say a class is a race.. when the source that introduced it in the first place says it is a class... yet people still want to call it a race... then they just respond by saying you are the one interpretating the source incorrectly.
Oh, you reminded me of something. That I despise people who blindly accept anything told to them because they just don't want to turn their brains on. They don't ever think if something's wrong or right, because somebody tells them something is right, they just think it's right. Because why burden your mind with thinking? And I'm not talking about stupid RPGs right now, about where do all the evil in the political and social systems begins. Like communists, like Nazis, people were told this is right and because nobody dared to question them, they reigned for a long time. Most people have to be told something is wrong to realize it. That's why democracy will never work... because in real democracy (not press-o-cracy, where press tells you which two candidates stand a chance in an election) people would just burn out of all the THINKING they would have to do to actually make a free, independent choice.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-19-2010, 11:01 AM
SicilianNecktie SicilianNecktie is offline

Warden
SicilianNecktie's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 721

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Cow View Post
Oh, you reminded me of something. That I despise people who blindly accept anything told to them because they just don't want to turn their brains on. They don't ever think if something's wrong or right, because somebody tells them something is right, they just think it's right. Because why burden your mind with thinking? And I'm not talking about stupid RPGs right now, about where do all the evil in the political and social systems begins. Like communists, like Nazis, people were told this is right and because nobody dared to question them, they reigned for a long time. Most people have to be told something is wrong to realize it. That's why democracy will never work... because in real democracy (not press-o-cracy, where press tells you which two candidates stand a chance in an election) people would just burn out of all the THINKING they would have to do to actually make a free, independent choice.
I agree 100%. I'm different from most of ya'll in the sense that I live in the deep south, I'm a fundamentalist Christian, and my political views... you could say some strange monster mix of conservative/libertarian. However, the biggest thing that hacks me off is, like you said, the masses of sheeple that don't have an opinion for themselves. I disagree with a great majority of what Obama has done, but I hate some of his blind supporters more than him, Nancy Pelosi, and Hillary Clinton combined. Half of them didn't know what they wanted (politically, of course... a lot simply voted because he was half black). Now, if you voted for Obama because you actually looked at the issues, sure, that's fine, I really don't care anymore... we disagree, and I honestly doubt arguing will settle it. It just hacks me off that illiterate pieces of garbage who haven't voted their entire lives register for the first time to vote for a candidate simply because he's black.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I'm giving you hope. Whether or not it's false hope is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,376
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
In that same vein, stop spilling stupid into our minds. Maybe then we'll stop being fucking imbeciles about oil, the economy, the environment, & etc.

Of course the honest truth is that the only way to save the human race is to remove half of it from existence, but that simply isn't ethical so we're going to have to find another means in which to save our species from self destruction.
And THAT'S why I'm a transhumanist. Don't bother saving humanity. Just try to make it better until it's no longer recognizably human.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 11,086
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicilianNecktie View Post
I agree 100%. I'm different from most of ya'll in the sense that I live in the deep south, I'm a fundamentalist Christian, and my political views... you could say some strange monster mix of conservative/libertarian. However, the biggest thing that hacks me off is, like you said, the masses of sheeple that don't have an opinion for themselves. I disagree with a great majority of what Obama has done, but I hate some of his blind supporters more than him, Nancy Pelosi, and Hillary Clinton combined. Half of them didn't know what they wanted (politically, of course... a lot simply voted because he was half black). Now, if you voted for Obama because you actually looked at the issues, sure, that's fine, I really don't care anymore... we disagree, and I honestly doubt arguing will settle it. It just hacks me off that illiterate pieces of garbage who haven't voted their entire lives register for the first time to vote for a candidate simply because he's black.
You're forgetting something there. The reason why thousands registered to vote wasn't just for a black president...there were even more who registered to vote *against* a "muslim" president or some other nonsense.

You can get anyone to do anything with a little bit of fear, a little bit of pride, and a whole lot of misinformation. That's why I say fuck xenophobia and fuck patriotism, the only thing worthwhile in this world is what you develop yourself. (Of course that's the mindset of a dictator, so really Mark's right, evil finds a way).

Oh and transhumanism won't save us unless we can evolve ourselves to live in a toxic waste dump. I mean that would be awesome and all, but I don't really want to have to grow a carapace and extra limbs for that to happen.
__________________

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Zula Zula is offline

Eternal
Zula's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,929

Default

I find the lack of faith you all have disturbing. People cheer up!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas roleplaying with Xie
"Take me, Xie! I know you dream of me as I dream of you; you haunt me Xie! Take me! Take me like an aminal Xie!"
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 11,086
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
I find the lack of faith you all have disturbing. People cheer up!
The point of this thread is to deal with angst instead of just suddenly punching your boss in the face like you've always wanted to. I mean, the punching can occur anyway, but at least you've thought it through first.
__________________

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-19-2010, 12:15 PM
SicilianNecktie SicilianNecktie is offline

Warden
SicilianNecktie's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 721

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
You're forgetting something there. The reason why thousands registered to vote wasn't just for a black president...there were even more who registered to vote *against* a "muslim" president or some other nonsense.

You can get anyone to do anything with a little bit of fear, a little bit of pride, and a whole lot of misinformation. That's why I say fuck xenophobia and fuck patriotism, the only thing worthwhile in this world is what you develop yourself. (Of course that's the mindset of a dictator, so really Mark's right, evil finds a way).
Your exactly correct. Some of the people I have to live with... lol. I mean, I find myself pretty conservative, but some people are just bigots who jump over the line and write it again. I'd say Obama is 10 times closer to Atheist than Muslim; Reverend Wright wasn't teaching a single Biblical principle (looking at the Westboro baptist church as well... don't even get me started. Ruining the image for the rest of us... jeez), and Obama seems to hide a relationship with God (if he even has one), yet has claimed to be a Christian. That's a question I'd really like to ask him in person; "Do you have a relationship with God?"

But yeah... we really can't fix humanity. America is just gonna be the next of thousands of cycles of hard work, wealth, extravagance, and then a large fall of a nation. Much like the Romans, British, Greeks, Persians... most every empire that has existed. I think the two major questions are when will we fall and how hard will be fall.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I'm giving you hope. Whether or not it's false hope is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,276

Default

I dislike certain individuals, mindsets, and topics on these forums, and I now rant about it most fumingly.
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Reyson Reyson is offline

Arch-Druid
Reyson's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,174

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Though I'm still glad he won, Obama has done some things that have really pissed me off. Like not do half of the thing he said he would. The difference is that if McCain was elected I wouldn't like the half of the things that were promised that were actually, done, but with Obama I like those
it's hard to get your whole program through when half the people in the parlement vote against everything you say. Even if they would also benefit from it, they vote against it to be able to say, look, obama didn't do the things he promised. Furthermore, I hate the republican party trying to blame everything (economic crisis,the difference between rich&poor, the oilspill, war in Afganistan/Iraq...) on obama. Are they that dumb, or just so short-sighted? 8 years of complete political dissaray, leeching the poor to make the rich richer, fueling wars that didn't need to be fought and neglecting any problems the people have. That isn't easily fixed, it's easier to destroy something than to build it back up. Also, the absolute lies being spread about Obama himself is just complete bull, is he a muslim? is he really an american? is he having an affaire? is he a communist? osama-obama, THAT CAN'T BE COINSIDENCE!!

Furthermore, having healthcare has nothing to do with being communists .It's not because extreme communism was tried and failed, that it didn't have some decent ideas. Do you really want to go through life being a complete selfish bastard? Do you really want to be terrified that if you become sick, you might go bankrupt, lose your house, job and not be able to take care of your family?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzsche
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Ornhelm Ornhelm is offline

Sentinel Queen
Ornhelm's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 978

Default

On that note, why the hell do the yanks fear ANY kind of socialism in ANY form? Where the hell did this irrational hate stem from? MacArthur and his witch-hunts? The Cold War, that wasn't a fucking war at all? Soviet "enemies" when they were the allies most responsible for the dismantlement of freaking Nazi Germany?

Seriously. You want to see how socialism and democracy can work? Look up fucking Pierre Trudeau and God Damn Tommy Douglas.
__________________
The One Free Man.

Run. Think. Shoot. Live.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-19-2010, 06:46 PM
HalfElfDragon HalfElfDragon is offline

The draconic Titleless - Mod
HalfElfDragon's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 15,533
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornhelm View Post
On that note, why the hell do the yanks fear ANY kind of socialism in ANY form? Where the hell did this irrational hate stem from? MacArthur and his witch-hunts? The Cold War, that wasn't a fucking war at all? Soviet "enemies" when they were the allies most responsible for the dismantlement of freaking Nazi Germany?

Seriously. You want to see how socialism and democracy can work? Look up fucking Pierre Trudeau and God Damn Tommy Douglas.
1 - This may just be because I'm from California, but I don't know anybody that likes being called a 'yank'
2 - Its not all Americans, just the conservative ones - that is, almost all Republicans.

The Cold War can be justified by the fact that a lot of terrible things happened to Russians while under socialism. Ultra-conservatives use this to make people think that the terrible things happened because of socialism. A lot of people don't get that correlation ≠ causation. Add to that the fact that Nazi means 'national socialist', and they have a lot of stuff to brainwash people with.
__________________
Quote:
Lucio Benado be wanting to say, Hey, what's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,376
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

To be fair, the American political identity has always been one of individualism. It's something that's been drilled into our consciousness and is as big a part of our culture as democratic practices. While I myself subscribe to the political system of Technocracy, I understand that the majority of my countrymen are pretty much assured that the existing federalist republican system is the only one that could work for America.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Rolandius Rolandius is offline

Elune
Rolandius's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States of America
Posts: 6,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Cow View Post
Oh, you reminded me of something. That I despise people who blindly accept anything told to them because they just don't want to turn their brains on. They don't ever think if something's wrong or right, because somebody tells them something is right, they just think it's right. Because why burden your mind with thinking? And I'm not talking about stupid RPGs right now, about where do all the evil in the political and social systems begins. Like communists, like Nazis, people were told this is right and because nobody dared to question them, they reigned for a long time. Most people have to be told something is wrong to realize it. That's why democracy will never work... because in real democracy (not press-o-cracy, where press tells you which two candidates stand a chance in an election) people would just burn out of all the THINKING they would have to do to actually make a free, independent choice.
Well, that came out of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornhelm View Post
Soviet "enemies" when they were the allies most responsible for the dismantlement of freaking Nazi Germany?
Lol?
__________________
"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
George Orwell

Last edited by Rolandius; 06-19-2010 at 07:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Cleopatra Cleopatra is offline

Glaive Thrower
Cleopatra's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 50

Default

I'm gonna rant a sec about something that has been pissing me off lately: Movies.

1. Comic Book Movies. Now I am all for them, if they are done right. But no instead we have these retards writing them that know NOTHING about the comics, or the people in them. So either you get a movie that doesn't make sense, or a movie that has nothing to do with the comics, but is just made to rake in the cash (I'm looking at you Wolverine.) I am really hoping that something comes along that isn't complete trash.

2. Movie Remakes. I mean come on. Stop ruining my childhood because none of you "writers" can come up with anything original. I can understand remaking movies that are 40 or 50 years old. But other than that no. They should be off limits. They ruined Halloween, and Nightmare on Elm Street to name a few. And then I read that they are remaking Hellraiser ( Its not even that old people), they are trying to "reboot" Labyrinth, and Wizard of Oz, and all my childhood favorites. It has to stop.

3.Sequels many years later. I think this one is self explanatory. Just because the originals were semi successful doesn't mean you have to make a new one with the now old as crap actors. Examples: Tron 2, Wall Street 2, and now I read a Top Gun 2. I think these movies should be boycotted. Just because you want to make money doesn't mean you have to be shoving this vile crap down our throats.


This is it for now, but I may come back and add more later.
__________________
Cleopatra: 100 NE Priest Icecrown
Watergirl: 100 Gnome Mage Icecrown
Azshera 100 NE Doomkin Icecrown
Juggalette 100 Worgen Hunter Icecrown

Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Rolandius Rolandius is offline

Elune
Rolandius's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States of America
Posts: 6,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleopatra View Post
I'm gonna rant a sec about something that has been pissing me off lately: Movies.

1. Comic Book Movies. Now I am all for them, if they are done right. But no instead we have these retards writing them that know NOTHING about the comics, or the people in them. So either you get a movie that doesn't make sense, or a movie that has nothing to do with the comics, but is just made to rake in the cash (I'm looking at you Wolverine.) I am really hoping that something comes along that isn't complete trash.

2. Movie Remakes. I mean come on. Stop ruining my childhood because none of you "writers" can come up with anything original. I can understand remaking movies that are 40 or 50 years old. But other than that no. They should be off limits. They ruined Halloween, and Nightmare on Elm Street to name a few. And then I read that they are remaking Hellraiser ( Its not even that old people), they are trying to "reboot" Labyrinth, and Wizard of Oz, and all my childhood favorites. It has to stop.

3.Sequels many years later. I think this one is self explanatory. Just because the originals were semi successful doesn't mean you have to make a new one with the now old as crap actors. Examples: Tron 2, Wall Street 2, and now I read a Top Gun 2. I think these movies should be boycotted. Just because you want to make money doesn't mean you have to be shoving this vile crap down our throats.

This is it for now, but I may come back and add more later.
1. Some are good, some not.

2. I agree. They do it so much that they have two use different words for what they are doing. Reimagination, reboot, remake, etc.

3. Depends on the movie I guess.
__________________
"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-19-2010, 07:44 PM
SicilianNecktie SicilianNecktie is offline

Warden
SicilianNecktie's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 721

Default

I think the reason so many Americans don't want socialism is because, well, capitalism has worked for what Americans want. With capitalism, people can spend as extravagantly as they wish, have fewer taxes, and choose what to pay for. While being more socialist has it's benefits, such as nationalized healthcare and welfare programs, a the people above the poverty line don't want to pay for those below it, because, well, A lot of the people below the poverty line (not ALL, but a good number) are lazy crackheads who would rather spend welfare checks on marijuana and Ramen noodles than supporting their family, getting a job, getting an education, etc. Like Omacron said earlier; if half the people in the world were to die, it'd be a lot easier. Unfortunately, in America, this generation has been floating on top of the tidal wave of wealth from the economic flow from WWII, along with minimal losses. People aren't used to having to work except for a few who keep that work ethic.

With Europe, however, reconstruction after the war took a long time, and in some places continues. The people in Europe, I believe have a strong work ethic, are willing to bear a burden, and are much more responsible than the average American. Because of this, Socialism works across the pond. The people in welfare aren't going to wallow in misery and marijuana smoke, they're going to find a new job and get out of it.

Whenever your looking at political systems, it's much like a car. You can't say "Socialism works, and Capitalism doesn't" and you can't say "Democracy works, and Communism doesn't". Any political system can work; all of it is based on society and their reactions to it. What works best for the current society is what will help that nation succeed. In America, I honestly believe sticking to capitalism will show some of the careless people below the poverty line how important it is to be able to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps; if you don't, you'll either die or live in squalor. I don't think that nationalized healthcare will help us in the long run, unless society itself had a major change of opinion, because it will reinforce the lazy people under welfare to continue their ways because they will always have help. After a while, America is going to need money to be able to support all these projects. That can only come from a steep tax rise not only on major companies and the obscenely rich, but it's going to have to be increased on anyone above the poverty line. Eventually, America will fall from debt. My only wonder is if we'll be able to pick ourselves back up.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I'm giving you hope. Whether or not it's false hope is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,276

Default

Every ideology has its advantages and its weaknesses. I personally believe that any governmental system can work, as long as the people under it want it to, and the people running it are not total assholes.
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Rolandius Rolandius is offline

Elune
Rolandius's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States of America
Posts: 6,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicilianNecktie View Post
I think the reason so many Americans don't want socialism is because, well, capitalism has worked for what Americans want. With capitalism, people can spend as extravagantly as they wish, have fewer taxes, and choose what to pay for. While being more socialist has it's benefits, such as nationalized healthcare and welfare programs, a the people above the poverty line don't want to pay for those below it, because, well, A lot of the people below the poverty line (not ALL, but a good number) are lazy crackheads who would rather spend welfare checks on marijuana and Ramen noodles than supporting their family, getting a job, getting an education, etc. Like Omacron said earlier; if half the people in the world were to die, it'd be a lot easier. Unfortunately, in America, this generation has been floating on top of the tidal wave of wealth from the economic flow from WWII, along with minimal losses. People aren't used to having to work except for a few who keep that work ethic.

With Europe, however, reconstruction after the war took a long time, and in some places continues. The people in Europe, I believe have a strong work ethic, are willing to bear a burden, and are much more responsible than the average American. Because of this, Socialism works across the pond. The people in welfare aren't going to wallow in misery and marijuana smoke, they're going to find a new job and get out of it.

Whenever your looking at political systems, it's much like a car. You can't say "Socialism works, and Capitalism doesn't" and you can't say "Democracy works, and Communism doesn't". Any political system can work; all of it is based on society and their reactions to it. What works best for the current society is what will help that nation succeed. In America, I honestly believe sticking to capitalism will show some of the careless people below the poverty line how important it is to be able to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps; if you don't, you'll either die or live in squalor. I don't think that nationalized healthcare will help us in the long run, unless society itself had a major change of opinion, because it will reinforce the lazy people under welfare to continue their ways because they will always have help. After a while, America is going to need money to be able to support all these projects. That can only come from a steep tax rise not only on major companies and the obscenely rich, but it's going to have to be increased on anyone above the poverty line. Eventually, America will fall from debt. My only wonder is if we'll be able to pick ourselves back up.
I think the jury is in on Communism though.
__________________
"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-19-2010, 08:30 PM
SicilianNecktie SicilianNecktie is offline

Warden
SicilianNecktie's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 721

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
I think the jury is in on Communism though.
This is another think that is pretty annoying, whenever people don't have anything to say, they try to discredit an example who's intent was obvious and meant simply for clarification, rather than proof, so that the reader can understand the writer's line of thought. Comments like this throw off other readers and derail the discussion, arguing about a single specific example/analogy that has no meaning in the original argument other than ease for the reader, and eventually lead to mass confusion for both the reader and writer.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I'm giving you hope. Whether or not it's false hope is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Rolandius Rolandius is offline

Elune
Rolandius's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States of America
Posts: 6,588

Default

People who disagree with their own criteria when it is used against them. It's like... make up your mind already.
__________________
"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-19-2010, 09:24 PM
SicilianNecktie SicilianNecktie is offline

Warden
SicilianNecktie's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 721

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
People who disagree with their own criteria when it is used against them. It's like... make up your mind already.
People who can't seem to get the main idea of a post... The example was not proof, it was clarification. It was a point almost universally accepted that was being clarified through use of an analogy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I'm giving you hope. Whether or not it's false hope is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Ornhelm Ornhelm is offline

Sentinel Queen
Ornhelm's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 978

Default

Quote:
Lol?
For the love of God...if you think America played a bigger role than the Commonwealth and USSR...

You can go to hell.

Battle of Britain and Battle of Stalingrad say hi. If either of them lost there, the chances of Allied forces winning the war would be next to none.
__________________
The One Free Man.

Run. Think. Shoot. Live.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,276

Default

Best not to give assholes ideas...
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.

Last edited by Revenant; 06-20-2010 at 12:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Yuber8900 Yuber8900 is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Yuber8900's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,659

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornhelm View Post
For the love of God...if you think America played a bigger role than the Commonwealth and USSR...

You can go to hell.

Battle of Britain and Battle of Stalingrad say hi. If either of them lost there, the chances of Allied forces winning the war would be next to none.
Yes, yes, XXX side did everything and YYY did nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Ornhelm Ornhelm is offline

Sentinel Queen
Ornhelm's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 978

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
Yes, yes, XXX side did everything and YYY did nothing.
No, I'm just tired of Americans boasting about their supposed military superiority. It's old. It's overblown. It's stupid.

I hate a lot of American things. Your political system was thrown together by a bunch of uneducated dolts. Your limited 2 parties, who mirror each other in mindless mud-slinging, is incredibly inferior to other democracies that have multiple parties. Your senate is equally ineffectual, and holds too much power. A strong federal government is necessary in maintaining democracy. Your military thinks it can police the world and force your inferior form of democracy on war-torn nations. Your CIA is almost as bad the Soviet Era KGB, with its constant meddling in Middle-east, South American, and Eastern European affairs. Your gun laws are retarded. Your military budget is retarded. And most of all, your food is retarded.
__________________
The One Free Man.

Run. Think. Shoot. Live.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
angry sax, catharsis, spam thread 2.0, stop using gawker

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.