Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 12-06-2017, 05:55 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

The rift is a small tiny crystal that is green it is clearly a red shiny thing in the air.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 12-06-2017, 06:22 PM

Eternal

Letting all that aside it could be that even without a visible rift, there might still be a connection between Argus and Azeroth like between Draenor and Azeroth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
And Lordaeron

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Old 12-06-2017, 11:39 PM

Wisp

Leaving the big gaping hole to argus open would be monumentally moronic, there are probably still millions of demons left on its surface. Enough to finish our battered and exhausted armies. Even if lorewise we did abandon everyone left on the planet, it is still the right choice.

Last edited by Embers of Darnassus; 12-06-2017 at 11:42 PM..
Old 12-07-2017, 01:16 AM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
There's still a connection, thought. The "red star" in the sky indicates something of the link still exists. Maybe the portal is there, but it's too small to actually show a whole planet behind it.
And if Zappy Zooly was able to create a rift between a time displaced alternate universe and Azeroth, he can port between Argus and Azeroth through a spatial tear.

Kidding aside, given the nature of the sargerite keystone's opening, and the fact that hasn't apparently closed entirely, there's should still be a link; maybe something wormhole-like that makes Argus be one portal away.

Since I doubt that they will replace the Vindicaar in Argus, the canon explanation will be that the Vindicaar can warp through the wormhole with ease, so the heroes of Azeroth can still try to find all those treasures and rare mounts.

While part of me had the outlandish wish that they "snapped" Mc'Aree from Argus and made it a floating island on Azeroth, I'd be glad if we get even some gossip text of Draenei and LF traveling to Mac'Aree to rebuild and help the broken.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:48 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
Since I doubt that they will replace the Vindicaar in Argus, the canon explanation will be that the Vindicaar can warp through the wormhole with ease, so the heroes of Azeroth can still try to find all those treasures and rare mounts.
Um...it's basically by definition not canon that players can go back to obsolete content for mounts and cosmetic rewards.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:53 AM

Eternal

Quote:
They really don't need to explain it in such a convulted and unnecessary way, as Blizzard said, levels and patches indicate time flow in the game (Outland/Northrend being the exception), everything concerning Argus and the Vindicaar simply happens before the events of Antorus.

In any case, I strongly disagree with the notion Argus should be in any way salvageable. First of all, this is a planet that has been sundered and corrupted by the Legion and fel for millenia upon millenia. Preserving some parts of Outland is one thing, but Argus is a wholly different beast. Moreover, there really should be at least some point of no return in the universe, otherwise it would feel too weak.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:57 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

The Krokul should be salvaged, though.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:27 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
The Krokul should be salvaged, though.
Well yeah, in principle definitely, because they don't deserve to die along with their ruined planet. Not sure how salvageable those void-crazed ones in Mac'aree would be, but the rest definitely deserve a chance to start over somewhere safer.

But as far as bringing anything particularly useful with them in the way of aesthetics or themes to Azeroth, they don't really add anything to WoW that Outland's Broken didn't have going for them. The Krokul of Argus are pretty much an outright copy-paste of the same stealthing, shaman-having, talbuk-riding, sickle-using Broken we've already seen before, albeit with a higher-rez character model.

Though admittedly they seem to have avoided going insane and further degenerating from their affliction over these past 25,000 years, since we don't see any evidence of Lost Ones on Argus. Which could have arguably been a unique symptom of the Outland Broken due to the Curse of Sethe being involved in the fel concoction that caused their mutation.

Last edited by ARM3481; 12-07-2017 at 02:30 AM..
Old 12-07-2017, 03:05 AM

The Knight-Lord

This is a request of anyone with the PTR who's down for a quick check of Suramar, particularly the external, Nightborn-allied-race portion of The Nighthold: if you fly over to the area with the massive garden, where the Botanist boss is in the raid version, is that full of friendly NPC's, too, or is it still full of hostiles? I'd love to know for RP reasons. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I hope you get raped harder than an African woman during ethnic cleansing
- Noitora, "A Couple of Illidan Spoilers" Thread (Pg. 17; Post #339)

Last edited by Darkphoenix; 12-07-2017 at 03:08 AM..
Old 12-07-2017, 03:41 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
This is a request of anyone with the PTR who's down for a quick check of Suramar, particularly the external, Nightborn-allied-race portion of The Nighthold: if you fly over to the area with the massive garden, where the Botanist boss is in the raid version, is that full of friendly NPC's, too, or is it still full of hostiles? I'd love to know for RP reasons. Thanks.
Its filled with hostile mobs.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 12-07-2017, 03:44 AM

The Knight-Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Its filled with hostile mobs.
That absolutely blows. Couple that with no indoor areas for the capital, and I am disappointed...

Thank you for checking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I hope you get raped harder than an African woman during ethnic cleansing
- Noitora, "A Couple of Illidan Spoilers" Thread (Pg. 17; Post #339)
Old 12-07-2017, 07:06 AM

Arch-Druid

It's funny that this image, published in the "Shadow & Light" book for the old RPG, over a decade and half ago, kinda foreshadows Sargeras' actions in Legion.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 12-07-2017, 08:32 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

"At least the horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

More and more, The Last Guardian seems the most rich in Warcraft nuances out of all the series' books.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:52 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Seething Shore:

It's covered in Gorian-style ogre ruins (and they were called ogre ruins in the BlizzCon map, so its not just a case of them re-using models). The idea that at least one group of ogres post coming to Azeroth managed to build huge settlements like that is intriguing. Perhaps its laying the groundwork for more advanced, playable ogres some time in the future?
Old 12-07-2017, 04:39 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
It's covered in Gorian-style ogre ruins (and they were called ogre ruins in the BlizzCon map, so its not just a case of them re-using models). The idea that at least one group of ogres post coming to Azeroth managed to build huge settlements like that is intriguing. Perhaps its laying the groundwork for more advanced, playable ogres some time in the future?
Horde bias.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:37 PM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
They really don't need to explain it in such a convulted and unnecessary way, as Blizzard said, levels and patches indicate time flow in the game (Outland/Northrend being the exception), everything concerning Argus and the Vindicaar simply happens before the events of Antorus.

In any case, I strongly disagree with the notion Argus should be in any way salvageable. First of all, this is a planet that has been sundered and corrupted by the Legion and fel for millenia upon millenia. Preserving some parts of Outland is one thing, but Argus is a wholly different beast. Moreover, there really should be at least some point of no return in the universe, otherwise it would feel too weak.
Eh, Argus has held up for 25.000 years, there's no reason it might get any worse, nor any expectation of it -unless the hatching of the World Soul affects the planet, which wouldn't set a good precedent for Azeroth-

I don't think Argus can be reclaimed in any significant way, but still holds value to be preserved as the draenei homeworld so at least they have that echo of where they come from, rather than an empty teachable moment.

In a way tho, I would have been okay if Argus was lost if Mac'Aree was preserved as a floating island on Azeroth or something, having the krokul tag along. It would feel just very wasteful and sad to have the draenei gazing upon their homeworld once again, only to loose it after a few months.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:23 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Seething Shore:

Remnants of Cho'gall setting up shop in AQ?
Old 12-07-2017, 09:07 PM

Druid of the Claw
Send a message via MSN to Hades

Quote:
Seething Shore:

Maybe related to feralas Gordunni.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:50 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Panda

Planet-Shards like Outland, Argus or probably even some of the Legion's outposts seem to still be capable of supporting life, atmosphere and food and all, so while the PLANET Argus is probably unsalvageable, the PLACE Argus will likely be fine once the Legion is kicked out. I mean, the Broken (AND the Legion, depending on whether or not Demons need to eat) got 25 thousand years of sustenance out of the place, the ecosystem can't be THAT bad. Hell, after all that time one of the shards (the only three we got to visit) is even full of plant life. Somehow. Argus is fine. A little broken but fine, which is a nice metaphor for the Draenei.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:02 AM

Eternal

Quote:
ยด
In a way tho, I would have been okay if Argus was lost if Mac'Aree was preserved as a floating island on Azeroth or something, having the krokul tag along. It would feel just very wasteful and sad to have the draenei gazing upon their homeworld once again, only to loose it after a few months.
That's the point I was arguing, Argus' fate should feel sad and hollow, it should be an example of a sad waste and point of no return. You are free to your own opinion (and that's fine, people can have different visions of what things should be, so long as they do not meltdown when things go a different way), but I already explained my reasoning.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:57 AM

Elune

the funniest thing is that we left the broken of argus behind outnumbered in the milions to 1.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 12-08-2017, 02:53 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Xal'atath says this when you go to the Seat of the Pantheon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire
Long have we sought entry into this realm! To think we have a mortal to thank for giving us our foothold. Your service will be remembered!
That's... not a good sign.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

Pretty sure Xal'atath's just full of hot air. And/or trying to break the character.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:36 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Celest moves on to HS....Cant say its really a bad thing that hes not with WoW anymore
Old 12-08-2017, 04:39 PM

Dryad

I do hope she's "full of air". As I hope not even half of those Il'gynoth's whispers turn out to be true.

I think it ruins the "madness-inducing" aspect of the whispers if they all turn out to be true. If Old God whispering is a reliable way to predict the future, then what's really madness is ignoring them. All factions should be applying their best and brightest to the task of unraveling the rants.

If, however, the Old God are right just once in a while, and the rest of the time they are either raving incoherently and/or messing with those who hear them for shits and giggles, that's when it becomes scary. Because you don't know if you can ever trust what you hear.

And so, you assassinate Anduin because the scary old tentacly thing said a "boy king serves at the masters' table"... But it was just messing around. There was nothing to it. Or you don't, because Old Gods are lying liars who lie... Except they didn't this time. There's the fear.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft