Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-12-2018, 07:08 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
So it is MoP 2.0 that will transition into Cataclysm 2.0 midway?
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 08-12-2018, 01:07 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
You're sounding like one of those people who were so sure that Illidan was going to become the lord and savior holy Kerrigan after merging with Xe'ra.
No, That's Sylvanas's role. She's the Kerrigan of WoW.

..I have severe Doubts that Sylvanas will go Holy Light Angel and shoot the Void lords but it's not a possibility I'm ruling out.

But in any case, Blizzard needs to stop talking the Talk and start walking the walk. There has yet to be any case of "wait and see" that ever panned out. Why should I start believing them now?
Old 08-12-2018, 02:38 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
There has yet to be any case of "wait and see" that ever panned out.
Illidan and Xe'ra.

People were even saying that Legion was going to be another WoD disappointment and it turned out being great both gameplay and storywise.

I think you could use some serotonin.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:30 PM

Faerie Dragon

Quote:
Illidan and Xe'ra.

People were even saying that Legion was going to be another WoD disappointment and it turned out being great both gameplay and storywise.

I think you could use some serotonin.
I thought they changed the Illidan/Xe'ra thing because of the massive backlash from Illidan being white-washed. Then they could go say "Look! It went totally different from what you expected!"

I feel Fenixheart's pessimism. Blizzard has given me little reason to hope for something grand to make up for all the crap that's been happening.

And I do take serotonin.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:08 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
I feel Fenixheart's pessimism. Blizzard has given me little reason to hope for something grand to make up for all the crap that's been happening.
What crap?
Old 08-12-2018, 06:18 PM

Faerie Dragon

Quote:
What crap?
All this mystery they kept saying with 'Who burned down the tree!?' and it naturally was Sylvanas all along. And of course the 'morally grey' meme(the Horde is black, and the Alliance white, so I guess that's grey). And the aforementioned "Of course we can trick you!" Of course, this doesn't even get into how during MoP horde players get to watch their faction self-destruct while alliance get to play as a foil for the horde story.

And of course them fanning the flames of faction rivalry hotter then they have ever been. There are people here, on the official forums, and elsewhere, calling for the complete genocide of the horde in-game and deleting it(or at the very least severely crippling horde player experience). What kind of company pits its players against each other in such a toxic environment?

Absolutely nothing Blizzard can do is going to satisfy Alliance player's demands for vengeance, unless they have Sylvanas have some big plan to rewind time and avert most of the horde atrocities.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:01 PM

Troubadour

You have two choices: keep up with your mindless hate or sit down and analyze the facts with a calm mind.

Quote:
All this mystery they kept saying with 'Who burned down the tree!?'
They didn't keep saying. What happened was that the internet did its best job of being an echo chamber.

That was even addressed in a recent interview:

Quote:
And of course the 'morally grey' meme(the Horde is black, and the Alliance white, so I guess that's grey).
The Horde is morally grey. I question your definitions of morality.

Quote:
And the aforementioned "Of course we can trick you!" Of course, this doesn't even get into how during MoP horde players get to watch their faction self-destruct while alliance get to play as a foil for the horde story.
I don't think the Horde is self-destructing itself. The Horde is, in fact, growing stronger in BFA.

Quote:
And of course them fanning the flames of faction rivalry hotter then they have ever been. There are people here, on the official forums, and elsewhere, calling for the complete genocide of the horde in-game and deleting it(or at the very least severely crippling horde player experience).
There has always been people requesting for the Horde to be deleted from the game. That's not a new behavior.

Quote:
What kind of company pits its players against each other in such a toxic environment?
Those players are what's toxic. Their recent personal attacks and death threats on Blizzard workers highlights that.

Quote:
Absolutely nothing Blizzard can do is going to satisfy Alliance player's demands for vengeance, unless they have Sylvanas have some big plan to rewind time and avert most of the horde atrocities.
I hope they satisfy such demans. I can only hope to see Orgrimmar being razed to dust, the same as Stormwind and the Exodar. Important characters should die. Teldrassil and Undercity were both a great step towards returning Warcraft to its former glory, reciting events such as Dalaran's fall, the Culling of Stratholme, the March to Silvermoon, and the explosion of Nordrassil.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
I hope they satisfy such demans. I can only hope to see Orgrimmar being razed to dust, the same as Stormwind and the Exodar. Important characters should die. Teldrassil and Undercity were both a great step towards returning Warcraft to its former glory, reciting events such as Dalaran's fall, the Culling of Stratholme, the March to Silvermoon, and the explosion of Nordrassil.
Given how they keep emphasizing how Alleria and the void elves want the Alliance to control Silvermoon, while the follower missions mention the Horde planning an invasion of the Azuremyst Isles and the mag'har really, really, really hating the draenei, I think there's a real chance we might see Exodar and Silvermoon go the way of Darnassus and Undercity.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:55 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Given how they keep emphasizing how Alleria and the void elves want the Alliance to control Silvermoon, while the follower missions mention the Horde planning an invasion of the Azuremyst Isles and the mag'har really, really, really hating the draenei, I think there's a real chance we might see Exodar and Silvermoon go the way of Darnassus and Undercity.
Absolutely glorious.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:15 PM

Loremaster

And yet somehow the "biggest demonic invasion ever" by a universe-spanning army that had for thousands of years routinely extinguished entire civilizations and scoured entire worlds on the daily couldn't manage to permanently damage, much less destroy, a single Horde or Alliance village.
Old Yesterday, 03:59 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I've been saying this for a long time.

Myst Isles/Quel'thalas could very well be patch content, instead of going to new lands. And, since they exist as separate entities from the main world, Blizzard does not even need to touch the existing zones, it can just copy/paste into new instances and go wild with changes to the zones. No phasing needed, you only change to what instance of the zone portals will send you based on having enabled that content or not.

I think this may very well be the content for 8.2.

Quote:
All this mystery they kept saying with 'Who burned down the tree!?'
The only mystery they themselves had said was about the motivations behind the burning. The rest was internet theories spreading like wildfire.

Even the "morally grey" meme was out of context, as Ion's words were "Azeroth is a world of grey", he never used that to describe Sylvanas or the Horde.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; Yesterday at 04:15 AM..
Old Yesterday, 05:05 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
And yet somehow the "biggest demonic invasion ever" by a universe-spanning army that had for thousands of years routinely extinguished entire civilizations and scoured entire worlds on the daily couldn't manage to permanently damage, much less destroy, a single Horde or Alliance village.
Indeed, that's what buggin' me about the biggest invasion ever! Good old Third War, bringing down human and elven kingdoms to ruins. If only it was the Legion that destroyed Darkshore, Teldrassil and Lordaeron/Undercity.
Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Not our fault the legion didn't recruit enough orcs and humans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I've been saying this for a long time.

Myst Isles/Quel'thalas could very well be patch content, instead of going to new lands. And, since they exist as separate entities from the main world, Blizzard does not even need to touch the existing zones, it can just copy/paste into new instances and go wild with changes to the zones. No phasing needed, you only change to what instance of the zone portals will send you based on having enabled that content or not.

I think this may very well be the content for 8.2.
That reminds me, there's a lot of places that have a chance to show up as patch content. Aside from Crestfall and Zul'dare being mysteriously absent (and they didn't forget about at least Crestfall, it was a subzone of Stormsong Valley for most of the beta before being removed), there's the empty mapfiles for Plunder Isle and Nazjatar (though that could just be the raid, though that would mean just having a random instance portal in another zone for getting there, which doesn't seem ideal).

Then we've got that weird Uther's tomb update, which unless it becomes the starting area for an allied race would suggest a Broken Shore style Return to Lordaeron patch. And if N'Zoth is the final boss then we'd need Ny'alotha (though again they could just point a random teleporting instance portal in a pre-existing zone).

Add in the very likely Azuremyst and Quel'thalas stuff, I'm very curious about how BfA's patch cycle will shape out. Hopefully we'll get a good idea at Gamescom and Blizzcon.
Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Daelin was right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old Yesterday, 11:52 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
That reminds me, there's a lot of places that have a chance to show up as patch content. Aside from Crestfall and Zul'dare being mysteriously absent (and they didn't forget about at least Crestfall, it was a subzone of Stormsong Valley for most of the beta before being removed), there's the empty mapfiles for Plunder Isle and Nazjatar (though that could just be the raid, though that would mean just having a random instance portal in another zone for getting there, which doesn't seem ideal).

Then we've got that weird Uther's tomb update, which unless it becomes the starting area for an allied race would suggest a Broken Shore style Return to Lordaeron patch. And if N'Zoth is the final boss then we'd need Ny'alotha (though again they could just point a random teleporting instance portal in a pre-existing zone).

Add in the very likely Azuremyst and Quel'thalas stuff, I'm very curious about how BfA's patch cycle will shape out. Hopefully we'll get a good idea at Gamescom and Blizzcon.
My guess, as I posted in MMO-C:

8.1- War campaign continues. New islands: Zul'dare (Horde) and Crestfall (Alliance), in the same map, as staging areas. Navy battle foreshadowed in the 8.0 campaign. Azshara meddling with things. Playable Zandalari and Kul Tirans.
8.1.5- Nazjatar raid. Entrance to Nazjatar may be found somewhere in the new Zul'dare/Crestfall map, maybe in an underwater section.

8.2- New Battlefront in Kalimdor. Playable vulpera and ???. Really no idea beyond that. Maybe go back to the old world? Personally, I'd love to see the Horde and Alliance advancing into Myst Isles and Quel'thalas.
8.2.5- A new raid ("Voidwell Plateau"? With callback class sets to Sunwell gear?).

8.3- Playable Mok'nathal (or ogres) and ???. No idea beyond that.
8.3.5- Final raid. Probably a faction-themed raid, with different (but same mechanics) bosses for Alliance and Horde. My guess would be "Siege of Stormwind".

------------------------

About Warbringers: Azshara: since it's not yet out, I'm guessing it will have some big twist/reveal in it. Azshara has already done something big, we just didn't see it.

(Or, as someone pointed out to me, they are "delaying" it for Gamescom, when they'll most likely reveal 8.1 info. If that's the case, then my "big twist" theory is most likely false.)

Last edited by Deicide; Yesterday at 12:19 PM..
Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

So I've been thinking on how I would end the Sylvanas issue without making a repeat of MoP like Blizzard is insisting they won't, and here's my idea/theory.

Players are called by Anduin/Baine to meet at a secret location. There they find a meeting with Anduin, Baine, and Saurfang. They've got a plan. Saurfang will go to Orgrimmar and challenge Sylvanas to Mak'gora in the open (so she can't refuse). Once she's dead, Warchief Saurfang will work with Anduin to de-escalate the war and hopefully bring peace.

The player goes to Orgrimmar with Saurfang if Horde, while Alliance players go in stealth with SI:7 to make sure Saurfang upholds his end of the deal.

The battle goes and Saurfang is winning, so Sylvanas cheats and kills him with a poisoned arrow. She tries to use this to get the Horde even more on her side and way of thinking by giving a speech on how this is why honor is holding the Horde back, for, as Saurfang just learned the hard way, "honor matters nothing to a corpse."

It backfires, with the Horde outraged and a mob descending on Sylvanas. She escapes to do stuff in the next expansion. Either Saurfang turns out to be not quite dead and is healed, or Baine becomes Warchief (can't decide which).

They also notice some troubling signs that someone else may have tried to kill Saurfang in the duel, the suspicion falling on the Alliance trying to make Saurfang a martyr to turn the Horde on Sylvanas. Whether it's true or not is a mystery for later and gives Horde players a reason to want to fight the Alliance in the future, something they sorely need.
Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
So I've been thinking on how I would end the Sylvanas issue without making a repeat of MoP like Blizzard is insisting they won't, and here's my idea/theory.

Players are called by Anduin/Baine to meet at a secret location. There they find a meeting with Anduin, Baine, and Saurfang. They've got a plan. Saurfang will go to Orgrimmar and challenge Sylvanas to Mak'gora in the open (so she can't refuse). Once she's dead, Warchief Saurfang will work with Anduin to de-escalate the war and hopefully bring peace.

The player goes to Orgrimmar with Saurfang if Horde, while Alliance players go in stealth with SI:7 to make sure Saurfang upholds his end of the deal.

The battle goes and Saurfang is winning, so Sylvanas cheats and kills him with a poisoned arrow. She tries to use this to get the Horde even more on her side and way of thinking by giving a speech on how this is why honor is holding the Horde back, for, as Saurfang just learned the hard way, "honor matters nothing to a corpse."

It backfires, with the Horde outraged and a mob descending on Sylvanas. She escapes to do stuff in the next expansion. Either Saurfang turns out to be not quite dead and is healed, or Baine becomes Warchief (can't decide which).

They also notice some troubling signs that someone else may have tried to kill Saurfang in the duel, the suspicion falling on the Alliance trying to make Saurfang a martyr to turn the Horde on Sylvanas. Whether it's true or not is a mystery for later and gives Horde players a reason to want to fight the Alliance in the future, something they sorely need.
Mine: The War escapates a lot. Alliance tries a desperate gambit to kill Sylvanas. It works, but instead of ending the war, the Horde sees it as dishonorable and presses on. The gambit leaves Alliance weakened and vulnerable. Horde crushes Alliance and invades Stormwind.

The invasion frees Saurfang. Anduin evacuates the city while holding the line to defend the citizens. Anduin is defeated. Before he's killed by an angry mob, Saurfang jumps in to save him, and fights to the bitter end the Horde to save the Alliance.

As Saurfang is nearly dead, Baine steps in and join him. Then Zekhan, then others. More and more Horde leaders do so, demoralizing the troops. The last few leaders still wanting war see the troops demoralized and agree to retreat.

Alliance and Horde end up broken and weakened. Saurfang dies from his wounds, as a proud warrior. Baine takes the mantle of warchief. There's a lot of bad blood between the factions, but they are too weakened to keep fighting and agree to cease fire.

Each faction keeps its own continent, as the other just hasn't enough forces to threaten it. The Horde has a lot of soul-searching to do. The Alliance celebrates the courage of Saurfang while harboring. It's time to rebuild.

Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM

Faerie Dragon

Quote:
You have two choices: keep up with your mindless hate or sit down and analyze the facts with a calm mind.
Mindless hate? You dare!? I have been steeped in mindless hate since I decided to come back to WoW last month, and I don't know what to believe anymore.

Quote:
Oh, I agree completly. Destroy it! Destory it ALL!!! And let Azeroth be a Mad-Max style blasted-wasteland where all our characters are constantly killing each other and barely surviving day-to-day! That would be cool.
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM

Chimaera

Of all the Headache inducing things to read, people are out here in the year 2018 saying the Horde is Morally Grey without a hint of Irony.

When did SoL turn into MMO Champion
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
Of all the Headache inducing things to read, people are out here in the year 2018 saying the Horde is Morally Grey without a hint of Irony.

When did SoL turn into MMO Champion
As I said, I must question your definitions of ethics and morality.
Old Today, 01:03 AM

Elune

Quote:
There is more to Teldrassil than it seems!

Sylvanas just sets the tree on fire like everyone thought.

And that's just what happened last Thursday, there are plenty of examples of Blizz going "you will never guess what happens" only to have what everyone expected happen.
Old Today, 10:30 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Based on some twitter feedback, I redid my "how to get rid of Sylvanas as Warchief without doing another Siege of Orgrimmar raid" prediction and added a big theory about what her true objective is for a Blizzplanet article.

TL;DR is that Sylvanas' true objective is to kill Azeroth's world soul. There's tons of foreshadowing that she wants the death of all living things, and the Heart of Azeroth quest introduces a specific glass seal that Magni says would instantly kill the world soul if it were to be shattered, how convenient...
Old Today, 12:30 PM

Eternal

I just found out a cinematic was supposed to play on the way to Kul Tiras. The server madness must have caused it to skip for me, because I went from standing on the Stormwind docks, to a loading screen, to standing on Jaina's ship in the middle of Boralus.

I've since watched it on youtube, but I'm pretty disappointed that my first trip to Kul Tiras was borked.
Old Today, 02:46 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilgath View Post
I just found out a cinematic was supposed to play on the way to Kul Tiras. The server madness must have caused it to skip for me, because I went from standing on the Stormwind docks, to a loading screen, to standing on Jaina's ship in the middle of Boralus.

I've since watched it on youtube, but I'm pretty disappointed that my first trip to Kul Tiras was borked.
It's not just you, it was a big glitch effecting enough people that Blizzard's twitter had to link to the WoWhead spoilers to show people because so many players missed it. It's apparently hotfixed now.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft