Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 05-19-2017, 08:48 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Ogre

The idea that every conceivable ogre tribe managed to migrate over the entirety of Azeroth and then establish successful settlements in the most adverse conditions all in the span of about thirty-years always struck me as far-fetched. They're strangely one of the most successful races of Azeroth - and they've only been here for a generation.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:38 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

They could just be abberations from storm giants like humans were from vrykul.

Dunno how they could grow two heads though. Might be breeding.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 05-20-2017, 12:00 AM

Arch-Druid

Drugon the Frostblood's info leaves no doubt that they are native to Azeroth and not Draenor. Considering Brann got most of his infos from an altered source, it's safe to say this, and a few other theories, are wrong.

I do support the idea they are a trogglike mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
The idea that every conceivable ogre tribe managed to migrate over the entirety of Azeroth and then establish successful settlements in the most adverse conditions all in the span of about thirty-years always struck me as far-fetched. They're strangely one of the most successful races of Azeroth - and they've only been here for a generation.
Hardly every conceivable ogre tribe; I hope you're just extrapolating :p

Only some did.

Their presence in Kalimdor is probably explained as them following Cho'gall and the Twilight's Hammer, who in turn were guided by C'thun.

As for their continued existence in places such as Stranglethorn, Duskwood, Loch Modan and Arathi (just to name a few), it might be explained by the fact that due to their aggressiveness and strength, they would probably often be rather left alone. Few Kingdoms would be able to spare resources against such an enemy that would probably result in so much loss. Especially if they remained mostly to themselves in their corner of the land (as, I recognize, did not happen in Stromgarde).

Tags
appreciation t. revenge, gronn is life, gronn is love