Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Overwatch Discussion

Old Today, 07:30 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Why did reaper stop being a tank buster? Is it coz bastion
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old Today, 10:26 AM

Eternal

Reaper has the same problem that soldier used to have.

They're not front line fighters.

When they become effective. People will bitch. Happened to McCree too and now pharah is tearing ass. Infact, i remember saying here a long time ago that she is broken just because of that one game after her buff where i floated in the air perpetually and destroyed the other team with little effort.

People couldn't handle McCree when he went from a hammer fanning fiend to a precision based six shooter. They couldn't handle soldier when his damage became not shit at mid range. And they will not be able to handle a reaper that is more effective in a face to face combat situation between teams.
Old Today, 11:33 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
Reaper has the same problem that soldier used to have.

They're not front line fighters.

When they become effective. People will bitch. Happened to McCree too and now pharah is tearing ass. Infact, i remember saying here a long time ago that she is broken just because of that one game after her buff where i floated in the air perpetually and destroyed the other team with little effort.

People couldn't handle McCree when he went from a hammer fanning fiend to a precision based six shooter. They couldn't handle soldier when his damage became not shit at mid range. And they will not be able to handle a reaper that is more effective in a face to face combat situation between teams.
The dmg to soldier is noticeable and that hurts taking care of the Pharmercy combo. Hes still extremely viable however that combo is horrendous and a pain in the ass. Reaper does need a rework, I cant see them being happy with where hes currently at
EDIT
I would go with a similar buff they made with mercy making her immune to damage for a short bit after a res to his teleport ability making him immune in the process of doing it even if that added a few seconds to the CD.
Gathering orbs could apply a shield at full health or reduce CD on say wraith or teleport. Collecting at full health should provide something for him like Lord said.

Last edited by Joeygiggles; Today at 11:46 AM..
Old Today, 11:47 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
The dmg to soldier is noticeable and that hurts taking care of the Pharmercy combo. Hes still extremely viable however that combo is horrendous and a pain in the ass. Reaper does need a rework, I cant see them being happy with where hes currently at
I've noticed this too, it's a pain taking out Pharah now. Hopefully one of the next heroes they put out has some decent anti-air capabilities.

EDIT:

Maybe give Reaper an extra life? Where after he dies he's able to 'wraith' (not teleport) to a nearby location and starts to regenerate there and if he hits full health he's back in action, so unless the other group chases him down they can't actually 'kill' him.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; Today at 11:50 AM..
Old Today, 12:40 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Maybe give Reaper an extra life? Where after he dies he's able to 'wraith' (not teleport) to a nearby location and starts to regenerate there and if he hits full health he's back in action, so unless the other group chases him down they can't actually 'kill' him.
Kind of like the skeleton king in HotS? That would be really cool.
Old Today, 01:40 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
Kind of like the skeleton king in HotS? That would be really cool.
Similar, though Reaper only has a limited time to find a hidey spot and then immediately begins to Rez, and is vulnerable during it.

This is countered by the fact that it doesn't count as a 'death' the first time he's killed, only if he's killed while the CD for this ability is active.

Helps keep OW faster paced.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Tags
blizzard tf2, general thread