Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

If they do try to do away with Silvermoon/Azuremyst, you'll probably see a phasing change to the world instead of just rote destruction of the areas. So, for instance, once the "invasion of [city]" scenario completes, the Plagueland gates and docks to Azuremyst just change over to port you to the new inclusive areas. The old maps just become timewalk areas for completionists.

This is why Cata was such a huge deal game wise, it brought about the ability to circumvent the old server side map divisions.

As to such invasions in terms of in-game activity, more than likely we won't see them in this expansion unless they're extra raids/scenarios tacked onto the end of the xpack's main storyline and prepping for the next one. Too many big changes like that means Blizz loses game space that's necessary for players to spend time in. That, in turn, means that the game developers can't rely on said easily re-used content in the future, and so have to develop more content to fill players game time up.

Lore-wise, it probably means that we're going to start talking about the consequences of the Light vs. the Void a lot more. Or, more specifically, the question of whether forced conversion (e.g. Yrel) will cause more Light adherents to come in and disrupt the question of the Sunwell's proper place in Elven culture. Also, pertinently, whether the BElves and Draenei must finally accept the issue of the Void/Shadow's place in their respective cultures (e.g. Alleria existing side by side with Yrel, and similarly the BElves handling the Forsaken).

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Zandalar city is about the worst shitfest for No Flight ever. Worse than Draenor.
Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Dazar'alor is absolutely glorious. Just grab a few gliders.

Last edited by Krainz; Yesterday at 10:47 PM..
Old Today, 01:51 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Based on some twitter feedback, I redid my "how to get rid of Sylvanas as Warchief without doing another Siege of Orgrimmar raid" prediction and added a big theory about what her true objective is for a Blizzplanet article.

TL;DR is that Sylvanas' true objective is to kill Azeroth's world soul. There's tons of foreshadowing that she wants the death of all living things, and the Heart of Azeroth quest introduces a specific glass seal that Magni says would instantly kill the world soul if it were to be shattered, how convenient...
I like it! I totally agree that Sylvanas is rocking the Death Motif and this seems like a logical place to take it. Besides, we need a moment for this “Champions of Azeroth” faction to take the spotlight, and this would be it.

It could be argued that Sylvanas’ goals might be better off than those of the Old Gods, but neither is really desirable for a sane living being.
Old Today, 02:49 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
As I said, I must question your definitions of ethics and morality.
Please tell me what's so Morally Grey about The Horde Leader making Literal Deal with the Devil to Enslave Angels to help preserve an Army of the Undead that she would rather murder than see them happy, and who Put an entire City to the Torch to *Kill Hope*

What fucking Hill are you dying on where Pitch Black has any upwing.
Old Today, 03:52 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
Please tell me what's so Morally Grey about The Horde Leader making Literal Deal with the Devil to Enslave Angels to help preserve an Army of the Undead that she would rather murder than see them happy, and who Put an entire City to the Torch to *Kill Hope*

What fucking Hill are you dying on where Pitch Black has any upwing.
Sylvanas is pure evil. That doesn't make the Horde as a whole morally black.
Old Today, 04:16 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Sylvanas is pure evil. That doesn't make the Horde as a whole morally black.
Indeed, just as gray is created by blending black with white, morally gray requires evil (sylvanas) with some good (Baine, Saurfang, player characters, etc.) to counterbalance it.
Old Today, 08:06 AM

Troubadour

Saurfang in A Good War and Old Soldier is the epitome of Morally Grayness in recent WoW history.

Baine portrays a lighter shade of gray, especially in the Highmountain recruitment questline.

People who ignore that are either portraying malicious intent, utterly desperate, or ultimately disconnected from recent facts.
Old Today, 03:29 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Saurfang in A Good War and Old Soldier is the epitome of Morally Grayness in recent WoW history.

Baine portrays a lighter shade of gray, especially in the Highmountain recruitment questline.

People who ignore that are either portraying malicious intent, utterly desperate, or ultimately disconnected from recent facts.
I think that’s how morally grey works. Those more morally “white” (is this sounding racist?) are tainted by their association with the morally black. Yet they also soften the moral load as a group.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft