Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > General WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-28-2008, 04:50 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Uh... yeah, feel free to be a prejudice homophobic, Foeslayer, I mean, it's a free internet... but don't justify yourself by saying that's not what you're doing.

That's just... delusional.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:00 PM

Loremaster

Aldrius, we have to help our friend here get in touch with himself. The Army has seared his connection to his feminine side. We must REDUCATE him!
Old 01-28-2008, 05:05 PM

Ranger

Invisibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Uh... yeah, feel free to be a prejudice homophobic, Foeslayer, I mean, it's a free internet... but don't justify yourself by saying that's not what you're doing.

That's just... delusional.
I'm not homophobic, it just seems really really disgusting to me. I'm not afraid of gay people at all, just disgusted by them. Maybe you should get your definitions strait
A phobia is a fear of something. Its just when I see a gay couple the first thing that enters my mind is "yik...ewww...wow that's pretty nasty." Not "omg a gay couple! Get away from them! I'M AFRAID!!!"
Old 01-28-2008, 05:09 PM

Loremaster

I don't look at a gay couple and go "ewwwwwwe grosss". I merely see misguided people who have yet to see the Light. By treating them with compassion you are better prepared to show them a better way by which they can enrich their lives. It's not impossible to change from that you once were. I know for a fact it isn't.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:14 PM

Ranger

Invisibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuki View Post
Aldrius, we have to help our friend here get in touch with himself. The Army has seared his connection to his feminine side. We must REDUCATE him!
Actually my parents have. Years of "WHAT ARE YOU? A QUEER!!!??"
lmao....ok hang on for a sec. I was laughing really hard. Anyways, years of that have helped me with my "allergy" to homosexuals.
Anyways I have a sensitive side. I do have pity. I don't think it's right to kill or harm a person just because they are gay, if that's what some of you are thinking. I've actually met more homosexuals in the Army than any place else. Actually there aren't many homosexuals in Indiana. The few of them there are are shunned or made fun of. When I was in Oklahomo and Missouri I met quite a few gay people and worked with them on duty. Although outside on my freetime I made no contact or attempt to contact with them physically or verbally at all.

And if they were friendly with me I'd give them the information they would be looking for and that's about it, in a friendly manner. I wouldn't pursue a friendship or agree to a friendship with one. The homosexuals I've met and worked with are merely acquaintances and that's all. If they're having a tough time in life being homosexual....maybe they shouldn't be homosexual in the first place.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:16 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foeslayer View Post
Actually my parents have. Years of "WHAT ARE YOU? A QUEER!!!??"
lmao....ok hang on for a sec. I was laughing really hard. Anyways, years of that have helped me with my "allergy" to homosexuals.
Anyways I have a sensitive side. I do have pity. I don't think it's right to kill or harm a person just because they are gay, if that's what some of you are thinking. I've actually met more homosexuals in the Army than any place else. Actually there aren't many homosexuals in Indiana. The few of them there are are shunned or made fun of. When I was in Oklahomo and Missouri I met quite a few gay people and worked with them on duty. Although outside on my freetime I made no contact or attempt to contact with them physically or verbally at all.

And if they were friendly with me I'd give them the information they would be looking for and that's about it, in a friendly manner. I wouldn't pursue a friendship or agree to a friendship with one. The homosexuals I've met and worked with are merely acquaintances and that's all. If they're having a tough time in life being homosexual....maybe they shouldn't be homosexual in the first place.

Don't ask, don't tell?
Old 01-28-2008, 05:20 PM

Ranger

Invisibility

Quote:
I don't look at a gay couple and go "ewwwwwwe grosss". I merely see misguided people who have yet to see the Light. By treating them with compassion you are better prepared to show them a better way by which they can enrich their lives. It's not impossible to change from that you once were. I know for a fact it isn't.
You do that. I Just don't care. If they're looking for guidance don't come to me. I couldn't give you guidance on anything much less your sexual preference. So if that situation was presented to me I'd just say "Sorry, can't help you." Get up and walk away.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:22 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
You do that. I Just don't care. If they're looking for guidance don't come to me. I couldn't give you guidance on anything much less your sexual preference. So if that situation was presented to me I'd just say "Sorry, can't help you." Get up and walk away.
Don't you have any compassion towards your fellow men?
Old 01-28-2008, 05:23 PM

Ranger

Invisibility

Quote:
Don't you have any compassion towards your fellow men?
.....the ones worth giving time to, yes. mostly no...at least not the to ones I deem wierd.

Okay...if I was driving down the road in the middle of nowhere and I saw someone with a flat tire, I'd stop to help. If that person was a homosexual and needed a ride somewhere, sure, I guess. I'd help them to where they're going. Now if that same homosexual gave me their phone number or said "we should hang out some time," I'd respectfully decline.

Last edited by Foeslayer; 01-28-2008 at 05:27 PM..
Old 01-28-2008, 05:27 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
I'm not homophobic, it just seems really really disgusting to me. I'm not afraid of gay people at all, just disgusted by them. Maybe you should get your definitions strait
A phobia is a fear of something. Its just when I see a gay couple the first thing that enters my mind is "yik...ewww...wow that's pretty nasty." Not "omg a gay couple! Get away from them! I'M AFRAID!!!"
Call it what you want, homophobia, homosexual prejudice, whatever. Doesn't detract from my overall point.

Quote:
Okay...if I was driving down the road in the middle of nowhere and I saw someone with a flat tire, I'd stop to help. If that person was a homosexual and needed a ride somewhere, sure, I guess. I'd help them to where they're going. Now if that same homosexual gave me their phone number or said "we should hang out some time," I'd respectfully decline.
Then we have no problem.

Last edited by Aldrius; 01-28-2008 at 05:36 PM..
Old 01-28-2008, 05:30 PM

Ranger

Invisibility

Quote:
Call it what you want, homophobia, homosexual prejudice, whatever. Doesn't detract from my overall point.
whats the point? That I don't like homosexuals? Then you're right. Nothing wrong with that. If you think there's something's wrong with it, I'm sorry, there's not.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:32 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
whats the point? That I don't like homosexuals? Then you're right. Nothing wrong with that. If you think there's something's wrong with it, I'm sorry, there's not.
Hate the sin, not the sinner.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:34 PM

Ranger

Invisibility

Quote:
Hate the sin, not the sinner.
Exactly. Hate the game, not the playa.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:36 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Exactly. Hate the game, not the playa.
You need to embrace the Light my friend. It will fill you with such compassion that you will not hesitate to embrace others in your arms and aid those in need. The sick need a doctor. Are you ready for duty?
Old 01-28-2008, 05:38 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

All I meant was that you need to (or rather I feel you should) seperate the act and the person. We all have many qualities that make up our being. Don't define someone by their sexual orientation. And if you don't, then I have no issue with you.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:41 PM

Ranger

Invisibility

Quote:
You need to embrace the Light my friend. It will fill you with such compassion that you will not hesitate to embrace others in your arms and aid those in need. The sick need a doctor. Are you ready for duty?
lol wow..that's a pretty good ad you got there. Naw I'm pretty happy with my prejudices against certain beliefs, people, movies, foods, video games and trailer parks. What is the Light anyways? Like Warcraft religion Light or a fanclub you made up?
Old 01-28-2008, 05:42 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
lol wow..that's a pretty good ad you got there. Naw I'm pretty happy with my prejudices against certain beliefs, people, movies, foods, video games and trailer parks. What is the Light anyways? Like Warcraft religion Light or a fanclub you made up?
Tell me, would you vote for a black man for president?
Old 01-28-2008, 05:43 PM

Ranger

Invisibility

Quote:
All I meant was that you need to (or rather I feel you should) seperate the act and the person. We all have many qualities that make up our being. Don't define someone by their sexual orientation. And if you don't, then I have no issue with you.
Naw, I'll go by my beliefs, but thank you for your concern. Honestly, I respect your opinion but I must decline.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:46 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Tell me, would you vote for a black man for president?
yea, if I agree'd with him on the issues. If Alan Keyes ran for president I'd vote for him in a second. Same if a woman ran. If you're thinking I'm racist....Eddie Murphy is my favorite actor.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:48 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
yea, if I agree'd with him on the issues. If Alan Keyes ran for president I'd vote for him in a second. Same if a woman ran. If you're thinking I'm racist....Eddie Murphy is my favorite actor.
Alan Keyes IS or rather WAS running for President. The guy was a freaken loon....

By the way you said you were racist.

Quote:
Old 01-28-2008, 05:50 PM

Ranger

Invisibility

Quote:
Alan Keyes IS or rather WAS running for President. The guy was a freaken loon....

By the way you said you were racist.
yea...people. Not races.
Besides I agree with Alan Keyes' views on almost everything. So your definition of a loon varies heavily from my definition.

Last edited by Foeslayer; 01-28-2008 at 05:55 PM..
Old 01-28-2008, 06:43 PM

Eternal

Foeslayer, it's inappropriate enough for Kenzuki to call homosexuality a sin whenever the opportunity arises. For you to, at every conceivable convenience, call it disgusting, repulsive, disturbing to your core, to the point that you will not associate with gays (except your beloved lesbians, of course) unless it absolutely necessary is incredibly offensive to homosexuals, a demographic which is likely represented here - not to mention virtually anywhere.

I should inform you, for your own well being, that "homophobia" is not literal fear of gays. Homophobes don't wake up at night shivering, haunted by visions of gay men coming after them in the night and turning them gay with their rainbow powers (most homophobes, anyway). Homophobia is a general discomfort and unease - and pretty much all the other symptoms you listed - with homosexuality. Homophobes include people who consciously avoid gays - someone you just said you do, and people who take steps to assure everyone around them that they are not homosexuals - something you have done at least twice a day since you started posting here.

I should also add, ad addendum, that this very forum is a voluntary pasttime of yours, a venue in which you are not obliged to participate. Since, as indicated above, homosexuals are quite likely among its forumgoers, shouldn't you avoid it?
Old 01-28-2008, 06:53 PM

Ranger

Invisibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephalim View Post
Foeslayer, it's inappropriate enough for Kenzuki to call homosexuality a sin whenever the opportunity arises. For you to, at every conceivable convenience, call it disgusting, repulsive, disturbing to your core, to the point that you will not associate with gays (except your beloved lesbians, of course) unless it absolutely necessary is incredibly offensive to homosexuals, a demographic which is likely represented here - not to mention virtually anywhere.

I should inform you, for your own well being, that "homophobia" is not literal fear of gays. Homophobes don't wake up at night shivering, haunted by visions of gay men coming after them in the night and turning them gay with their rainbow powers (most homophobes, anyway). Homophobia is a general discomfort and unease - and pretty much all the other symptoms you listed - with homosexuality. Homophobes include people who consciously avoid gays - someone you just said you do, and people who take steps to assure everyone around them that they are not homosexuals - something you have done at least twice a day since you started posting here.

I should also add, ad addendum, that this very forum is a voluntary pasttime of yours, a venue in which you are not obliged to participate. Since, as indicated above, homosexuals are quite likely among its forumgoers, shouldn't you avoid it?
if homophobia is not being afraid of homosexuals then why call it homoPHOBIA? Any no..since no homosexual has hit on me, (Hopefully, unless I've misread someone's post) then I don't see why I shouldn't keep posting my responses to this forum.
And I agree with Kenzuki about homosexuality being a sin, at least it is in my opinion. Wow...agreeing with Kenzuki...that's a first.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:03 PM

Elune

MISTER CAPSLOCK DECIDED TO TAKE A VISIT AND ENSURE EVERYONE THAT LETS KEEP IT ON TOPIC LADIES AND GENTLEMENT, AND NOW ANSWER ME PLEASE HOW LONG DO HIGH ELVES LIFE? THE LOL-OFFICIAL-LOL LORE SECTION OF BLIZZARD STATES TO AROUND 2K YEARS BUT WOWWIKI STATES THAT WOWRPG STATES THAT THEY LIVE UP TO 350 YEARS SO WHICH ONE IS CORRECT, AND REMEMBER KIDS! Stay on topic!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:15 PM

Ranger

Invisibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
MISTER CAPSLOCK DECIDED TO TAKE A VISIT AND ENSURE EVERYONE THAT LETS KEEP IT ON TOPIC LADIES AND GENTLEMENT, AND NOW ANSWER ME PLEASE HOW LONG DO HIGH ELVES LIFE? THE LOL-OFFICIAL-LOL LORE SECTION OF BLIZZARD STATES TO AROUND 2K YEARS BUT WOWWIKI STATES THAT WOWRPG STATES THAT THEY LIVE UP TO 350 YEARS SO WHICH ONE IS CORRECT, AND REMEMBER KIDS! Stay on topic!
Well how long did Anasterian Sunstrider live? His reign went from the Troll Wars till just before the Third War began. So from the Troll Wars till the First War there's a gap of 2,800 years. Then from the First War to the Third War there's about 20 years. So he lived for about..lets say 2,820 years. Maybe a few years more, they never really specify. So that's almost 3k years right there.