Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > General WarCraft Discussion

Old 07-22-2011, 07:38 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I think it's the exact right step. They de-canonized the RPG so that people would buy a future book o' warcraft lore (Brann Bronzebeard's journal, maybe?) and not get confused. This way, the wikis are clear of RPG information at least.
There will always be remnants... we just started tackling the rpg info on the titans let's say that aggramar and golganeth really suffered from the rpg being non canon
Old 07-22-2011, 07:44 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
It will be a relationship or a baby. My guess.
That's what I'm afraid of happening. Their mutual smiles worry me. But if it comes to pass, then I hope that she develops a relationship with someone other than King Varian Wrynn. I doubt that would benefit the strength or independence for either of their characters.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:48 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
There will always be remnants... we just started tackling the rpg info on the titans let's say that aggramar and golganeth really suffered from the rpg being non canon
WoWWiki/Wowpedia has always been neutral regarding canonical status. To some, sometimes annoyingly so.

Part of the reasoning was because Blizzard was always beating around the bush about it.

Now, I suppose there is still benefit for keeping it. It is at least in part in Blizzard's head.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:07 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
That's what I'm afraid of happening. Their mutual smiles worry me. But if it comes to pass, then I hope that she develops a relationship with someone other than King Varian Wrynn. I doubt that would benefit the strength or independence for either of their characters.
Ugh i prefer her to be paired to Varian rather than a newly created trophy character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
WoWWiki/Wowpedia has always been neutral regarding canonical status. To some, sometimes annoyingly so.

Part of the reasoning was because Blizzard was always beating around the bush about it.

Now, I suppose there is still benefit for keeping it. It is at least in part in Blizzard's head.
We just need to complete separate it from the non rpg Stuff, which is a lot
Old 07-22-2011, 08:12 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Ugh i prefer her to be paired to Varian rather than a newly created trophy character.
A trophy character? Pairing Jaina Proudmoore with Varian Wrynn would turn Jaina into Varian's trophy character.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
A trophy character? Pairing Jaina Proudmoore with Varian Wrynn would turn Jaina into Varian's trophy character.
pairing him with her is nothig like pairing aggra with thrall
Old 07-22-2011, 08:24 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
pairing him with her is nothig like pairing aggra with thrall
How does that invalidate my point that Jaina becomes Varian Wrynn's trophy wife?
Old 07-22-2011, 08:24 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Per Icecrown, she already is. Just not his love interest. She is Anduin's sort-of foster mother already though.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:29 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
It'd also be somewhat creepy, considering his dead wife looked a lot like Jaina...
Neither character would benefit by their marriage. I sincerely hope that Blizz can see that.

A novel is a lot of space to write though, so even if it involves a romance it'll be a minor point. I fully expect to get her opinion on Garrosh's Horde and her way of dealing with it but if we're lucky this will explain Jaina's absence in Alliance politics adequately. Hell it might even explain where the hell Med'an and his ilk have been. (She was a member of that new awful council right?)
Old 07-22-2011, 09:00 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
I really like the explanation given for Decard Cain's Journal- it seems Blizz is pulling away from all the RPGs and wants to create a baseline "canon" for all their settings. Arguably, Diablo is the least developed and complex Blizz setting so it makes sense for them to start with it first, but part of me hopes they may publish something like that for Warcraft and Starcraft, to replace the lost lore from the RPGs.
In general they seem to be trying to organize their CDev teams.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:05 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
In general they seem to be trying to organize their CDev teams.
CDev was already organized- if anything this is the latest in a step to reign in their lore which STARTED with the foundation of CDev.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:20 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
CDev was already organized- if anything this is the latest in a step to reign in their lore which STARTED with the foundation of CDev.
Heh. I'd love to see that.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:23 PM

Eternal

I think it was interesting that Metzen said that Thrall would eventually come back to become Warchief again.

And I was incredibly disappointed about that Starcraft: Ghost seems to have been completly dropped. :/
Old 07-22-2011, 09:28 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

The story of Ghost has already been partially adapted into novels. The upcoming novel Spectres covers the last of it, I believe. The OGN would be more of a sequel than anything else, I'd think. There were plans for Nova to appear in the comic before they ditched it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-22-2011, 09:36 PM

Eternal

But Ghost looked like such an awesome game.

They even made a very lengthy CGI cinematic for it. :/
Old 07-22-2011, 09:38 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post

They even made a very lengthy CGI cinematic for it. :/
You mean the opening from years ago?

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
I'm not sure about that. Blizzard themselves admitted to not knowing how to make shooters, which is why they outsourced it to outside studios. At some point during development they switched to a different studio which they later bought and eventually absorbed.

I'm not a fan of shooters, FPS or TPS. I'm not very displeased with what happened to it.

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-22-2011, 11:29 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
The cast of Horde looks much more interesting than Alliance. Two humans and a worgen, how exciting.
Since Humans are not getting alot of showing it will be great and a Worgen working for the Alliance and not Gilneas will also be interesting . The Horde one is perfect honestly to lets hope we see these characters interact for the Horde more (Blood elf and Orc working together in Lore should be fun).

Cannot wait for either of them since they all seem to be newish character .

I LOVE the art style of the covers it reminds me of a classic board game which is Good Times !

Run
Old 07-22-2011, 11:39 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Falarson#1968

It's over now? What about the SoL questions, Med?

RIP Ronnie James Dio (1942 - 2010)

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kike-Scott View Post
It's over now? What about the SoL questions, Med?
Blizzard didn't give permission for a one-on-one interview, so I don't think they had a chance to be asked.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2011, 11:57 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Blizzard didn't give permission for a one-on-one interview, so I don't think they had a chance to be asked.
Fair enough, but what about the Lore questions to Golden and Neilson at the end of the panel that Metzen menctioned?

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Old 07-23-2011, 12:05 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kike-Scott View Post
Fair enough, but what about the Lore questions to Golden and Neilson at the end of the panel that Metzen menctioned?
Emily couldn't get on line fast enough to be able to ask any questions.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:12 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Emily couldn't get on line fast enough to be able to ask any questions.
FFFFUUUUU

Some neckbeard is going to get the answer about the Pandarens and he's not going to publish it anywhere in the web.

I haz a sad

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:38 AM

Elune

Quote:
The cast of Horde looks much more interesting than Alliance. Two humans and a worgen, how exciting.
Well the lack of whole cast shows the enemy which is quite exciting, considering you could argue Centaurs are bland villains because us players eat them for breakfest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post

The World of Warcraft: Bloodsworn is written by Doug Wagner and artwork by Samwise Didier, Jheremy Rapaak and Alex Horley Orlandelli. The Horde graphic novel some of the characters shown in the World of Warcraft Special # 1 (last page shown below) – Malgar (male orc hunter), Shagara (female orc shaman), Ironhoof (tauren warrior), Felgrim (undead warlock) and Ashra (blood elf paladin). I just read the comic, and the artwork fits their physical and class profile.

This Horde militia team is put together to address a new threat to the Horde from a new power behind the Centaur.

The World of Warcraft: Dark Riders Graphic Novel shows four characters on the front cover. Some of these fit the class and race profile shown in World of Warcraft Special # 1. Thus these might be: Brink (gnome rogue), Karlain (human mage), Mardigan (Worgen warrior), Loreli Fallglade (female night elf) and Revil (human priest).

World of Warcraft: Dark Riders is written by Mike Costa and artwork by Samwise Didier, Neil Googe, and Alex Horley Orlandelli. The Alliance story delves into the history of the Worgen, the Scythe of Elune, and the Dark Riders, where the Dark Riders came from.

Video

http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comm...panel-round-up
Interesting that Metzen uses the word "Possessed by the Wolf God" on Varian Wrynn. It's interesting to know that the Wolf god wouldn't choose a Gilnesian or an Elven person or Baine Bloodhoof in the Nightmare, btu he chose Varian Wrynn.

I like that they added a Worgen, with also the addition of a father-son dynamic as the father's a mage, does he want to cure the curse his son has? How does the son feel about it? Considering there are close to 0 downsides of the curse lol. I like that they're not using the main WoW characters so this way they can expand these story arcs and not have them dragged onto the MMO or so. Still now we know it's coming in November or so for the Christmas market, outrageous!

The interior art on Horde looks badass, we got Malgar, Ironhoof and Malgar's wolf Remnes going full out againts the Centaurs, heads will roll! I'm so happy to hear this is Garrosh's militia team, i've always wanted to see Garrosh having his personal super-assassins/A-team/Avengers. Cool to hear the artist wanted alot of good detail on the armours, and it's exciting to see what the Centaurs are planning.

Horde and Alliance are both planned on 4th quarter of the year, but is that wise? 2x20 bucks = 40 bucks isn't that much, but wouldn't it be better to not release them during the same time? Only time will tell obviously.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:09 AM

Indeed, the interiors on Bloodsworn look great. Though I liked Pop Mhan and was sad to see him go it looks like he has a worthy successor.

As for Dark Riders, I'm not impressed, but it certainly isn't worse than what we've had before in the Warcraft Comics.

Quote: