Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you like your Spam?
Spam and Cheese 3 18.75%
Purrito 1 6.25%
Spammetti Bolognese 2 12.50%
Spam Musubi 1 6.25%
Chicken Tikka Spamala 2 12.50%
Pizza Spammerita 3 18.75%
Chili con Spam 1 6.25%
Bloody Spammy 1 6.25%
Spalmond Milk 1 6.25%
Spammer Kebab 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16426  
Old 03-24-2018, 11:35 AM
Shekinah Shekinah is offline

Arch-Druid
Shekinah's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: On a pale horse
Posts: 2,422

Mana

Hai there.

As an aside, I just downloaded DDLC. I haven't played it yet, because I'm busy with other things at the moment. Probably will tonight, though.
__________________
I like to cook. Here's a thread on how it relates to Warcraft.
Reply With Quote
  #16427  
Old 03-24-2018, 04:40 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,654
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah View Post
Hai there.

As an aside, I just downloaded DDLC. I haven't played it yet, because I'm busy with other things at the moment. Probably will tonight, though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #16428  
Old 03-24-2018, 06:11 PM
Shekinah Shekinah is offline

Arch-Druid
Shekinah's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: On a pale horse
Posts: 2,422

Mana

Doki Doki Literature Club. It's been talked about for a whole now and I just downloaded it today.

This game is making me paranoid. Bleeding Jesus, this game.
__________________
I like to cook. Here's a thread on how it relates to Warcraft.
Reply With Quote
  #16429  
Old 03-25-2018, 04:50 PM
Nozdormu Nozdormu is offline

Lord of Time
Nozdormu's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,861

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
A wild Nozdormu appeared!

I guess you didn't come from a future timeline this time around, since then you'd know the SoL Discord is where it's at and what's up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Heeey, it's this guy! Also, what the Aneurysm said. Check out the Discord.

The forum is dying a slow death.
Can anyone give me a TLDR on why the site is so mind numbingly slow that we have to resort to an electron app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Hey man, long time no see

What've you been up to?
I gave life an attempt and kind of succeeded, I guess. Was telling my SO about my Warcraft background the other day and I remembered this place. Now I'm feeling nostalgic.
__________________
{ Bronze Dragons fly at 88 mph }
Reply With Quote
  #16430  
Old 03-25-2018, 07:03 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,136

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post
Can anyone give me a TLDR on why the site is so mind numbingly slow that we have to resort to an electron app?
Current theory is that it's hosted on the same server as a much busier website. Cheaper hosting has its downsides.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #16431  
Old 03-25-2018, 08:10 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,046

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post
I gave life an attempt and kind of succeeded, I guess. Was telling my SO about my Warcraft background the other day and I remembered this place. Now I'm feeling nostalgic.
That sounds good, glad to hear you're moving in the direction you want.

And speaking of nostalgia, maybe you'll be glad to hear that the playlists are still a thing, we are up to 17 now I think
Reply With Quote
  #16432  
Old 03-26-2018, 03:59 AM
Nozdormu Nozdormu is offline

Lord of Time
Nozdormu's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,861

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Current theory is that it's hosted on the same server as a much busier website. Cheaper hosting has its downsides.
I seem to remember we crowdfunded the vBulletin upgrade, would the same not be possible for server costs? It takes several minutes just to reply to someone now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
That sounds good, glad to hear you're moving in the direction you want.

And speaking of nostalgia, maybe you'll be glad to hear that the playlists are still a thing, we are up to 17 now I think
Huh, that's pretty neat. Where are they organized now? Still on the forums or through discord?
__________________
{ Bronze Dragons fly at 88 mph }
Reply With Quote
  #16433  
Old 03-26-2018, 09:13 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,727

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post
Huh, that's pretty neat. Where are they organized now? Still on the forums or through discord?
Still on the forums.

(Also, hi!)
Reply With Quote
  #16434  
Old 03-27-2018, 04:27 AM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,046

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post
Huh, that's pretty neat. Where are they organized now? Still on the forums or through discord?
Still on the forums, but with the forums being increasingly desolate who knows. The main issue is that discord is so vapid and qickfire and so can you organize anything on that platform? Maybe if we had a special channel for the playlist...
Still I for one am cool with making playlists for the few remaining diehards.

Anyway if you're curious you can find all of the playlists by doing a tag search for "playlist." Most of the songs should still be around, apart from those on grooveshark since that site imploded.
Reply With Quote
  #16435  
Old 04-16-2018, 11:07 AM
ijffdrie ijffdrie is offline

Elune
ijffdrie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A rock of certainty amid an ocean of possibility
Posts: 15,784

Default

Oh hey person I've only rarely seen on the forum and who was mostly from before my time!
How are you doing this fine day?
__________________
This is not a signature.
Reply With Quote
  #16436  
Old 05-16-2018, 07:11 PM
AndyJP AndyJP is offline

Eternal
AndyJP's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 2021
Posts: 4,506

Default

Anthony Scaramucci is following me on Twitter. I have 40 Twitter followers and one of them is former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci. I've never tweeted a political thing and I'm not even a hot single lady in his area. What's happening?
Reply With Quote
  #16437  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:32 AM
Royalpimp Royalpimp is offline

Eternal
Royalpimp's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,546

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
Anthony Scaramucci is following me on Twitter. I have 40 Twitter followers and one of them is former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci. I've never tweeted a political thing and I'm not even a hot single lady in his area. What's happening?
Well that's clearly a lie ain't it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Not to sound mysogonystic, but I'd smash Natalie Dormer like it was the last time my cock would ever work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
And Lordaeron

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Reply With Quote
  #16438  
Old 06-12-2018, 01:20 PM
ijffdrie ijffdrie is offline

Elune
ijffdrie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A rock of certainty amid an ocean of possibility
Posts: 15,784

Default

You know what this forum needs?

A new terrible poll.
__________________
This is not a signature.
Reply With Quote
  #16439  
Old 06-12-2018, 10:45 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,727

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
You know what this forum needs?

A new terrible poll.
When I clicked on this thread to see what you had written, I thought to myself "This thread sure needs a new title and poll to go with it!"


Suggestions?
Reply With Quote
  #16440  
Old 06-12-2018, 10:54 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,046

Default

Not sure if anyone here watches The Americans but some thoughts on the finale:

-The confrontation with Stan was every bit as juicy as I hoped it would be, and that is some high praise when it has been building up for 5 seasons and expectations are high. It was not too sappy nor too dry, very powerful, I watched it twice.
-It was a good episode but if I fault it one thing it is that I expected more in the way of epilogue. My guesses were that Paige would end up either as a spy of New Russia (like that redhead, what's her name) or that the last we see of her would be a shot of her standing behind a Putin-esque firgure, signaling how KGB is still a force in Russia, mostly that last thing. But they surprised me by having her stay, her brother I expected to stay either because he wants to or he runs back to America first chance he gets, didn't quite expect him to be abandoned. Maybe also a scene of mama and papa "Jennings" in the future, living in Russia and mussing about how much things have changed, or rather haven't. But still, it is an ending I can live with.
It was a great show, loved it.
Reply With Quote
  #16441  
Old 06-13-2018, 12:25 PM
ijffdrie ijffdrie is offline

Elune
ijffdrie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A rock of certainty amid an ocean of possibility
Posts: 15,784

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
When I clicked on this thread to see what you had written, I thought to myself "This thread sure needs a new title and poll to go with it!"


Suggestions?
Well, I was thinking more in terms of separate threads. You know, dances that transcend time/space/mind, starcraft power armours with increasingly bizarre properties and names, what god of minor and ridiculous thing should we give New York to, that sort of thing.
__________________
This is not a signature.
Reply With Quote
  #16442  
Old 09-05-2018, 08:53 AM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,654
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
a song of spam and spam, ankh, every spam is sacred, hi mom, sax on the beach, spam thread 3.0

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.