Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 12-14-2017, 03:02 PM

Arch-Druid

Panda

Dungeon Run was pretty fun. Lost to the mill final boss. Also found out I forgot to get the November card back, loloops.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:17 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

So, next set rings in a new year for Hearthstone. After the year of the Mammoth what comes next? Year of the turtle? Year of the kodo?
Old 01-21-2018, 10:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
So, next set rings in a new year for Hearthstone. After the year of the Mammoth what comes next? Year of the turtle? Year of the kodo?
Year of the Ooze.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:53 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Year of the Ooze.
Really? Odd choice.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-22-2018, 03:33 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Really? Odd choice.
It hasn't been announced yet.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 01-22-2018, 04:17 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Really?
No.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:00 PM

Chimaera

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in the choice of druid hero, since I was really hoping for Hamuul and I don't really consider dryads to be druids for the most part.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:45 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

I for one welcome our Raven Overlords.

As for the 3 sets:

1st one: obviously a forest. An “into the woods” theme? Terrokar? Ashenvale? Emerald Dream?

2nd one: purple crystal.... Dalaran? Tempest keep.

Last one obviously involves adventure on the high seas.

Year of the mammoth had a lot of class specific stuff. I wonder if the Taven will do the same.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:45 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Might start playing again and give druids a chance for that hero.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

No one cares about Hamuul and Lunara has hots fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:48 AM

Elune

It'd be nice if each faction had at least one hero of each class especially since Blizzard is again (retardedly) pushing faction bickering.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:16 AM

Arch-Druid

Old 03-12-2018, 10:36 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Considering that tortollans, various NPCs like Skycapp'n Kragg and Finley Mrrglton, have become canon, Gilneas is apparently under alliance control given the fact that the Arathi warfront is about the Horde trying to get a staging ground to launch an attack on Gilneas, and the second Traveler book implies that Gadgetzan post Cata is much more like it appears in Mean Streets than on live; I'm going to say The Witchwood lore (i.e. Gilneas is inhabited, a witch named Hagatha has corrupted the Blackwald causing it to expand to the gates of Gilneas City etc.) is close enough to canon.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:12 PM

Mountain Giant

When I saw the name, without watching any trailers, I thought it would be related to the Drust. Even now, I wonder if some tenuous connection won't be made between these witches and whatever it is that haunts Kul Tiras.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:17 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
My body is ready. Lich King's can be a cat for all I care, because I'm killing him 9 times.
Quote:
2 down, 7 to go.

On turn 1, Arthas will cast a spell designed to cripple your gameplay.

Priest: easiest, you may no longer emote. Needless to say this was my first victory.

Warlock: I forget what the actual effect is, but basically you should only have one copy of any particular card. Gadgetzan Kabal Demonology + Reno Jackson got me through after several tries.

Rogue: he will forcibly remove all the spells from your deck

Shaman: all minions in your deck/hand reduced to 1/1

Hunter: you take two damage for each minion in your deck

Mage: you are reduced to 1 health

Druid: remove all minions that cost 3 or less.

Paladin: any minions you lose become his.

Warrior: Arthas gains +100 armor

Beyond that, he has some fairly powerful cards. He likes to freeze you, cast anti magic shell when he has a good line up of minions, and has various ways of killing your units. About turn 6 or 7 he'll pull out Frostmourne, which in his case means all his minions disappear and 6x 2/6 trapped souls appear. Until you kill them, both he and frostmourne are immune and he will use it on you or your minions with impunity. He won't play any cards while that's going on. After the trapped souls are dead the previous units are returned and he automatically will do an increasing amount of damage to you every turn so kill him quickly.

Also serious trash talk.
I’m quoting my self because after over 6months of experiments, hitting restart, and too much trash talk, I have finally defeated the Lich King with all nine classes (we need not dwell on how many times he hit me).

I’ll give my strategies below:

Priest: he messed with my game the least on this one. I found Amara was effective at keeping me alive long enough. Stealing his cards was quite effective as well.

Warlock: Kabal Demonology + Reno Jackson did the trick.

Hunter: Used the premade “I Hunt Alone” Deck. ;p

Druid: C’thun Deck

Shaman: I barely remember, but evolution tactics were useful. Especially if I Devoution and then a little lightning to wipe out the Frosmourne souls.

Paladin: Silver Hand Recruits

Warrior: Minion abuse

Rogue: Minion Only Quest Rogue (you can get the quest spell off before he takes your spells), complete with Valeera the Hollow and the Shadowdancer Legendary from K&C.

Mage: took me longer than I’m proud of to think of leading off with Kabal Lackey and counterspell. After that it was Kazakus and Frost Lich Jaina, with a Doomsayer on turn 7 to quickly get rid of Frosmourne (come to think of it that’s a pretty solid method for any class). You can actually have doubles on the Kabal Lackey and Counterspell and still meet the “only one of any card” requirement on Kazakus.

None of these techniques were fool proof. It requires patience, hitting the restart button many times, and perfect luck. Took me 6 months, including a break for Kobolds and Catacombs dungeon runs.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 03-22-2018 at 01:25 PM..
Old 04-08-2018, 08:35 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

*sigh* Alright, I guess I'll fucking play Hearthstone.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:26 AM

Elune

Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:09 PM

Elune

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/21656013

Dossiers about the characters involved. Also more Gilneas lore.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:16 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/21656013

Dossiers about the characters involved. Also more Gilneas lore.
Hmm,

The Countess is an enigma. No one in Gilneas seems to have heard of her noble line prior to the Witchwood curse, but suddenly, the records show an Ashmore family tree stretching all the way back to pre-Alliance days, written in a hand none of the royal scribes recognize. She’s taken up residence in an old manor that’s been abandoned since before the first battle of Gilneas, but while some claim that many voices can be heard emerging from the old estate, she’s the only one who’s been seen entering or leaving. Rumor has it that she’s researching the curse, and she’s been seen asking questions of those who claim to have witnessed dragons in the wood.

Is she truly the scion of a forgotten noble family returned home in a time of great need? Or something much more dangerous?

Given that statement from the PAX interview about us discovering Wrathion was wrong about being one of the last black dragons in an island expedition, and this... I wonder if Countess Ashmore will be showing up in WoW?
Old 04-11-2018, 03:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Hmm,

The Countess is an enigma. No one in Gilneas seems to have heard of her noble line prior to the Witchwood curse, but suddenly, the records show an Ashmore family tree stretching all the way back to pre-Alliance days, written in a hand none of the royal scribes recognize. She’s taken up residence in an old manor that’s been abandoned since before the first battle of Gilneas, but while some claim that many voices can be heard emerging from the old estate, she’s the only one who’s been seen entering or leaving. Rumor has it that she’s researching the curse, and she’s been seen asking questions of those who claim to have witnessed dragons in the wood.

Is she truly the scion of a forgotten noble family returned home in a time of great need? Or something much more dangerous?

Given that statement from the PAX interview about us discovering Wrathion was wrong about being one of the last black dragons in an island expedition, and this... I wonder if Countess Ashmore will be showing up in WoW?
With the exception of 5man bosses and even then, I don't think most HS characters are anything more than easter eggs.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-11-2018, 06:08 PM

Elune

Anything's possible, for the most part though I just see her as a way of adding a vampire-looking character without using a San'layn because this is basically a Van Helsing gothic horror expansion.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:13 PM

Arch-Druid

I wonder if the Countess is the final boss for Tess.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:26 PM

Elune

Quote:
I wonder if the Countess is the final boss for Tess.
Final boss for everyone is Hagatha, but it certainly seems like Godfrey will be a foe that Crowley will face.

http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/darius-crowley-1

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 04-17-2018 at 02:32 PM..
Old 04-18-2018, 11:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Final boss for everyone is Hagatha, but it certainly seems like Godfrey will be a foe that Crowley will face.

http://www.hearthhead.com/cards/darius-crowley-1
You know what I meant. And I agree with you on Crowley vs. Godfrey.

In the mean time I’d say they’re setting up Houndmaster Shaw vs. Glinda Crowskin, possibly with Dollmaster Dorian (is he the Blood Elf from the new trailer with a song?) along the way. Really Tess is the only one I find ambiguous. I could see her Brother playing a role as well.

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/21694421

In the meantime, I wonder if this year’s theme is story. They’re putting in a lot of backstory for this expansion. More than any since Mean Streets of Gadgetzan. Last year it was all about class specific stuff: Class quests, Death Knight Class Cards and Class Artifact Weapons. While they aren’t quite leaving such things behind,, I wonder if this year they’ve decided to make Hearthstone story important.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:40 AM

Chimaera

Tags
black knight best knight, blizz plays pot of greed, brawl is best ever, children's card games, digimon, exodia, eye of kilrog, new magma rager, pokemon, tcg