Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > General WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-21-2010, 11:22 AM

Wisp

Default Warcraft Adventures Lord of The Clans video(NOT FAKE)

Hello everyone!

Just a few minutes ago I discovered something amazing on YouTube...that's right a Warcraft Adventures Lord of The Clans video.Damn it , I wish the guy who posted the video would share the game cause I would do anything to play it...anyway here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccqJ9...eature=related

Enjoy
Old 11-10-2010, 01:55 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Holy shit.

That is awesome O_O.

Edit: the same guy has another video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dAWpPvaoeE

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 11-10-2010 at 02:05 PM..
Old 11-10-2010, 03:31 PM

Hippogryph

Is there someone on this forum who knows russian? if so, maybe he would be able to find more walkthroughs on http://www.ag.ru/, and that would be very nice!

Edit:
I managed to find the Warcraft Adventures page on the russian site (http://www.ag.ru/games/warcraft_adve...d_of_the_clans), but on the site i can only see part 1 of the walkthrough. Maybe i'll search some more tomorrow but since i can't read russian, there might be some links that i havent seen, that shows some other episodes.

Last edited by Aedror; 11-11-2010 at 09:09 AM..
Old 11-11-2010, 04:20 AM

Elune

That guy must be related to the Russian team that made the game.

Hell, why the fuck doesn't he update a walkthrough of the entire game .

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-11-2010, 08:12 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Unfortunately there are no other video except those 19 minutes. Those Russian guy have alpha Warcraft Adventures from a hand (hand's hand) of game devs. He has posted video on the internet half a year only to prove that this game exists. The quest can be passed from beginning to end (without critical bugs) but it hasn't short cinematics (it were done by Chineses )
Maybe sometime he will release other part of video or game but right now I wouldn’t hope especially on this. You may read about video - http://translate.google.ru/translate...337910&act=url (name of that guy MAN-biker, old game’s collector)
Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 AM

The Knight-Lord

With the rise of the iPad and the iPhone meaning the rebirth of adventure games, I'm very surprised none of us has created a petition on one of the Blizzard forums for this game to get released on the App store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I hope you get raped harder than an African woman during ethnic cleansing
- Noitora, "A Couple of Illidan Spoilers" Thread (Pg. 17; Post #339)

Last edited by Darkphoenix; 11-11-2010 at 10:57 AM..
Old 11-18-2010, 03:27 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
With the rise of the iPad and the iPhone meaning the rebirth of adventure games, I'm very surprised none of us has created a petition on one of the Blizzard forums for this game to get released on the App store.
Take the initiative .

Old 11-18-2010, 03:55 AM

Arch-Druid

Won't happen, Blizzard never reacts on petions.

Besides, yes the videos look awesome, but Blizzard didn't scrap the project without a reason. (Yes, I know that the adventure market was dying during that time, but I think the game just wasn't good.)
Old 11-18-2010, 04:00 PM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
Won't happen, Blizzard never reacts on petions.

Besides, yes the videos look awesome, but Blizzard didn't scrap the project without a reason. (Yes, I know that the adventure market was dying during that time, but I think the game just wasn't good.)
It wasn't. Don't have the link on me, but there was a blog post by an ex-Blizzard employee that described what happened. Basically, Vivendi gave them a really shitty middleware engine to develop it in, the Russian studio doing the animation caused all kinds of problems due to time and language differences, and ultimately the game was like 15 minutes long if you took out all the cutscenes. I think the project was bleeding money for something that was initially supposed to be easy as hell since they "didn't need to develop the engine" (and keep in mind, this was also pre-StarCraft so Blizzard wasn't *quite* $texas rich yet) and would have required a tremendous amount of work to salvage. Ultimately they just decided to cancel it.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:32 PM

Arch-Druid

First: wasn't the animation done by the same studio that did the infamous Zelda CD-i animations?
Second: Hey, you never know if they wouldn't listen to THIS petition. After all, with telltale games around....
Old 11-19-2010, 10:00 AM

Elune

Holy shit bald tattood crazy-beard Turalyon is the best design ever! This is totally how Turalyon should appear reintroduced. Crazed hermit fanatic whos all about the holy light. OUTRAGEOUS!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:05 AM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Holy shit bald tattood crazy-beard Turalyon is the best design ever! This is totally how Turalyon should appear reintroduced. Crazed hermit fanatic whos all about the holy light. OUTRAGEOUS!
That Turalyon is a Kurdran!

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:13 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMaibe View Post
First: wasn't the animation done by the same studio that did the infamous Zelda CD-i animations?
U probably rite, MAH GIRL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMaibe View Post
Second: Hey, you never know if they wouldn't listen to THIS petition. After all, with telltale games around....
I think they don't lose anything, the work is there, unused, and there's no way they can recycle any of what's inside.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
That Turalyon is a Kurdran!
Shut up.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:28 PM

Arch-Druid

*Thrall catapults into wall*

LOL

I'd love to play that game.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:09 PM

Loremaster

Okay, maybe I am hearing things, but is that still Metzen voicing Thrall back then? If my ears are not playing tricks on me at time, I swear it's him, just without Thrall's trademark "gruff" voice he uses now.

Are my ears playing tricks on me?
Old 11-19-2010, 11:24 PM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRexx View Post
Okay, maybe I am hearing things, but is that still Metzen voicing Thrall back then? If my ears are not playing tricks on me at time, I swear it's him, just without Thrall's trademark "gruff" voice he uses now.

Are my ears playing tricks on me?
Thrall was voiced by Clancy Brown in WCA. Honestly I much prefer Metzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
It's Kurdran, not Turalyon. Someone fucked up. I imagine had the game been finished, they would have re-recorded that line or replaced the art.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:27 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
Thrall was voiced by Clancy Brown in WCA. Honestly I much prefer Metzen
Ah I can hear that now, there were some parts that just sounded Metzen to me, but others that sounded almost nothing like him, so I was very unsure of it. Thanks for pointing it out though, now I realize it definitely sounds like Clancy.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:29 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRexx View Post
Ah I can hear that now, there were some parts that just sounded Metzen to me, but others that sounded almost nothing like him, so I was very unsure of it. Thanks for pointing it out though, now I realize it definitely sounds like Clancy.
Yes, Thrall was Lex Luthor. Too bad we didn't see Optimus Prime Doomhammer.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:31 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
Yes, Thrall was Lex Luthor. Too bad we didn't see Optimus Prime Doomhammer.
Yes that guy ending where he did and never posting anymore really burns me up. I was having a lot of fun watching it.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:50 PM

Keeper of Lore

So I am trying to read through this forum topic on the russian site. Best I can make out, he is *promising* to continue the videos, but has been sidetracked playing Lineage II -_- All the assholes calling him an asshole on the thread probably aren't helping his motivation (he is kind of a jackass but you have to at least kiss up to him if you want him to post more )
Old 11-20-2010, 03:36 AM

Elune

I want to know what was the dialogue when you clicked over the pron poster inside old man's wardrobe .

Old 11-21-2010, 10:44 PM

Arch-Druid

LOL faceplant.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:17 AM

Wisp

Default More Videos!!!

Hello guys!

It's been a long time since I've posted here but the guy who posted the 2 videos decided to add more parts!Fortunately they are quite long(9 parts) and he said he is going to upload more...anyway here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ6tg...eature=related