Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: Pick 2 Chiefs or be discarded. Don't pick you nose.
Millenia 0 0%
Skytotem 4 11.43%
Pajamasalad 5 14.29%
Aneurysm el suave 3 8.57%
Master Apothecary Ekoms Redlab 1 2.86%
Volkrin McVolkrin, the Earthen 7 20.00%
Nonane the Nameless Heroe 1 2.86%
Fungalmancer Biebosh 1 2.86%
Stormcaller of the Earthen Ring 1 2.86%
High Thane Whiny'Ally 3 8.57%
Dark Pharaoh Ramses 1 2.86%
Anasterian II 3 8.57%
Magistrix Illusiel Verdande 4 11.43%
Kellick the Cannibal 8 22.86%
Zaelsino the Moderated Champion 3 8.57%
Fojar von Lordaeron, 12 34.29%
Xie von Alterak 2 5.71%
That Sunwalker 0 0%
Grim Campfire, heir of Abasik 3 8.57%
Cosmic Melon, the Orcfather 5 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2013, 10:03 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Default My Poll is Ready: SoL Warchief Elections, Who Payed You More?

Due to popular demand, behold the thread in which you can nominate one of us for the position of the Horde's Warchief and vote for one candidate, afterwards. Will it be Kir, the Sun King, or Kellick? Perhaps, Smoke even?

A poll shall be added once enough candidates have been nominated. You may also nominate Alliance fans and those who are neutral. Nominees/candidates, if willing, do tell us why we should vote for you.

(Basically, this is a thread were you can say how you would like the Horde to be run in the future, so people who have certain wishes can nominate themselves and their ideas shall be judged by the rest.)

Last edited by Nazja; 09-15-2013 at 06:26 PM..
Old 09-15-2013, 10:07 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

ME!

Or Skytotem.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:12 AM

Elune

Me!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Me!
Will the Horde join the Alliance under your rule?
Old 09-15-2013, 10:16 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Will the Horde join the Alliance under your rule?
Are you accusing me of being soft on foreign policy?
Old 09-15-2013, 10:18 AM

Problemsolver

Clearly I nominate myself.

Under my rule the title will be changed to High Warchief, the trolls and tauren will get more room to grow shrooms and herbs, the goblins will begin constructing awesomely deadly go-cart derby arenas (gnomes are welcome too), and things will overall be a lot more swell. The Horde will be about peace, taking it easy and dangerous arenas of death.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:18 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

I'd vote for Nazja.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:19 AM

Elune

Undead Icon (War3)

Vote for Smoke! For a better future. For a better Horde.

Undead reign supreme in Smoke's Horde. But don't worry. The living get the job of stealing bodies from graveyards and bring them to be resurrected as loyal Horde soldiers. The living races are allowed to kidnap Alliance villagers/soldiers and bring them to our spectacular Orgrimmar arena to fight to the death.
Weekends consist of burning ally villages and free exclusive tours to our Necropolis designed after Naxxramas.
Afraid of death? No problem. Once you die you get resurrected to fight for the Horde once more!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Are you accusing me of being soft on foreign policy?
Nah, but I'd vote for someone who promises to unite the factions.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:22 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Nah, but I'd vote for someone who promises to unite the factions.
I'd vote for anyone who would put down Smokebladder and his Forsaken.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:28 AM

The Digger

Disinclined as I am to self promotion - being a country diglett of humble origins and modest means - I cannot in good conscience abstain from running after seeing the roster of scoundrels, blackguards, and all-around reprobates trying to pull the wool over the good folks of Scrolls' eyes for the sake of securing power. So it is, with great humility and reticence, that I shall submit myself to the will of the voting public in the hopes that the the moral and intelligent people who populate this forum will show the good judgement of character that I know they are capable of by electing a candidate who is truly dedicated to their best interests.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:32 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Disinclined as I am to self promotion - being a country diglett of humble origins and modest means - I cannot in good conscience abstain from running after seeing the roster of scoundrels, blackguards, and all-around reprobates trying to pull the wool over the good folks of Scrolls' eyes for the sake of securing power. So it is, with great humility and reticence, that I shall submit myself to the will of the voting public in the hopes that the the moral and intelligent people who populate this forum will show the good judgement of character that I know they are capable of by electing a candidate who is truly dedicated to their best interests.
How often do you talk like this around real people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:34 AM

Elune

My resume:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
My first move would be to take off the kiddie gloves and order each and ever weapon the Horde has to be utilized to maximum effectiveness. Actually I would first consult with the Shattered Hand to find out if the Alliance is holding back any superweapons, and how major the damage could they cause with them, to make sure such a decision is wise. At the same time I would take a part of the Shattered Hand and organize a secret police called the Inquisition which would spy on my own people to make sure that those who engage in undue cruelty are punished, I don't want my "no holds bared" policy to create monsters, those are hard to control.

One of my strategies would be to send strong attack waves to temporarily strike into NE controlled parts of Ashenvale, as the NEs temporarily pull back to regroup against those overwhelming numbers I would have the goblins, who would be following in the background, to strip the land of its resources at warp speed. I don't want the land, I want the resources.
I would reach out to the NEs and propose a separatist peace, they get all of Ashenvale and half of Stonetalon along with keeping the land around all of their holdings in Southern Kalimdor in exchange for breaking ties with the Alliance and ordering them off of NE land.

I would send a committee of shamans to oversee the exploitation of Azshara i.e. to make sure the goblins honor at least a minimum of environmental awareness, as well as to pacify any elementals enraged by their resource gathering. They would also have the objective of neutralizing the taint in Southfury river ASAP. Similar if smaller groups would oversee all goblin efforts, though they would be more lenient in far away lands during this critical war time.

The tauren would be mobilized to the greatest extent possible, any personnel shortages in their economy as a result of this would be covered by peons and goblins. Their land would be terraformed into the ultimate farming haven, and would serve as the breadbasket of the western Horde.

I would decree that all Horde member races are equal, with all of the rights and obligations that brings. I would utilize extensive diplomacy to mend fences with other Horde races. A really important aim of Horde diplomacy would be to assist Vol'jin in defeating the Zandalari and take over all of trollkind from them, leading them into the Horde.

I would wipe out Theramore for its treachery, and even though I would make a decree that Theramore will never again be an independent nation I would advise the troops to avoid any undue bloodshed, an occupation is generally more pragmatic then razing a settlement, that would be a global policy as well.
The fighting would not stop until all Alliance presence has been chased off of Kalimdor, given that the NEs accept the separatist peace treaty, otherwise a more realistic solution will be sought out.

I would order the Forsaken to stop plaguing the land (perhaps allowing them to plague only the immediate surroudings of their major settlements if they protest too strongly), and I would order all tauren druids to cleanse the lands. On those lands I would settle living Horde members under the pretense of resource gathering/food growing (which would be true) but with the ulterior motive of subverting their power over time. I would bring my powers in a position of ending the Forsaken in one swift blow if they become too disagreeable. I would work on weakening Sylvanas' position so I can kill her at some point.
Basically I would do whatever it takes to finally and eternally end UD dissent and rein them in, while making damn well sure to not compromise control of Lordaeron in the process.

I would work on influencing the Argent Crusade to shift from a pro-Alliance to, at least, a neutral perspective. If they resist I would mark them for death at first possible occasion

The BEs would be ordered to raise an army and assist the new orc contingent I would send to the EK. They, along with the Forsaken would do whatever it takes to make sure that no Alliance flag is left standing north of Thandol Span. The BEs would also get tauren support in cleansing QT and the Forsaken guarding them would be replaced by orcs at the first convenient moment. All capable BE spellcasters would be drafted, any military shortages left by this will be handled by orcs.

I would probably try to ally with the Pandaren when I make contact with them, as well as with any faction willing to do so (without being overwhelmingly disagreeable).

After splintering the Alliance in accordance to my plan and then swiftly achieving dominance I would give terms of peace. Total retreat from Northrend which would be Horde land, as well as from certain areas in Outland (plus total control of the DPortal). All but core Alliance lands (remaining after the war) would be dubbed neutral and up for grabs of whomever settles them first. I would ask for no reparations or tribute, so the peace treaty happens as soon as possible.
Then I would work on modernizing the Horde and developing its economy and generally enjoying peace prosperity in the strongest country in the world. I would also enforce the rule that the Horde army must be capable of defeating second and third most powerful armies on the planet simultaneously.

Basically I would be the dishonorable warchief that this current world requires, and I would bear all of the sins of the Horde on my own, but I would win and secure the future, allowing those generations to live honorably and proudly. I would be hated and my memory spat upon in the future, but I would rest easy knowing I did what I had to.
And my interracial harem would help with that too.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:38 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
organize a secret police called the Inquisition
Sorry, that's an Alliance term. Choose something else, filthy Horde!

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:46 AM

Eternal

Vote for Shroombie! I'm a fun guy!

I'd create a state-sponsored blend of Loa-worship, Earthmother reverence, Shamanism, and the Light, then use it as a uniting force to band together our disparate people. Public education and training, so all our children can be free of ignorance and poverty. Cheap and affordable housing will be made available to everyone, and Healthcare will only be a matter of visiting your local certified priest/shaman/druid/monk.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:50 AM

The sneaky Mechanic

Horde Flag

Vote for me and I promise to make less then 0.12 decisions per day (Based on the posts per day stat)

You might think this is the policy of a coward but in these trying times we must look to when things were better and how that point may be reached again. We live in a world wrought with faction conflict, deadly politics and dangerous global terrors.

As far as I'm concerned the years Warchief Thrall spent staring intently into the doorway of the old Grommash hold were some of the best for the Horde, it had yet to overextend itself all over multiple continents and battle zones and thus required far less resources meaning the only major factional conflict were border skirmishes. Politics can not be deadly when one makes no enemies, by doing nothing, and again as we learned from the post-Orgrimmar era of Warchief Thrall's rule those major potentially world-ending threats will sort themselves out as long I take a stroll outside to yell something everytime someone brings me a head or other bodily part I didn't ask for.

More than anything I promise to not, ever, by any means whatsoever attempt to bolster someones self worth. It is a road we have walked down before that lead to far too much action.

Stormcaller 2013: Just do whatever, I don't really care.

(For those literally minded, I believe none of this. In fact I'm one of the few who has enjoyed the Faction war)
Old 09-15-2013, 10:51 AM

Elune

High Thane WhinyAlly for Warchief. I swear to always have the Horde's best interests in mind.
Oh yeah, for the Horde and fuck the Alliance!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:58 AM

Elune

The Horde needs a modern economy! All the orc, troll, and tauren children need to go to school. There they can learn a craft and specialize to become part of a free market economy. We need to grow trees back at home so we don't have to threaten or rely on a foreign power for lumber.

We need more over site on Sylvanas. No longer will they utilize chemical weapons or perform human experimentation.

We can reset relations with Varian Wrynn and show him that the Horde is made up of good people!
Old 09-15-2013, 11:06 AM

Eternal

Quote:
All the orc, troll, and tauren children need to go to school. There they can learn a craft and specialize to become part of a free market economy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroombie View Post
Public education and training, so all our children can be free of ignorance and poverty.
Ahem. I think it's clear here who is a political innovator and who is merely piggybacking off of the brilliance of others.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:11 AM

Elune

Of course, I nominate myself.

My policy points are:
-remembering past continuity to get to the obvious solution (e.g. eco-domes in durotar)
-not forgetting that planets are big
-actually consulting other people
-A scathing media campaign to make fun of stormwind and make the people of the alliance, possibly even the outlying provinces of Stormwind, question its dominance.

Last edited by ijffdrie; 09-15-2013 at 11:14 AM..
Old 09-15-2013, 11:11 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroombie View Post
Ahem. I think it's clear here who is a political innovator and who is merely piggybacking off of the brilliance of others.
Have you already started your smear campaign against me?
Old 09-15-2013, 11:15 AM

Elune

Volkrin 2013

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:18 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Volkrin 2013
No. Do you want the Horde to burn? Or, be submerged in dirt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:19 AM

Nazja seems to have been nominated.

Under Nazja's rule, the Horde will become the first multiracial goblin cartel. Do you have need for stong warriors? Fret not, we can send you the best orc, troll or tauren. Do you want to escape death? Have your body sent to us, and we'll send you back as good as new. You'll just have to do something bout the smell.

We've got what the Alliance needs. Vote for Trade Baroness Nazja, and we'll all be swimming in moolah soon enough.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:22 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
No. Do you want the Horde to burn? Or, be submerged in dirt?
You make a convincing argument. Rebuttal:

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.

Tags
horde bias, poll, wololo