Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-04-2017, 09:46 AM

Ashbringer
BattleTag: Montoya#1769

Default Subraces and you

What subraces are you interesting in leveling up? What class?
Old 11-04-2017, 09:58 AM

Eternal

Zandalari, no contest. Though I'm split between Shaman or Priest, not sure what encompasses the mystical/religious side of trolls better.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:02 AM

Dryad

Zandalari, Highmountain, and Dark Iron. Maybe a Lightforged if I feel like it. I don't really care about elves, so I won't dabble in nightborne or void elves.

I already have two trolls (death knight and druid, the former of which is my Horde main, and also my "main" main), two tauren (monk and hunter), and two dwarves (hunter and paladin, the former of which is my Alliance main). I think I want to keep my trolls, my tauren hunter, and my dwarf hunter as-is, so maybe I'll race change my tauren monk and my dwarf paladin and roll a Zandalari priest or something.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3

Last edited by Pepe Stormstout; 11-04-2017 at 10:04 AM..
Old 11-04-2017, 10:09 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Well, the LIghtforged and void elf sets don't really do it for me, so I'm not sure whether I'll just race change one of my existing toons.

The three Horde sets I definitely want, so I will level one character of each of the races. Maybe Dark Iron too. However, I might still race change one of my existing characters even if I level a duplicate. What reps won't make me do...

What I'll likely end up with (whether levelled or race changed):
Zandalari - Hunter or Shaman most likely. Maybe druid or paladin, if they have them.
Nightborne - Mage.
Void Elf - Hunter, Mage, Warlock or Priest.
Lightborne - Definitely a paladin.
Dark Iron - Paladin, warlock mage, hunter or warrior. Might race change my current dwarf warrior.
Highmountain - Shaman, hunter or warrior. There tauren don't have Sunwalkers, after all.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:09 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Assuming zandalari can be warlocks I'm definitely switching my regular troll warlock to him: I actually ambiguously RP him as a zandalari with bad posture or a darkspear who has studied in Zuldazar.

I also wanna make a void elf, either a spriest or sub rogue, but I may delete one of my current chars for that.

Definitely gonna make my draenei paladin into a lightforged.

Debating whether or not to take my dwarf mage and tauren shaman and make them dark iron and high mountain, but I can't come up with a good RP hook for them.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:16 AM

Arch-Druid

Void elf Priest, Lightforged Paladin and Dark iron Warrior (assuming that's one of their classes).
Old 11-04-2017, 11:47 AM

World Builder

Zandalari and Dark Iron, not sure on classes yet since I haven't played in so long.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-04-2017, 12:38 PM

Warden

Void elf, but they're actually a Wretched. In loving memory of Runas.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:01 PM

Arch-Druid

Got four dwarves I want to turn Dark Iron, mage, warlock, rogue and hunter.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:35 PM

Arch-Druid

Zandalari and especially Nightborne for now. Maybe void elves depending on their tentacle ratio.

I love dwarves but I love Bronzebeard dwarves not dark irons, I'll leave them to their fans.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:41 AM

Sentinel Queen

nightborne warrior.

void elf warlock
Old 11-07-2017, 08:27 AM

Druid of the Talon

Highmountain druid, Nightborne mage, Zandalari rogue, Lightforged paladin, Voidelf... uhm. don't know yet. Maybe a shadow priest or a warlock, Dark Iron shaman.
Probably. I might change my mind at some point
Old 11-07-2017, 09:22 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Crossed Swords (War2)

Zandalari - torn between warrior and shaman

Really wanna make a character looking similar to these two fellas and rocking a pair of spears

Void Elf/Nightborne - torn between warrior and rogue

I've been feeling like making a drow elf / dark elf dual wielder for quite some time. I just don't know which way to go to achieve that concept.

I just know that, if I end up making a Void Elf Warrior, a Nightborne Rogue it will be then, and vice-versa.

Highmountain Tauren - again torn between warrior and shaman.

Probably going warrior to honor my memories of Cairne and playing a feathered-crown Tauren dealing massive melee damage.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:31 AM

Arch-Druid

I'm hopeful the Zandalari and Darkspear will speak the "same" Zandali, and not actually be unable to communicate like how pandaren couldn't pre-Legion. This should finally give us a name for the Nightborne language too.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:43 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I'm hopeful the Zandalari and Darkspear will speak the "same" Zandali, and not actually be unable to communicate like how pandaren couldn't pre-Legion. This should finally give us a name for the Nightborne language too.
Pandaren were in two different factions. Why wouldn’t the trolls speak the same language? Having said that, maybe the Zandalari have certain dialect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:55 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Pandaren were in two different factions. Why wouldn’t the trolls speak the same language? Having said that, maybe the Zandalari have certain dialect.
I dunno I'm just kind of expecting the to not be able to actually communicate in Zandali together because Blizzard.

Also: If the playable Lightforged are newly forged ones, how do they do that without Xe'ra?
Old 11-07-2017, 10:07 AM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
I dunno I'm just kind of expecting the to not be able to actually communicate in Zandali together because Blizzard.

Also: If the playable Lightforged are newly forged ones, how do they do that without Xe'ra?
Maybe with the Xe'ra dust we collected for the crucible? Or it's a ritual that a priest of theirs can do too, because it only needs the channeling of light, not really a Naaru itself.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:08 AM

Elune

Quote:

That is a good question but I’m guessing either shards of her, or another naaru.
Quote:
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:43 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I also wanna make a void elf, either a spriest or sub rogue, but I may delete one of my current chars for that.
I don't remember where, but I watched BlizzCon interview where a developer had a slip of tongue and said 6 new slots so that people don't have to delete a pre-existing character in order to play any of the six new allied races.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:01 AM

Arch-Druid

Mana

Void elf, Nightborne, Zandalari, and Lightforged. Hunter, rogue, mage, possible priest.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:37 AM

Problemsolver

I'll probably level a Zandalari troll, just because they look super dope. And I'll probably roll shaman, since I've never managed to get one anywhere near max level.

And then I'm struggling with the decision whether or not to race change my longtime main, the tauren druid I've sunk 99% of my played time into, into a moose-horned tauren. Despite this allied "race" being nothing more than a few new hairstyles and the addition of tattoos, they do look damn awesome.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:08 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah View Post
Void elf, Nightborne, Zandalari, and Lightforged. Hunter, rogue, mage, possible priest.
Same here, except for the Nightborne. Not sure about the classes, though. I was formerly thinking about a caster class for my Void Elf, but seeing them, even a melee class would work.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:18 AM

Eternal

Oh yeah, in addition to the Zandalari Shaman/Priest (still undecided), I'm also definitely going to make a Highmountain Hunter.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:49 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
I'll probably level a Zandalari troll, just because they look super dope. And I'll probably roll shaman, since I've never managed to get one anywhere near max level.

And then I'm struggling with the decision whether or not to race change my longtime main, the tauren druid I've sunk 99% of my played time into, into a moose-horned tauren. Despite this allied "race" being nothing more than a few new hairstyles and the addition of tattoos, they do look damn awesome.
You could role play your Tauren as always being a moose, who ventured out into the world. Idk your story.

No idea what I want my troll to be. I want mine to worship Jaguar Loa, so it’s either Druid, hunter, or warrior.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-05-2017, 12:25 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Do it. Their travel forms are far superior to the other travel forms we've seen.

Tags
subraces, world of warcraft