Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 08-18-2013, 08:44 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaile View Post
I may not contribute a whole lot to any particular thread's discussion, but am able and willing to share with all of you some of my artwork. While I was hoping to have the thumbnail image visible of each of my uploaded images, in addition to being a link to the full-size image, I guess I'm not all that web tech savvy at the moment and may require a bit of a walkthrough if it's at all possible. That being said, here's a picture I just finished earlier this morning of an angel. Again, like the Succubus I shared a few months ago, it's semi-NSFW, but nothing explicit, let alone softcore or anything of the like. For some reason, I just seem to be on a four for four illustrating streak of not applying clothing to my illustrations once I get to the nitty-gritty details, but I also refuse to draw any actual nudity, so here we are. Enjoy!

Angel

You can also view some of my other works through this link, from earlier this year, although they aren't nearly as good of quality as the aforementioned Succubus and this Angel. If you guys like what I have so far, I will go ahead and upload some of my earlier pieces from previous years and continue to share with you more of my illustrations as I finish them. Otherwise, feel free to do what you SoL'ers do best (Well, that might not be that great of an idea, either...)
Go for it.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:42 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Does anyone have any tips/instruction for the affectation of topography in a birds-eye map sort of thing? How do I articulate mountains, hills and valleys without the defined, unrealistic metrical rings used in flat topographical displays? I'm using Paint.Net if that means anything.

Also, is there any easy (read: fast) way I can cover an area, again in terms of a birds-eye map, with forests/tree cover? There are 'patterned' brushes I can use, but they all are too... orderly? I'm looking for a random, densely wooded wilderness sort of thing, which I can get by drawing a lot of tiny little green circles right next to each other with a fine brush, but which takes fucking ages by that method.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:12 AM

Problemsolver

Sooo... Been working on a new map for my fictional world... again. Been trying to capture a more realistic feel this time, with terrain texture and stuff. The only problem I find myself facing is that of scaling things properly, the lakes and mountains and what have you, and making it look like nature shifts naturally between the different landscapes. There's still some stuff to add, like darker foresty areas, mountain texturing and glaciers, water in the oceans and lakes, as well as drawing the borders of the world powers and pinning down and naming important and significant cities and locations.

So this would be the new map I'm working on. Or rather a preview, as it's still in progress.

And the old one, for comparison (Warning; it's huge).

The number and names of kingdoms, states, and empires, and their cities and towns, will probably go through a bit of change as well before I'm done remaking my world map.

EDIT!

Did me some more cartographing, worked on some mountains and forests and what have you, and designed some banners for the different states.