Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 09-05-2016, 11:09 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post

However, i realized the problem with xmen characters is that they tend to have massive chips on their shoulders that always persist and nothing really seems to change enough to notice something.
I remember that tendency in the old '90s X-Men cartoon. Even as a kid, I found it annoying.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 09-05-2016, 11:12 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
Yeah i thought the same thing.

However, i realized the problem with xmen characters is that they tend to have massive chips on their shoulders that always persist and nothing really seems to change enough to notice something. Probably why people dig wolverine and deadpool.

But its a great reference.
What I mean specifically is the variety, the uniqueness of each character. If we watch X-Men Evolution, we're not going to have trouble telling the difference between the personalities/motivations/hopes/roles of Jean, Kitty, Storm, Rogue, or even the lesser-tier students who joined later.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:24 PM

Eternal

Yeah x men evolution was the shit. I'm feeling that nostalgia pretty hard now.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

To this day, I maintain that X-Men: Evolution was the best iteration of the franchise.

Granted, I've never actually read an X-Men comic, but I stand by what I said.

Plus, high school me had a thing for Evo Rogue

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"

Last edited by HlaaluStyle; 09-05-2016 at 11:47 PM..
Old 09-06-2016, 12:56 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
To this day, I maintain that X-Men: Evolution was the best iteration of the franchise.

Granted, I've never actually read an X-Men comic, but I stand by what I said.

Plus, high school me had a thing for Evo Rogue
Rogue is my 5-year-old daughter's favorite. We already finished Evolution and are making our way through the '90s series. We had a talk about how Rogue can fly and is superstrong and an adult in the '90s version but not Evolution. She knows different versions of characters can be different.

I can't WAIT until we get to the '90s episode where Rogue meets Ms. Marvel and learns she stole her powers. Because when I was a kid in the 1990s, casual TV X-Men fans had no idea who Ms. Marvel was. But my girl's already seen all of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and you can bet Ms. Marvel was her favorite.

She has no clue it's coming - X-Men and Avengers barely share universes in her mind. Her jaw's gonna drop harder than a '70s kid learning Vader was Luke's father. And I get to watch it unfold. Thank you, three decades of Marvel cartoons!

. . .

I got off track there. :p

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 09-06-2016 at 01:01 AM..
Old 09-06-2016, 10:16 AM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
Don't force a character to act a certain way. The way they act has to be consistent with who they are. Otherwise it won't be believable. Don't let the plot override the behavior of the character. If the plot has to change to let the character act realistically, so be it.
By force it doesn't mean you have to change their characterization, but create a struggle that would force their character to go that way naturally.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:28 AM

Not Sure If Trolling...

So let me ask a few question of the current plot of my fanfic. I wrote like 10 chapters in 2013 and was thinking about continue the idea since I've got a complete setting of the new faction/gods.

Jaina and Tyrande were tricked by the unknown evil force-Dark Elves and fought each other. One of the most powerful ancients-the Hydra goddess showed up and wounded them badly.

Jaina got away and teleported Tyrande to Blood elf territory. She was helped by some followers of Kael. At the same time what would the blood elf government do against her and the followers?

The two continents' traffic was cut off by the Hydra goddess, she was the ally of the dark elves. The dark elves were asking others not to interfere with their war against the night elves, and later the blood elves. How would the leaders act?

Any advice on the plot? I want to let all the factions to react against what was happening, not just focus on a few ones.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:33 PM

Echo of the Past

So hey. Would anyone be interested in making a Diplomacy map for Draenor? Not with all the clans, but maybe 5 or 7?

Old 06-26-2017, 10:41 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

The answer is "yes."

Ask me if I will make such a Diplomacy map, and the answer magically turns into "Eeh."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:29 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
So hey. Would anyone be interested in making a Diplomacy map for Draenor? Not with all the clans, but maybe 5 or 7?

Do I have to use Chronicle's Draenor, or can I use my own?

Last edited by Marthen; 06-26-2017 at 11:32 PM..
Old 10-04-2017, 03:03 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Orb of Lightning

Pitching this: a Northrend epilogue short-story that shows how Wrath of the Lich King canonically had a 100% happy ending? Nothing but wholesome content: Ulduar's keepers walk the earth as iron dwarves help the mortals rebuild; Bolvar is discreetly commanding the undead to destroy each other; the Argent Crusade and Cenarion Circle protect communities and regrow the wasteland; the Knights of the Ebon Blade hunt down any remaining rogue Scourge; baby wolvar and gorlocs play with each other safely in Sholazar Basin; Yogg-Saron can no longer sabotage Northrend and even some nerubians are beginning to open communications and trade with the surface-dwellers.

The only sad place would be the Nexus as the blue dragons are few in number and still in mourning for their dead.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:26 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Pitching this: a Northrend epilogue short-story that shows how Wrath of the Lich King canonically had a 100% happy ending? Nothing but wholesome content: Ulduar's keepers walk the earth as iron dwarves help the mortals rebuild; Bolvar is discreetly commanding the undead to destroy each other; the Argent Crusade and Cenarion Circle protect communities and regrow the wasteland; the Knights of the Ebon Blade hunt down any remaining rogue Scourge; baby wolvar and gorlocs play with each other safely in Sholazar Basin; Yogg-Saron can no longer sabotage Northrend and even some nerubians are beginning to open communications and trade with the surface-dwellers.

The only sad place would be the Nexus as the blue dragons are few in number and still in mourning for their dead.
I recommend several short sections, switching to a new character and section each time. One with an Ulduar's keepers/iron dwarf section, one with a Bolvar section, etc. If you save the blue dragons for last, even their sad situation can have a note of optimism for the state of the general world.

A lot of shows that focus on multiple characters end this way in their finale, tying every plotline up neatly as they cycle through each character quickly to show their epilogue.

Tags
creative, generalization