Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,015

Orb of Lightning

Such is the life of a true hero.

Into the forest, then!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-03-2017, 08:36 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

Red face FftD: 320

As you race across the open field towards the wood, a Kraan dives at you and claws your arm. Before you can fight back, it has flown off again, shrieking with cold malice.

You enter the wood, but you have lost 2 ENDURANCE points.

Turn to 264.

Heal +1
Endurance: 24/29
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-03-2017, 08:37 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

Crossed Swords FftD: 264

You have not gone far when you hear the sound of battle to the west.


If you wish to follow the sound, turn to 97.

If you would rather continue south, turn to 6.


Heal: +1
Endurance: 25/29
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-03-2017, 09:47 PM
Arbourean Arbourean is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Arbourean's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 552

Default

Potential recruits? Allies in the fight against evil? Garth knows he is destined for greatness, yet such has not been revealed unto others.

To the fray!
__________________
"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."
Charles James Napier
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,015

Orb of Lightning

To the fray!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-04-2017, 12:06 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

Alliance Flag FftD: 6

(Wow, you guys really want to go to the Battle of Page 97? We're going to use Thornby Sense to cheat a little... for some extra healing time.

We're going to continue south for now, to p. 6. Activate autopilot.)



In the distance you can hear the sound of horses galloping nearer. You crouch behind a tree and wait as the riders come closer. They are the cavalry of the King’s Guard wearing the white uniforms of His Majesty’s army.



If you wish to call them, turn to 183.

If you wish to let them pass and then continue on your way through the forest, turn to 200.


Heal +1
Endurance: 26/29
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-04-2017, 12:07 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

Human Icon (War3) FftD: 183

The officer orders his men to halt and asks you your business. You tell him who you are, and how the monastery has been destroyed. He is deeply saddened to hear your news. He offers you a horse and asks you to accompany him to Prince Pelathar, the King’s son.

If you accept, turn to 97.

If you decide to decline his offer, turn to 200.


Heal +1
Endurance: 27/29
Now, we will go to p. 97
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-04-2017, 12:07 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

PvP Symbol - Horde FftD: 97

Ahead of you, you can see a fierce battle raging across a stone bridge. The clash of steel and the cries of men and beasts echo through the forest. In the midst of the fighting, you see Prince Pelathar, the King’s son. He is in combat with a large grey Gourgaz who is wielding a black axe above his scaly head. Suddenly, the Prince falls wounded—a black arrow in his side.



If you wish to defend the fallen Prince, turn to 255.

If you wish to run into the forest, turn to 306.


Heal +1
Endurance: 28/29
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Arbourean Arbourean is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Arbourean's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 552

Default

Where Garth goes, evil stands aside.

And hark! The first that will witness Garth's greatness. Save the prince!
__________________
"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."
Charles James Napier
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-05-2017, 10:09 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

Crossed Swords (War2) FftD: 255

The creature that you now face is a Gourgaz, one of a race of cold-blooded reptilian creatures that dwell deep in the treacherous Maakenmire swamps. Their favourite food is human flesh!

The Prince’s Sword lies at your feet. You may pick up and use this weapon if you wish. ((And Garth totally does that, probably with a flourish.)) The Gourgaz is about to strike at you—you must fight him to the death.

Gourgaz: COMBAT SKILL 20 ENDURANCE 30

This creature is immune to Mindblast.

If you win, turn to 82.

COMBAT RATIO
15 (13+2)
20
Combat Ratio: -5

BATTLE
28/29
30/30

::rolling:: 3
2 damage to Gourgaz (28/30)
5 damage to Garth (23/29)

::rolling:: 0
9 damage to Gourgaz (19/30)
0 damage to Garth (23/29)

::rolling:: 1
0 damage to Gourgaz (19/30)
6 damage to Garth (17/29)

::rolling:: 7
7 damage to Gourgaz (12/30)
2 damage to Garth (15/29)

::rolling:: 6
5 damage to Gourgaz (7/30)
4 damage to Garth (11/29)

::rolling:: 1
0 damage to Gourgaz (7/30)
6 damage to Garth (5/29)

::rolling:: 9
8 damage to Gourgaz (-1/30)
0 damage to Garth (5/29)
Gourgaz has been defeated

I did not fudge the rolls. Garth barely made it!
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 09-05-2017, 10:09 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

Lothar FftD: 82

The giant Gourgaz lies dead at your feet. His evil followers hiss at you and then fall back from the bridge. The Prince’s soldiers form a protective wall around you and their dying leader with their shields. Black arrows whistle past your head.

The dying Prince looks up into your eyes and says, ‘Kai Lord, you must take a message to my father. The enemy is too strong, we cannot hold him. The King must seek that which is in Durenor or all is lost. Take my horse and ride for the capital. May the luck of the gods ride with you.’

You bid a sad farewell to the Prince, mount his white steed, and head south along the forest path. The battle still rages behind you as the Prince’s men fight off another assault on the bridge.

Turn to 235.

Heal +1
Endurance: 6/29
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-05-2017, 10:10 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

Cool FftD: 235

The Prince’s horse is indeed a magnificent animal, fast and sure of foot. You gallop along the twisting track as if it were a straight highway, until the noise of battle has disappeared far behind you.

You are hungry and must eat a Meal during your ride. ((Except Garth has Hunting so he takes down a bear and cooks it into charred kabobs or something.))

After several miles, the path stops abruptly at a junction. There is a signpost, but it has been hacked down.

If you wish to use your Kai Discipline of Tracking, turn to 254.

If you wish to turn left, go to 32.

If you wish to turn right, go to 146.



Heal +1
Endurance: 7/29

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 09-05-2017 at 10:22 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-05-2017, 10:10 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

Map FftD: 254

Your Tracking ability tells you that several trails from the right path lead off in the direction of the left path. They have been made by large wolves. The Darklords use such beasts to scout for their armies. They are vicious creatures and are often ridden by Giaks. The left path leads towards Holmgard, and the right path leads off towards the Durncrag Mountains. The choice of route is yours.

If you wish to turn left, go to 32.

If you wish to turn right, go to 146.


Heal +1
Endurance: 8/29



Garth, the Lone Wolf
Rank: Initiate
Combat Skill: 13
Endurance: 8/29

Kai Disciplines:
1. Hunting
2. Garth Sense
3. Tracking
4. Healing
5. Weaponskill (Sword)

Weapons:
1. Sword of Prince Pelathar
2. Axe or Dagger???

Belt Pouch: 29 Gold Crowns

Backpack Items:
1. Meal
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

Special Items:
1. Map of Sommerlund
2. Crystal Star Pendant


Which direction?
And presuming we keep the sword (which is an ordinary sword; I added the flavor title), do we also hold on to the Axe or the Dagger?

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 09-05-2017 at 10:21 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,015

Orb of Lightning

These names don't mean much to me...

I say we keep the axe, but I'm ambivalent on the matter.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-05-2017, 03:12 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
These names don't mean much to me...
The left: Holmgard is the capital and your destination for meeting the king.

The right: Durncrag Mountains are where the bad guys are coming from. However, there are "several trails" leading from there to Holmgard since the bad guys are invading; your destination is ultimately the same.

EDIT: The left is straight to Stormwind Keep. The right is toward Blackrock Spire then cut to Stormwind Keep.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 09-05-2017 at 03:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Arbourean Arbourean is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Arbourean's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 552

Default

The sooner we reach the capital the sooner they can make preparations for the invasion. Warn the King first.
__________________
"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."
Charles James Napier
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-05-2017, 07:17 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,015

Orb of Lightning

Agreed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-05-2017, 08:58 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

Grunt FftD: 32

You have ridden about three miles when, in the distance, you spot the unmistakable silhouette of five large Doomwolves. Riding on their backs are Giaks. They seem to be going on ahead to where the path leads down into an open meadow. Suddenly, one of the Giaks leaves the others and begins to ride back along the path towards you.

If you wish to hide in the undergrowth and let him pass, turn to 176.

If you wish to fight him, turn to 340.



Heal +1
Endurance: 9/29
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-07-2017, 08:38 AM
Arbourean Arbourean is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Arbourean's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 552

Default

The foul gods the Giak worships obviously hear its prayers, for Garth will be merciful and take a detour into the underbrush.
__________________
"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."
Charles James Napier
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-07-2017, 12:44 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

Lumber FftD: 176

You hide behind some thick bushes so that the Doomwolf and its rider will not see your white horse. Luckily it works—the beast lopes past and vanishes down the track that you have just come along.



If you wish to attack the remaining Doomwolves and their riders, turn to 253.

If you wish to press on deeper into the forest, turn to 126.
(autopiloting to move this along)

Heal +1
Endurance: 10/29

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 09-07-2017 at 12:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 09-07-2017, 12:44 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

Map FftD: 126

You ride deeper and deeper into the forest. Silently you thank the Prince for such a fine horse, for although the ground is a tangle of briars and roots, he never once falters. The Doomwolves are soon left far behind and you bring your horse to a halt. The light has faded fast and it is almost night.

If you wish to press on ahead, turn to 46.

If you wish to bear left (the same direction as the path you left far behind) then turn to 143.


Heal +1
Endurance: 11/29


((This is more awkward wording. I think the first choice is to "press on" through the forest, while the second is to veer toward that road to the capital and possibly avoid patrols this time.))

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 09-07-2017 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 09-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,015

Orb of Lightning

To the road, says I.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:15 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

Cool FftD: 143

You soon emerge from the woods onto a main highway. You recognize it as being the main road between the port of Toran in the north and the capital in the south. Spurring your horse on, you estimate you will reach the capital by morning.

Turn to 149.

Heal +1
Endurance: 12/29
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:15 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

Cool FftD: 149

As you ride along the highway, you notice that light is getting worse. It will soon be completely dark—and impossible to see any dangers that may lurk ahead. You decide to hide and rest at the wood’s edge until morning.

When you are satisfied that no one can see you, you pull your warm green cloak about you and drift off into an uneasy sleep.

Turn to 256.

Heal +1
Endurance: 13/29
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:15 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,015

Cool FftD: 256

You are awoken by the cries of Kraan high above you in the clear morning sky. Rubbing your eyes, you peer upwards through the canopy of branches to see three of the loathsome creatures fly off towards the north.

You are sure you have not been spotted, but perhaps it would be best to leave now—just in case. You mount your horse and ride south along the highway.

Turn to 224.

Heal +1
Endurance: 14/29
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
choose your own adventure, storytelling

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.