Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 03-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
Damn it, they’re too clever for me.

But should anyone ever want to talk to me about things, I exist on other planes as well.

[And everyone else can kindly ignore my attempts to communicate with invisible people.]

what kind of a name is Lor’duran, anyway. are they trying to tempt fate.
What do you want to talk about?

Rommath?
Old 03-11-2013, 05:29 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
It's a Chinese community.
No wonder.

Try posting your fanfic on a British or American LoTR fansite. Those are the true fans.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Slowpokeking

Nah language does not affect understanding, they also read the English version.

So I plan to let Durge replace the Witch King's place after the Witch King was killed by Eowyn, let Obi Wan, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli fight him in the battle of the black gate.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:28 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Nah language does not affect understanding, they also read the English version.

So I plan to let Durge replace the Witch King's place after the Witch King was killed by Eowyn, let Obi Wan, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli fight him in the battle of the black gate.
It's not about language, it's about nationality. You yourself are Chinese, right? I expect them to think in a manner similar to you. I am willing to bet that most of them only care about the looks of an actress and not the acting, like you.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:20 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Default one true scot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call of duty 1 View Post
No wonder.

Try posting your fanfic on a British or American LoTR fansite. Those are the true fans.
I don't like this sentiment at all. Who are you to say who is a true fan and who is not?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:33 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Neutral Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
I don't like this sentiment at all. Who are you to say who is a true fan and who is not?
The truth of one's appreciation for a story is commensurate with the ferocity with which one assaults those who disagree with one's perspective.

In case it's not clear, when I say things like this I'm not actually being serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:36 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Quote:
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
It's not about language, it's about nationality. You yourself are Chinese, right? I expect them to think in a manner similar to you. I am willing to bet that most of them only care about the looks of an actress and not the acting, like you.
Not at all, they like the movies but also read UT and The Silmarillion well. I don't like The Silmarillion for the reason I said before, but I do like the trilogy a lot.

I really think it's hard to give so many characters things to do since I don't want to let SW characters take away LotR characters' achievement. So Obi Wan did little other than use Battle Meditation to enhance the morale. I compared the book and the movies a lot these days, in the book Legolas really got little achievement and characterization, he's just Aragorn's elf sidekick that's all, even Gimli has more presence since his dialogue is funny.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:46 AM

Elune

What is a true fan?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:08 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
What is a true fan?
One who likes it very much.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:24 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
One who likes it very much.
Well the full version of the word fan is fanatic, so liking it very much goes without saying.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Slowpokeking

Also about love story, I think the trilogy's love story is a bit vague, so Tolkien have to explain Aragorn and :raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor:'s love story in the Appendix. Eowyn and Faramir is also a bit rushed. Not sure how to expand it.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:41 AM

Elune

Quote:
Also about love story, I think the trilogy's love story is a bit vague, so Tolkien have to explain Aragorn and :raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor:'s love story in the Appendix. Eowyn and Faramir is also a bit rushed. Not sure how to expand it.
LotR isn't a lovestory, it doesn't have to be expanded upon because it isn't that major.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
LotR isn't a lovestory, it doesn't have to be expanded upon because it isn't that major.
The Silmarillion did a better job on romance and overall characterization, but I don't like the value of almost all characters are decided by bloodline and ancestry, no more underdog save the world.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:00 AM

Eternal

Quote:
People like Slowpoke give me the impression that Chinese LotR fans are all like him, considering that they liked his disgusting SW-LoTR fanfic.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
People like Slowpoke give me the impression that Chinese LotR fans are all like him, considering that they liked his disgusting SW-LoTR fanfic.
You haven't even read it yet and you call it disgusting?
Old 03-15-2013, 05:26 AM

Eternal

Quote:
You haven't even read it yet and you call it disgusting?
Ahem, I have read it.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Ahem, I have read it.
No.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:24 AM

Eternal

Quote:
No.
Yes. What makes you believe that I haven't? It's this one, right?
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...ad.php?t=30805
Old 03-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Yes. What makes you believe that I haven't? It's this one, right?
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...ad.php?t=30805
No, a new one.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:05 PM

Eternal

Quote:
No, a new one.
Judging by the quality of the previous one, I don't look forward to your new one.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:47 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Medivh

Okay I figured I should let you guys know what's going down. Cantus asked me a while ago to think on some stuff to keep the fan-fiction portion of this community active and busy. I've managed to get two main ideas and I would like people to say which they would prefer and how interested they are in the idea.

The first idea is to have our own Scrolls of Lore short-story contest, in the same theme as Blizzard's ten leader stories. It would be the same format only with a different theme, perhaps ten famous Warcraft villains or notable heroes. Something along those lines. Then there would be some prize at the end of it and we would all judge which story we thought was the best. But we would need about ten people who would be interested in participating first.

The second idea is to brainstorm our own original fantasy universe. Take ideas from everyone and see if we can craft our story that is interesting with compelling characters and situations. This idea would be a lot more casual than the first with a heavy group-focus, with people posting ideas as soon they think of them with the rest of us deciding how appropriate they are. Hopefully by the end of the process we would have some semblance of an interesting RPG world.

So let me know what you guys think, how many would be interested in participating or even just if you have an entirely new idea you would like to propose. Thanks for reading and I hope to hear back from you.

Last edited by Shaman; 03-26-2013 at 11:50 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 12:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
Okay I figured I should let you guys know what's going down. Cantus asked me a while ago to think on some stuff to keep the fan-fiction portion of this community active and busy. I've managed to get two main ideas and I would like people to say which they would prefer and how interested they are in the idea.

The first idea is to have our own Scrolls of Lore short-story contest, in the same theme as Blizzard's ten leader stories. It would be the same format only with a different theme, perhaps ten famous Warcraft villains or notable heroes. Something along those lines. Then there would be some prize at the end of it and we would all judge which story we thought was the best. But we would need about ten people who would be interested in participating first.

The second idea is to brainstorm our own original fantasy universe. Take ideas from everyone and see if we can craft our story that is interesting with compelling characters and situations. This idea would be a lot more casual than the first with a heavy group-focus, with people posting ideas as soon they think of them with the rest of us deciding how appropriate they are. Hopefully by the end of the process we would have some semblance of an interesting RPG world.

So let me know what you guys think, how many would be interested in participating or even just if you have an entirely new idea you would like to propose. Thanks for reading and I hope to hear back from you.
Well, the War for Lordaeron is quite huge, But a shortstory-thing will be very nice!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:25 PM

Hon hon hon

I prefer the latter, if for no other reason that I would be able to participate : a short story is far too long for me to write, I'm afraid.But the two ideas are very interesting.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:21 AM

Echo of the Past

There are two different Lordaeron war RPGs going on in these forums, and nobody wants to play a game of Diplomacy?

Tags
creative, generalization