Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-18-2017, 09:36 AM

Banished

Default Expansion Concept — Age of Darkness

For quite a long time I've been working on the concept of an expansion that will take place after the Legion. But next xpac will be announced pretty soon and the concept is still very far from complete, so I decided to share main things with a purpose to force myself to post regular updates.

Age of Darkness

After the terrible war on Argus and wanderings through the Great Dark, brave adventurers finally return to Azeroth. Now they face the challenge of rebuilding their homeworld from the ruins and go to the new adventures... but they do not yet know what Final Titan is dead and the Age of Darkness has begun.

Main Features
  • Alliance Kingdom and Horde Empire — Travel to Kul Tiras (Alliance) and Zandalar (Horde)
  • Divided World — The old world (Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Outland, Northrend, and Pandaria) was revamped and now scalable
  • Setting(PH) — New type of high-level content
  • Leveling system
  • Item squish
  • Unique content for your faction
  • Allied Races
  • Pre-patch
  • Class rework
  • Professions

Divided World
The old world was revamped and now scalable, still most zones require a minimum level
  • Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor — level 1+; after level 20 each zone (except few) gives you 5 levels; after level 50 each zone (except few) gives you approximately 1 level
  • Outland, Northrend, and Pandaria — level 50+; each "continent" gives you approximately 10 levels
  • Draenor and Broken Isles — level 50+, available through Visions of Past; each "continent" gives you approximately 5 levels
  • Islands of Azeroth — level 90+, requires for most of the high-level content

Allied Races

Nightborne — After the war for Suramar and the destruction of the Broken Isles, the remnants of the Nightborne decided to join their distant relatives
  • Neutral Allied Race
  • Available for Night and Blood Elves
  • Unique level 1-5 experience
  • Available in pre-patch
Highmountain Taurens
  • Horde Allied Race
  • Available in pre-patch
Frostborn Dwarves
  • Alliance Allied Race
  • Available in pre-patch
Humans of Kul Tiras
  • Alliance Allied Race
Zandalari Trolls
  • Horde Allied Race

Last edited by Aram; 01-25-2018 at 08:28 AM..
Old 08-18-2017, 09:36 AM

Banished

Reserve for Zones Preview

Last edited by Aram; 01-25-2018 at 08:02 AM..
Old 08-18-2017, 12:42 PM

Eternal

I really like the concept except for one thing, which I heavily dislike: the level squish. Are you up for reconsidering this one feature?

Anyway, I'm really interested in learning more about the new zones and the new storylines in old zones. Could it be that Teldrassil is now simply Kalidar because the World Tree has been burnt down?
Old 08-18-2017, 01:03 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
I really like the concept except for one thing, which I heavily dislike: the level squish. Are you up for reconsidering this one feature?
Yeah, it's controversial, but I actually think that's now is just really good time to do it, because 100+ is so awkward
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Could it be that Teldrassil is now simply Kalidar because the World Tree has been burnt down?
Teldrassil is totally destroyed, but Kalidar it's north Kalimdor coast, above Moonglade and Winterspring
Old 08-18-2017, 01:12 PM

Arch-Druid

I'm all for a level squish. They should do an even greater one! Make it 110 -> 60!

However, I greatly doubt an expansion would be able to redo the entirety of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms and yet include the islands of the Great Sea.

And only sub-race is Nightborne? And they're neutral? That's poor. I guess you just didn't had the time to evolve or write your ideas here. But I'd like to not have neutral races anymore; I think it dilutes the factions. Having a way to turn traitor would be more interesting, instead.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 08-18-2017, 01:40 PM

Eternal

Noo, keep the levels :c
Old 08-19-2017, 02:37 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
And only sub-race is Nightborne? And they're neutral? That's poor. I guess you just didn't had the time to evolve or write your ideas here. But I'd like to not have neutral races anymore; I think it dilutes the factions.
Yeah, didn't have time to write it, but here are few points
  • Sub-races will not be added to all races at once (even Nightborne most likely will be added in 8.1)
  • I like the idea of neutral races when they are suitable for this (really sad that Blizzard did not stick with the idea of making goblins neutral)
  • I see no real reason why Nightborne should join only one side
Old 08-19-2017, 06:12 AM

Arch-Druid

I saw your title and immediately thought of Mondain, Minax and Exodus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram View Post
  • Sub-races will not be added to all races at once (even Nightborne most likely will be added in 8.1)
I think that any new races, sub-races and classes should be introduced in the pre-patch expansion. So we get get them leveled and ready to go by the time the expansion drops. If they're introduced in a X.1 patch people might be reluctant to roll them, prefering to take their current toons through the new content.

Counter to my point, Blizzard has historically only followed this with Demon hunters. IIRC, Death knights, Monks, and all the new races came with the expansion itself and not the pre-patch
Old 08-19-2017, 06:42 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
I think that any new races, sub-races and classes should be introduced in the pre-patch expansion. So we get get them leveled and ready to go by the time the expansion drops. If they're introduced in a X.1 patch people might be reluctant to roll them, prefering to take their current toons through the new content.
h
It's a great idea, but sadly experience set in new content while prepatch in old.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:37 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Now this is an expansion leak I can get behind! ...If only it was one. I am all for this, but I am not sure if the unavailable at launch zones will be detrimental for gameplay? Would -REALLY- love to see an updated Azeroth brought to on par with the Broken Isles, Draenor and Pandaria. In terms of aesthetics that is.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:04 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram View Post

Guardian of the Dead

Find out the truth about the Vol'jin's death and Sylvanas "coronation".

As a result, Sylvanas is no longer a Warchief and she is preparing for a war for the Lordaeron
Old 08-26-2017, 06:30 PM

Eternal

The patches sound awesome except for the Gnomeregan part. Instead, it should be a full retaking of Gnomeregan, updating it with modern art. The Horse could get Undermine in turn.

Tags
expacs, world of warcraft