Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 04-28-2009, 01:19 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

PvP Symbol - Alliance The Guild Thread

If you want to advertise an in-game guild, or discuss an SoL guild, this is the place to do it.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.

Last edited by Shaman; 03-20-2015 at 03:31 AM..
Old 05-01-2009, 05:07 AM

Huntress

The Illidari is a wide ranging, versatile union of various races from across the universe. Our membership applications ask only several things of you;
One, that you are a dedicated and eternal slave to his highness, Lord Illidan, your messiah and master.
Two, that you pray three times a day on your knees while facing the direction of the Black Temple, and pay a pilgrimage to it at least once in your life.
Three, you die by the glory of Illidan.

If you're a Naga, apply in Serpentshrine and Vashj will process your application. For blood elves take a hike in Tempest.

Under special circumstances you can apply for our lifetime 'Demon Hunting' course, which may or may not lead to your permanent blindness, madness and body being used to host a demon.

Good luck and I hope to see you all around Karabor soon!

Best of luck and warm wishes,
-Varedis

I am... merely a common gentile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimtale View Post
Wait... why are you emanating sheer amounts of badassery from every porous?
Recognize. ^
Old 05-16-2009, 03:47 AM

Archer

I think it would be a pretty cool idea to start up a guild with members of SoL. I am not real experienced in leading a guild but if anyone else is interested let me know.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:52 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanmug View Post
I think it would be a pretty cool idea to start up a guild with members of SoL. I am not real experienced in leading a guild but if anyone else is interested let me know.
Too few US/EN People here to make a real guild. + People are on different realms and most here prefer Raiding while some into PvP. Some don't even play WoW.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:37 AM

Elune

I'd join the Illidari guild if I knew what realm it was on.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:13 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
I'd join the Illidari guild if I knew what realm it was on.
He was just playing his account's namesake character.
Or you're not serious also? Damn, it's too strange these days with all those people taking everything seriously.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:41 AM

Elune

*sighs* I just hate the character derailment the Illidari got in TBC. Really, the only way to do them justice was to make them playable.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:18 AM

Huntress

ALL of my toons, alliance and horde, are on Earthen Ring EU (just moved them all there en-masse)

I am currently guildless and would love it if someone could recommend a guild for me
Old 07-16-2009, 01:07 PM

Eternal

I'm in "Hordelicious" on US Steamwheedle Cartel. All blood elves and one troll warrior /sigh
Old 07-16-2009, 01:14 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
I'm in "Hordelicious" on US Steamwheedle Cartel. All blood elves and one troll warrior /sigh
Good guild name. Kinda like Hordecore Pwnography.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:21 PM

Warden

Fordragon Imports

By far one of THE best RP/PVP guilds around, in my opinion. My dwarf is with them.

http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?t=14943

This is their recruitment thread on TNG. [Irontoe is a very angry dwarf, just so you know.]

I would recommend reading up on them just for the sake of finding someone who knows what the hell they are doing.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:46 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

I'm co-GM (with my wife) :-) of the guild <Forgiven> - Alliance, Terokkar US.

PM me in-game or here if you'd like to know more. We'll take your DK or help powerlevel a reroll toon if interested.

I'm usually on my Paladin toon.. name's Devout
Old 08-19-2009, 01:16 PM

Warden

Fordragon Imports disbanded. :<

Sad times. They brought so much world PVP and RP to the Alliance side.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:17 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden View Post
Fordragon Imports disbanded. :<

Sad times. They brought so much world PVP and RP to the Alliance side.
You know, this is sad. I hadn't checked this thread before today, and thought, "Hmm... rerolling in a RPPVP realm for grins would be kinda fun"

So much for that.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:29 PM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
'eyo! My main lives there as well (Anasyan...yes...I'm not too creative) as part of <Revenant>.

Steamwheedle sure used to be something. *sage nod*
Old 08-20-2009, 05:03 AM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
You know, this is sad. I hadn't checked this thread before today, and thought, "Hmm... rerolling in a RPPVP realm for grins would be kinda fun"

So much for that.
Seriously, Fordragon was by far the greatest thing I had seen in a long long time. They were the party crashers, the ones who ALWAYS started shit in Horde cities. But the greatest part of it all was the RP behind it. The RP posts that sprouted up from the ashes of their wake.

Sadly, it became too much of a burden for the Guild Leader. Too much of a strain on Real life. It really did grow into a behemoth very quickly. :<

Anywho, I would still check out Twisting Nether-US for RPPVP. Alot of good guilds on both sides.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:37 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden View Post
Seriously, Fordragon was by far the greatest thing I had seen in a long long time. They were the party crashers, the ones who ALWAYS started shit in Horde cities. But the greatest part of it all was the RP behind it. The RP posts that sprouted up from the ashes of their wake.

Sadly, it became too much of a burden for the Guild Leader. Too much of a strain on Real life. It really did grow into a behemoth very quickly. :<

Anywho, I would still check out Twisting Nether-US for RPPVP. Alot of good guilds on both sides.

Thanks.

Oh, and, dear lord, your sig pic is disturbing.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:52 PM

Critter

I'm a bit late to the party, but I figured I would post about my guild... we're having a recruitment push to get ready for Cataclysm and welcome good friendly folks!

Thunderbrew Guard is a 3 year-old, established Alliance guild on the Steamwheedle Cartel RP server with the sole purpose of providing a light, fun, and helpful atmosphere in which to game. The majority of our members are working adults and we understand that Real Life comes first. We truly are a WoW family, a friendly group of folks with little to no drama.

Thunderbrew Guard is not a hardcore end-game guild. We stick together for fun and friendship, not for phat lewt. We're looking for a few good people that might be interested in low-pressure 10-man raiding, plus any other folks who are looking for a stable and laid-back home to begin preparing for the epicness that will be Cataclysm.

We classify ourselves as light RP. Several of our members do have personalities and backstories for their characters, and they'll slip in and out of those personas in guild chat (which is OOC) for humorous effect. We don't take ourselves or our RP too seriously, but we also respect those who are more dedicated to RP.

So, if being part of a fun, casual and mature guild appeals to you, we may just be what you have been looking for!

One of our members recently put it best:

"We'll be reckless, feckless, and rude, and our battles will be gloriously messy. We are the stuff of minor legends and major entertainment - Goblin kings, bossy gnomes, blind and slow warriors, pallys of ill-repute, death knights obsessed with the reproductive organs of dragons, omg! The list is endless!

And I can't think of a better crew to spend my online time with."

http://thunderbrewguard.guildlaunch.com

Officers:
Arshley - guildmaster, banker
Gillyy - associate member coordinator, webpage
Betsea - recruiter, webpage
Old 10-01-2010, 05:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Crossed Swords (War2)

This is any entirely serious thought i'm having here. One thing about leveling new Worgen (or Goblin) alts in Cata, is that they will ineviatably be slightly behind everyone's current mains in terms of professions, gear, and ability to get into heroics and raids as soon as other toons.

So I am thinking of starting a guild that could level up together, and within the first couple of months start banging on the door of heroics and the first tier of raid content. The only snag is that the raid time I am evetually looking at is from 10:30 pm to 1 am, so this would be a semi-late night guild, and I'm sure no one here is much interested. This is not going to be a "leveling" guild, it is going to be strictly a guild for mature people who want to get into some causal raiding with one of their new characters.

I'm thinking Worgen to be honest, and though I would prefer to stay on my server with my heirlooms, and I am open to a new server if anyone at all is interested. Again, I'm not expecting much of any response, I just think it would be a good way to really enjoy the new world, get some of those guild achivements started, and just try to enjoy the game as much as possible when it comes out.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:33 PM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

So... if we were to put all our collective SoL alts onto one realm where would it be?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 10-01-2010, 06:18 PM

Arch-Druid

All my stuff is on Winterhoof but it honestly doens't matter to me in the end. It might be more fun to start from scratch, but I wouldn't mind having the 7000 gold i have stocked up to help get things going. I'm open to any suggestions. If we get get even 5-10 people interested at the start it could go from there. Keep in mind this is a central time zone server, low-medium pop. depending on the day. I'm open to the faction suggestion as well, depending on if people are more interested in Goblins or Worgen (both are equally interesting to me).

Last edited by jjstraka; 10-01-2010 at 06:21 PM..
Old 10-01-2010, 06:31 PM

Demon Hunter

I'm interested in seeing what would come of a SoL-heavy new toon guild for US folks. I would be more inclined to join any guild if it were on a PST server. I don't play Wow in the early part of the day, and I absolutely hate playing when it's always nighttime in-game, especially when it's still daylight outside.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:56 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Oh yeah, I kinda forgot this thread existed.

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...?t=8078&page=2

If you guys are interested in joining the Eternity Foundation, let me know.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:12 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsider View Post
I'm interested in seeing what would come of a SoL-heavy new toon guild for US folks. I would be more inclined to join any guild if it were on a PST server. I don't play Wow in the early part of the day, and I absolutely hate playing when it's always nighttime in-game, especially when it's still daylight outside.
PST is fine with me. I would be thinking of having the raids at about 8pm Pacific time if that were the case, 10 central, 11pm eastern. That would allow for alot of flexability. But that would be something that could be worked out eventually. Like I said, a fresh start could be fun anyway, and with the dungeon finder, premades, and quests, the gear would be fairly excellent for leveling even without heirlooms.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:20 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Oh yeah, I kinda forgot this thread existed.

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...?t=8078&page=2

If you guys are interested in joining the Eternity Foundation, let me know.
And if you were looking at having the same kind of raiding hrs I would totally be willing to get in on this, but if I can't at least casually raid ten man's on a regular basis I would be feeling like I wasn't getting the most out of the game. This is the first expansion I am able to get in on the ground floor of and I'm pretty excited about that. But yeah, your idea is fantastic.