Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2016, 12:13 PM

Elune

My court physician just cured cancer with weed.

That guy is a miracle worker.

EDIT:
[

Last edited by ijffdrie; 12-08-2016 at 01:46 PM..
Old 12-09-2016, 04:28 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Panda Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
My court physician just cured cancer with weed.

That guy is a miracle worker...
If you have the Poet attribute (e.g Rhaegar in the ASoIaF mod) you are given the option of driving your prisoners insane with obligatory bad poetry readings.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:23 PM

Elune

It is a pretty fantastic option.

Also, hysteria cures for men.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:19 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Question for anyone who plays/played Stellaris: is the Leviathans DLC worthwhile?

I couldn't like Stellaris as much as I wanted to largely because of the victory conditions. The only way you could win was by grabbing territory or conquering as much as possible, both of which become kind of a slog. My understanding is that Leviathans lets you have a Federation victory, where you can at least piggyback on the territory of federated factions.

Does this give you more flexibility in your playing style?

Also, is diplomacy improved? Diplomacy in the base game felt like engaging in impossible and absurd discussions. I can get that here on SoL.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 12-27-2016, 07:21 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Tome of Experience

Been using the Steam winter sales to buy pretty much every remaining CKII DLC - other than a couple of unit packs/e-books that didn't really interest me. Res Publica, Charlemagne and Rajas of India don't really excite me, but I mean to try out a Horse Lords play-through at some point whenever I have the time.

The upcoming expansion Monks and Mystics doesn't really appeal to me either, but I'll certainly buy it eventually - if only to maximize the available features in the ASoIaF mod.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:54 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
Question for anyone who plays/played Stellaris: is the Leviathans DLC worthwhile?

I couldn't like Stellaris as much as I wanted to largely because of the victory conditions. The only way you could win was by grabbing territory or conquering as much as possible, both of which become kind of a slog.
That's why I stopped playing as well. I was facing a large Fedaration and since you can only ever conquer three to four planets per war, I was looking at an insanely long and mindnumbing grind that was made even worse by the fact that I couldn't make peace with one Federation member without locking me out of wars with any of the others for 10 years.

Yesterday, I updated to 1.2.1 and loaded my old save. A few seconds in, the diplomacy changes unraveled and this Federation completely fell apart. Now I feel like I've cheated...
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 03-16-2017, 08:23 AM

Eternal

Old 03-16-2017, 08:44 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Mana

I'm not super-excited about Mandate of Heaven myself; I've never really played that many far-eastern playthroughs. Mostly just because I don't know much about Chinese cultures and history and so there's an obstacle in finding any particular emotional attachment for those Asian states.

I am fond of playing south-east Asian games though - like Khmer or one of the Indonesian islands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Those ships and cannons look smashing. :O
Old 04-10-2017, 03:16 PM

The Sun King

At this point I think I'm ready to admit that Crusader Kings II has joined Warcraft III in my personal league of best video games ever made.

I suppose I'm just impressed by all the depth and possibilities both of these games allow.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:39 PM

Site Staff - Admin

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
At this point I think I'm ready to admit that Crusader Kings II has joined Warcraft III in my personal league of best video games ever made.

I suppose I'm just impressed by all the depth and possibilities both of these games allow.
My main CKII run has seen my family's dynasty rise from meager Irish lords/ladies into the ruling empire of the entire British isles (with parts of Norway, France and Italy too) I've been hesitant about pushing any further into Europe because the Aztecs control much of it with the rest ruled by a Caliphate and the HRE - so I am content to let those three fight each other for decades until exhaustion first.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:07 PM

Eternal

Crusader Kings II is great, but I would lie if I said that Europa Universalis IV is not my favorite at the moment. The game was a bit stale at first, but improved a lot with further expansions, and now it is just stellar. And there’s a really nice shaping Antique mod in works, covering all of the old world.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:17 PM

The Sun King

Quote:
Crusader Kings II is great, but I would lie if I said that Europa Universalis IV is not my favorite at the moment. The game was a bit stale at first, but improved a lot with further expansions, and now it is just stellar. And there’s a really nice shaping Antique mod in works, covering all of the old world.
After discovering CKII mods for myself, I'm convinced that the game is endless. I eagerly await the incoming Warcraft mod and enjoy the ones on Warhammer, Elder Scrolls, LOTR and ASOIAF, or the wonderful WTWSMS mod... I can play it forever, just like Warcraft III.

As for Europa... III is still my favourite. But I think CK2 is just much more immersive and advanced.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:24 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
After discovering CKII mods for myself, I'm convinced that the game is endless. I eagerly await the incoming Warcraft mod and enjoy the ones on Warhammer, Elder Scrolls, LOTR and ASOIAF, or the wonderful WTWSMS mod... I can play it forever, just like Warcraft III.

As for Europa... III is still my favourite. But I think CK2 is just much more immersive and advanced.
I suggest you try IV with all the expansions, fully updated. As for mods, Crusader Kings II has many great such, though as far as Warcraft goes, I think Europa is more fitting, mostly because of naval battles. But perhaps we will get them in Crusader Kings too, one day.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:06 PM

The Sun King

Quote:
I suggest you try IV with all the expansions, fully updated. As for mods, Crusader Kings II has many great such, though as far as Warcraft goes, I think Europa is more fitting, mostly because of naval battles. But perhaps we will get them in Crusader Kings too, one day.
I don't really care about naval battles in Para games, so CK2 does it for me.

And it allows to explore the VAST array of characters in Warcraft much better.

I am already giddy about rising as Lord Othmar Garithos of Blackwood to the title of the High King of Lordaeron!!!
Old 04-11-2017, 02:07 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

For some reason, ever since Empire at War, I haven't been able to play a space RTS that doesn't also include a solid ground game. Is Stellaris' ever going to be revamped or is it always going to be that goofy icon combat system?
Member #14
Old 04-17-2017, 10:32 AM

Eternal

Imperium Universalis

Can't wait for the inclusion of Ages and the other new expansion features, they fit the era really well.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:56 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

That looks like a really good fucking mod, are there unique idea sets too? Hnnngh.

It'll fill the hole until VEF gets updated at least.
“Children are dying." Lull nodded. "That's a succinct summary of humankind, I'd say. Who needs tomes and volumes of history? Children are dying. The injustices of the world hide in those three words.”
Old 04-18-2017, 12:07 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster View Post
That looks like a really good fucking mod, are there unique idea sets too? Hnnngh.

It'll fill the hole until VEF gets updated at least.
It's great, really. Can't wait until they release the new version. The citizen military pathway fits the Republic so well.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:08 PM

Arch-Druid

Next match brings Moravia as a tag.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:56 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Lothar

The newest EU4 development diary says that Hungary is getting a big revamp in the next free patch - with a bunch of new events and provinces etc.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:58 AM

Elune

So, started playing and need some help.

Tunisian pirates are regularly raiding my coasts and taking gold and sailors (ha, gaaay). So, how can I stop them?
I've tried setting my fleet on anti-piracy duty and it seems to work but I'd like to settle this so I don't have to keep my fleets operational all the time. I'd move in and kick their teeth in but I don't want to take their land and I fear leaving them alive will just make them come and raid my shores even more. Can I turn them into a colony? I really want to put an end to this, advice welcome.

Also sometimes when I defend I get negative bonuses from terrain (seems to happen a lot when defending in the mountains). How is this possible? Doesn't seem to happen to my enemies.

Also I regularly see the enemy field bigger army groups than mine but they end up suffering a lot less attrition, what gives? Is it because they are defending? Plus of course I lose people sieging.

Last question, how to maximize my ruler points income? Besides having a good ruler and advisors I mean. I think I've read that making the enemy concede defeat gives ruler points, true? Also power projection gives a bit but it is hard for me to get that given that I am strongest country around. Any other ways to get ruler pts? I am desperate since I want to play a relatively tall game and that will take every point I can scrounge up.

Anyway I've finally figured out how trade works and I realize I have to crap on Venice and send all my trade there eventually so that and shitting on other major countries is the agenda.

Last edited by C9H20; 06-23-2017 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: when you find a typo hours later...
Old 06-24-2017, 05:39 AM

Elune

No love for the newbs I see

Tags
best game ever, politics