Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 12-13-2015, 05:01 AM

Elune

Reminder the Horde character murdered human prisoners with a shovel in a concentration camp.

I like what I read about Sylvanas. I'm only afraid Blizz will pull the ''She didn't do anything wrong! She a good girl!'' card like they did with Kerrigan, or that embarrassing ending with Grom.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
She taunted them as well in the Worgen starting zone and has lasted 5 years so far, though.

pretty sure she got shot in the back of the head for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:33 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
pretty sure she got shot in the back of the head for it.
That was more because she's terrible when it comes to trusting obviously untrustworthy characters.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:52 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
They've hinted at her having a reckoning for a while now, and her path has long been headed this direction anyway. And either they do it and anger some, or don't and anger others. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
While this is true, it's not hard to imagine that Blizzard might have tried to set up a genuine redemption with Sylvanas. Hell, it's about fucking time someone on the Horde made a great Sacrifice to protect Azeroth/The Alliance. Or, knowing Blizzard at times "Sylvanas makes a minor gesture that appeases the Alliance by getting herself out of a sticky situation. Everyone who distrusts Syly after that is a poopyhead".

Quote:
I'm more worried about Greymane becoming a villain since you have Horde fanatics like Ganishka screaming for his head and the ne'er-do-wells at MMO-Champion saying he's the new Garrosh.
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 12-13-2015, 05:58 AM

Elune

Quote:
I really want to know what enhancement shaman animations are going to look like.
They literally get possessed by Go'el he takes over their bodies, Agent style.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:11 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
What's Helya's deal? Why'd she go bad?
Valkyr queen who was apparently betrayed by Odyn and cursed, earning her everlasting hatred. Hel hath no fury and such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:18 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
She says she's doing it for the Forsaken, and it's not like she's screwing over the Horde with her plan. She even goes out of her way to do this in private.
Is she though? Her short story makes it clear she just views the Forsaken as a shield to keep her from undeath, and with unlimited Val'kyr she can keep doing just that.

Not that they'd especially mind of their Queen was nigh-invincible, but still.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:22 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Is she though? Her short story makes it clear she just views the Forsaken as a shield to keep her from undeath, and with unlimited Val'kyr she can keep doing just that.

Obviously she has her own motives, but that's what she tells the player. The player character doesn't have much reason to be upset. We've made deals with Old God minions and have slain Titanic Watchers.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:22 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post

Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
sigg'd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Old 12-13-2015, 06:25 AM

Elune

You know what's as bad as Blood Elf Mages having to work with the Kirin Tor? My Worgen Rogue having to work with Forsaken Apothecaries.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:33 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I think fury should've duel wielded AU and MU Gorehowls. And enhancement shammies should've done the same with doomhammers (one would have the frostwolf insignia, the other the blackrock one)
I agree with this, except for the Gorehowls. It's barely an epic weapon.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 12-13-2015, 06:47 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
I agree with this, except for the Gorehowls. It's barely an epic weapon.
It cleaved through a high ranking demon lord before cleaving high ranking demon lords became pedestrian.

But yeah, I'm okay with what we got... save that I think Axe of Cenarius could have worked just as fine for Fury as it would Arms.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:21 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
It cleaved through a high ranking demon lord before cleaving high ranking demon lords became pedestrian.

But yeah, I'm okay with what we got... save that I think Axe of Cenarius could have worked just as fine for Fury as it would Arms.
That was more the man behind it than the weapon itself. That's the "fantsy" I have with my paladin. She uses just a plain Khorium Champion, it's strength comes from her soul's holy powers. I'll probably transmog Ashbringer into that, I prefer it that way.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 12-13-2015, 07:57 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Warchief Baine intensifies.
Stop trying to make Warchief Baine happen. It's never going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
The Sylvanas stuff surprises me. Honestly I thought after the whole Garrosh thing Blizzard would have realised a lot of Horde players don't like this shit. It looks like Garrosh all over again.
Nah, it's not going to be another Garrosh. Garrosh was badass.

Quote:
That was more because she's terrible when it comes to trusting obviously untrustworthy characters.
Godfrey and Putress are still the best Forsaken characters.

Quote:

Eh. I really hoped for better warrior artifacts. There's just so much you could pick - Broxigar's axe, Gorehowl, Varian's swords etc. Instead we got generic Vrykul/Titan weapons without background story and the ugly sword of a dude nobody cares about.

Last edited by Gromak; 12-13-2015 at 08:03 AM..
Old 12-13-2015, 08:04 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Stop trying to make Warchief Baine happen. It's never going to happen.

Nah, it's not going to be another Garrosh. Garrosh was badass.

Godfrey and Putress are still the best Forsaken characters.
Garrosh was an idiot who's reign ended with the Horde in the gutter and gnomes running through the streets of Orgrimaar.

If the best forsaken characters are two who betrayed the horde it raises a question on the quality of forsaken characters available to the horde.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:08 AM

Eternal

Quote:
If the best forsaken characters are two who betrayed the horde it raises a question on the quality of forsaken characters available to the horde.
Exactly my point. The Forsaken don't have any characters of note aside from Sylvanas.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:09 AM

Elune

The Horde is fine bra.

The Horde will be fine bra.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-13-2015, 08:18 AM

Eternal

Quote:

Hmm, although I do not agree with Axe of Cenarius being the choice for Arms, I could see it working as the weapon(s) for Fury.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:38 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
The Horde is fine bra.

The Horde will be fine bra.
The Horde have fine bras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Hmm, although I do not agree with Axe of Cenarius being the choice for Arms, I could see it working as the weapon(s) for Fury.
What if they made the Fury weapons based on Thoradin? I mean, he was a barbarian king.

Banished

I dont get why people get so pressed at an HORDE character taunting ALLIANCE characters, unless the opposite doesnt happen in the game at all, then it should too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Well it's a foregone conclusion she'll fail at this point since her ambitions are now apparently global.
they always have been global but she never gets through with that promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
I'm only afraid Blizz will pull the ''She didn't do anything wrong! She a good girl!'' card like they did with Kerrigan.
Kerrigan redemption was far from smooth but they didnt really do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post

Sylvanas personal ambitions have the side effect of making the Forsaken more powerful and not screwing over the other Horde races, at least so far. Besides, our characters dont know that

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: DeadHank#1975

Quote:
I think people are leaping to conclusions, seeing the Hall of Valor as heaven.

To me it seems like a titan mechanic left in place to effectively build a defensive force to protect against future Legion activity. Simply put it allows Odyn, a watcher tasked with managing and commanding this army, to collect powerful warriors and give them a form of Immortality so when finally the Legion arrives their is a powerful standing army ready to counter the invasion.

Surprise, Surprise the mechanism is corrupted when Helya goes bad and forms her underworld and takes it a step further by cursing Odyn and his people to keep them from leaving the Hall of Valor to fight the Legion.

It isn't a true heaven and hell in the sense of all life. Its closer to the elemental planes. It is a structure created for Azeroth for a particular reason and function.
I agree. The Halls of Valor aren't exactly heaven, every bellief has its own afterlife. It's just a structure left by the titans to create an army under Odyn, where he chooses the best soldiers based on their honorable death.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:46 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
You know what's as bad as Blood Elf Mages having to work with the Kirin Tor? My Worgen Rogue having to work with Forsaken Apothecaries.
Yeah but you'll never hear that because the hordes of crybaby Blood Elf fans are making too much noise. And they'll just convince themselves that the Forsaken did much less horrors to the Forsaken than the Kirin Tor did to the Blood Elves.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:47 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Exactly my point. The Forsaken don't have any characters of note aside from Sylvanas.
Sylvanas is a detriment to the Forsaken at this point.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-13-2015, 08:49 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Yeah but you'll never hear that because the hordes of crybaby Blood Elf fans are making too much noise. And they'll just convince themselves that the Forsaken did much less horrors to the Forsaken than the Kirin Tor did to the Blood Elves.
They may be annoying as fuck about it but I still sympathize to some degree, I don't think I'd be able to contain my rage if they swept Gilneas under a rug in the exact same manner that they just did with the Purge of Dalaran.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:57 AM

Eternal

Quote:
What if they made the Fury weapons based on Thoradin? I mean, he was a barbarian king.
It could work, of course, but I would not like it most likely. It is just my personal taste, but I do prefer swords to be singular while axes to be in a pair. Now, Thoradin could have wielded the axes, but in my opinion, it would not fit that much. If I could make it my way, it would be like this;

Arms - a two handed sword, with one polearm model.

Fury - a pair of two handed axes.

Protection - A shield and hammer (mace).

Tags
chronicle, leg expansion, legion, neutrals for everyone