Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > StarCraft Discussion

Old 08-02-2016, 09:29 AM

World Builder

Fckin Hell Blizz it's august 2nd, turn the damn thing on.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 08-02-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Fckin Hell Blizz it's august 2nd, turn the damn thing on.
Well.. You can always change to the european server to play it. ;P

Just finished it. And well, I did enjoy it.

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:32 AM

Elune

So paying for these little missions seems like a cashgrab to me. What about you guys playing, do you think this kind of payed DLC is okay and worth it?
Old 08-03-2016, 06:14 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
So paying for these little missions seems like a cashgrab to me. What about you guys playing, do you think this kind of payed DLC is okay and worth it?
With the current price and current quality of the adventures? They're worth it.

Granted I bought all three at once so I think it gave me a bundled price but w/e.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 08-03-2016, 06:48 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
It's basically DLC Mass Effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:51 AM

World Builder

Played through the missions, was neat seeing Alarak. Nova really needs an air to air combat unit though.

I don't do much multiplayer so I hadn't seen the Liberator before, but I like them.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 08-03-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
In my opinion it's worth it. I mean, so far, we had 6 missions, each with a custom tileset with a lot of custom new doodads, the missions are quite fun (some more than others of course), they do add new enemy units (e.g.: defilers, infested banshees, infested siege tanks) so it's fun to fight something new, you can play around with your army using the different uprgades, and also try out different methods how to play Nova.

So, in my oppinion they clearly put effort into this, and for someone who does enjoy the singleplayer campaigns it isn't money wasted.
Therefore, as long as the quality is good as it is, I am okay with this kind of DLC.

Quote:
Played through the missions, was neat seeing Alarak. Nova really needs an air to air combat unit though.

I don't do much multiplayer so I hadn't seen the Liberator before, but I like them.
That's what liberators are for?

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:06 PM

Arch-Druid

Orb of Fire only if you're terran

Quote:

I do not have fond memories against them.

Last edited by Malygos; 08-03-2016 at 04:14 PM..
Old 08-03-2016, 06:25 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post

That's what liberators are for?
Yeah but i use them in alt mode mostly

My Worldbuilding:
Old 08-11-2016, 05:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Also played through it.

Missions were fun and I also liked the Minibosses.

Storywise, it's a little bit predictable.

The Moment, General Davis was introduced, I knew she was behind it.

The Cliffhanger was imo. unnecessary...

Oh, and by math we probatly have to wait another 4 months for the final part.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:28 AM

Owl Scout

So far i'm liking the campaign. Each map has new tilelest, many new assets and improvements for the game. Usually i don't like to buy DLCs but this one worth it so far.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:52 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommper View Post
So far i'm liking the campaign. Each map has new tilelest, many new assets and improvements for the game. Usually i don't like to buy DLCs but this one worth it so far.
Agreed, I just wish they released it all at once rather than in pieces over months.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 11-23-2016, 08:06 AM

World Builder

Alright, just played through last three missions.

First one has you infiltrate Davis's compound, Valerians abdication speech is a ruse to distract most of Davis's forces on the planet while Nova sneaks in to arrest Davis. Delta, Pierce, and Stone are all there and have been brainwashed, thankfully only Stone is far enough along that you have to fight him, and you're able to do so without killing him.

After you arrest Davis and make what she was doing public, the Dominion public is shocked, but Alarak shows up and begins attacking the defenders of man on the planet, Valerian and Nova have to fight the Tal'darim to protect all of the civilians on the planet from being murdered in the crossfire, and the Dominion fleet is brought in too. You get 3 "Gorgon" battlecrisers that can strafe the battlefield to wipe out chunks of the Tal'darim on a 180sec cooldown, which was pretty nice.

Davis escapes in the confusion but you track her to some shipyards where she and the Hardcore defenders of man that didn't leave her when they found out she was using psi emitters to stage attack steal a big 'weapons platform' called the Xanthos, it's basically a robot with a Flamethrower, Railgun, Carrier drones, and missile launchers.

Once Nova takes it down, she kills Davis despite Valerians orders to take her alive. Back on the ship, Reigel says that he and the crew are more loyal to Nova than the Dominion or Valerian (Though Reigel doesn't seem to dislike Valerian he seems to have misgivings since he was formerly in the Moebius foundation and when that turned out to be "EEEEVIL" it destroyed his career in the public field) and they become the Dominion's...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_31

Nova: "The Dominion will always have problems, and we can solve them our way."

Valerian and Horner decide to let Nova go "For Now" since the Public was pretty okay with Davis being killed rather than going to trial considering all the shit she pulled.

Frankly I am not a fan of the lore in the last bits, I understand the antipathy Nova has for Davis but they didn't build it up as well as I'd have liked. This does seem to confirm though that Valerian's stopped or at least significantly scaled back the Dominion's mind-wiping and brainpanning, otherwise Nova wouldn't have been able to disobey him.

In a way though, I hope that Valerian told Reigel to have her go 'rogue' so that he'd have an agent who nominally has his interests outside his direct command for plausible deniability in dicey situations.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 11-29-2016, 08:28 PM

Treant

Old 11-30-2016, 12:09 AM

World Builder

https://comic.starcraft2.com/en-us/nova-the-keep

Y'know, this'd be a lot more meaningful if Valerian had just come out about the Moebius Foundation involvement ahead of time and not murdered a bunch of Umojan personnel

My Worldbuilding:
Old 11-30-2016, 05:11 AM

Elune

Quote:
https://comic.starcraft2.com/en-us/nova-the-keep

Y'know, this'd be a lot more meaningful if Valerian had just come out about the Moebius Foundation involvement ahead of time and not murdered a bunch of Umojan personnel
It's pretty typical of Blizzard though. Lives only matter when they're a named character. Faceless, numberless, mooks and redshirts don't matter. If a character kills hundreds of unnamed soldiers and civilians, it's largely irrelevant but as soon as they target a named character? They're a monster.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:54 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
It's pretty typical of Blizzard though. Lives only matter when they're a named character. Faceless, numberless, mooks and redshirts don't matter. If a character kills hundreds of unnamed soldiers and civilians, it's largely irrelevant but as soon as they target a named character? They're a monster.
They try to make it a big deal that Nova's going to bother to remember the terrible shit she does now, and this helps explain why she's so pissed at Davis in the covert ops missions for screwing with her head, but none of that changes that the ending basically makes her murdering those people Meaningless.

I can only think that, since this is the second time in a short period that Valerian's been at odds with the Umojan's (First in Evolution, now here), that this is setting up future Dominion hostilities with them, now that Valerian is 'the man', instead of Arcturus and they're not as chummy with him.

(Arcturus sending a bunch of battlecruisers after Kerrigan in their territory probably didn't help)

My Worldbuilding:
Old 11-30-2016, 10:41 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

I enjoyed it but it felt like she took care of the Shadowguard way too easily for how hyped up he was as the biggest threat to successful completion of her mission and the mind tricks he tried to play with her. It would have gone over better if it seemed like all the regrets he had were eating away at him and he was kind of death-seeking, but I didn't particularly get that impression.

I understand that he was just a side thing though, and they probably just didn't have the time to make him a bigger obstacle.

Granted I still haven't finished SC2, read Evolution, or played Covert Ops at all, so I'm not much one to talk about these things.

Tags
heresy, starcraft 2