Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > StarCraft Discussion

Old 03-16-2013, 07:32 PM

Eternal

It isn't that there will not be D4, WC4 or SC3 but rather the plot will be wholly different--possible start of a new story arc ages later.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 03-16-2013, 09:21 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
It isn't that there will not be D4, WC4 or SC3 but rather the plot will be wholly different--possible start of a new story arc ages later.
Or exploring a different part of the world contemporaneously, or early history.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 03-24-2013, 01:54 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
I hope that Ulrezaj doesn't turn out to be working for the Dark Voice all along, but what with Blizzard's recent trend of plot consolidation, I'm not very optimistic.
As nice as it sounds, at this point it'd be pretty stupid for Ulrezaj not to be working for the Dark Voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
I have a hard time calling Kerrigan "good" even after this campaign.
She was an anti-hero.

Which was annoying but still way better than the straight-up hero I was expecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 03-25-2013, 06:52 AM

Drunk Assassin

Here's hoping the Protoss don't 'do a night elf' and simply prevail conventionally - and yes, they should be the ones to 'win'. It's their expansion and they as a race deserve it. Not Terran, not Zerg - Protoss.

Artanis, Selendis and Zeratul will probably be among the main character line-up for the campaign.

This god damn music needs to play as well:

Last edited by Thunderbraid; 03-25-2013 at 07:16 AM..
Old 08-16-2013, 03:56 AM

Druid of the Claw

I was trolling on another forum and said that the information below was the leaked Legacy of the Void storyline spoilers. Obviously they're not but I think I made a fairly accurate prediction lol.

You have been warned...

Quote:

The campaign will focus on Zeratul finding a way to bring the Protoss together while dealing with the fact that he murdered his lover Raszagal.

There are cinematics depicting Zeratul's nightmares of seeing his warp blade pierce through his lover's heart.

Zeratul has been retconned to be the same age as Raszagal.

As Zeratul tries to bring each Protoss faction together he meets a potential love interest. He'll have a lover among the Khalai, the Nerazim and the Tal'darim. He must weigh his decisions in his heart as much as his mind if he wants to unite as many Protoss as possible.

There are missions where Zeratul seeks out Raynor and Kerrigan asking them for help on how to deal with his conflicting emotions.

Amon and the Hybrids are irrelevant until the last mission. Majority of the missions will by PvP and involve Zeratul fighting one of his lovers who think he cheated on them.

The story will end with Zeratul becoming the Patriarch of Protoss after marrying Raszagal's sister and making her the Matriarch.

The Protoss won't kill Kerrigan after Amon is defeated because she helped Zeratul with his love issues. Instead they'll thank her by giving her a machine that will allow her to temporarily retake her human form each month. Thus she can continue her relationship with Raynor.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:34 AM

Banished

That reminds me, I wish we had seen a SC2 engine Razsagal
Old 03-14-2014, 06:26 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

So when do you guys think we will hear info on Legacy of the Void?

Run
Old 03-14-2014, 06:31 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSCR View Post
I was trolling on another forum and said that the information below was the leaked Legacy of the Void storyline spoilers. Obviously they're not but I think I made a fairly accurate prediction lol.

You have been warned...
You are a funny man
Megatron: You've forgotten something else: I am your prisoner. I've been granted conditional bail while we look for the Knights of Cybertron. Where in my bail terms does it say—where precisely does it say—that I have to risk my life to save a handful of strangers? Where does it say that?

Skids taps Megatron's Autobot badge.

Skids: Right. There. What does that badge even mean to you? How has wearing it forced you to modify your behaviour? I'm serious! How has being an Autobot in any way prevented you from doing exactly what you want? Because if the answer is "it hasn't"—then nothing you've said or done in the last six months counts for anything.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:59 PM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
So when do you guys think we will hear info on Legacy of the Void?
Blizzcon
Old 03-18-2014, 09:06 PM

Revenant - Moderator

My guess for a plot twist is that Zeratul will be forced to choose between letting the zerg devour the entirety of Aiur and/or letting Kerrigan's swarm be too weak to kill Amon. Even the most liberal of both types of Templar would be against that.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:38 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

I just realized the original post said 800 Supply Cap, when there are 3 races.

Which would be 600.

I am sad I didn't point it out sooner.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 03-20-2014, 02:53 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
The Protoss won't kill Kerrigan after Amon is defeated because she helped Zeratul with his love issues. Instead they'll thank her by giving her a machine that will allow her to temporarily retake her human form each month. Thus she can continue her relationship with Raynor.
Thanks for helping me out with my girl problems, Kerrigan! We forgive you for killing billions of people. Here is an anti-PMS machine.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:07 PM

Guru of Gilneas

I suspect that once again the Protoss will have a Pyrrhic victory that involves the decline or near obliteration of their civilization.

I suspect that the Protoss campaign will be about Kerrigan and the zerg.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:44 PM

Arch-Druid

I wouldn't go that far. In each campaign the race in question has been the focus. The Zerg were the focus in heart of the swarm the terrans in wings of liberty. They also said they delayed the game because they wanted to rework the missions and make them feel "protossy".

I suspect Kerrigan's stunt with Niadra's gonna come back and haunt her when she tries to ally with them, thereby finally getting called out on what she did on kaldir. As such, this makes any attempts at an alliance even harder than before. Zeratul has to find a way to appease various factions (Urun may want to reconquer Aiur and pledge support if you help. Someone else might think that's a waste of time and you have to choose which faction to help. Depending on who you choose you get certain types of units).

I think that Zeratul will have to somehow obtain the powers of twilight (maybe fusing with a khala archon) than merge with Kerrigan, creating a single perfect being. Than in the final battle we have an army of hybrids and either a pseudo boss battle with Amon or a cutscene where Kerrigan, Zeratul, or Keratul (if they fuse together) facing off with Amon in a cutscene that will be really beautifully done and which obviously consumed a lot of the budget). Something happens, Zerg and Protoss fuse, Xel'naga are reborn etc.

I liked Heart of the swarm's ending. Kerrigan and Raynor aren't together, but they both gracefully accept it. Kerrigan's finally made peace with her tormented life, Raynor's finally forgiven himself, and can work on rebuilding human civilization, since for the first time in decades humanity has a decent leader.

I honestly think that this might be a good place to wrap up the arcs of Kerrigan and Raynor. We've seen Kerrigan as a genuinely good person in Rebel Yell, the brainwashed slave in Campaign 2, we see her as the heartless monster in brood war and WOL. We see her as the conflicted individual, the vengeful warrior who will do whatever it takes to get revenge, and finally as someone who is as close to a hero as a zerg can ever be (she was genuinely shocked when raynor came to help her so it's safe to say that at most he just reminded her what her selfishness had cost her, namely any chance at a normal life and happiness with the one person who actually cared for her). At this point I think we should focus on the new generation after Amon's fall (like how after NJO they should have moved away from luke and co but didn't which led to the eu going to shit.)
Old 03-23-2014, 08:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Yoggy View Post
I wouldn't go that far. In each campaign the race in question has been the focus. The Zerg were the focus in heart of the swarm the terrans in wings of liberty. They also said they delayed the game because they wanted to rework the missions and make them feel "protossy".

I suspect Kerrigan's stunt with Niadra's gonna come back and haunt her when she tries to ally with them, thereby finally getting called out on what she did on kaldir. As such, this makes any attempts at an alliance even harder than before. Zeratul has to find a way to appease various factions (Urun may want to reconquer Aiur and pledge support if you help. Someone else might think that's a waste of time and you have to choose which faction to help. Depending on who you choose you get certain types of units).

I think that Zeratul will have to somehow obtain the powers of twilight (maybe fusing with a khala archon) than merge with Kerrigan, creating a single perfect being. Than in the final battle we have an army of hybrids and either a pseudo boss battle with Amon or a cutscene where Kerrigan, Zeratul, or Keratul (if they fuse together) facing off with Amon in a cutscene that will be really beautifully done and which obviously consumed a lot of the budget). Something happens, Zerg and Protoss fuse, Xel'naga are reborn etc.

I liked Heart of the swarm's ending. Kerrigan and Raynor aren't together, but they both gracefully accept it. Kerrigan's finally made peace with her tormented life, Raynor's finally forgiven himself, and can work on rebuilding human civilization, since for the first time in decades humanity has a decent leader.

I honestly think that this might be a good place to wrap up the arcs of Kerrigan and Raynor. We've seen Kerrigan as a genuinely good person in Rebel Yell, the brainwashed slave in Campaign 2, we see her as the heartless monster in brood war and WOL. We see her as the conflicted individual, the vengeful warrior who will do whatever it takes to get revenge, and finally as someone who is as close to a hero as a zerg can ever be (she was genuinely shocked when raynor came to help her so it's safe to say that at most he just reminded her what her selfishness had cost her, namely any chance at a normal life and happiness with the one person who actually cared for her). At this point I think we should focus on the new generation after Amon's fall (like how after NJO they should have moved away from luke and co but didn't which led to the eu going to shit.)
Interesting opinion, glad to see someone else who is optimistic about Starcraft 2.

I mean it is not perfect, but if Warcraft was as good now as Starcraft is I would never complain about Warcraft... as is I am considered the chief Warcraft cynic of SoL, to put things into perspective.

I don't have the time nor the inclination to explain all the reasons why I think SC is miles ahead of WC. But lets just say that SC, despite everything, is still much, much more down to earth than WC. And it is also not so disgustingly idealistic as WC has become, it has that tinge of gray and dubiousness that makes fiction interesting. SC feels like it is going somewhere, the games and the expanded materials tell interesting and meaningful stories, while WC is gimped by both gameplay and the unwillingness of the developers to make bold decisions, they're too afraid to rock the status quo... Really in every single way, from gameplay to character depth, SC blows WC out of the water.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:19 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Interesting opinion, glad to see someone else who is optimistic about Starcraft 2.
Yoggy is an apologist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:24 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:

I mean it is not perfect, but if Warcraft was as good now as Starcraft is I would never complain about Warcraft... as is I am considered the chief Warcraft cynic of SoL, to put things into perspective.

I don't have the time nor the inclination to explain all the reasons why I think SC is miles ahead of WC. But lets just say that SC, despite everything, is still much, much more down to earth than WC. And it is also not so disgustingly idealistic as WC has become, it has that tinge of gray and dubiousness that makes fiction interesting. SC feels like it is going somewhere, the games and the expanded materials tell interesting and meaningful stories, while WC is gimped by both gameplay and the unwillingness of the developers to make bold decisions, they're too afraid to rock the status quo... Really in every single way, from gameplay to character depth, SC blows WC out of the water.
Agreed.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:40 AM

Banished

Quote:

I feel very much the same.

Diablo aswell. Both other Blizzard IPs utterly piss over WarCraft, and have done for awhile.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:18 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
I feel very much the same.

Diablo aswell. Both other Blizzard IPs utterly piss over WarCraft, and have done for awhile.
Before Diablo 3, I would have agreed with you, but Diablo 3 was a story-telling piece of shit.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:28 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Before Diablo 3, I would have agreed with you, but Diablo 3 was a story-telling piece of shit.
Oh I'm not saying Diablo (or StarCraft for that matter) are anywhere near perfect - they're not - but next to the train wreck-after-train wreck that is WarCraft, they're fucking masterpieces by comparison.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:35 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Oh I'm not saying Diablo (or StarCraft for that matter) are anywhere near perfect - they're not - but next to the train wreck-after-train wreck that is WarCraft, they're fucking masterpieces by comparison.
Ah, I agree. I will say that there is a troubling trend among the three Blizzard IPs, in which they are increasingly losing sight of the human element in favor of a grander cosmological scale of big bad evils (Amon, Burning Legion/Old Gods, Burning Hell/High Heavens) and prophesies. These things are fine in the far distant background, but they are increasingly moving to the forefront and marginalizing humanity and compelling characterization.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:38 AM

Banished

Quote:
Ah, I agree. I will say that there is a troubling trend among the three Blizzard IPs, in which they are increasingly losing sight of the human element in favor of a grander cosmological scale of big bad evils (Amon, Burning Legion/Old Gods, Burning Hell/High Heavens) and prophesies. These things are fine in the far distant background, but they are increasingly moving to the forefront and marginalizing humanity and compelling characterization.
Yeah I've had that feeling aswell, it's not nice I must admit. Stuff like that certainly can have it's place, of course, but as you say, it feels like it's becoming more and more the focus of all 3 IPs. :/
Old 03-24-2014, 10:51 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
So was Starcraft 2!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:36 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
The Zerg was the most character focused I've seen in StarCraft 2. StarCraft to me went from a diverse group of characters interacting together, to a few main ones (fan favorites) as they develop a larger role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:37 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
So was Starcraft 2!
WoL disappointed me because I expected more from Starcraft (based on SC1 and some books) and it had some really dubious plot points (everything about Tychus' mission and situation mostly) but still it was much better than Warcraft is. That is pretty much all that people are saying, that SC is miles ahead of WC even though it has its own problems. And yes, it did lose in quality somewhat in the sequels.

However it is good, enjoyable and it can keep my attention, it is decent in so many words. The story is sensible enough, and the universe is colorful (what with all that extra info in game, as well as in Project Blackstone), things are more realistic and that makes the characters and the whole setting more believable, it has enough stuff to work while Warcraft only makes me groan in frustration and sometimes laugh in incredulity at how bad things get.

And for me HotS was an improvement over WoL which is a great thing since when things get bad they generally keep getting worse, it is a positive impulse.

As a side note, I bet if WoW had more CGI cinematics it would be 20% better storywise in the eyes of the general crowd. I doesn't sway me as much but it really does bring the story to life, the CGI is so good you can almost believe those Leviathans and the Vikings attacking it are real.

Last edited by C9H20; 03-24-2014 at 11:39 AM..

Tags
speculation, starcraft