Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 05-24-2018, 05:48 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Default Sargeras Might Have an Get Out of Jail Free Card

Go ahead and take this with a healthy helping of Salt.

The Pantheon has physically bound Sargeras at the Seat of the Pantheon. Without Argus his Legion is Broken. He’s no longer a Threat, right?

But what if there’s still one sliver of his essence at large hiding in an exceedingly unlikely corner of the Cosmos, a place that probably shouldn’t exist........ but does?

I’m referring to Medivh. Not the Prophet wo rallied us against the Legion back in the Third War, but the possessed Mad Guardian who summoned the Horde to Azeroth.......... only, the Horde isn’t answering the phone right now.

I’m referring of course to the Medivh of the AU. If Garrosh’s meddling has effects on the Azeroth of that Timeway, then there’s an Azeroth where Medivh is still possessed, since summoning the Horde was a fairly large factor in him being exposed.

Now, I’m pretty sure both Medivh and Sargeras are 4th dimensionally aware enough to realize why no one on Draenor is picking up. They probably know that they are in a Timeway that shouldn’t exist, that should have either faded away or been folded back into the true Timeway. They also are probably aware of Sargeras’ incarceration.

So IF there’s an AU Azeroth, and IF that Medivh hasn’t been exposed and killed, Sargeras still has one last desperate card to play.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:36 AM

Elune

There was also that whole "Highlords of Azeroth" idea that could go with this, a darker version of the Alliance lead/influenced by Medivh attacking either our Azeroth or some other place (alt!Draenor for irony ranks highly ).

But yeah I think it is quite obvious that Sargeras will come back at some point, that is why they choose to lock him up and not kill him.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:04 PM

Arch-Druid

5 extensions from now he comes back with Illidan and Blizzard tell you time and time again that he was misunderstood and only wanted to save us.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:07 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

AU Azeroth is a head canon that people are attached to. We didn’t kill Sargeras because we can’t kill him. We don’t really need him to sell a Legion sequel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:50 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
AU Azeroth is a head canon that people are attached to. We didn’t kill Sargeras because we can’t kill him. We don’t really need him to sell a Legion sequel.
Breaking this down:
-AU Azeroth is most definitely Headcanon. However it’s pretty plausible Headcanon with no real barriers between it and true canon if that’s the story Blizz wants to tell.
- I most certainly agree, killing a massive guy who just impaled the planet really shouldn’t be in our wheelhouse. Nor do I think we should do it later. The only person I think should be landing that killing blow is Azeroth herself. That or we feed him to a black hole where he fights the Void Lords for Eternity.
- depending on what you meant by “Legion Sequel” I have two different replies
1. Expansion that is chronologically after Legion: obviously.
2. Expansion that follows up on plot lines established in Legion and heavily featured the Burning Legion. In that case, that’s not even where I think would be the best place to see it. I’m picturing more of a World of Warcraft: Infinity, where Sargeras Medivh conduct a successful temporal invasion and space time around Azeroth gets severely messed up. One with entire zones dedicated to key points in Azeroth History, and where we see Nozdormu’s transformation into Murozond. Maybe get either a race or class of Time-Tinkers where their starting zone is in the future. Sure, there’d be demons, but not a Legion. The Legion is gone. This is Sargeras with a desperate and reckless last resort, not a total come-back.