Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 05-29-2018, 04:12 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Default Bolvar is back for 7.3.5... what do?

Reader's Digest Version:

Boosted 110 Prot Paladin (human). Character sheet here:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ringer/orcbane

Open to suggestions for the following:

1. How to gear up quickly

2. What professions are worth pursuing now, and in BfA

But, mostly, the gear issue.

Help an old man out, will you?
Old 05-29-2018, 11:22 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post

#1 Priority - weekly events, like the weekly "win a pvp brawl" quest that's running right now

#2 Priority - Argus questline and then veiled argunite trade-ins

After that, you do World Quests and Mythic Dungeons / LFR. I personally find Mythic Dungeons more rewarding, but that's probably because I'm used to all of the M+ systems, so I wouldn't be the best person to comment on learning curve. Rotal might have some input on that.

Quote:
I honestly have no idea. My best profession choice in Legion was Cooking, but if I wanted to go hardcore all the way from the beginning, Alchemy would've been a far better option to make gold. Enchanting comes in handy oftentimes.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:03 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Human Icon (War3)

Quote:
Step 1 if you don't already have it: get flying done. Won't help you on Argus but it will help any future alts and profession / gearing World Quests. (I'm at work, i can't look up the armor-thing right now.)

Step 2: Complete Class Order storyline (Paladin is the best one anyway imo) up to and including Broken Front Grind Mount for more Followers and Legendary wearing capabilities.

Step 3: Grind out Argus Campaign and for Argus World Quests; combine Quest Armor and Argonite Vendor gear to enter LFR.

Step 4: Gear up as much as you can through LFR, proceed to do group content like Mythic Plus or regular raids at your pleasure.

Alternatively you could spend a couple of minutes doing regular Broken Isles World Quests for some worse gear just to not get shitfaced on Argus but the World Quest gear scales with your item level, i don't feel they're worth it for anything but disenchanting.

Spend a day or three doing every World Quest that gives high amounts of Artifact Power.

Try to get the mage tower challenge done before BFA. I'm reasonably sure that's where Paladins get the flail weapon model from. (It sure is for Warriors... and that thing'll be up tonight, i'll cry all night.)

Legendaries: basically do as many World Quests, Legion Assaults and Emissary Boxes as you can to increase your Bad Luck Protection rating. Even the shitty ones will boost you quite a bit.

Get a turtle pet. They bring loot luck. They're not supposed to but that's how it works for me. Saw Ashes of A'lar twice this week. Good week.

Quote:
Alchi / Flowerpicker for gold, Enchanter / Clothy for self containment and a little extra money. I don't think any professions are super helpful gear-wise anymore, not without an already existing alt-economy.

They're changing how profession skilling works in BFA so i'd halfway recommend not bothering with it anymore unless you're in it for goldmaking.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:26 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

How does one "get flying done"?

I thought that basically required clearing every zone, earning shitloads of rep, et cetera?

If I wanted to clear the entire expansion, I wouldn't have boosted the character in the first place.

I like the turtle idea, though. I'll get right on that.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:11 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
How does one "get flying done"?

I thought that basically required clearing every zone, earning shitloads of rep, et cetera?

If I wanted to clear the entire expansion, I wouldn't have boosted the character in the first place.

Yes. If you don't mind going on foot, there's absolutely no need to do all that shit, given that Argus is a no-flying zone and BFA will be for some good time as well.

Goblin Glider Kits are very useful in that regard, though.

If flying is an important thing for you, however, here goes the list:
  • Explore the 5 Legion questing zones (Broken Isles Explorer)
  • Complete all major storylines in the Broken Isles (Loremaster of Legion)
  • Complete 100 different World Quests (Variety is the Spice of Life)
  • Complete your Class Order Campaign (A Glorious Campaign)
  • Earn Revered with the 6 Broken Isles factions (Broken Isles Diplomat)
  • Complete Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One
  • Complete a Legion Invasion in each zone - available the week of April 4th (Defender of the Broken Isles) This has been hotfixed out.
  • Explore the Broken Shore (Explore Broken Shore)
  • Hit Revered with Armies of Legionfall (Legionfall Commander)

More info: http://www.wowhead.com/broken-isles-...r-flying-guide

I personally don't mind being able to fly only through gliding and similar effects. The game is pretty much very well enjoyable through ground mounts, and there's this class order talent that allows you to use mounted combat for extra fantasy roleplay enjoyment.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:34 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Right.

So, completed the Argus campaign. Had enough Veiled Argunite to get two armor pieces.

Question is - how quickly can you farm that currency for a full set? I recall the Timeless Isle tokens dropping like candy from a pinata, and being able to catch up a character in a few laps around the island hitting all the treasure chests...
Old 05-30-2018, 07:56 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
Right.

So, completed the Argus campaign. Had enough Veiled Argunite to get two armor pieces.

Question is - how quickly can you farm that currency for a full set? I recall the Timeless Isle tokens dropping like candy from a pinata, and being able to catch up a character in a few laps around the island hitting all the treasure chests...
I don't remember the exact time but I do recall being able to make two purchases per day when I was raiding Antorus. And that meant an extensive playthrough doing Argus invasions, World Quests and Class Hall missions.

I also remember being able to gear two warriors to ~920 within a week of starting the process at max level, but you should take my nerd addiction in consideration. One of those warriors was 950 by the end of the second or third week, that I can't accurately remember.

What is your end goal, Bolvar? Gear up, do M+ all the way to +15 and above, or normal/heroic/mythic raiding? I mean, you can work slowly on each of them, all at the same time, or focus solely in one of these.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:40 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
I don't remember the exact time but I do recall being able to make two purchases per day when I was raiding Antorus. And that meant an extensive playthrough doing Argus invasions, World Quests and Class Hall missions.

I also remember being able to gear two warriors to ~920 within a week of starting the process at max level, but you should take my nerd addiction in consideration. One of those warriors was 950 by the end of the second or third week, that I can't accurately remember.

What is your end goal, Bolvar? Gear up, do M+ all the way to +15 and above, or normal/heroic/mythic raiding? I mean, you can work slowly on each of them, all at the same time, or focus solely in one of these.
I'm.... not 100% sure. Whatever it is that needs to get done before the BfA pre-release patch (whatever the "ahead of the curve" achievement is).

I'm likely going to have to beg for a raid carry... I just want to be sufficiently geared to not embarrass myself.

My kid tells me iLevel 935 is the goal... so, that's roughly what I'm shooting for.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:49 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Your kid plays wow now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:15 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
I'm.... not 100% sure. Whatever it is that needs to get done before the BfA pre-release patch (whatever the "ahead of the curve" achievement is).

I'm likely going to have to beg for a raid carry... I just want to be sufficiently geared to not embarrass myself.

My kid tells me iLevel 935 is the goal... so, that's roughly what I'm shooting for.
These groups do weekly heroic argus for those who don't have ahead of the curve and are having trouble getting it http://friendshipbirb.com/

There's also this wowhead guide that addresses the stuff that are going away with BFA http://www.wowhead.com/what-to-do-be...le-for-azeroth
Old 05-31-2018, 01:18 AM

Arch-Druid

@Argunite:

Doing Rar mobs and Planet Invasions will mostly do the trick.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:43 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Videos like this
might be helpful with that one.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:56 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Your kid plays wow now?
He's 14. He has for years. Except now, he's actually pretty good at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
These groups do weekly heroic argus for those who don't have ahead of the curve and are having trouble getting it http://friendshipbirb.com/

There's also this wowhead guide that addresses the stuff that are going away with BFA http://www.wowhead.com/what-to-do-be...le-for-azeroth

This is exactly what I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
@Argunite:

Doing Rar mobs and Planet Invasions will mostly do the trick.
This is also exactly what I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Videos like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBT5T6fGbuM might be helpful with that one.

Seriously, you guys are pretty fucking awesome. If you ever need help burying a body, let me know.