Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 07-29-2017, 09:30 AM

Arch-Druid

Default Which features YOU would like to see next expansion?

Someone asked in MMO-C forums this question, so I answered there and got curious about yours.

Mine:

- (Very likely) Improved customization options for all races (body type, scars/tattoos, new hairstyles, beards, jewelry)
- (Likely) Sub-races
- (Likely) Revamped Worgen/Goblin models
- (Likely) Level scaling applying to entire open world. Zones have minimum levels, but scale up to previous expansion's max (so, next expansion they'll all go up to 110). You can level up alts anywhere.
- (Somewhat likely) Expansion focused on races, just like Legion was focused on classes.
- (Unlikely) Revamped 1-20 zones (they need an update, and the new questing areas could work as pre-expansion patch content as they'd scale up to 110).

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 07-29-2017, 02:33 PM

Arch-Druid

Dance studio.

What I really want is account wide reputations.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:33 PM

Arch-Druid

A sightseeing mechanic. You go to a landmark or some other notable feature and get a few short sentences of background lore about it added to a journal in the UI. They can expand it to the old world too, like for example the Stonewrought Dam.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:32 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

I don't know whether this qualifies, but I think I'd like to see a sort of Cataclysm 2.0.

That is to say, I think I'd like to see an expansion in which the old world's content (ideally, including Azuremyst and Quel'thalas) got another update to reflect the current state of affairs in both Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. I realize that's a tall order, but I believe that could do a heck of a lot to tie the world together, provided Blizzard learned a few lessons on what works and what didn't back in Cataclysm.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:43 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Some form of user-generated content. The playerbase consumers content faster than Blizz can make it. They should offload some of that onto us.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:41 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

New goblin and worgen models, AoL options for Draenei, account-wide reputations, uniforms like Anduin and Wrathion's, and two new races. If not new races, subraces or more customisation options.

Edit:
And if we get subraces, I want high elves, as silly as them being a human or night elven subrace may be.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
I don't know whether this qualifies, but I think I'd like to see a sort of Cataclysm 2.0.

That is to say, I think I'd like to see an expansion in which the old world's content (ideally, including Azuremyst and Quel'thalas) got another update to reflect the current state of affairs in both Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. I realize that's a tall order, but I believe that could do a heck of a lot to tie the world together, provided Blizzard learned a few lessons on what works and what didn't back in Cataclysm.
I'd like a level squish, honestly, in combination with making the entire world level scaled.

Let us choose where we want to level at any given moment with an entirely scaleable world and quest rewards that determine the stats based on your level. Let me go quest in Duskwood from level 84-85 instead of slogging my way through Uldum a hundredth time. Let me go do Pandaria at level 10, right after getting off the turtle with my new Pandaren.

There's so much that could be done if they invested in making _everything_ scale. It would breathe new life into leveling alts -- and better if they add world quests to old zones and regions on top of that.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:48 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Last edited by Krainz; 07-30-2017 at 01:52 AM..
Old 07-30-2017, 07:38 AM

Eternal

I honestly wonder if they'd actually do the level scaling in older zones or not. It just brings more attention to the fact that they're severely outdated.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:33 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
I honestly wonder if they'd actually do the level scaling in older zones or not. It just brings more attention to the fact that they're severely outdated.
Level scaling could even justify updates to old zones, as they'd be playable by max-level players.

I'd love if they updated at least the 1-20 zones. Seize the opportunity to make quests that explore each race's culture and relationship to allied races, as well as possibly introduce sub-races and political/cultural factions within each race.

The only ones who don't need a revamp are the timeframed race experiences: Goblin, Worgen, Pandaren. Update all the others.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:36 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

No more instanced starting zones for new races, unless you can explore their map afterwards. I hate not being able to uncover the map of Kezan and the Lost Isles on my non-goblins.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:41 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
No more instanced starting zones for new races, unless you can explore their map afterwards. I hate not being able to uncover the map of Kezan and the Lost Isles on my non-goblins.
I don't mind the instanced version as long as we return later to it in the main world. Unfortunately, this hasn't been the case for any (save Gilneas, but there's nothing there). I'd love if they made Gilneas a questing area. Would be cool if they remade all 1-20 zones and seizes oportunity to make Gilneas a leveling area as well (Goblins have Azshara to continue their storyline, Worgen could return to Gilneas).

I hope that we go back to Kezan/Lost Isles in a South Seas expansion...

Old 07-30-2017, 09:45 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I wish every day I could go back to Lost Isles. It's one of the prettiest zones.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:06 AM

Sentinel Queen

I just hope they revamp the TBC zones. They really stand out from the rest at this point and make leveling from 58-70 a real pain.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:17 PM

Sentinel Queen

Everybody's already mentioned most of the stuff I want (new races, more customization, scaling for old world zones, etc.) so for me that leaves:

-A fun way to get unused color palettes for mounts. There are so many different tints for the mounts in game that aren't being used. It's such a waste when some of them look better in a certain palette and the list just keeps growing longer with each patch.

-It'd never happen with the way gear works, but armor dyes.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:15 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

- Fully voiced questing in all zones. (Fat Chance in Hell. Really wished they let Belluar do his thang.))

- Subraces. (Likely)

-Expanded Capital cities like Darnassus, Ironforge and Undercity. It isn't 2002 anymore. (Unlikely)

-More RPG mechanics added into game. (Possibly)

Last edited by Melorandor; 08-02-2017 at 01:00 PM..
Old 08-02-2017, 11:49 AM

Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
- Fully voiced questing in all zones.

- Subraces.

-Expanded Capital cities like Darnassus, Ironforge and Undercity. It isn't 2002 anymore.

-More RPG mechanics added into game.
Yeah, all of those, but they really should remove all those ugly spikes from Orgrimmar. Garrosh isn't Warchief anymore.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:56 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Forgot to add player housing, also. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens; Orgrimmar and Stormwind being the multi-racial/cultural hubs of their respective factions.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:06 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Putting the old world in caverns of time as an alternate leveling route. Make it scale with the level, but you still need to reach the intended level for it to start scaling. That way you can't outlevel the zone.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:11 AM

Sentinel Queen

exploration.

Let us sail wherever we want to , not only in a future south seas expansion area, but add other small uncharted isles around northrend Kalimdor etc that we have to find , and undersea cavern to look for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:36 AM

Arch-Druid

Access to the removed content: pre-Cata world, removed quests, old versions of raids and dungeons. Old world can be made open via Caverns of Time. Removed quests from newer content can be unlocked via bronze dragons NPCs in specific locations of those questline. The same for old versions of dungeons.

Additional option for a scaled levels everywhere: from quest zones and world PvP locations to dungeons and raids.

And I just want to see all the other minor races from the Alliance and the Horde to be playable. Maybe even without giant questlines in new zones. It may not be as exciting as a usual WoW approach for new races, but we have Alliance high elves and furbolgs since forever, the same for Horde ogres and forest trolls. It won't harm anyone. I really dig the idea of playable naga and other variants that are usually considered by the devs, but c'mon.

I would call it the 8.x "The age of Timewalking".
Old 08-03-2017, 09:53 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
Access to the removed content: pre-Cata world, removed quests, old versions of raids and dungeons. Old world can be made open via Caverns of Time. Removed quests from newer content can be unlocked via bronze dragons NPCs in specific locations of those questline. The same for old versions of dungeons.

Additional option for a scaled levels everywhere: from quest zones and world PvP locations to dungeons and raids.

And I just want to see all the other minor races from the Alliance and the Horde to be playable. Maybe even without giant questlines in new zones. It may not be as exciting as a usual WoW approach for new races, but we have Alliance high elves and furbolgs since forever, the same for Horde ogres and forest trolls. It won't harm anyone. I really dig the idea of playable naga and other variants that are usually considered by the devs, but c'mon.

I would call it the 8.x "The age of Timewalking".
I could be mistaken, but hasn't Blizzard said they don't have the old world saved anywhere?
Old 08-03-2017, 10:14 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
I could be mistaken, but hasn't Blizzard said they don't have the old world saved anywhere?
They have, I think it was in regards to Hillsbrad when talking about the battleground. You can see this in Highmountain too: the Azshara you go to for Huln's quests isn't pre-Cata, it's post-Cata with the goblin buildings stripped bare. You can tell because the island Bilgewater Harbor sits on is there when it wasn't in vanilla.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:52 PM

Arch-Druid

Do new race/class combinations count as features? If so I have a list.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:30 AM

Eternal

Just the usual
- Ships
- Sub-races
- Worgen/goblin updates which they have on their to-do list
- new class/race combos
- Naga as a new race

Tags
expac, world of warcraft