Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-17-2018, 06:35 PM

Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
fucking making vulpera horde allied race because blizzard doesn't know how to do anything other than making the alliance do something "bad" to balance out their shit writing

meanwhile alliance will get 3 flavors of human because blizzard's creativity is shot

seriously that makes no sense I am legitimately angry at the sad sack of shit devs that pass for "story writers" horde will get a unique model race while alliance get MORE RESKINS YAY!
Well, it's supposed to be balanced by vulpera using the goblin skeleton and mechagnomes using the gnome skeleton, but I agree they should use something more unique for the gnome counterpart. What other creatures in-game use the gnome skeleton?
Old 10-17-2018, 06:45 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

I wish I could just walk away from the shit writing blizzard's turned to but I've put 11 years into this game and I can't sadly. But at the same time - the fuck?

also some people are speculating this sets up the snake dudes to be the Alliance allied race but...knowing Blizzard's sloppy track record with giving unique high quality models to the Horde and hilariously unfinished or reused skins to the Alliance I doubt that.

plus there are no other MMO's that attract my attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:52 PM

Sentinel Queen

the horde helps the vulpera against the attack of the alliance
Old 10-17-2018, 06:57 PM

Eternal

obviously this is just an excuse to have an incursion in vol'dun but

lmao

blizzard must have just smoked all the marijuana in Canada to put out writing this shoddy
Quote:
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:28 PM

Eternal

seriously fuck blizzard we all know what will happen vulpera and sethrak will join the horde because the evil oppressive alliance which somehow deserved being genocided against by the misunderstood horde while the alliance get fat humans and reskinned gnomes

because blizzard can't be bothered to hide their biases anymore. i am so pissed off i could punch the wall but why bother blizzard wants everyone to play the horde so they can be the noble savage and they can write the alliance as evil for defending itself and then do stupid OOC actions like the vulpera attack

fuck the writers fuck wow fuck everything
Quote:
Old 10-17-2018, 10:36 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quirnheim, don't double post and tone it down with the swear words.

Second, all of the currently available allied races are simply reskins with some unique customisation options. In the case of the Nightborne, even Blizzard was too dissatisfied with the result, so they opted to continue using the NPC model for new and old NPCs instead of the PC model. In fact, out of the eight playable and/or confirmed allied races, Kul Tirans are the most unique; that they don't suit out fancies (yours and mine) is another matter altogether.

Third, yes, the Alliance could also use an allied race that is not an offshoot of an already playable race. However, that we have not seen a sign of this happening yet is not evidence that it will never happen.

Finally, the Alliance is not evil for attacking the vulpera. At most, it is misinformed, but the blame for that can be laid at the feet of the vulpera. They were naive for believing that seemingly allying with the Horde and not making it clear that they are simply a neutral party that is cooperating with the Horde would not paint a huge target on their backs. If you wish to see a faction truly being portrayed as evil, look no further than the Horde. The days of the noble savage are long past, but oddly you don't seem to acknowledge that the Horde has been mistreated too.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:28 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
seriously fuck blizzard we all know what will happen vulpera and sethrak will join the horde because the evil oppressive alliance which somehow deserved being genocided against by the misunderstood horde while the alliance get fat humans and reskinned gnomes

because blizzard can't be bothered to hide their biases anymore. i am so pissed off i could punch the wall but why bother blizzard wants everyone to play the horde so they can be the noble savage and they can write the alliance as evil for defending itself and then do stupid OOC actions like the vulpera attack

lol y u mad tho
Old 10-18-2018, 01:09 AM

Eternal

it just boggles the mind that THIS is what the so called writers come up with

also come off it Nazja, you cannot sit there and tell me that the "void elves" and lightforged draenei - both poorly done reskins - are the same as nightborne, a unique model with good quality customization (I'll give you the highmountain tauren are a reskin but that's 2 reskins versus one)

for as long as I've known you you've always been sympathetic towards the horde but still, the jarring poor quality of the void elves and lightforged is pretty damn obvious
Quote:
Old 10-18-2018, 01:33 AM

See, I think the Nightborne model is the worst of the lot. While the night elf faces were slightly changed to look more Nightborne-like, it was not enough.

I'd take Lightforged and void elves over Nightborne any day.

Last edited by Nazja; 10-18-2018 at 01:36 AM..
Old 10-18-2018, 04:08 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqGJwgBnUkY
the horde helps the vulpera against the attack of the alliance
Alliance, Alliance-side: "Let's invade the main city of Zuldazar. Avoid civilian casualties, please."
Alliance, Horde-side: "Let's invade a freaking desert. Burn every hut of those little semi-neutral pests you find."

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 10-18-2018, 05:13 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Quirnheim, don't double post and tone it down with the swear words.

Second, all of the currently available allied races are simply reskins with some unique customisation options. In the case of the Nightborne, even Blizzard was too dissatisfied with the result, so they opted to continue using the NPC model for new and old NPCs instead of the PC model. In fact, out of the eight playable and/or confirmed allied races, Kul Tirans are the most unique; that they don't suit out fancies (yours and mine) is another matter altogether.

Third, yes, the Alliance could also use an allied race that is not an offshoot of an already playable race. However, that we have not seen a sign of this happening yet is not evidence that it will never happen.

Finally, the Alliance is not evil for attacking the vulpera. At most, it is misinformed, but the blame for that can be laid at the feet of the vulpera. They were naive for believing that seemingly allying with the Horde and not making it clear that they are simply a neutral party that is cooperating with the Horde would not paint a huge target on their backs. If you wish to see a faction truly being portrayed as evil, look no further than the Horde. The days of the noble savage are long past, but oddly you don't seem to acknowledge that the Horde has been mistreated too.
I’m sorry, but no. You can’t blame the Vulpera for what looks an awful lot like Alliance genocide against the Vulpera. The Alliance is responsible for what it does in war, and that includes doing its own diplomacy and intelligence gathering. They should be figuring out who their targets are and whether or not killing them actually fulfills a true military objective before they start killing them. At best they’re lumping the Vulpera in with Murlocs, Gnolls, and Kobolds as a mob race to clear from their path (and to be fair, the Vulpera who make up a significant part of the Bilge Rats would give that impression quite strongly). At worst they’re killing them because Horde heroes saved them from extinction at the hands of snake people and tried to stop an Old God minion from being resurrected at their side (naughty naughty Horde). I suppose if you really want to deflect responsibility for this away from the Alliance you can blame the Horde for escalating the war.

Really this is almost best for beat how the Darkspear were recruited to the Horde: Trolls = Vulpera; Kul’tiras = Alliance; Sethrak = Murlocs.

On a less serious note, I swear if anything happens to Dolly, Dot, or Meerah I will burn Stormwind down myself.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:25 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
See, I think the Nightborne model is the worst of the lot. While the night elf faces were slightly changed to look more Nightborne-like, it was not enough.

I'd take Lightforged and void elves over Nightborne any day.
To me, nightborne is clearly the model that got the most attention, but, because it's also the one that required more work, they couldn't make it as good as it should be since they were running against a deadline.

Nightborne is one of the reasons I thought they'd revisit and improve the allied races over time. All four preorder allied races need attention in some way or another.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:48 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:

vulpera uses the goblin model, kultiran have unique model
Old 10-18-2018, 06:59 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Oil

Quote:

For me the most shocking part of your tirade is the disparagement against mechagnomes - especially since it hasn't even been confirmed that they will even be an allied race.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:23 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
For me the most shocking part of your tirade is the disparagement against mechagnomes - especially since it hasn't even been confirmed that they will even be an allied race.
mechagnomes are rubbish they are just reskinned gnomes anyway. We all know they won't be any kind of quality like the horde side allied races are.
Quote:
Old 10-18-2018, 08:32 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
vulpera uses the goblin model, kultiran have unique model
Blizzard kinda damaged my hype for Kul Tirans a bit when they gave them just another moonkin model with ogre animations whereas Zandalari get a cool arakkoa form that's more visually unique from the moonkin recolors that other races get. It's not immediately killed, but I was hoping to play a Balance Druid that looked like a Leshen. Instead I will just not play Balance at all when I make a Kul Tiran Druid even though Feral and Guardian are in a garbage state right now.

Also their bellies are still way too cartoonishly large even by strongman standards and their overall design will still be more niche of an appeal compared to Zandalar and their Chad physique.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:56 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Old 10-18-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
The Alliance is responsible for what it does in war, and that includes doing its own diplomacy and intelligence gathering. They should be figuring out who their targets are and whether or not killing them actually fulfils a true military objective before they start killing them.
You are right that the Alliance share's responsibility and I was a tad too critical of the vulpera. But if all the cues they are getting from the vulpera (and Zandalari) indicate that they're allied of the Horde, how are they meant to draw other conclusions? They are misinformed. Perhaps even due to their own neglect. But that does not make their actions evil, merely wrong and misguided.

WOW has some genuinely evil characters, but not all questionable actions are a result of evil. Especially not in a war that has already cost your faction so much.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:46 AM

Loremaster

What's especially weird about the vulpera thing is that the Alliance and Horde are both friendly with the Devoted, who in turn are allied to the vulpera through their mutual enmity toward the Faithless.

If benefiting from the Horde player trying to stop the Faithless were enough to invite eradication by the Alliance, then Vorrik and his sethrak would be targeted as well. But since this feels an awful lot like a hamfisted "Alliance suddenly becomes genocidal for no good reason" excuse to drive the vulpera to join the Horde and fight in a faction war they shouldn't care about, there's seemingly little narrative reason or logic behind it.

Plus it's not like the vulpera (or even the Zandalari exiles) are actually helping the Horde. They're helped by the Horde player, but aside from the common good of trying to stop Mythrax's revival, that's a fairly one-sided affair. Once Korthek is out of the way and the plot moves on to Nazmir, the Horde player leaves them behind to deal with their own continued liberation. There's never any particular sense that the Horde player's efforts in Vol'dun had earned the Horde faction a bunch of new allies.

Last edited by ARM3481; 10-18-2018 at 11:01 AM..
Old 10-18-2018, 10:55 AM

Eternal

you're right ARM it doesn't make any sense. Suddenly we expect to believe the alliance is going to randomly attack the vulpera for no reason? I'm sure the Horde peanut gallery will be all "LOL ALLIANCE IS RACIST" because of it some how(peddling that bullshit consistently since 2004) but it also lacks any logical stand point.

with Anduin the way he is there is no way this would be something they would allow let alone sanction.
Quote:
Old 10-18-2018, 11:42 AM

Sentinel Queen

Old 10-18-2018, 11:45 AM

Eternal

Meanwhile the jumping through hoops by the horde losers begins; because genocide and destroying an entire races's homeland is fine but attacking the vulpera in a not-at-all not a genocide is LITERALLY worse then Teldrassil

fucking losers
Quote:
Old 10-18-2018, 01:41 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
https://i.gyazo.com/145f8bdb60ab9344d277acdbdd7f86dd.jpg
And nothing of value was lost.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:39 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Meanwhile the jumping through hoops by the horde losers begins; because genocide and destroying an entire races's homeland is fine but attacking the vulpera in a not-at-all not a genocide is LITERALLY worse then Teldrassil

fucking losers
I have to agree.

I mean, Alliance's actions are not even worst than what happened at Brennadan alone, where there were murdered civilians all around.

Last edited by Deicide; 10-18-2018 at 03:42 PM..
Old 10-18-2018, 04:20 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I have to agree.

I mean, Alliance's actions are not even worst than what happened at Brennadan alone, where there were murdered civilians all around.
In my case, what I dont like is that Blizzard doesnt allow any side to face the dubious shit they do against the other side. Like, The horde campaign in Stormsong never even touches Brennadan, but for the Alliance is a HUGE storyline. Its almost like they took the wrong lesson from the mess at Taurajo and decided players should never face the consequences of their factions ever again. This is the biggest reason i just laugh at the shit Sylvanas pulls and just roll with it, because I know I will never face the hard consequences from the shady stuff, and always be the hero, despite whatever our leader and the opposite faction sees.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft