Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 04-15-2014, 09:25 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
As much as I love the Crusader, I would rather see Blizzard pull character classes from the previous games and not just a line-up of D3 classes. How about the Necromancer (who would have honestly been far more appropriate than the Witch Doctor for All-Stars)? Or the Rogue?
Or the Paladin!
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 04-15-2014, 09:45 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
Or the Paladin!
not sure if serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:45 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I'd think Gallywix should be his own hero, sitting on a big goblin-style spider-tank type thing.
Gallywix should not be a hero, unless its a skin for Gazlowe.

It should be made clear that Gallywix needs to die.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:49 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
Gallywix should not be a hero, unless its a skin for Gazlowe.

It should be made clear that Gallywix needs to die.
Like Sylvanas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:52 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Like Sylvanas?
More then Sylvanas.

At least, the Horde was obligated to help the Forsaken by the Earthen ring, and Sylvanas is competent.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:53 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Quote:
More then Sylvanas.

At least, the Horde was obligated to help the Forsaken by the Earthen ring, and Sylvanas is competent.
Gallwix seems pretty competent to me. He's managed to stay alive and in power despite all the stuff that he's pulled. He's also turned the Bilgewater in to a pretty powerful Cartel.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:55 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
Seems pretty competent. He's managed to stay alive and in power despite all the stuff that he's pulled. He's also turned the Bilgewater in to a pretty powerful Cartel.
No.

He only managed to stay in power because Thrall had the dunce cap attached that day.

Virtually everyone in the cartel was shown to hate him, and Gallywix was outsmarted countless times in the starting zone, having to constantly rely on the mercy of the goblins.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:59 AM

Elune

Crossed Swords (War2)

Quote:
No.

He only managed to stay in power because Thrall had the dunce cap attached that day.

Virtually everyone in the cartel was shown to hate him, and Gallywix was outsmarted countless times in the starting zone, having to constantly rely on the mercy of the goblins.
And despite all that he was able to stay in power.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:01 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
And despite all that he was able to stay in power.
Because Thrall was an idiot who reappointed him despite everyone hating gallywix, Gallywix's own incomptence, Gallywix being a traitor, and trying to kill Thrall moments earlier.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
Because Thrall was an idiot who reappointed him despite everyone hating gallywix, Gallywix's own incomptence, Gallywix being a traitor, and trying to kill Thrall moments earlier.
Despite Thrall not being the best judge of character, Gallywix staying is impressive. He was able to convince Thrall to let him stay despite everything he had done. Even after Thrall he was able to stay in charge through Garrosh and now Vol'jin. I don't think someone as incompetent as you say would be able to do that.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:06 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Despite Thrall not being the best judge of character, Gallywix staying is impressive. He was able to convince Thrall to let him stay despite everything he had done. Even after Thrall he was able to stay in charge through Garrosh and now Vol'jin. I don't think someone as incompetent as you say would be able to do that.
You're attributing his staying to competence and not bad writing, this is a mistake.

We hear what he says to Thrall, it's not convincing in the least.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 04-15-2014, 12:06 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
His words for getting thrall to spare him were just "Uncle, Uncle, I Give up!"

Hardly the words of a charismatic leader.

Basically Gallywix is only staying for now anyway, because Blizzard is being utterly lazy.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:09 PM

Elune

Quote:
You're attributing his staying to competence and not bad writing, this is a mistake.

We hear what he says to Thrall, it's not convincing in the least.
In game dialog isn't all that fleshed out. Gallywix's time to go would have been back there on the Lost Isles. Getting rid of him now just seems pointless to me.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:12 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
In game dialog isn't all that fleshed out. Gallywix's time to go would have been back there on the Lost Isles. Getting rid of him now just seems pointless to me.
Or SoO

But yeah with those two opportunities gone it sadly seems like he's here to stay.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 04-15-2014, 12:13 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Or SoO

But yeah with those two opportunities gone it sadly seems like he's here to stay.
We can still kill him off in a novel or other event.

But yeah, perfect example of how Siege Of Orgrimmar is utter trash, is Gallywix being kept/replaced as a boss with Blackfuse.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:39 PM

Arch-Druid

Gallywix is a good cartel leader from what we can tell. Selfish and moneyloving and his cartel is radically successful... especially after joining the Horde. Bilgewater Harbor, multiple Bilgewater installations all over the map now, etc. He's done well as a leader since being "rehabilitated" with a few knocks to the head.

Blackfuse was interesting in his own right. I would've loved to have seen more from him before he died. At least his legacy lives on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:41 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post
Gallywix is a good cartel leader from what we can tell. Selfish and moneyloving and his cartel is radically successful... especially after joining the Horde. Bilgewater Harbor, multiple Bilgewater installations all over the map now, etc. He's done well as a leader since being "rehabilitated" with a few knocks to the head.

Blackfuse was interesting in his own right. I would've loved to have seen more from him before he died. At least his legacy lives on...
He's a good goblin leader, just not for the playable goblins.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 04-15-2014, 12:43 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post

No Gallywix is not a good leader, but a fool who got lucky.

While ruthlessness, greed, and self-serving are good traits for a goblin to have, Gallywix takes them too far to the point of stupidity. Gallywix made an enemy of everyone, the only people willing to stay loyal to him were Hobgoblins too stupid to know they were being taken advantage of.

Gallywix didn't even get his position from being smart, but from Thrall wearing his dunce cap that day.

As Gazlowe, Sassy, and the Entire Steamwheedle Cartel show, it can be smart to make allies and treat your direct employees well, a happy employee is far less likely to betray you, and can inform their boss about plots against them.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:37 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
No.

Like Sylvanas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:45 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Shandris skin for Tyrande
Shandris isn't a priestess (though I guess given some of the other skins, that might not matter). Shandris would make more sense as an alternate skin if they added one of the other rangers. Alleria or Vereesa or something.

I really hope the rumours of Kel'thuzad, Vashj and Jaina are true. Pretty iconic WarCraft heroes and lots of potential for abilities/hero concepts there. Also nice to see Jaina looking more like her iconic self. With the hood and cape.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:42 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Shandris isn't a priestess (though I guess given some of the other skins, that might not matter). Shandris would make more sense as an alternate skin if they added one of the other rangers. Alleria or Vereesa or something.
In the Malfurion/Shandris short story she used priestessy powers IIRC.

Unless it's been retconned. Actually, I'd like it if the whole thing were...

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 04-16-2014, 07:03 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post

I really hope the rumours of Kel'thuzad, Vashj and Jaina are true. Pretty iconic WarCraft heroes and lots of potential for abilities/hero concepts there. Also nice to see Jaina looking more like her iconic self. With the hood and cape.
what rumours? I dont remember anything about KT but Jaina and Vashj are confirmed to be there/confirmed to be there eventually by audio respectively.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:35 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
No Gallywix is not a good leader, but a fool who got lucky.

While ruthlessness, greed, and self-serving are good traits for a goblin to have, Gallywix takes them too far to the point of stupidity. Gallywix made an enemy of everyone, the only people willing to stay loyal to him were Hobgoblins too stupid to know they were being taken advantage of.

Gallywix didn't even get his position from being smart, but from Thrall wearing his dunce cap that day.

As Gazlowe, Sassy, and the Entire Steamwheedle Cartel show, it can be smart to make allies and treat your direct employees well, a happy employee is far less likely to betray you, and can inform their boss about plots against them.
Ah, Gazlowe... That one Goblin who is practically Horde aligned already, and has closer relations to Horde leaders than Gallywix ever did or likely will. Gazlowe. A Goblin with decency and honour, who will be helping to build Horde garrisons in WoD.

Remind me again why he isn't the Horde Goblin racial leader?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:14 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Ah, Gazlowe... That one Goblin who is practically Horde aligned already, and has closer relations to Horde leaders than Gallywix ever did or likely will. Gazlowe. A Goblin with decency and honour, who will be helping to build Horde garrisons in WoD.

Remind me again why he isn't the Horde Goblin racial leader?
its more affordable to be neutral. also its not racial, its a cartel. you have Bob iger(ceo of Disney) telling warner bros how to do things?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:23 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
its more affordable to be neutral. also its not racial, its a cartel. you have Bob iger(ceo of Disney) telling warner bros how to do things?
I don't get that. The alliance has a huge industrial base in the dwarves and gnomes, and both humans and nelves have ships of their own, it should be a lot cheaper for them to make things domestically than utilize anything from the goblins.

There's a reason exclusivity happens irl, it -works-, it's not always better to sell to everyone, since sometimes selling to just one company or group and enjoy the security from that.

My Worldbuilding:

Tags
fanwank, heroes of the storm, heroes of the swarm, moba