Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 10-02-2014, 07:14 AM

Elune

Map Hearthstone Screenshots!

So yeah, a thread to spam our pictures in. I have a lot of funny/cool moments to share, and I imagine others do too, but I'd rather not post all that fluff in the main HS page.

To start off, I got a nice pack today so I figure I share all the cool packs I got recorded:

Name:  Draw.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  159.0 KB
Name:  Nice Drop 1.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  158.0 KB
Name:  Nice Drop 2.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  164.6 KB
Name:  Nice Drop 3.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  162.0 KB

The oldest one is March 10th, I am playing since early December so there might have been other packs but I didn't record those : /
Old 10-02-2014, 11:55 PM

Arch-Druid

The opponent either coined out a mana wraith T1 or played it T2. We then had a gentlemen's agreement to keep it alive till the end of the game. Kodo was basically a dead card in my hand, but he kept my cat alive.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:47 AM

Elune

So in this one, things went bad for me. Somehow (I forgot how exactly) my opponent used some combination of his and my Fuggens+Stalaggs to get double Thadius while I had jack squat. On top of that he played another Stalagg! Seeing how I was fucked either way, I killed that Stalagg and quit the game while he had 3 Thads.

Name:  Welp, That Happened.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  240.3 KB

And here is the mysterious Pandaren boot that sometimes grows out of the ground, took the screenshot just to prove I was not crazy

Name:  BOOT!.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  225.5 KB
Old 10-03-2014, 04:55 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Quaero#1875

Silly?

Absolutely.

Satisfying as hell?

You bet.
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2014, 01:33 AM

Elune

I know that feel, when something is not a good idea but you just have to do it anyway. Something like this:

Name:  MINION ANGRY!!!.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  214.9 KB

Also as some of you know I am a fan of Secrets Mage, and so here are some goodies:

Name:  Secrets Fuck You.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  233.2 KB

This is how it looks when the cards align, the guy is 66% likely to lose even if he brawls and he tries to cast a spell but NOPE.jpg About as much of a fuck you as it gets.

Name:  New Secrets.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  242.2 KB

The previous one was a pre-naxx Secrets Deck, this is my new deck, and Naxx-era Secret decks are much stronger ... (though I do have my objections to some of the new cards)
Old 10-12-2014, 05:17 PM

Elune

Well, with him having 1 card and me having 3 cards and a board state like this:

Name:  Hearthstone_Screenshot_10.13.2014.02.13.43.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  164.4 KB

... it doesn't get much closer than that.

i swear if I didn't top deck that 1 dmg via Thalnos I would have punched the monitor.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:38 AM

Echo of the Past

Not much to see here, but it's special to me. My simple Paladin deck, which consists of Basic cards and a Spellbreaker, went toe-to-toe against a Warrior with friends.

I had solid board control, but then he played Ragnaros. Fortunately I had the aforementioned Spellbreaker and a Humility, so I brought him down to a 1/8 and wailed on him a little.

That was a mistake, because he threw out Kel'Thuzad and made sure Ragnaros was sent to his death. So even though I killed off Kel'Thuzad by the end of my next turn, he already had a fresh Ranaros on the board again.

My minions worked and took the Firelord down, and by then we were on even terms. But then he played Deathwing.

My boys got Deathwing to one hit point, but they couldn't take him down. Uther did that himself. Goodnight, gentle prince.

EDIT: Grrr... screw these guys, I'm using Sludge Belcher.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 12-03-2014 at 01:44 PM..
Old 12-03-2014, 02:09 PM

Eternal

The first picture was me being merciless towards a mage. The second was perhaps my best round. I was facing a warrior who had 26 health to my 6. He got me down to 2, and then I somehow turned it around to win.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2014, 07:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Not much to see here, but it's special to me. My simple Paladin deck, which consists of Basic cards and a Spellbreaker, went toe-to-toe against a Warrior with friends.

I had solid board control, but then he played Ragnaros. Fortunately I had the aforementioned Spellbreaker and a Humility, so I brought him down to a 1/8 and wailed on him a little.

That was a mistake, because he threw out Kel'Thuzad and made sure Ragnaros was sent to his death. So even though I killed off Kel'Thuzad by the end of my next turn, he already had a fresh Ranaros on the board again.

My minions worked and took the Firelord down, and by then we were on even terms. But then he played Deathwing.

My boys got Deathwing to one hit point, but they couldn't take him down. Uther did that himself. Goodnight, gentle prince.

EDIT: Grrr... screw these guys, I'm using Sludge Belcher.
Rough, but such fights are very satisfying. I once ran into a full control warrior (similar to the one you fought but even harder) with my cheap shaman on the America servers. It was a long battle but eventually I was able to out-value and out-skill him (they are easy-ish to beat if you know how they operate). He was so impressed he befriended me after.

Btw, don't put in Belchers : / They are death to my fun decks, just so much value and tempo loss, it's easily becoming one of my least favorite cards. So boring and everyone and their grandmother seems to run it, all decks all ranks

Just kidding, a good beginner deck like yours would greatly benefit from them. Plus I don't play on America servers much so more Belchers doesn't hurt me :-P

Btw, since we're in the pic thread: sometimes Handlock works indecently well:

This is my own "fun" version of handlock loaded with legends, that is why it has odd stuff like Gruul, KT,Y'sera, ect as opposed to a more meta (/snooze) handlock.

Last edited by C9H20; 12-03-2014 at 07:30 PM..
Old 12-23-2014, 09:26 PM

Sentinel Queen

Unfortunately I couldn't get a screenshot without the speech bubble. I almost neglected to get one at all because I was laughing so hard. I was playing my random shenanigans Priest deck against a Warrior. Turn 4 I play Mind Games and get Baron Geddon. Worked out pretty well for me for a couple turns, but I felt that keeping him around was risky, plus he prevented me from playing most of my minions. So turn six I Recombobulate Geddon, and get Malorne. Turn 7 I Faceless Malorne, and the Warrior concedes.

It was the most beautiful display of hilariously unfair RNG I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:43 AM

Arch-Druid

Not today motherfucker.
Attached Images

Last edited by Quaero; 12-24-2014 at 12:45 AM..
Old 12-26-2014, 04:45 PM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Art lining up like this always feels so good
Old 12-26-2014, 08:38 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaero View Post
Not today motherfucker.
Okay, what happened here? I'm trying to figure out how he took so much damage between the two screenshots.

Did... did the Acolyte of Pain card make him draw cards? How did that happen?

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 12-26-2014 at 08:41 PM..
Old 12-26-2014, 10:12 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Okay, what happened here? I'm trying to figure out how he took so much damage between the two screenshots.

Did... did the Acolyte of Pain card make him draw cards? How did that happen?
There are some turns between the first and second screenshots.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:40 AM

Elune

Seems Blizzard wanted to say sorry for the long legendary drought I've been experiencing lately... even this is not enough to make up for that torment

Also when I got this pack, at first I was super pissed off because the first card I opened was Mal'Ganis, because MG was my only other GvG legendary and to get a duplicate against all odds, after months of no legendary drop, well it was infuriating. But then I opened Sneed and things got better
Old 01-18-2015, 08:11 AM

Sentinel Queen

According to Warcraft lore, the first Paladins were priests who received martial training. In this case, the priest stole the knowledge from another Paladin.

He conceded the next turn when I cast Lay on Hands.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:04 PM

Sentinel Queen

Just finished a game that allowed me to experience some Thaddius shenanigans.

I think we can all reasonably assume that someone felt pain. Specifically pain in the immediate future.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:55 AM

Elune

Love it.

It was really fun the first few days of Naxx when everyone was running Stalagg/Feugen and much craziness was had. But then minMAXers concluded that those cards aren't uber optimal and everyone cut them : /
Old 01-26-2015, 07:20 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
I think we can all reasonably assume that someone felt pain. Specifically pain in the immediate future.
With an attack of 11, surely Death would have been more useful for removal.

Waka waka waka.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:56 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Love it.

It was really fun the first few days of Naxx when everyone was running Stalagg/Feugen and much craziness was had. But then minMAXers concluded that those cards aren't uber optimal and everyone cut them : /
I run them in my deathrattle Hunter deck (and yes, I do feel a bit dirty admitting that I have a deathrattle Hunter deck), because of Feign Death. Then again, I'm someone who is willing to sacrifice some optimization for a sufficient amount of fun.

Quote:
With an attack of 11, surely Death would have been more useful for removal.

Waka waka waka.
I actually don't run either, funny enough. I only play Priest for shenanigans, and there's not enough room to run both shenanigans and Shadow Words. The only real ways my Priest deck can deal with threats is Mind Control, Cabal Shadow Priest, Shadow Madness/Young Brewmaster, Shadow Madness/Recombobulator, Thoughtstealing my opponent's Polymorph/Hex/Death/BGH, and hoping my MC Techs steal the right minions or my Piloted Shredder summons a Doomsayer.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:48 PM

Sentinel Queen

A screenshot of a match I did in Blackrock Mountain based on a Youtube video I saw.

"A natural mistake."
Old 04-03-2015, 06:44 PM

Elune

Without the Gadgetzan it wouldn't even be lethal though

I might try it with mage though, put those 2 pyroblasts to good use.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:54 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Without the Gadgetzan it wouldn't even be lethal though
That's the point of the deck, since the Gadgetzan is the only minion in it. Enemy plays Millhouse, and you use whatever means you can to get the Gadgetzan on the board that turn so you can then proceed to play the entire deck.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:22 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:22 PM

Elune

I imagine a game like that makes it hard being Chillman

Anyhow:

Name:  Hearthstone Screenshot 04-10-15 01.46.24.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  171.9 KB

The zanny Ragnaros deck worked perfectly on 2nd try, got my Iceblock in before playing Majordomo. The hunter marked Majordomo, killed it and then rushed to kill me but failed to pop Iceblock, next turn I Alexstrasza myself to 15 (it breaks the 8 max ). And it was pretty much smooth sailing from there. I was also a cheeky bastard and let him live an extra turn so I could BM him more, had he topdecked Flare I would have lost... it'd still be worth it

Name:  Hearthstone Screenshot 04-10-15 01.46.31.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  223.4 KB

Tags
bragging rights, hearthstone, screenshots