Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 12-13-2014, 04:54 PM

Mountain Giant

Default Next Hearthstone "Adventure"

So I just finished Naxxramas. Didn't pay for a thing with real-world currency. i grinded out the 700 coins per wing through dailies and I must say I was pleased with the pacing of it all. I finished the final wing a few days after Goblins vs. Gnomes had launched. Perfect timing. With that being said...

What do you guys think the next adventure-themed expansion will be?

I'm hoping its similar to Naxxramas in its format, though I hope it'll further delve into the conflict between the races that the set was named for.

Assault on Undermine

I got to thinking about how Naxxramas was built from a previously established raid and wondered if the opposite could ever be true. Could they potentially introduce characters (or in some cases remind us of old goblin and gnome heroes that might have been forgotten) to foreshadow a raid for future content in WoW.

It could further expand the mech mechanic, or maybe even take it in an entirely new direction... Dragons and Pirates... There are already a bunch of dragon-types in game and the goblins once forged Deathwings armor...

With the mech mechanic being better interpreted in Goblins vs. Gnomes, maybe the other lesser mechanics will see some love in an adventure and An Assault on Undermine could serve as a way to add flare to both of those mechanics and maybe even a murloc bit for good measure...

Whaddya think?

Old 12-14-2014, 01:12 AM

Eternal

I think a Blackrock Foundry adventure would be neat. Also has a lot of bosses for it.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:43 AM

Elune

Karazhan should be next, so many awesome things in there.

More TBC stuff would be cool too, it would add a lot of neutral demons besides Illidan which could be interesting. Likewise if cards like Harvest Golem could gain MECH then old cards can gain UNDEAD and we can have another undead themed adventure/expansion (probably Icecrown).
Old 12-14-2014, 03:35 AM

The Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post

More TBC stuff would be cool too, it would add a lot of neutral demons besides Illidan which could be interesting. Likewise if cards like Harvest Golem could gain MECH then old cards can gain UNDEAD and we can have another undead themed adventure/expansion (probably Icecrown).
Undead would be cool, though it does seem as though Blizz is broadly treating the Deathrattle mechanic as being analogous to undeath as far as flavor goes (pretty much all minions that interact with the mechanic are either undead-flavored such as Undertaker, or centered around fighting the undead such as the Scarlet Purifier).

On topic though, I think AQ could make for a pretty nifty adventure. Distinct flavor, some pretty unique boss mechanics, and high potential for unique cards.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:57 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Undead would be cool, though it does seem as though Blizz is broadly treating the Deathrattle mechanic as being analogous to undeath as far as flavor goes (pretty much all minions that interact with the mechanic are either undead-flavored such as Undertaker, or centered around fighting the undead such as the Scarlet Purifier).
Well I'd say its more broad than that, simply dealing with death. Like Highmane is alive, it is just that he gets eaten by Hyenas when he dies Ickyfeel and Loothoarder are also alive but when they die shit happens. New minion types also does seem to be the easiest way to introduce new viable deck types, most of the ones we have now have been pretty much there since beta.

It is possible they are saving undeath for the DK when and if they go with that class. Though I still wish HS first explores classes that are in the lore but not in WoW, like, Tinker, Necromancer, Spellbreaker, ect.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:10 AM

Elune

Karazhan assuming people aren't fatigued of Undead.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:26 PM

Banished

Idk but i wish the Black Harvest council got cards so we could see them all
Old 12-14-2014, 02:34 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Karazhan assuming people aren't fatigued of Undead.
I am fatigued of the undead, but I've been ready to re-do a Medivh boss fight for years.

I mean, can you imagine it? You start the battle, and his side of the board is already filled with active Secrets just waiting to be triggered.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:59 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I mean, can you imagine it? You start the battle, and his side of the board is already filled with active Secrets just waiting to be triggered.
Actually, I kinda love that idea!

Bosses aside, what themes could a Karazahn adventure bring to the game?

I agree that another undead adventure might overdo it a bit but why couldn't it be demon-centric rather than undead. Surely there's more than enough ideas to spin 50 or so cards.

Personally, I want a legendary Arcanecgos (name? Don't judge... I can't remember lol) with some sort of Deathrattle to summon Netherbane...

Old 12-17-2014, 05:03 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I am fatigued of the undead, but I've been ready to re-do a Medivh boss fight for years.

And then you play Flare.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:24 AM

Mountain Giant

So rumor has it that the next adventure is gonna be Blackrock Mountain themed bc of the recently revealed card backs.

Heres hoping for a Finkle Einhorn legendary

Old 03-03-2015, 10:54 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarin View Post
So rumor has it that the next adventure is gonna be Blackrock Mountain themed bc of the recently revealed card backs.

Heres hoping for a Finkle Einhorn legendary
Finkle Einhorn technically already exists.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:55 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

It will likely be something nearsighted no one wants like Highmaul or some shit.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:53 PM

Mountain Giant

Pretty sure the rumors are true though. Since I made that last post, there's now a lava elemental that's randomly popped up on the hearthstone webpage. And I read somewhere that there's another teaser somewhere with an image. The image, while it doesn't really reveal anything, the text included reads "Adventure awaits... It's dangerous to go alone."

Adventure awaits makes me think it's def a new adventure mode they're releasing. The second line could mean that we might get some form of multi-player in adventure mode, or (and I feel this is much more likely) it is simply a reference to a long-removed quest from WoW, called "Its Dangerous To Go Alone which was a breadcrumb quest leading up to... [drum roll] you guessed it... Blackrock Mountain!

Regardless, we'll know for sure this Friday after PAX...

Old 03-04-2015, 02:26 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarin View Post
Regardless, we'll know for sure this Friday after PAX...
Maybe not. Yet I can't guarantee that the leaks are real.

http://i.imgur.com/etVRj5c.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/G3EygFg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LXfzCyJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4XycP8g.jpg
http://i38.servimg.com/u/f38/16/43/78/41/zbraau10.jpg
Old 04-13-2015, 09:34 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

I'm thinking a Troll or Old God expansion, or an AQ, Burning Crusade, or Ulduar adventure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:37 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Karazhan, sounds great. BC Auchindoun would work nicely. Tanaris perhaps?
Old 04-28-2015, 08:47 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
Finkle Einhorn technically already exists.
What might be interesting is having more cards that can summon him, not just Chromaggus

This'd be neat to see for other 'summoned' cards too so they can show up a bit more often.
EDIT:

As for other adventures, we've got Naxx and Blackrock... I'm hoping for ZG or AQ next.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-07-2015, 09:50 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Thinking about it, the best candidate for the next adventure is Tempest Keep. It's a nice dungeon cluster. Naaru style game board. Kael'thas taunting about how we don't get an A'lar card. Nice variety between Mechenar, Arcatraz, Botanica, and the Eye.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:00 PM

Elune

*checks watch, taps foot*

Stiiiiiill waiting on Kharazhan, though I'm getting a bit pissed off about now.

I also know many others would really enjoy Ulduar, and I wouldn't mind it either because I have most of the mechs and improving on that collection would be pretty sweet. Ahn'quiraj is another cool idea.

Also it's a cool idea to speculate on what new content might come and what it might contain:

-More undead dungeons and expansions. As much as I love seeing new tribes, I'm note sure it's a good idea. The Undead as a tribe would likely be chock full of Deathrattles and I don't even wanna contemplate the cancer a DR oriented expansion + tribe would bring to the game. Plus the more tribes are added the harder it becomes to keep up with them because each major expansion needs at least one card for each tribe. This expansion is likely to be a bad idea therefore.

-Old God stuff, is probably fine as an adventure but as an expansion theme it would probably introduce way too much RNG for everyone's tastes. Possible mind control flavor too, but that is generally not fun either.

-Burning Legion, lots of demons, who would likely be strong tempo cards, and probably with high risk high reward style. Could also feature other non-Azerothian creatures. Especially ones from the Twisting Nether and Outland, because of that it could also feature powerful spells (legendary spells time?). I think this could be a very good expansion.
Throw in fel orcs as a pseudo-tribe (like ogres or troggs) and you could also have an enrage sub-flavor. Though the fel orc dungeons could make for a decent adventure as well.

-Horde vs Alliance, could set up two mega tribes, the factions themselves, that don't synergize as directly as current tribes but can be added on top of existing cards and tribes (there would be a small faction sign on every card that belongs to one), for example Iron Juggernaut would be both a Mech and a Horde minion. You could get a slight bonus of some kind for having all minions be of the same faction(either with synergy cards or with a bonus pseudo-card like The Coin) and maybe count the hero too.
Anyway lots of flavor and characters here, but not too much specific content and may be a bad idea to bring in WoW's factionalism to HS (for the community's sake).

-I've always been fond of the Mongrel Horde idea, where the "creep" races of Azeroth rise up, tired of being killed by adventurers. It was a WoW expansion idea so there might be concept art for it to use. There would be plenty of tribes and pseudo-tribes, much more of the latter of course. It could give us plenty of different cards, differently looking creatures, lots of named creatures and it would be very relaxed and fun in character as befitting HS. I like this one a lot.

-Pandaria, the pandas would be a tribe for sure. Likely highly synergistic and tempo oriented (to fit in with bouncing pandas like Youthful Brewmaster). Would likely push tempo decks, primarily rogue which deserves some love. Again lots of characters and minions to pick from, lots of bonus things to bring in some non-panda variance (mogue, yaungol, jinyu, etc).
Could come with a monk hero as one of the major features. This is another expansion I think is a good pick.

I have more ideas but I won't go on unless someone else wants to join the conversation.

Last edited by C9H20; 09-07-2015 at 12:05 PM..
Old 09-07-2015, 12:03 PM

World Builder

We jumped from Vanilla to Grand Tournament so I dunno if there's any particular order, anything could go.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-07-2015, 12:25 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

I want Ulduar!
Old 09-07-2015, 12:52 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Karazhan or Ulduar are the most likely. I can see demons becoming a more generalized type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:08 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Undead Icon (War3)

They need to add Death Knights to the game, so doing some more Scourge/Icecrown stuff after the Grand Tournament sounds reasonable.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:26 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Imo, Ulduar is less likely than other raids because of GvG. Mech fatigue is a real thing.

Tags
gameplay, hearthstone