Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 01-20-2015, 07:11 PM
Skullcrusha Skullcrusha is offline

Eternal
Skullcrusha's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,337

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
The lore for the Pharaoh skin for Tassadar is interesting.

Hope we get more skins themed after the battlefields.
It'll be interesting to see the Diablo 3 map and the skins for that.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-20-2015, 07:44 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Elune
Gurzog's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 13,990
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Rexxar Ice will be fun to see. Cho'gall and Zul'jins skin is something I want too.. Obviously Grommash and Garrosh will be skins for the blademaster.
__________________
Btag is Hulk#23939
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-20-2015, 09:31 PM
Aldrius Aldrius is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Aldrius's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,955

Default

Actually I think Grom/Garrosh will probably be their own hero.
__________________
"The Demons did their job well. You creatures are as reckless and bloodthirsty as they ever were."
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-20-2015, 09:35 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Elune
Gurzog's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 13,990
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

they lready have like 15 warrior heroes or so.
__________________
Btag is Hulk#23939
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-20-2015, 09:58 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,118

Default



Has this already been posted?


EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Rexxar Ice will be fun to see.
Ice?
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-20-2015, 10:04 PM
Volkrin Volkrin is offline

The Digger
Volkrin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 9,019

Default

Another cool thing about the Nexus is that, in addition to allowing characters from different franchises and dimensions to interact, it also allows characters from the same continuity to interact in ways they never could have otherwise. Uther can have it out with the Lich King Arthas after the two get stuck on the same team, or Asmodeus can have an awkward conversation with Diablo about the latter's upcoming struggle with gender dysphoria. Raynor and Tychus can sit around and reminisce about old times while Jim tries to carefully skirt around the delicate matter of him killing his old friend to save the Queen of Blades. The possibilities are wonderful!

EDIT: And of course, as I was typing that someone posts a video detailing that exact concept
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-20-2015, 10:13 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,118

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Another cool thing about the Nexus is that, in addition to allowing characters from different franchises and dimensions to interact, it also allows characters from the same continuity to interact in ways they never could have otherwise. Uther can have it out with the Lich King Arthas after the two get stuck on the same team, or Asmodeus can have an awkward conversation with Diablo about the latter's upcoming struggle with gender dysphoria. Raynor and Tychus can sit around and reminisce about old times while Jim tries to carefully skirt around the delicate matter of him killing his old friend to save the Queen of Blades. The possibilities are wonderful!

EDIT: And of course, as I was typing that someone posts a video detailing that exact concept
*high fives*


EDIT:

Wow, apparently Murky is a young, eloquent, yet hatefilled and vengeful murloc.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 01-20-2015 at 10:37 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-21-2015, 12:25 AM
Egrem Egrem is offline

Ranger
Egrem's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 366

WarCraft 3 B.net Eyeball

That makes sense, based on Murky's trailer.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-21-2015, 12:57 AM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Elune
Gurzog's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 13,990
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post


Has this already been posted?


EDIT:



Ice?
http://www.heroesnexus.com/forums/he...ill-voiceovers

http://www.heroesnexus.com/forums/he...esting-info#c3

I am guessing Garrosh is a Thrall skin? :S maybe the hellhammer was meant to be garrosh.
__________________
Btag is Hulk#23939
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-21-2015, 04:43 AM
Porimlys Porimlys is offline
Porimlys's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,977
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Default

If Garrosh is just a skin I am going to throw a hissy fit the likes the world has never seen
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-21-2015, 07:29 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,027

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Has this already been posted?
When/how do these dialogues happen? Just automatically in the background, as you play the mission?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-21-2015, 07:32 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,118

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post

I am guessing Garrosh is a Thrall skin? :S maybe the hellhammer was meant to be garrosh.
What makes you say that?
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-21-2015, 09:12 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,027

Default

Just listened to them all. Pretty fun. Though too bad there wasn't an interaction between Thrall and Nazeebo (reminding him of Vol'jin), or Uther and Tyrael (an archangel whose name includes Tyr), or Illidan and Valla (hello, two demon hunters?!)

After hearing Diablo and Azmodan interact with their games' heroes, it would've been entertaining to have them accidentally refer to Jaina or Uther as a nephalem... thinking they were a Wizard or Crusader. The Diablo baddies might also have a word from Thrall and Rehgar, who presumably have their own opinions on demons.

EDIT: And hey. It's difficult to interpret the dialogue between Thrall and Jaina as to whether both of them come from the modern day or not (they could arguably have come from the "cold war" period just after Warcraft III, in which they weren't on the same side but weren't enemies either). But Uther... it's almost like Uther remembers that he was killed!

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 01-21-2015 at 09:18 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-21-2015, 10:12 AM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Elune
Gurzog's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 13,990
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
What makes you say that?


this but it lists quotes referring to garrosh to both garrosh and thrall.
__________________
Btag is Hulk#23939
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-21-2015, 10:29 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,118

Default

Probably an error.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-21-2015, 11:43 AM
Egrem Egrem is offline

Ranger
Egrem's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 366

Orc Icon (War3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
If Garrosh is just a skin I am going to throw a hissy fit the likes the world has never seen
I could see Samuro as a WC3-style blademaster, Grom as a Tryndamere-style berserker, and Garrosh as a tank with Sha powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Though too bad there wasn't an interaction between Thrall and Nazeebo (reminding him of Vol'jin), or Uther and Tyrael (an archangel whose name includes Tyr), or Illidan and Valla (hello, two demon hunters?!)
Illidan and Valla have some lines for killing each other.

Illidan: You would never have survived my training.
Valla: Foolish is the hunter who consorts with prey.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-21-2015, 12:14 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,027

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrem View Post
Illidan and Valla have some lines for killing each other.
Whoa, that's a much wider coverage! I may have to play Zul'jin just to hear him say all those things. Maiev taunts Tychus for being a prisoner... Malfurion makes a remark about Demon Hunters when he gets Valla... Skeleton King makes one about Paladins when he gets Uther.

Uh oh. When Rexxar kills Jaina...

"Hmph, that's two Proudmoores down."


SHOTS FIRED! SHOTS FIRED!!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-21-2015, 02:55 PM
Porimlys Porimlys is offline
Porimlys's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,977
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrem View Post
I could see Samuro as a WC3-style blademaster, Grom as a Tryndamere-style berserker, and Garrosh as a tank with Sha powers.
If they included all three I wouldn't give Garrosh a Sha kit, I'd give him a battlefield commander kit. Summons Kor'Kron, Siege weapons, etc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-21-2015, 03:04 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,118

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Whoa, that's a much wider coverage! I may have to play Zul'jin just to hear him say all those things. Maiev taunts Tychus for being a prisoner... Malfurion makes a remark about Demon Hunters when he gets Valla... Skeleton King makes one about Paladins when he gets Uther.

Uh oh. When Rexxar kills Jaina...

"Hmph, that's two Proudmoores down."


SHOTS FIRED! SHOTS FIRED!!
That is Cold, makes me sad Tandred isn't canon though
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-21-2015, 03:51 PM
Volkrin Volkrin is offline

The Digger
Volkrin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 9,019

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrem View Post
I could see Samuro as a WC3-style blademaster, Grom as a Tryndamere-style berserker, and Garrosh as a tank with Sha powers.



Illidan and Valla have some lines for killing each other.

Illidan: You would never have survived my training.
Valla: Foolish is the hunter who consorts with prey.

Brightwing (Faerie Dragon) --- Deathwing --- "That is what you get for causing cataclysm to happen!"


Deathwing


... Ummm... Hrmm...


How? For fuck's sake, his goddamn heroic could amount to him just stepping on the entire bloody battlefield!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Porimlys Porimlys is offline
Porimlys's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,977
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Default

Finally a use for that cool humanoid form?

Maybe it'll be Madness of Deathwing flailing about in the base sending tentacles to the lanes lol.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-21-2015, 05:16 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,027

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Brightwing (Faerie Dragon) --- Deathwing --- "That is what you get for causing cataclysm to happen!"


Deathwing


... Ummm... Hrmm...


How? For fuck's sake, his goddamn heroic could amount to him just stepping on the entire bloody battlefield!
Is Deathwing an alternative skin for Brightwing, or someone else?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-21-2015, 09:40 PM
Aldrius Aldrius is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Aldrius's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,955

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
they lready have like 15 warrior heroes or so.
They're adding heroes of all kinds pretty evenly. Plus the Blademaster is more likely to be an assassin.

Also Grom has TONS of potential for non-Blademaster based kits...

There is almost 0% chance of Grom just being a skin.
__________________
"The Demons did their job well. You creatures are as reckless and bloodthirsty as they ever were."
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-22-2015, 12:41 AM
RikuEru RikuEru is offline

Priestess of the Moon
RikuEru's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bonn, Germany
Posts: 575

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post

- In the timeline in which Illidan became Shan'do and Malfurion became Betrayer, Tyrande became Mal's Warden and leader of the Watchers. I wonder... who became High Priestess there? Maiev, maybe?
Those 3 skins point at a flaw in our timeline.
Just like the description says, Illidan was born with the golden eyes. He really SHOULD've become the first druid, if the whole "golden eyes = predestined for a higher purpose"-thing held true.
The timeline those 3 came from might even be more 'correct', than our own. Or something horrible happened and the Legion won the Third War or even earlier.

And Yes, a highpriestess Maiev Skin should probably be the first one added for her, if she makes it into the game someday. (But they'll need extra voice-files for those alternative skins!)
__________________
"You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the Grim Reaper."
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-22-2015, 02:03 AM
Aldrius Aldrius is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Aldrius's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,955

Default

Quote:
Just like the description says, Illidan was born with the golden eyes. He really SHOULD've become the first druid, if the whole "golden eyes = predestined for a higher purpose"-thing held true.
God. What a stupid revelation that was.

And it just went to show how little attention Knaak paid to the actual setting.

EVERY male Night Elf had golden eyes in WC3 and WoW. Every single one.
__________________
"The Demons did their job well. You creatures are as reckless and bloodthirsty as they ever were."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blizzard, lore

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.