Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 01-22-2015, 07:39 AM

Echo of the Past

Mogor helped reopen the Dark Portal once. You know you're in trouble when you have to rely on an ogre.

LIES! CALUMNIES AND LIES!

Mogor had no role in helping to reopen the Dark Portal. He had his own scheme involving a collection of Death Knights and a mysterious powerful spell, a spell we'll never know about because Ner'zhul pwned him and stole his Death Knights. Saying that Mogor helped reopen the Dark Portal is like... like saying that the murlocs helped Thrall flee to Kalimdor.

Mogor's role in the Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal game:

Ner'zhul has discovered how the rift was first formed and now covets the idea of not only reopening the gateway into Azeroth, but of creating new Portals and seeking out even more worlds to control. You must subjugate an order of Death Knights who have secured the knowledge needed to rebuild the Dark Portal. The renegade Ogre-Mage Mogor, of the Laughing Skull clan, has taken control of these dark soldiers and is seeking to create a powerful spell with the aid of their necromantic magic. His life is also forfeit.

Mogor's role in the World of Warcraft: Beyond the Dark Portal novel:

Absolutely nothing. Mogor who?

Mogor's role in the World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade expansion:

He is alive, and you kill him.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:01 AM

World Builder

Master Skins apparently still have lore, I thought they'd removed them.

http://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Jaina#Skins

Quote:
First worn by the great champions who ventured into the Molten Core to defeat Ragnaros, the Arcanist Regalia has become a symbol of mages who have mastered the Arcane.
'

EDIT: Hmm, might be wrong, still none for Gazlowe.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 01-22-2015 at 10:11 AM..
Old 01-22-2015, 04:08 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Yeah I love how they're giving some lore to the tier sets. Even if it's a bit humorous.

Quote:
The Defense mecha Cyb'arak designed by Frozen Throne technologies has proven instrumental in the defense of the African continent against the Kaijo monsters.
Da fuck?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:46 AM

Ranger

Gold (War3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Master Skins apparently still have lore, I thought they'd removed them.
You can find them in the shop... but only if you have the hero in question at level 10.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:06 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Yeah I love how they're giving some lore to the tier sets. Even if it's a bit humorous.

Da fuck?
The mech Anub'arak comes from the same universe as Kaijo Diablo. It's apparently some bizarre version of Earth where various characters from the Blizzard franchises live in some kind of Tohou scenario.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:47 PM

Elune

And what's this about Luxoria or whatever?
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:40 PM

World Builder

Quote:
The land ruled by Pharaoh "Ta'sadar" threatened by sand Zagara

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-23-2015, 02:49 PM

Arch-Druid

It's also where the battleground Sky Temple takes place.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:33 PM

Elune

[QUOTE=Aldrius;1253260]God. What a stupid revelation that was.

And it just went to show how little attention Knaak paid to the actual setting.

EVERY male Night Elf had golden eyes in WC3 and WoW. Every single one.

They were druids. Practicing gives gold eyes. Or. If you get even further, green eyes, like malfurion.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:29 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

Quote:
It's another world in the Nexus universe, though I don't think we heard the name spelled out. There are just references to Luxorian [Stuff], so the world is called Luxor or Luxoria or some other variant. It's an Egyptian-themed world where the Sky Temple and that upcoming tomb map take place.

The first world in the Nexus universe was never named, even by proxy. It's where all the pre-Sky Temple maps presumably take place. I don't think there are playable heroes or skins that are meant to come from that one.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:41 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
It's another world in the Nexus universe, though I don't think we heard the name spelled out. There are just references to Luxorian [Stuff], so the world is called Luxor or Luxoria or some other variant. It's an Egyptian-themed world where the Sky Temple and that upcoming tomb map take place.

The first world in the Nexus universe was never named, even by proxy. It's where all the pre-Sky Temple maps presumably take place. I don't think there are playable heroes or skins that are meant to come from that one.
I dunno, I think Ravencourt, and the Haunted Mines are one world, while Dragonshire and Nightswood's Garden is another.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-24-2015, 01:07 PM

Elune

So how many alternate worlds are there in Nexus so far? At least major ones. You have a Transylvania version of Kerrigan and the Demon Hunter.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-24-2015, 05:01 PM

Ranger

Orb of Frost

Quote:
Cursed Hollow: As one of the first and most ancient realms pulled into the Nexus, the realm of Raven Court has grown large and prosperous over the millennia. The province of Cursed Hollow, a gothic landscape of twisting villages and farmlands, serves as an ideal trial grounds for the Heroes of the Storm.

Haunted Mines: Far from the Cursed Hollow, on the very borders of Raven Court, lie the Haunted Mines. Sealed beneath a shadowy graveyard, the undead clamor to be released from their earthen prison.

Dragon Shire: These lush and deceptively peaceful gardens have grown over time, covering the once molten realm known as Dragon Spire. Beneath this verdant paradise, the ancient power of the dragons was sealed away... and their descendants have neither forgotten nor forgiven the trespasses of those who wronged them.

Blackheart's Bay: The ghost pirate Blackheart has staked his claim upon the realm of Mistharbor. His undead pirate crew has poured onto the streets, claiming the once thriving marketplace as their new den of villainy.

Garden of Terror: Once the royal gardens were a splendor to behold. But lately a shadow has fallen over them... Writhing tendrils creep across the grounds at night, and a number of servants have disappeared while walking its twisting paths. Queen Nightshade claims to be unaware of these incidents, but some are beginning to suspect she has gone mad.

Sky Temple: Floating above the vast desert sands of Luxoria, the Sky Temple serves as a center of worship for the snake god, Ka. He stores his great power within the temples, each of them secured by guardians. With such defenses, no warriors would think to seize the god's power for themselves... or would they?
In a Developer Q&A, Dragon Shire was said to part of King's Crest, a fairy tale realm of knights and lords and ladies. So it looks like we have the following realms...

King's Crest:
- Areas: Dragon Shire, Garden of Terror
- NPCs: Queen Nightshade

Raven Court:
- Areas: Cursed Hollow, Haunted Mines
- NPCs: The Raven Lord
- Skins: Countess Kerrigan, Harlequin Nazeebo, Vampire Hunter Valla

Mistharbor:
- Areas: Blackheart's Bay
- NPCs: Blackheart

Luxoria:
- Areas: Sky Temple, Tomb of the Spider Queen
- NPCs: Ka the Snake God
- Skins: Crypt King Tassadar, Desert Queen Zagara, Luxorian Monkey Brightwing
Old 01-24-2015, 05:52 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrem View Post
King's Crest:
- Areas: Dragon Shire, Garden of Terror
- NPCs: Queen Nightshade

Raven Court:
- Areas: Cursed Hollow, Haunted Mines
- NPCs: The Raven Lord
- Skins: Countess Kerrigan, Harlequin Nazeebo, Vampire Hunter Valla

Mistharbor:
- Areas: Blackheart's Bay
- NPCs: Blackheart

Luxoria:
- Areas: Sky Temple, Tomb of the Spider Queen
- NPCs: Ka the Snake God
- Skins: Crypt King Tassadar, Desert Queen Zagara, Luxorian Monkey Brightwing
I like to think the Dragon Knight's flame powers were meant to keep Nighshade and her plants under control...

Wondering how the Raven Lord fits into the vampire story with Kerrigan

What do you think a new Mistharbor Battleground might be like?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-24-2015, 06:07 PM

Elune

I don't know how to feel about them making new areas instead of existing areas as battlegrounds. I kind of like how Super Smash Brothers just uses old things for the sake of nostalgia.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:09 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
I don't know how to feel about them making new areas instead of existing areas as battlegrounds. I kind of like how Super Smash Brothers just uses old things for the sake of nostalgia.
Both can be neat.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-24-2015, 06:17 PM

Elune

Quote:
Both can be neat.
I would really like a Sci Fi level in space. Having a level on Earth would be really cool because both Starcraft and Overwatch have Earth.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

It seems King's Crest was renamed Dragon Spire, the realm that was once molten and now is a verdant paradise.

They said that a Diablo-based BG is being planned. I like one of their designs, with the Nexus abridging the High Heavens and the Burning Hells.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 01-24-2015, 07:24 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
It seems King's Crest was renamed Dragon Spire, the realm that was once molten and now is a verdant paradise.

They said that a Diablo-based BG is being planned. I like one of their designs, with the Nexus abridging the High Heavens and the Burning Hells.
Guessing the humans used Nightshade and her forces to overwhelm the dragons?

Ha, grass beat fire type.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-25-2015, 12:00 AM

Ranger

WarCraft 3 B.net Eyeball

Quote:
Wondering how the Raven Lord fits into the vampire story with Kerrigan
I'm guessing the Raven Lord cursed the countess with vampirism. He seems like a jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
I thought it was just the one area that was renamed (from Dragon Spire to Dragon Shire) after the dragons were sealed and the gardens grew.

Quote:
Guessing the humans used Nightshade and her forces to overwhelm the dragons?
It seems like the dragons were sealed away in ancient times, whereas the corruption of the royal gardens (and the madness of the queen) is a recent development.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:25 AM

Elune

I like all of these environments Blizzard has made, especially the 16th century European nobility ones (Dragon Shrine, Gardens of Terror) and Raven Court ones (I like the rural 18th century flavor). I can't wait to see what other areas they can create.

However I do not like them adding new types of maps. Instead add new "skins" for existing map types, so instead of Sky Temple being a new map with new objectives and tactics to learn, it could have been a reskin of Dragon's Shrine with the summoned unit being that awesome temple guardian or w/e.

That said, areas I'd like them to do are something spacey from SC or futuristic like SC. Ideally a space platform like tileset and a huge city tileset (that can be an Earth map like PJ wants too).
Old 01-25-2015, 10:36 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
I like all of these environments Blizzard has made, especially the 16th century European nobility ones (Dragon Shrine, Gardens of Terror) and Raven Court ones (I like the rural 18th century flavor). I can't wait to see what other areas they can create.

However I do not like them adding new types of maps. Instead add new "skins" for existing map types, so instead of Sky Temple being a new map with new objectives and tactics to learn, it could have been a reskin of Dragon's Shrine with the summoned unit being that awesome temple guardian or w/e.

That said, areas I'd like them to do are something spacey from SC or futuristic like SC. Ideally a space platform like tileset and a huge city tileset (that can be an Earth map like PJ wants too).
They're both neat but I'm hoping we get more than medieval fantasy

I want some more places with a Ziggaraut feel.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-25-2015, 10:55 AM

Elune

Quote:
They're both neat but I'm hoping we get more than medieval fantasy

I want some more places with a Ziggaraut feel.
You know what else could be cool? A Twisting Nether map with KJ as the host, that'd be pure awesome for me. It's not out of the question because of the mystical nature of the Twisting Nether, there is also the fact that Nexus is kinda this place where anything goes so...

Other entities that could have a map:

-A map with titanic scenery, with one of the pantheon titans as the host!

-Same deal but for an Old God, nightmarish map with a tentacled narrator.

-Xel'naga map with ancient/protoss architecture, Amon or another Xel'naga as host

-Arcturus Mengsk for <bullshit reason> hosting a version of Korhal that got sucked into the Nexus.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:06 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
You know what else could be cool? A Twisting Nether map with KJ as the host, that'd be pure awesome for me. It's not out of the question because of the mystical nature of the Twisting Nether, there is also the fact that Nexus is kinda this place where anything goes so...

Other entities that could have a map:

-A map with titanic scenery, with one of the pantheon titans as the host!

-Same deal but for an Old God, nightmarish map with a tentacled narrator.

-Xel'naga map with ancient/protoss architecture, Amon or another Xel'naga as host

-Arcturus Mengsk for <bullshit reason> hosting a version of Korhal that got sucked into the Nexus.
I dunno about having existing characters as narrators but yeah, using a mix of existing settings for battlegrounds could be neat.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-25-2015, 11:31 AM

Elune

Quote:
I dunno about having existing characters as narrators but yeah, using a mix of existing settings for battlegrounds could be neat.
I admit, I am a huge KJ fanboy and I think his devious and arrogant personality would make for a perfect battleground narrator. I also think he would torment the champions more than your usual host.

So I mostly want KJ to narrate, I am not passionate about the other stuff I've mentioned though it could be fun. More so than shadowy lords we've never heard of that we have now. And again, it is not like Nexus is a serious setting and if it's fun then why not do it.

Tags
blizzard, lore