Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 01-24-2018, 10:13 PM

Mountain Giant

Default What would you see happening for an "Ultimate Warcraft"?

For those not in the know:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Marvel

Ultimate Marvel, later known as Ultimate Comics, was an imprint of comic books published by Marvel Comics, featuring re-imagined and updated versions of the company's superhero characters from the Ultimate Universe. Those characters include Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Avengers and the Fantastic Four. The imprint was launched in 2000 with the publication of the series Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate X-Men, providing new origin stories for the characters.

There's the movie, but that's not really the same. I mean, Blizzard, in-house, doing an attempt to reimagine Warcrart in a familiar, yet different way. It's (sorta) a reboot, if not a full one anyway.

Where does it go? How would the characters we know be transformed (see Ultimate Hulk being a cannibal, Ultimate Hank Pym being a serious wife beater, etc.)? Where could it really branch apart?

Note: Also, you can put in suggestions too.

Last edited by Cacofonix; 01-25-2018 at 12:36 AM..
Old 01-24-2018, 10:30 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Interesting one.

I would prefer characters to be consistent first. No dead characters coming back from death.

Ultimate Illidan probably should not get the treatment in BC, he should stay as a dark anti hero instead of true villain.
Ultimate Arthas should be much more menacing than he was in WotLK.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:48 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
I would prefer characters to be consistent first. No dead characters coming back from death.
I'm not sure that personal preference is a factor in the question, at least not how it was constructed.

The question asks what Blizzard, current day Blizzard would do with a reboot, and to an extent, we have our answer, especially with how Blizzard has backed off of certain elements that existed in the series before in order to favor a mostly black and white, Orcs vs. Humans approach.

I can think of no better example of this than the Orcs.

In Warcraft III, we had the Orcs torn between a vision promoted by Thrall, and a destiny of bloodlust promoted by Grom. This was a major debate in the wake of the demon blood, and the Reign of Chaos campaign plays it out beautifully in my opinion, with this taunt of "you're the same as the demons were" being thrown at Grom first by Cenarius, and then by Mannoroth. It was a powerful statement on the Orcs and how they were able to move past what the demons had intended for them, and set them on a good path forward.

Then Blizzard turned up with Garrosh as if to say "Hey fam, that whole meaningful story about the Orcs turning a new leaf after the demon blood? That's great and all, but here's an uncorrupted Orc and he doesn't need demon blood to be awful! Isn't that delightful? Oh, not enough? Well, here! Here are all the orcs before demon blood and... whoops, looks like they didn't need demon blood after all to be evil genocidal maniacs! Orcs are just evil, guys and gals!"

Obviously I found what I regard to be a negative example, but I don't have a stellar opinion of this team in the first place. If they had their way with prior lore, I imagine that Warcraft I and II would have been left very much the same, except that the High Elven elements of II would have seen intrusion from the human elements. Warcraft III meanwhile, would have been butchered for simplification's sake, and to better mesh with decisions that the company made in Cataclysm and beyond.

Last edited by Kyalin V. Raintree; 01-24-2018 at 10:51 PM..
Old 01-25-2018, 01:26 AM

World Builder

Ultimate Marvel felt a bit... well it felt forced-edgy to me.

Black Widow killing Hawkeye's family, Hank Pym spraying wasp with bug spray to torture her, Blob apparently ate some folks? Etc...

I wouldn't mind a revamp of the setting in a new light or something as a concept but I'm wary of exactly HOW

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-25-2018, 03:53 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I wouldn't mind a revamp of the setting in a new light or something as a concept but I'm wary of exactly HOW
Old 01-25-2018, 08:05 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

That's a terrible idea. You're a terrible idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:07 AM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
I'm not sure that personal preference is a factor in the question, at least not how it was constructed.

The question asks what Blizzard, current day Blizzard would do with a reboot, and to an extent, we have our answer, especially with how Blizzard has backed off of certain elements that existed in the series before in order to favor a mostly black and white, Orcs vs. Humans approach.

I can think of no better example of this than the Orcs.

In Warcraft III, we had the Orcs torn between a vision promoted by Thrall, and a destiny of bloodlust promoted by Grom. This was a major debate in the wake of the demon blood, and the Reign of Chaos campaign plays it out beautifully in my opinion, with this taunt of "you're the same as the demons were" being thrown at Grom first by Cenarius, and then by Mannoroth. It was a powerful statement on the Orcs and how they were able to move past what the demons had intended for them, and set them on a good path forward.

Then Blizzard turned up with Garrosh as if to say "Hey fam, that whole meaningful story about the Orcs turning a new leaf after the demon blood? That's great and all, but here's an uncorrupted Orc and he doesn't need demon blood to be awful! Isn't that delightful? Oh, not enough? Well, here! Here are all the orcs before demon blood and... whoops, looks like they didn't need demon blood after all to be evil genocidal maniacs! Orcs are just evil, guys and gals!"

Obviously I found what I regard to be a negative example, but I don't have a stellar opinion of this team in the first place. If they had their way with prior lore, I imagine that Warcraft I and II would have been left very much the same, except that the High Elven elements of II would have seen intrusion from the human elements. Warcraft III meanwhile, would have been butchered for simplification's sake, and to better mesh with decisions that the company made in Cataclysm and beyond.
WC III's tone should be the core of the franchise.

However, I don't think Garrosh and his ppl were a good example. The orcs are like the humans, they got good and evil individuals. Even in WC3 Grom admitted that they accepted the blood willingly.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:01 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Ultimate Marvel felt a bit... well it felt forced-edgy to me.
That's Mark Millar for you. Mind you, it's not "Ultimate Marvel" in itself. I don't think Ultimate Spider-Man, for example, was that much darker than the mainstream. It's when The Ultimates rolled around that shit hit the fan.

As for the main subject of the thread, I'm not sure if we are to say what we think Blizzard would do or what we would do ourselves. Since the first options is not interesting enough, though, I'll share some ideas of my own.

- Undo the Eredar retcon.

Now, the Draenei from BC-era forward are hands down my favorite race from the WC universe, and I used to resent people who complained about the retcon of Eredar lore and say they should never have existed. Lately, though, I changed my mind about it. You see, when Lothraxxion appeared and we were introduced to the idea of a Light-infused demon, my interest was picked. Imagine the possibilities! Heroic centaur-dreadnoughts based on the Annihilan! Kind Shivarra! Redemeed Succubi! Brightguards! Good Ereda... Wait. We had those already. They were the Draenei.

But they don't feel like Eredar. A poster here, can't recall who, said it recently, but current Eredar don't feel special at all. They are... Mobs. Just that. Playable Draenei are not significantly more powerful than other playable reasons, for obvious reasons. Velen is a racial leader like any other... But this is a race that was ancient 25,000 years ago. Way before the Kaldorei Empire dreamed of existing, they were already at the top, powerful enough to draw the attention of a Titan, to convince said Titan to recruit them for his generals... And some of the Eredar from back then are still alive and kicking... So why they aren't just steamrolling Azeroth?

Having playable Eredar brought them down. In the end, the race of super sorcerers from which Sargeras recruited his most powerful and trusted underlings became mobs. That can't go on. So, unfortunately, Draenei as we know them have to go.

I would include some rumors, though. About some guy who was once up there with Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, as powerful and wicked as the both of them put together, but that one day was just... Gone. Left the Legion, left everything, and followed the soft whispers who seemed to call from the beginnings of time itself. Even now, members of the Legion whisper the name of the Prophet, Velen, and the promise of redemption and deliverance he represents.

- Make the world wider.

Ever since Chronicles came out, the universe is getting smaller and smaller.

Consider. Before, the Titans were uncountable. The Pantheon were only their leaders but there were many, many more. Not only that, they were still out there, in the universe, ordering worlds, and could maybe be counted to come back one day.

Now, we have only seven of them, ten if you want to include unborn and stillborn ones, and most are dead.

Before, when playing the Arcatraz, you got a glimpse of how huge the universe was. Worlds uncountable, races, planets, strange civilizations... Azeroth was small compared to the vastness of outer space. What promises it held, back then.

Come Legion, Azeroth is one of the few planets remaining. The entire universe fell, or almost the entire universe - the difference is not really that big. We are all that is, in the end.

Before, there where mysteries. Who built Karazhan, and why? What is the secret of the haunting, disturbing... Things that happen there? What lies under Tirisfal? What is Zul's endgame? What does the Twilight Hammer want?

Now, it's all... Out there, in the clear, and something's missing. The answers can never be as good as the mystery was. So, make the universe wider. No one knows where the Titans are, but they're still out there. Heck, maybe there's a third or even a fourth team, unaffiliated with either Aman'thul or Sargeras. Azeroth is a world among hundreds, and is considered even a backwater little dump by hte likes of the Ethereals. The Old Gods? No one has any freaking idea. And also...

- The Lich King has nothing to do with the Legion.

It's a presence, a power of death and cold and darkness that has existed up north ever since anyone remembers. No one quite knows where it came from or even if it came from somewhere at all, instead of being always there. Some people talk about Death Titans who oppose both the Fel Sargeras and the Arcane Pantheon, seeding worlds with their cursed keepers. Others talk about the inevitable death of the entire universe, and how, at the end, time breaks down and fragments of doom manifest earlier than they should. But anyway, it's there, up north. Plotting. Waiting.

- More interaction between the races

This one is a given. Since we are starting over, we can take things introduced pretty late in the game and make them relevant from the start. Pandaren, Mogu, Nerubians, Keepers, TOL'VIR, everything. They are present, even if indirectly, from day one. Quel'thalas is allied with the Nerubian Empire, which is still there, even if decadent. Gnomes and Dwarves have a vague idea about the Tol'vir and Mogu and their competing visions for how the Titan-forged (and their descendants) should proceed. Pandaria is a bit more militant about the outside world, sending agents through the mists in order to misdirect the other nations.

- More politics

Because, really, it gets boring with just 6 or 7 head honchos. Stormwind House of Nobles. Ironforge Senate. The Temple of Elune. The chieftains of the Tauren. Loads and loads of characters, please. The more, the merrier. Also, make the lot of them backstabbing bastards.

Ok, maybe not all of them, but a significant number. Less homogeneous factions. More infighting.

- Soft factions.

No inflexible super powers. Just loose alliances, with individual member-states closing their own deals and non-aggression pacts on the side.

Last edited by Patrick_C; 01-25-2018 at 07:05 PM..
Old 01-25-2018, 08:10 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
- Undo the Eredar retcon.

Now, the Draenei from BC-era forward are hands down my favorite race from the WC universe, and I used to resent people who complained about the retcon of Eredar lore and say they should never have existed. Lately, though, I changed my mind about it. You see, when Lothraxxion appeared and we were introduced to the idea of a Light-infused demon, my interest was picked. Imagine the possibilities! Heroic centaur-dreadnoughts based on the Annihilan! Kind Shivarra! Redemeed Succubi! Brightguards! Good Ereda... Wait. We had those already. They were the Draenei.

But they don't feel like Eredar. A poster here, can't recall who, said it recently, but current Eredar don't feel special at all. They are... Mobs. Just that. Playable Draenei are not significantly more powerful than other playable reasons, for obvious reasons. Velen is a racial leader like any other... But this is a race that was ancient 25,000 years ago. Way before the Kaldorei Empire dreamed of existing, they were already at the top, powerful enough to draw the attention of a Titan, to convince said Titan to recruit them for his generals... And some of the Eredar from back then are still alive and kicking... So why they aren't just steamrolling Azeroth?

Having playable Eredar brought them down. In the end, the race of super sorcerers from which Sargeras recruited his most powerful and trusted underlings became mobs. That can't go on. So, unfortunately, Draenei as we know them have to go.
I hate the Draenei other than it being a straight retcon that was thrown at our face, is that they are built as a very Sueish race, immortality, old magic, light and nature practitioner, had spaceship and their cousin were the lords of the legion.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:55 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
WC III's tone should be the core of the franchise.

However, I don't think Garrosh and his ppl were a good example. The orcs are like the humans, they got good and evil individuals. Even in WC3 Grom admitted that they accepted the blood willingly.
They had good and evil individuals, yes. Grom was definitely representing a more bloodthirsty path which set him up as a good contrast to Thrall. I don't think that nuance survived in WoW though, is what I am saying. It appears to me that the Orcs were simply portrayed as being evil, especially with the 'revisions' that Garrosh's character got in MoP.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:16 AM

Eternal

When you as a Warcraft I/II fan enter a thread where people glorify Warcraft III's butchering of the orc race and put it forward as some sort of pinnacle their existence within the franchise has. Oh well.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:20 AM

Banished

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
When you as a Warcraft I/II fan enter a thread where people glorify Warcraft III's butchering of the orc race and put it forward as some sort of pinnacle their existence within the franchise has. Oh well.
How's your work going btw?
Old 01-26-2018, 05:33 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram View Post
: How's your work going btw?
What do you think?
Old 01-26-2018, 05:52 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
I have mixed feelings about what WC3 did to the orcs. But within the sort of self-contained conceit of WC3 and following, then I would say that the story of Grom, Thrall, and the Burning Legion was fantastic.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:21 AM

Banished

Quote:
What do you think?
I think that we need updates.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:20 AM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I hate the Draenei other than it being a straight retcon that was thrown at our face, is that they are built as a very Sueish race, immortality, old magic, light and nature practitioner, had spaceship and their cousin were the lords of the legion.
I think maybe Blizzard thought that, since they were giving Elves to the Horde, the Alliance should also get an Elvish Archetype of their own. Look at your description, it's standard High Fantasy fare.

I do think that's only conceptual, though. In-story, Draenei never rose to the heights your words imply. Not even close.

Quote:
WCIII is the Warcraft story as far as most of the fanbase is concerned, I believe. It also kind of set it apart from other fantasy settings, as I see it, which is great from a marketing perspective. So, like it or not, WCIII will forever be the baseline for the franchise.

Last edited by Patrick_C; 01-26-2018 at 07:25 AM..
Old 01-26-2018, 07:22 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Chris Metzen once said the Warcraft movie is the "ultimate marvel" version of Warcraft's lore.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:29 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Chris Metzen once said the Warcraft movie is the "ultimate marvel" version of Warcraft's lore.
An incoherent mess from start to finish?
Old 01-26-2018, 07:31 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Iirc he addressed to difference between cannon and movie that way, give example and etc. Not like that movie is revision for Warcraft Universe.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:18 AM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
I think maybe Blizzard thought that, since they were giving Elves to the Horde, the Alliance should also get an Elvish Archetype of their own. Look at your description, it's standard High Fantasy fare.

I do think that's only conceptual, though. In-story, Draenei never rose to the heights your words imply. Not even close.
The bloodelves are far from that.

Even in the story, they are too favored in the story of BC, meh. The old Draenei is very cool, no need to change it at all.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:41 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Gamplay restricts a lot of story progression.

I think the factions are too polarized between the Alliance and the Horde, leaving every other potential rivaling faction a 'Baddie of the Month' instead of a living breathing organization within the world.

Individual races lose character because of their ties to the Alliance. Why did the Draenei ally with the Alliance? Because choice adventurers helped them out in a few quests, they will now swear their undying allegiance to them, no matter what the organization does? Gameplay overrides any movement of the story because these races have no individual say in what the organization does, and will never separate from them.

Taking a look at what was set between Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3, we see the Alliance and the Horde absolutely splinter and reform in different ways. The Alliance poorly treated the Elven refugees and have racist leaders within their faction. The Horde cut all ties to the Amani and Ogres and found new allies with the Tauren and Darkspears. These are bonds that are being shaped, but with the progress of WoW, would never be broken. It's the constant shift that makes Warcraft an interesting world; and right now the only shift we see is that between the Alliance and the Horde, rather than the individual races within.

I would love to see a story where leaders split off and take a significant group with them as a result, but in a way that actually impacts the story and not just a flavour-of-the-month group of baddies like the Druids of the Flame (whose story starts and ends with Firelands). The creation of the Blood Elves was perfect in showing their plight; but their addition as a playable race within the Horde with Silvermoon and making Kael'thas a power-hungry villain who cares not about his people undid much of that tragedy. The Blood Elves shouldn't be a thriving society, they should be the niche few who are trying to survive in a world they no longer belong in.

That's how every race should view themselves and the Alliances they make. Alliances should be uneasy. The static nature of WoW's racial gameplay restricts the story progression for individual races, and thus limits the scope of the world.

If we're gonna have a Ultimates of Warcraft, the first thing I think we need to do is destroy the Alliance and Horde as major superpowers and progress Warcraft 3's trend of fostering more factions and changing the allegiances of races on a story-by-story basis. We have the potential for that all throughout WoW, with Garrosh creating his Iron Horde, Vol'jin given the offer to rebuild the Troll Empires, the events of Wrathgate causing mistrust amongst the Forsaken... That's where the story can really unfold.

Last edited by Triceron; 02-01-2018 at 01:45 PM..
Old 02-01-2018, 03:06 PM

Eternal

I pretty much think Marthen's is a great version of an "Ultimate" Warcraft.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:32 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

I think current Warcraft is Ultimate Warcraft with the way Blizzard is trying to streamline everything. The Warcraft movie is probably a good example of it too.

Anyway, if I were to do it I would start off by keeping the Titans strictly background info, and limit their influence so not every planet is Titan shaped. Lastly I would also make them look more like the Celestials from Marvel, or even more monstrous, to avoid everything looking so human-centric.

No Void Lords at all. Power creep and the need for Blizzard to constantly one up itself is dumb.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:10 PM

Ranger

Ultimate Warcraft

Pre War1:

To start off the humans are much more viking like, they are much more like Vrykul and worship the Watchers. They know of the Titans somewhat, and consider all races not formed from the Titans as enemies. Odyn, Tyr, etc. They praise strength. The church of holy light is the Church of Tyr, they have had Paladins for generations. Humans learned magic not from the elves through diplomacy but through interrogation. Dalaran is a prison type fortress city where humans steal magic from the elves. Though friends with the dwarves and gnomes, they take Trolls as slaves and raid elves to steal their magic. There is also less kingdoms. The kingdom of Strom still exists, held together so the humans can stand up to the elves, which encompasses all the northern kingdoms except Kul'Tiras and Gilneas which has already built their wall, and shut themselves off. Kul'Tiras is more of a pirate nation, with Daelin Proudmore as the Pirate King.

Elves of Silvermoon are a powerhouse. They study all kinds of magic, including fel and shadow. They don't consider the humans a threat or even on their level, and they have been trying to find a way to overpower the Legion in case they return for 10,000 years. They summon demons and steal their magic and study them. They know and understand the void, light and fel, as well as have full mastery of the arcane.

Orcs background remains much of the same, they are already pretty metal.

Warcraft 1 and 2:

Orcs enter Azeroth and take Stormwind, no humans escape though. The strongest are taken prisoner. Anduin Lothar and Prince Varian are taken captive and trained to be Gladiators for Orc Amusement. Thrall is about the same age as Varian, a child when the orcs first invade. After Gul'dan has the Frostwolves killed and hunted he takes Thrall as his slave. He lives in the same cell as Anduin Lothar and Varian and trains alongside Varian to become a Gladiator while also learning from Anduin Lothar. Doomhammer is also a frostwolf gladiator who was taken when Durotan was killed. Drek'thar also survives and is housed with the slaves.

The Orcs fortify the kingdom of Stormwind not heading north immediately. Instead they head south first, they defeat the the Trolls of Stranglethorn, and Gul'dan takes Hakkar captive and harvests his blood to create new horde berserkers. Blackhand is truly brutal making all the trolls fight each other to the death for the right to join the Horde.

Anduin and Doomhammer end up leading a slave uprising Spartacus style and escape along with Drek'thar, Varian and Thrall and head north.

They make it to Ironforge, where the Dwarves are skeptical of what they say, but after meeting the handful of still remaining Frostwolves, and seeing what Doomhammer does against their best warriors, they begin to prepare for the Horde and reach out for help, though they don't get much of an answer. The Horde then make their move, storming Khaz Modan and forcing the Dwarves to hole up in their mountain fortresses. Realizing the the dwarves won't be able to hold out forever Anduin and gang head north to the kingdom of Strom. During this time Drek'thar begins to hear the elements again, and notices Thrall's potential. Upon reaching the Arathi Highlands, Anduin and Varian go to Stromgarde with Doomhammer, while the other few remaining orcs go into the wilderness to reconnect with the elements.

Turns out Lothar's family was outed a few generations by the Trollbane clan in ritual combat for the right to be king, which is why his family left to found Stormwind. Anduin challenges Thoras for the right to be king and wins, making him the new king of the kingdom of Strom. He rallies all the forces of the north to Arathi were they make a 300 type stand at Thandol Span, mostly with their elite Paladins. They manage to hold the Horde, but quickly start to become overwhelmed. Doomhammer shows up with Drek'thar and Thrall and seeks out Blackhand who he defeats in combat. He then claims the Horde as his own and has Drek'thar remind them of the power of the elements they abandoned using it to destroy the Thandol Span and end the battle.

Doomhammer tries to get the Horde to return south and live off the land they claimed to the south like the old days. But Gul'dan disagrees and alongside Grom, Cho'gall, Kargath, and Zuluhed decides that this world is his. Zuluhed claims Alexstrasza and her dragons. while Cho'gall discovers the power of the Old Gods on Azeroth. Gul'dan completely drains Hakkar of life and uses it to transform Grom and the Warsong into something like fel orcs, Gul'dan then uses the demon soul to ride Alexstrasza herself north, he burns Stromgarde to the ground with his dragons then heads north to Silvermoon. Seeking the Sunwell, he takes his dragon army around Silvermoon forest and straight to Quel'danas. Claiming it for his own, he then uses the power of the Sunwell to create portals through Silvermoon letting Grom and his newly hulked out Horde into the city. Meanwhile, Cho'gall has found the fallen corpses of the Old Gods greatest generals buried in Tirisfal Glade. He reanimates them and quickly uses them to lay seige to Lorderon. Within days the Horde destroys the majority of the Northern Kingdoms.

The humans end up having to flee across the ocean to Kalimdor with only the kingdoms of Gilneas and Kul'Tiras still standing. They land in Durotar and duskwallow and begin to rebuild.

Meanwhile the Horde has pretty much taken over the Eastern Kingdom, enslaving the remaining elves and humans. Kael'thas still leaves and leads a band of powerful elite elves. He sees that the Horde uses the tools of the Burning Legion and seeks out help to slay them. He leads his people to Kalimdor in search of the one called Illidan Stormrage. Him and his warriors fight and end up freeing Illidan Stormrage who he asks for help against this new threat to Azeroth.

Meanwhile Gul'dan is using the Sunwell to bring the Legion into Azeroth. Kael'thas and Illidan end up showing up and stop Gul'dan and close the portals, Illidan ends up claiming Gul'dans soul and power as his own becoming the winged demon he is now. The elves reclaim Silvermoon, but they discover the Legion is planning a massive invasion and Kael'thas begins having Illidan train Demon Hunters. The dragonmaw and warsong are defeated, Kael'thas takes the Demon Soul which his uses for himself, creating a red dragon army for the Elves. Illidan convinces Kael'thas to spare Grom and his warsong to use a weapons again the Legion. Using fel magic he is able to enslave any orcs that drank Mannaroth's blood.

Illidan then uses them to fight back Cho'gall and send the Twilight's hammer fleeing, clearing the northern kingdoms of the remaining Horde.

End of Warcraft 2 status quo:

During the 20 years between 2 and 3,

Humans have settle on Kalimdor, creating a powerful kingdom the encompasses the land from Azshara to Tanaris. They have been at odds with the Tauren and Night Elves, and wipe the Razormane out. Dalaran has been moved to Thousand needles and has discovered Un'goro and Uldum. Theramore has become the new capital, ruled by Anduin Lothar with Varian Wyrnn named as his heir. They know the Horde is likely to return and have been preparing for war for 20 years.

Doomhammer lead his people back south and they have begun to redabble in the elements. Blackrock Mountain has become a shamanistic stronghold with a sect of Ragnaros worshippers. Drek'thar and Thrall have discovered Karazhan, who study it along their troll allies to learn more about what happened to cure their demon blooded brothers under Illidan's control. The trolls return to Stranglethorne, but remain part of the Horde.

The elves of Silvermoon have reclaimed their land completely and are preparing to fight the Legion. Illidan is training demon hunters and Kael'thas has begun seeking more power to use in the fight.

I could keep going, but I guess that's how I would start it out.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:55 AM

Mountain Giant

So, Arthas isn't a character there?

Tags
fankwank, warcraft