Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 06-01-2009, 12:40 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Since nothing implies the old one didn't happen at all, I still consider it canon, make sense or not.
Something does imply that the old way didn't happen: Metzen's admission that he retconned it.

In any case, I think we're only interested in cataloging what is current standing lore as of today, so Sargeras vs Eredar could be replaced with "Sargeras appointed by Titans to fight demons"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Thank goodness Golden handled Rise of the Horde, or it might have started with the tale of the Eredar leaders Archie and Jay being seduced by the power of the Dark Titan Gary while their close friend Lenny fled Argus to escape the corruption.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:33 PM

Hippogryph

No updates in 5 days?

I was hoping for some of the newer stuff.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:19 AM

Arch-Druid

I actually wanted to make a little Timeline of the "Ashbringer" and "Rise of the Horde" events, but it is not quite easy to read them out of the books. A had a little problem with a quote at the end of the book, but I think now that i have found a solution.

Last edited by Vineyard; 06-11-2009 at 01:41 AM..
Old 06-11-2009, 05:04 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Go ahead if you'd like Vine, the more detailed our timeline the better.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:21 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
I actually wanted to make a little Timeline of the "Ashbringer" and "Rise of the Horde" events, but it is not quite easy to read them out of the books. A had a little problem with a quote at the end of the book, but I think now that i have found a solution.
Go ahead, I'd really love to read it. I want to know how Rise of the Horde could somehow fit succinctly into the grand scheme of things.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:55 PM

Sentinel Queen

Been pondering a bit on this sort of stuff lately, more specifically the WCI-II timeline (how does Lothar's 20 months in the Deadmines work if WCI just played out during a single year?) but what led me to post is a somewhat other thing.

Link to Vineyard's Rise of the Horde timeline.

Just thought that ought to be in here, what with this thread being stickied and Vineyard's rapidly disappearing in the mist.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:19 PM

Elune

Its probably more like 20 days now. Actually, I'd suspect that without any confirmation we can go on the theory that it was reduced in proportion to the reduction of time applied to the entire time of the first war in general.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:32 PM

Ethermancer - Admin

Thanks for the reminder Ashen, edited the the first post to add that in. Keep up the good work people.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:31 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
Its probably more like 20 days now. Actually, I'd suspect that without any confirmation we can go on the theory that it was reduced in proportion to the reduction of time applied to the entire time of the first war in general.
Twenty days makes more sense, anyways. After all, how long would Azeroth go without noticing it's best general hadn't come back from a mission? Even if they were busy holding the orcs off, I wouldn't imagine more than two weeks would pass before they sent a sizable force to find out what happened.

But of course the WC1 timeline is hopelessly borked. We seriously need to ask Blizz to work it out as they interpret it now.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:18 AM

Arch-Druid

Thank you for the sticky.

As i said in the other thread, I will most likely will finally make my Ashbringer Timeline this weekend. I wanted to do it for weeks now, but was always to busy.

@WC I Timeline:

Many things in this Timeline were already retconned in WC II. In my opinion, even Aran's death as was discribed in the Timeline can't be considered canon anymore.

Reason: It was the Original Plot Device for the creation of the "Rift" between Azeroth and Draenor.

In Warcraft I it was actually created by "accident", but with Warcraft II it was created willingly and much later.

Last edited by Vineyard; 07-17-2009 at 12:24 AM..
Old 07-17-2009, 01:05 AM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Rebirth

BREAKING UPDATE:

2009 - Any date or time or place or person or death or birth or anything at all in the lands of Azeroth is meaningless.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:11 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth View Post
BREAKING UPDATE:

2009 - Any date or time or place or person or death or birth or anything at all in the lands of Azeroth is meaningless.
Are you making a general statement, or has something specific incited it just now?
Old 07-31-2009, 10:41 AM

Sentinel Queen

Curious...

Anyhow. Wiiooohooo! I'm back from vacation! And have resurrected my computer - it killed itself a while back, or, as it turns out, 't'was just the adapter that went wonky.

Aaanyhow. Just to have something more proper to say, I figure I'll be giving WCI a try anyhow, some time in the future. That is to say, a timeline thereof... ooh, and mayhap a map...
Old 07-31-2009, 10:58 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Good luck. WCI has a lot of problems running on modern computers.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:00 AM

Sentinel Queen

Yaah, well, didn't exactly plan on playing it - readin's my way. Anyhow, so I finally did get around to etch a bit at this thing, and so I thought the first thing I'd do was to, like, plot out the missions from the game on one of my beloved maps.

So I did. And first out was this cluster-eff. I'm sure you get the concept - I jot out the mission-number, circle it, and if it makes any sense at all, try to draw a line to connect it to the next mission. Of course, the two campaigns are conflicting, so it's more confusing than need be, and of course, some missions don't really have a known specific location, and of course, the map was different back then. And, of course, half of everything's been retconned since. But the historian in me still itch to produce something sensible out of that mess - that'll mean making some Independent Decisions, but sheesh. I'd love input, anyhow. Both on where you figure those missions in WCI took place and how they should be interpreted - I'll clean up the messy map in a while, for legibility.

But also on theories on how to combine those missions from those campaigns into one coherent history. Cue picture two, where I've jotted out, a bit more clearly, a way things might have worked.

'Cause I feel like it, I'll write a little text about how I interpret this second chart of mine. So, okay. Orcs pop out of the Dark Portal, and go on a rampage north the eastern coast, and then inland, where they reach Blackrock Spire. Why they want to live there, I don't know... anyhow. If one still feel like considering that canon, those northern orcs could've just kept running and launched that failed attack on Stormwind of yore, neatly running a round the entire kingdom. But anyhow, them orcs that still came out of the Portal in their hundreds of thousands, they start swelling out of the marsh and into the borderlands, where they start fighting with humans. Way I see it, humans (or some race or another) already got a taste of orcishness when the first wave moved north up the coast, so word might already have gotten a-travelling into Stormwind proper by then. So, the orcs do well enough, cross the mountains and encroach upon present-day Darkshire, then Grand Hamlet.

Here I let the humans win, no reason in particular save, I think, squeezing a few more missions from the game into this version. After all, as said, they had at least some warning. Possibly, an orcish force moves south - I'm sure waves of orcish clans already were moving that way to circumvent the hardening resistance on Stormwind's east front. But others continue on the northern part, and go wild in Redridge. Stormwind forces, meanwhile, went wandering straight into the Marsh, where they burned a little, got killed a little, and hearing of bad news at home, turned around. The little town Sunnyglade - which I attribute to the surroundings of Azora, not Raven Hill - got hit by Orgrim's torches. While he marched north and took over command of the Horde, human forces retook Sunnyglade and surroundings, stayed a while in that area, which became something of a central base of command there. But, lo! Orgrim bore down on Northshire Valley, the defenders rush there, but are pushed back, and eventually defeated. At least to the degree that the Doomhammer sent out the all-attack, through Goldshire and on to Stormwind. By then all other fronts had probably crumbled - Moonbrook at the very least. Cue six-seven years of hiding like rabbits for those not included in Lothar's grand Escape.

Oh, well. Oh, right, the pictures, the pictures...
Attached Images

Last edited by Ashenmoon; 08-06-2009 at 07:04 AM..
Old 08-07-2009, 07:11 AM

Sentinel Queen

No replies? Oh well, this time the picture's prettier, so that's gotta count for something. Maybe I simply should move off into another thread, eheh... but shoo', this is somewhat relevant. The notion, after all, was a timeline, of sorts - which I'd like input on. A timeline of any interest should, for instance, record whether the orcs overran Grand Hamlet on the first attempt or not. Visualizing the rest of the campaign, as best as one can, might help make an intelligent, if not informed, guess. That's my theory, anyhow.

Oh, right, legend. Numbers still indicate missions from the game. Circles, those are settlements that I figure have some sort of basis in WarCraft lore. Squares, those are just settlements that I add in to clutter the picture up a bit. On the other hand, I de-cluttered it a bit, too, by not adding in some minor action indicated in the game, or in my head. For instance, I figure that, seeing as them orcsies did, after all, pick Blackrock Spire as their base - 'least, their Warchief did - he probably sent at least some raiding parties against the northern Stormwind territories.

Oh, and, yeah. So, for the Horde's movement, those I added descriptive names to - First attack (which, in my imaginarium, was the whole of the first move up to BRS and then off to Stormwind, where they got owned). That northern front sort of just stalemated next, I suppose. People got killed.

Second attack, on Grand Hamlet - well, if the orcs got defeated, then the human campaign's strike into the Black Morass after its own Grand Hamlet-mission makes sense. If the orcs won, the future burning of Moonbrook would make simpler sense, but my old theory of orcish clans simply going through Stranglethorn works well enough for me. Or another orcish offensive simply took Grand Hamlet at a later stage. Anyhow, I say the second attack failed, too, and the humans counterattacked.

Third attack took out the Redridge region and went on to burn Sunnyglade, before it was discontinued while Orgrim took over command of the Horde. The human mainforce in the swamp returned to defend Sunnyglade and uphold the east front.

Fourth attack, Orgrim bypassed the human force, struck from the north and neatly trapped, and destroyed, the opposing army in the east. Only remained to march on Stormwind after that. If Goldshire and Moonbrook's burnings happened at about the same time, as they do in the game, then another force must have struck southern Westfall by now.

The human-campaign's little squares gradually darken off further into the war. You can figure it as, the darker they are, the more uncertain their veracity, eh?
Attached Images

Last edited by Ashenmoon; 08-07-2009 at 07:32 AM..
Old 08-07-2009, 10:39 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

A lot of us haven't had a chance to play the WC1 and 2, so commenting's a bit hard without the experience....but holy hell does that second one look fantastic.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:44 AM

Chimaera
Send a message via MSN to Sp00ky

Agreed, a great map you've made there Mark, great indeed!
how did you make them, what programe did you use?

Consorting with the Fallen Ones is heresy!
- Aldaris

Old 08-07-2009, 11:02 AM

Eternal

Wow Ashen you really have map making skills. Thats a lot whole of work right there. Its actually pretty well done a nice way of making something out of the blur the first war is right now.
You should do the same with the second war.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 08-07-2009, 02:47 PM

Sentinel Queen

Cheerios, Cantus - and, well, heck, I aint played WCI, either. Think I played WCII... waay back. I figured I was gonna read up on manuals and strategy sites and whatnot - (found this neat site with big WCI in-game maps, by the by - to research and yadayada. Eventually I just boiled it down to the essentials, reading from WoWWiki, which really just is the mission descriptions. But when pondering the grander movements of the campaigns, itty-bitty details aren't needed, and if you're gonna try and pinpoint the location of a certain battle by its WCI/II map... well, heck, I decided it's just not important enough. And that my own stance against Blizzardy information anyway is one of "just shut up and let me deal with it, please!" so... well, point was, I don't think you need all that much insight into these games to have an opinion!

Mark? Heeh. Well, it's just Photoshop. Don't get too impressed by the topographic stuff - just clone-tooled in bits and pieces of real-world maps. Aaah, I never seem to get enough of this map-making, do I? Well, the less fictional and more factual a piece of fiction looks, the better, is my take. Don't think I'll be updating this any time soon, now, but I could imagine that I, some time in the future, might feel like polishing it up a bit. Now I just put in Some Mountains when I wanted mountains, and Some Plains when I wanted terrain of that level - but, after all, there are many kinds of mountains out there. Never-ending project that, heeh.

And, cheers, Zula! You mean... something like this little thingie down below? WIP, cannae be bothered to clarify just what happened in what order right now. Or zoom in. Or scale up relevant thingies.

... but maybe I could write it up a little. Basically, well, WoWWiki was more helpful when it came to WCII, so to sum it up, it worked about like this. Twin orcish offensives: a land one up from BRS, into Loch Modan and from there one arm went off to besiege Ironforge, unsuccessfully. Other arm went on to suck up a few dwarven settlements: Grim Batol, Dun Algaz and Dun Modr. The other offensive came by sea, sneaked into that mediterranean sea and set up bases on all sorts of islands in the bay. Zul'dare and Crestfall, for starters. Did a bit of raiding on the shores, Hillsbrad-the-town got pillaged, Tarren Mill attacked and Southshore got burned, though seeing as TM's inland nowadays, I'd say not in that order. Then the sea offensive joined up with the land one at Dun Modr, where the Alliance folks maintained a stalemate. Stratholme is attacked, somewhat successfully, but it seems that wasn't enough to produce a real opening in the south. Or, maybe it did, to an extent.

'Cause, next thing you know, the orcs are pouring down from the Hinterlands with their new trollish allies, go north and possibly attack both Tyr's Hand and Stratholme, and definitely Quel'Thalas. Cue the turning point: the elves slap back, send a big armada south which help the defenders of southern Lordaeron to snuff out Zul'dare, push the orcs out of Dun Modr, Dun Algaz and an apparently failed, but reasonably successful, attack on Grim Batol. The orcs were in a bad way in Khaz modan.

Meanwhile, on the northern front, the alliance armies presumably pummeled the orcs that had gotten into Quel'thalas until either there was nothing left of them, or all foresaid orcs had already left for Gul'dan's betrayal, or something in between - anyhow, the Alliance forces got caught up with a rebellion in Tyr's Hand. Which was put down, uncovering Alterac's betrayal, leading to a campaign in that direction. Possibly, if there were any orcs left of that northern force, they then could move west with impunity for the coming attack on Lordaeron capital. More likely, I think, eastern Lordaeron was pretty orc-free (though the Hinterlands likely was still a hot-zone) but all-too filled with alliance soldiers, more no doubt drained from the west to deal with the quickie, Alterac. Cue the orcish command's return from Sargeras' tomb, sack Dalaran and besiege Lordaeron.

But, they were beaten, the orcish offensive rolled back, more footholds in the north - such as Crestfall - were taken and soon enough, an Alliance army tore down Blackrock Spire. And then the Dark Portal.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ashenmoon; 08-07-2009 at 03:11 PM..
Old 08-23-2009, 01:01 AM

Critter

I've also kinda messed around with speculation to make the WarCraft: Orcs vs. Humans missions fit in a coherent timeline that is somewhat logically consistant with the timeline of established events and the personalities of the major players involved.

I apologize in advance for the length (and this being my first post here ), but this was a topic that I've been interested in piecing together for some time. Some of my thinking mirrors that mentioned in the posts above, elsewhere it is different. I like some of the details mentioned above (such as Sunnyglade being located at Azora) I try to leave timing ambigious enough that the events allow for other significant battles and events to take place in between the missions when necessary. I do not assume that the missions in the game are the entirity of the battles fought in the war, but rather a selection of crucial events and representative battles that may indicate the trends of the war.

Preface: following the failed raid on Stormwind Keep, the humans have been largely successful in confining the orcs to the eastern marshlands largely due to the orcs still learning to adapt to the terrain and their enemy, though some incompetenece of the orcs related to inter-clan cooperation probably deserved some of the blame. The humans have been mostly successful at severing the Horde in the lands around the Dark Portal from their Blackrock allies in the Burning Steppes to the north.

Human 1: Regent - in an effort to set up an effective border defense which will serve as the launching point for a final offensive against the orcs, the player's character is appointed Regent in the Borderlands and ordered to begin constructing defensive settlements.

Human 2: Grand Hamlet - the strategically significant town is about to be attacked by a moderate orc force and the Regent is commanded to see to its defense.

Human 3: Kyross - having successfully defended Grand Hamlet, the Regent uses intelligence obtained from a captive orc of an orc settlement in the SoS/BM used to stage raids into the Borderlands and orders a strike to destroy the settlement which will secure the Borderlands for a long time and allow a buildup of human forces on the warfront.

Speculation: A band of thieves steal the Tome of Divinity, used in the training of clerics at Northshire Abbey, with an eye of ransoming the Tome or selling it to a party of interest. The ogres lead by Turok come into possession of the Tome (perhaps simply discovering the thieves' hideout in the Deadmines and taking it by force) and when Lothar learns of its location, he personally leads a mission to retrieve it. Not wishing to see the Tome damaged or destroyed in a bloody fight Lother and his men are forced to submit to the ogres.

Human 4: The Dead Mines - his successes in the Borderlands having earned him much prestige in Stormwind, the Regent is recalled from the front and trusted with the mission of rescuing Lothar. I like the idea of the Regent being recalled from the front at this point in the timeline, which could perhaps correspond with successes in the Borderlands of the Horde forces led in the field by Doomhammer. This also has the rather poetic feature of an event having no root cause in the actual war -- simply humans looking to make a some easy gold -- nevertheless playing a tremendous role in the outcome by removing the key figure from the front lines during a time when he was needed there to curb Doomhammer's emerging power.

Orc 1: The Swamps of Sorrow - increasingly frustrated by failures on the warfront, Blackhand gives a great deal of direct control of the field forces in the marshlands to Doomhammer and tasks him with reasserting the Horde presence in the Borderlands. With the Regent having been recalled from the Warfront, Doomhammer will be able to achieve a number of successes in the region.

Orc 2: The Borderlands - Doomhammer has a number of defensive installations constructed on the edge of the Borderlands. The now poorly-led humans, troubled by the increasing orc presence, begin moving against the orcs. Doomhammer is able to repel these attacks and begins more extensive fortifications.

Orc 3: Grand Hamlet - strategically located across the orcs' path of attack at the far end of the mountain pass out of the Swamp of Sorrows, Doomhammer is tasked with the destruction of the now well-defended town of Grand Hamlet.

Orcs begin moving their forces into the Borderlands and the orcs forces from the Burning Steppes and those in the marshlands are once again united.

Human 5: The Forest of Elwynn - with Lothar back in action, the Regent becomes his right-hand man in the field, and with the recent human defeat at Grand Hamlet the Regent is tasked with building a strong defensive settlement in Elwynn to be used as a supply and staging area for refortifying the Borderlands.

Human 6: Northshire Abbey - again internal strife hurts the human's cause as the Regent is commanded to take the elite forces under his control and crush the rebels at Northshire. Further stripping of the best fighters and commander from the warfront allows the orcs to gain a secure foothold in the Borderlands.

Orc 4: The Dead Mines - Blackhand orders Doomhammer to take his elite troops and hunt down his daughter and Turok's ogres, much to Doomhammer's annoyance. Perhaps having taken possession of the Tome of Divinity, Turok attempted to use it as a bargaining chip with Blackhand either via messenger or sometime before the rescue of Lothar. Perhaps impressed by Turok's cunning, Griselda eventually decided to flee Blackrock Spire for the Deadmines.

Orc 5: The Red Ridge Mountains - Doomhammer returns from the Deadmines, and on his way back to report to Blackhand meets up with raiders and proceeds to wipe out the human presence in the Redridge Mountains.

Orc 6: Sunnyglade - this mission has Doomhammer leading an attack on Sunnyglade, described as fat and lazy, while being commanded by Blackhand to leave the humans' wizard tower intact. This could read like Gul'dan whispering in Blackhand's ear, having him send Doomhammer's forces on a tactically questionable or unnecessary operation in order to secure information or magical artifacts of interest to Gul'dan. Doomhammer being forced to risk his forces for Gul'dan's personal causes could have perhaps been the last straw for Doomhammer that convinced him to depose Blackhand at the next opportunity, as in the next orc mission we see him moving against Blackhand loyalists in the BM/SoS

Human 7: Sunnyglade - basically concurrent with the move against Medivh, the Regent works to free captives from the orc raid on Sunnyglade and to establish a defensive presence there.

Human 8: Medivh - conveniently for Doomhammer, Gul'dan becomes incapacitated when Karazhan is assaulted by a force lead by Sir Lothar, Khadgar, and Garona and Medivh is killed, freeing him of possession by Sargeras.

Orc 7: The Black Morass - after whispers reach Doomhammer that Gul'dan is comatose, he moves against Blackhand loyalists to take control of the supply and reinforcement lines to Blackrock Spire

Somewhere in here Doomhammer marches on Blackrock Spire and kills Blackhand, becoming Warchief, then moves to consolidate his power.

Human 9: The Black Morass - this mission has King Llane ordering the player to assault orc settlements in the Black Morass/SoS. This can fit here if perhaps word reaches Llane that Blackhand has been killed by one of his subordinates. Not entirely understanding orc culture, it might make some sense that the human high command anticipated the Horde would be in disarray after the loss of their Warchief and looked to land a crippling blow in the heart of orc territory hoping to route the orcs. This further has the advantage of creating a situation in which human supply and reinforcement lines are left thin in favor of acting swiftly such that although the humans were able to destroy key orc bases in the BM/SoS, they could not gain a lasting foothold and through attrition the orcs were able to gain lasting control over the lands surrounding Elwynn.

Orc 8: Northshire Abbey - there are a couple options here for why Doomhammer may have moved against the humans at the Abbey despite the orcs not having completely overrun the interior of the Kingdom of Azeroth. I'm not sure exactly how Garona fits in here with currently accepted lore, but I kinda like the idea that Doomhammer saw the danger of human clerics being able to bolster and replenish their forces as the orcs marched toward Stormwind, and in order to ease the costs of future battles decided to eliminate the humans' base for training new ones. Perhaps advanced scouts discovered Garona's location there and wishing to use her knowledge of the human defenses in and near Stormwind decided to free her before destroying the abbey, or perhaps the Shadow Council, wishing to rein in one of their own tools, whispered in the right ear which prompted Doomhammer to head for Northshire before continuing the fighting in the interior.

Orc 9: Northern Elwynn Forest - generic mission suggesting the orcs moved to wipe out the remaining human forces guarding the interior of Azeroth

Orc 10: The Center of Human Lands - this is the mission where you cannot build a base and must destroy the human garrison with just the forces you start with. This is one of the most fun and interesting missions of the game IMO, and really deserves a battle named for it in lore. Because of the nature of the fight, I'd interpret this as a daring raid organized by Doomhammer on the human Central Command and training facilities in Elwynn. Perhaps Doomhammer realized that a swift victory over the humans would secure his position as Warchief far more than a drawn-out offensive. He calls together heroes from all the clans and for the first time the Horde as envisioned by Doomhammer comes to life in a way not even Blackhand and Gul'dan could have imagined...the clans put aside personal loyalties and ride together for once as simply The Horde, for glory and the destiny of their race. As this battle would effectively make the orcs' victory academic, give the humans a valliant "last stand" in which they turn the tide for a bit but are eventually overwhelmed when the warlocks and necromancers, not wanting to lose face, enter the battle and turn the tide for the Horde (adding an ironic factor to Doomhammer's destruction of the warlocks following the war as they were the instrument of his most significant victory).

Orc 11: Goldshire and Moonbrook - orcs final march to Stormwind sees interior towns destroyed

Orc 12: Stormwind Keep - the siege of Stormwind, during which Garona assassinates King Llane. This should really be a bit of a drawn-out affair which allows for a more complete exodus and for certain events far from Stormwind which might occur if news that Stormwind had fallen lagged behind news of Llane's assassination.

Human 10: The Temple of the Damned - the mission description says that news reaches the human forces in orc territory that Llane has been assassinated by Garona. This is the human version of the orc "The Center of Human Lands" raid mission. In this case, a desperate suicide mission to destroy the Temple of the Damned in hopes that it will force the orcs to recall forces from their siege at Stormwind seems to fit. Give the humans their last victory of the war in destroying the Temple of the Damned but their joy short-lived as they receive news afterward that Stormwind has fallen. The remaning human forces then work to saving whatever humans are left in Azeroth and following after Sir Lothar, organizing resistances within the region, or fleeing into the surrounding lands.

Human missions 11 and 12 simply do not have a way to fit with ultimate victory by the Orcs.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:38 PM

Elune

Maybe Blizzard could publish a Warcraft Encyclopedia to straighten everything out. Didn't Star Wars do that?
Old 09-05-2009, 07:15 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
Maybe Blizzard could publish a Warcraft Encyclopedia to straighten everything out. Didn't Star Wars do that?
Yep. And it's been retconned at least twice now. Now it seems that Palpatine formed the Empire not only to destroy the Jedi and establish Sith rule, but also because he knew that the galaxy would not be strong enough to stand before the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:45 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Yep. And it's been retconned at least twice now. Now it seems that Palpatine formed the Empire not only to destroy the Jedi and establish Sith rule, but also because he knew that the galaxy would not be strong enough to stand before the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.
That is true. But it could still get everything straightened out that has happened previously. Afterwards, Blizzard/players could try to keep track of what is canon much better. Right now, at least to me, it seems like there is nothing official saying what is canon. The RPGs were supposedly seen by Blizzard/Metzen before being published, yet there is all this "not really too canon sort of" quotes. Also, his name is in the RPG saying "hey welcome" and "I like this Dungeons & Dragons set up".

The official website says "Warcraft Role-Playing Games provide a wealth of information about Warcraft lore." So to break it down, the RPG is Warcraft lore.

Last edited by Rolandius; 09-07-2009 at 06:18 AM..
Old 09-06-2009, 10:25 AM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...edia/index.xml

They did. They abandoned it.

Tags
chronology, timeline, warcraft