Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 02-18-2013, 11:19 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I don't see what any of this has to do with Micky's twitter.
Micky said something about trolls and Mogu.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:25 AM

Arch-Druid

Micky says Liadrin, Theron and Dar'Khan will be the main characters of Blood of the Highborne, along with a new elf called Galell. Rommath will also be in it.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:26 AM

Elune

Whoa, Mickey says much awesome things on Twitter... O.o Gotta follow him!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:32 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
Micky says Liadrin, Theron and Dar'Khan will be the main characters of Blood of the Highborne, along with a new elf called Galell. Rommath will also be in it.
Yes

Old 02-18-2013, 11:32 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
*falls over laughing*

Now I can never mention Rommath on Twitter without having a vague awkward sense that he’s watching.

Anyways, this would have been written long before ItSotS, so I wonder how the characterizations align and whether it’s been revised at all to make them more compatible. Not sure if that would be a good thing to ask him about…
Old 02-18-2013, 11:45 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
*falls over laughing*

Now I can never mention Rommath on Twitter without having a vague awkward sense that he’s watching.

Anyways, this would have been written long before ItSotS, so I wonder how the characterizations align and whether it’s been revised at all to make them more compatible. Not sure if that would be a good thing to ask him about…
Micky told me he's expanded Blood of the Highborne considerable since its original conception, I assume that also entails some revision, though I don't know when it was revised.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:47 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
*falls over laughing*

Its all in how you word yourself really. "Have you remembered to fact check the novella with In the Shadow of the Sun?" for example, is not likely to merit a response or at least a favourable one. "Did Kaels novella change much after ItSots's introduction to canon?" on the other hand, is quite fine.

Kindoff surprised Voren'thal isn't mentioned as a key player. The Scryers defection was supposed to be a big thing, no?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:52 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
Its all in how you word yourself really. "Have you remembered to fact check the novella with In the Shadow of the Sun?" for example, is not likely to merit a response or at least a favourable one. "Did Kaels novella change much after ItSots's introduction to canon?" on the other hand, is quite fine.
I ended up asking if he had to revise anything due to the leader story and MoP. (Of course, what I really care about is not making my favorite character too evil. )

I'm surprised he responded to the person saying the leader stories should've been edited. Eek.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:49 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
*falls over laughing*

Liadrin's portrayal will be interesting. She's never appeared outside of WoW afaik.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:09 PM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Zandalari and Mogu are both boring.
I super disagree.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:18 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
I super disagree.
High-five me Troll-bruddah!

(Well, I don't play one, but the Zandalari/Troll Empire are super interesting and my favorite enemies so far)
Old 02-18-2013, 01:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
High-five me Troll-bruddah!

(Well, I don't play one, but the Zandalari/Troll Empire are super interesting and my favorite enemies so far)
I'd agree if they were shown as remotely competent, like say conquering Pandaria at the end of all of this.

But we all know they will get roflpwned and the mogu will, at best, get a cameo next time it is convenient to kill Zandalari.

EDIT: This Blizzard attitude towards villains is what feeds people like Milennia, who while crazy do have a point that they don't need to fear the Burning Legion or the Old Gods, or whatever the fuck that isn't Horde, because it was only Horde that made permanent gains on them.
Again the entire notion is crazy but it is given substance by terrible handling of villains in WoW.

Last edited by C9H20; 02-18-2013 at 01:29 PM..
Old 02-18-2013, 01:33 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
I'd agree if they were shown as remotely competent, like say conquering Pandaria at the end of all of this.

But we all know they will get roflpwned and the mogu will, at best, get a cameo next time it is convenient to kill Zandalari.

EDIT: This Blizzard attitude towards villains is what feeds people like Milennia, who while crazy do have a point that they don't need to fear the Burning Legion or the Old Gods, or whatever the fuck that isn't Horde, because it was only Horde that made permanent gains on them.
Again the entire notion is crazy but it is given substance by terrible handling of villains in WoW.
I do agree, the zandalar and Mogu would have more bite if they'd blown up a base belonging to one of the factions or taken it over or killed a notable NPC opposing them and won a battle by doing so.

But this does not have anything to do with twitter so I shall make a separate thread for it!

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-18-2013, 01:47 PM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

I was thinking it would be cool if at the end of all this instead of just killing the Zandalari to solve the problem, we end up making peace with them and ending the war that way. Then, while they wont be allies, have them kind of become a neutral world power that shows up alongside the Horde and Alliance in coming conflicts against forces trying to destroy Azeroth. (One day being a race in wc4?? )

I don't mind the Zandalari as bad guys, not at all, but it would be awesome if they remained relevant even after our current conflict with them ends because I think they're a compelling faction and the more they flesh out their culture (and music, dayum) the more I don't really want to let go

The problem with them winning and taking over Pandaria is that it would feel incredibly lame for the players. One of the benefits that came with the RTS medium is that the player would cycle through all the races so they could have each faction win and lose and there were no claims of "bias", and even if your favorite race wasn't ending up on top, it was still the player who was scoring the victories for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
I do agree, the zandalar and Mogu would have more bite if they'd blown up a base belonging to one of the factions or taken it over or killed a notable NPC opposing them and won a battle by doing so.
Well the Zouchin Village funeral was a pretty big bummer and that whole quest chain definitely did good to make the Zandalari villains, but maybe it would have been better if they had just destroyed the city outright. It's not Horde and Alliance, but it is innocent Pandaren. Even so, they still won there when they brought back DA TUNDA KING.

Last edited by Porimlys; 02-18-2013 at 02:14 PM..
Old 02-18-2013, 02:10 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Micky told me he's expanded Blood of the Highborne considerable since its original conception, I assume that also entails some revision, though I don't know when it was revised.
Yeah, he confirmed he "had to another pass to bring some things up to date".

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 02-18-2013, 02:12 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
I'm glad I convinced him to start tweeting. Let's see how long it'll take him to totally burn out.
https://twitter.com/MickyNeilson/sta...12613726707712

He seems to be handling it well so far. :p
Old 02-18-2013, 02:15 PM

Elune

Must chant the curse.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
https://twitter.com/MickyNeilson/sta...12613726707712

He seems to be handling it well so far. :p
One week from now he'll be a gibbering mess holed up in his office living off of home made beef jerky whose only vocalization will be the word "Lordaeron".

Last edited by Omacron; 02-18-2013 at 02:20 PM..
Old 02-18-2013, 02:23 PM

Elune

We must protect the Micky from the Fojar?
Old 02-18-2013, 02:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
Why should we?
Old 02-18-2013, 02:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Why should we?
You're right. Maybe the Micky can destroy the Fojar once and for all! Quickly we must have a story made about Lordaeron being the Forsaken's now and forever!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:55 PM

Site Staff - Admin

I feel this is kind of inappropriate. Blizzard should have their own forms of open communication with their players instead of relying on the employees' personal Twitter accounts.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:06 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
Why should this even be a concern though? Why should even the outside mediums be tainted by faction whining. Why should a novel focussing on Vol'jin vs a neutral enemy have to have its story rewritten to include the Alliance (read as:fucked over and dragged down the shitter) just for the sake of people incapable of seeing things in a light other then blue or red?
I'm actually more concerned about Vol'jin's involvement with the Zandalar/Mogu forces being put in a book rather than have him engaged at all in the Isle of Thunder content.

Unless 5.3 does more with that.

Quote:
That's what you get for acting the Micky, SmokeBladder.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
I feel this is kind of inappropriate. Blizzard should have their own forms of open communication with their players instead of relying on the employees' personal Twitter accounts.
I guess this depends on whether or not you think of their employees as "Part of Blizzard" or "People who are enthusiastic about their games".
Old 02-18-2013, 03:16 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Must chant the curse.
Already done:

@CEMOTucu: @MickyNeilson @Leviathonlx Let's hope he doesn't turn into another victim of SoL's Curse!

I hope he can answer some questions before closing his twitter... or worse.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)

Tags
arthas is king arthur, blizzard, budd isn't that bad, communications, devs teasing, gilneas vs new zone, handed down by light, i miss northrend, i miss the old horde, lordaeroni rule, lordaeronian & dalaranese, lordaeronian & dalaranian, no lore here, teasing devs, thrall is arminius, thrall is spartacus, uther is uther pendragon