Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 09-26-2016, 07:31 PM

Eternal

Clinton won that.
Trumps biggest weakness is debate.
If your gonna call him sexist, racist, etc it doesn't work it slides off but actually getting him to flounder on the issues is how it works.

DOn't get me wrong, it's lulzy to here about 400lbs hackers and SUPER PREDATORS but it doesn't work in debate.

But will it work on the people? We shall see.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:40 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
Clinton won that.
Trumps biggest weakness is debate.
If your gonna call him sexist, racist, etc it doesn't work it slides off but actually getting him to flounder on the issues is how it works.

DOn't get me wrong, it's lulzy to here about 400lbs hackers and SUPER PREDATORS but it doesn't work in debate.

But will it work on the people? We shall see.
I've yet to watch it, but I figured that's how it would go. I expect Trump to lose, but make a decent enough showing.

I also expect that Clinton had a much larger amount of time to speak, crowds cheering for her won't be shut down vs the Trump audience cheering, and at some point, Trump and the moderator will probably get into it, though to what degree I don't know.

Based off Trump's mannerisms, I expect some mid-speech comments when Clinton is talking, and smug tittering or laughing from her, and...

Softball questions on her email, and... I dunno.. I feel like the Birther thing would be to obvious, maybe his lawsuits with businesses... Is Howard Stern mentioned? I'm sure Iraq is going to come up.

Things I'm unsure of.

-What's going to be said on racial tensions. Is Clinton going to stick to her "Trumps voters are all racists" thing? Whats going to be said regarding police actions?

-If Gun Control comes up, I expect Hillary to frame it as gun safety instead of gun control, focusing mainly on "military" style guns, because that's a common liberal talking point. Unknown on Trump's response..

-Trump's temper? Is he going to take the bait. He's pretty easy to bait at times.

- Will either of the two candidates mention wikileaks/Russi/putin conspiracy theories..

I'm betting I'm pretty spot on.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:40 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Clinton dominated him.

Donald was basically acting like the first thought that pops into a person from an european country thinks about Republicans.

trump got baited hard.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 09-26-2016, 07:43 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Clinton dominated him.

Donald was basically acting like the first thought that pops into a person from an european country thinks about Republicans.

trump got baited hard.
I feel like we just watched an orange man drown.
Member #14
Old 09-26-2016, 07:44 PM

Elune

Yeah, Clinton definitely won that one.

Trump just dragged too much, spending too long going too deep into the defensive side. Hilary just shrugged it off with a smirk and a handwave, and it actually worked because she was able to maintain that disposition. Trump, even if he gave answers, rambled for too long to the point he was digging himself further into it.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:50 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Yeah, Clinton definitely won that one.

Trump just dragged too much, spending too long going too deep into the defensive side. Hilary just shrugged it off with a smirk and a handwave, and it actually worked because she was able to maintain that disposition. Trump, even if he gave answers, rambled for too long to the point he was digging himself further into it.
Because he didn't have much experience or knowledge on the stuff he was talking about, so this greatly lacked his ability to give out points in the debate.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:52 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

So I was wondering whether people had already gotten around to making an Alien vs Predator joke about the US election (or rather, I assumed people had already done so, so I was really wondering how hard it'd be to find said jokes) and well, let's just say searching for the phrase "Whoever wins, we lose" returned a full row of Hillary vs Trump posters before the actual movie poster.

So at the very least, those of you who despair at the current state of your politics can take some small solace in the fact your kin includes people with some amount of knowledge in image editing software.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:57 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 09-26-2016, 08:02 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
So I was wondering whether people had already gotten around to making an Alien vs Predator joke about the US election (or rather, I assumed people had already done so, so I was really wondering how hard it'd be to find said jokes) and well, let's just say searching for the phrase "Whoever wins, we lose" returned a full row of Hillary vs Trump posters before the actual movie poster.

So at the very least, those of you who despair at the current state of your politics can take some small solace in the fact your kin includes people with some amount of knowledge in image editing software.
I still have this from last time:

Also, fun quote to remember: "I will absolutely support her."

Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 09-26-2016 at 08:23 PM..
Old 09-26-2016, 08:30 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Ya know, maybe Russia should have just nuked it all...
Old 09-26-2016, 09:30 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

I want to see a debate between Bill Clinton and Trump.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:56 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I want to see a debate between Bill Clinton and Trump.
Trump would just give him a rusty saxophone.

I think America has forgotten what a debate even is.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:37 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
MLK Jr. That exact same interview.
As you someone of your posting caliber should surmise, Kellick (and hopefully, Ragnahar as well), I'm not condoning the riots nor violence against police officers. But I (and MLK Jr.) do believe that these race riots are symptomatic of the underlying issues of racial injustice being unheard for so long. A boiling pot with a lid left unattended...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
You don't have to disagree with someone to correct their arguments, on the contrary its probably more beneficial to correct it if you agree with them.
What about my argument is he correcting, Ragnahar? He's providing an additional part of MLK Jr.'s views on riots, and one that does not contradict what I said about him. You're letting your emotions get the best of you and cloud your judgments here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
I didn't watch the debate, because I hate this election.

So far, I'm getting the impression that the Trump fans think Trump did well, and the Clinton fans think Clinton did well. Same old shit.
I don't think that the debates were ever for the their base support. It's for those on either side who were otherwise convinced. If Clinton does better at impressing those who were undecided to vote for her than Trump does at impressing those who were undecided to vote for him, then that's a win for Clinton. The same is true vice versa.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:47 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post

I don't think that the debates were ever for the their base support. It's for those on either side who were otherwise convinced. If Clinton does better at impressing those who were undecided to vote for her than Trump does at impressing those who were undecided to vote for him, then that's a win for Clinton. The same is true vice versa.
Yeah, good point.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 09-26-2016, 11:57 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
Yeah, good point.
It's still a monkey show, but there is (somewhat) method to the madness.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:06 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Trump would just give him a rusty saxophone.

I think America has forgotten what a debate even is.
Yeah the candidates aren't supposed to talk to each other this much...
Old 09-27-2016, 03:36 AM

Elune

Old 09-27-2016, 03:41 AM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Trump Supporters: "Yeah Trump won! #killary!"

Hillary Supporters: "Yeah Hillary owned Trump! Racist cis scum fuck bastards! #BLM"

Independents: "Fml"
Old 09-27-2016, 03:45 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Regardless of her first debate performance, I don't think that Clinton, particularly her supporters, should be complacent though. If you look back at past presidential debates, the immediate reaction of a debate often is followed by the spin-doctoring phase. There have been "winners" of the debates (e.g. Gore, Romney) who subsequently lost the debate (and presidency) in the spin-doctoring phase. The media holds an exceedingly low bar for Trump's standards that he just has to perform "well enough" to keep pace. That said, I think that Clinton was also the only primary candidate, whether Democrat or Republican, who took Trump seriously as a potential presidential candidate. There were reports of her preparing to debate Trump back when Bush was still in the primary race. I suspect that her downfall will not come from her underestimating Trump (and his support), but from her supporters underestimating Trump supporters.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:10 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
You found a Black Lives Matter supporter. Tell the SJW to riot with the chimps.

Anyway, this debate was crafted so that Trump would give the MSM something to pounce on and chimpout over for the next week. Praising Stop and Frisk? Birtherism? Taxes?

As for drawing undecided voters or clawing back the journey of Whitey working-class Dems to Trump (or away from Hillary)? Nope. The debate showed Trump is sticking with his Law And Order theme (see him praising Stop And Frisk) while Hillary supports Thug Lives Matter. That alone dooms Hillary getting the Whitey voters she needs to win. As noted on a blog, Whiteys of the worker and middle class are suspicious of the anti-cop habit among progressives, what with the entitlement that comes with a contempt for cops (THOSE PIGS DARE ASK ME TO SHOW ID!!!).

Last edited by Galdus; 09-27-2016 at 05:16 AM..
Old 09-27-2016, 05:36 AM

Poor Soldier

You're very much right. Romney, almost unanimously won the first debate, hands down against Obama, everything showed it, then through the next few Romney became complacent, no longer as aggressive or challenging as he had been in the first, and afterwards, with the large hurricane along the east coast, everything spiraled out of his control, and he lost. Combined that with every Republican debate, where people like Marco Rubio obliterated Trump on the debate stage, and he won big anyway. You can see it all ready, the moderator is every excuse Trump supporters need to piss them off even more.

By right I meant Genesis, not Galdus, Galdus can go choke on a bag of big black dicks.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:09 AM

Echo of the Past

Haven't been able to watch it yet. I get the impression that Hillary won based on my little Christian conservative radio network remarking that she seemed "overprepared" and "not transparent" and went on with her "grating voice", while they applaud Trump on his "transparency" and "restraint", yet feel he sometimes "didn't defend himself as well as he should" and that he should have been "more aggressive" and that he had "so many opportunities" to tear her down that he didn't take advantage of.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:29 AM

Banished

http://socialdemocracy21stcentury.bl...ebate.html?m=1

Hillary got whooped on the economy.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:38 AM

Poor Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Haven't been able to watch it yet. I get the impression that Hillary won based on my little Christian conservative radio network remarking that she seemed "overprepared" and "not transparent" and went on with her "grating voice", while they applaud Trump on his "transparency" and "restraint", yet feel he sometimes "didn't defend himself as well as he should" and that he should have been "more aggressive" and that he had "so many opportunities" to tear her down that he didn't take advantage of.
Does it matter who won, when you know either way America loses?
Old 09-27-2016, 06:47 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
Does it matter who won, when you know either way America loses?
If Predator beats Alien, it might keep most of us alive as a game preserve. If Jason beats Freddy, we can still sleep in most parts of the world

Tags
#yesallhumans, 2016, bring back monarchy, darkest timeline, disband all factions, giant asteroid 2016, hate trumps love, it's 2016 come on!, politics, sylvanas for president