Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Site News

Old 09-05-2007, 06:08 PM

Loremaster

Knights of the Damned
Old 09-05-2007, 08:13 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
I'm actually pleased that they are doing the same motiff for the trilogy hehe, I wonder who will be on the last one.
Some people I've talked to think it could possibly be Tassadar, Raszagal, Fenix or one of the other Protoss who fell before the swarm.

I think it is an awesome idea personally.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:06 PM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

I considered it was for the Death Knight class, but it's odd that they would make one for a class, even if it was a hero class. Something closer to what they've done with the other classes (ex: green dagger for the rogue, staff for the priest, etc) seems more like what they'd do.

Also, it seems to me that a Death Knight crest should have some kind of runeblade on it, not sickles.

It actually reminds me of this more than anything:
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery...e.php?pos=-749

Mostly just for the similar lanterns (though actually the Revenant one is a mace I think.. or a "Mace-tern" ) But also the sheild is sort of a similar shape to the back of the crest. Not much, but just reminded me of that piece

But maybe a Revenant faction in Northrend? Speaking of which, we haven't seen any Revenants at all in WoW, have we? *clasps hands together in anticipation*

Edit: Has the Revenant piece *always* been the very last item in Samwise's gallery there? Why is it not with the colored pieces? Wonder if it was secretly added recently because they will end up re-using it in some WoW promotional stuff (i.e. like another Bestiary)? Or maybe I'm just being paranoid

Last edited by Warlock; 09-05-2007 at 09:11 PM..
Old 09-05-2007, 09:29 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: DrunkenPanda#1589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
I considered it was for the Death Knight class, but it's odd that they would make one for a class, even if it was a hero class. Something closer to what they've done with the other classes (ex: green dagger for the rogue, staff for the priest, etc) seems more like what they'd do.
I think they did do that. Their icon is a runeblade.

Personally, I'm still stumped as to what it could be. Sure, it could be a faction of Death Knights, but we haven't really gotten any sort crest for other factions before, outside of tabard designs.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:42 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwind View Post
I think they did do that. Their icon is a runeblade.

Personally, I'm still stumped as to what it could be. Sure, it could be a faction of Death Knights, but we haven't really gotten any sort crest for other factions before, outside of tabard designs.
It's gonna be damned sad if the Death knights get whole chains of extra quests and stories and are treated like a real "group" within the game while the rest of the classes rot in Generic Raid Questline Hell. After level 40 or so the story and NPC's in WoW suddenly couldn't care less if the player is a warrior, rogue or mage. Where's the high-level Paladin hangout? Where's the place where Warlocks can go at level 70 and tackle problems that only such a Warlock can handle? Where's the "Brotherhood of Warriors"-type group where player Warriors can go to regularly test their mettle alongside and against other warriors? Give people some class-based story diversity dammit!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:45 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
It's gonna be damned sad if the Death knights get whole chains of extra quests and stories and are treated like a real "group" within the game while the rest of the classes rot in Generic Raid Questline Hell.
Better the Death Knight than nobody, though I think.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:47 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
It's gonna be damned sad if the Death knights get whole chains of extra quests and stories and are treated like a real "group" within the game while the rest of the classes rot in Generic Raid Questline Hell. After level 40 or so the story and NPC's in WoW suddenly couldn't care less if the player is a warrior, rogue or mage. Where's the high-level Paladin hangout? Where's the place where Warlocks can go at level 70 and tackle problems that only such a Warlock can handle? Where's the "Brotherhood of Warriors"-type group where player Warriors can go to regularly test their mettle alongside and against other warriors? Give people some class-based story diversity dammit!
Are any of THOSE hero classes?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:48 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuki View Post
Are any of THOSE hero classes?
Exactly.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'd love if they put in some flavor for the regular classes, too. I'm still holding out hope that Ravenholdt will be finished someday.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:51 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Imagine, Death Knights begging on General Chat for somebody to run them through dungeons to finish content that not a single other class gets to benefit from, well after the regular classes have gotten everything they need from said dungeons.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:52 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

I know what you mean, ARM. I agree with you. I'm just saying let's not stifle original class-specific content in the aims of fairness.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:01 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
I know what you mean, ARM. I agree with you. I'm just saying let's not stifle original class-specific content in the aims of fairness.
Understood. Though I'm certainly bracing myself for the oncoming flood.

No, not the flood of new Death Knights once WotLk is released. I mean the flood of new complainers in WoW.

Mark my words, unless Blizz completely redefines the mechanics of instance encounters down to the core necessities to make "room for one more" on the list of needed support roles, somebody is going to find themselves with less work with a new class running around. Even were it not a hero class, any new class addition would, by the very nature of adding such a thing, take a bite out of one of the other classes' roles in group-oriented content. Since it's such a big deal, I couldn't imagine Blizz making the whole thing exclusive by creating requirements only available to high-end raiders. It's a shiny new class; they'll want everyone to have the chance to try it if they so choose.

It'll certainly make for some interesting arguments about who's overpowered and who needs nerfing, though. Not to mention a new pair of hands reaching into the pot whenever plate armor drops.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:23 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

If the warlock haven'd turn out like moonglade... I'd actually prefer blizz would spend time making a raid I'd never go to.

Hopefully moonglade will be revisited if they ever bring in the Dream.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:18 AM

Eternal

So if that tabard is for the Death Knights, it´s safe to assume that they are going to form their own "Silver Hand".

After a couple of weeks, the concept doesn´t sounds so strange.

Warlock, Lord of Scrolls of Lore: Shut up, Timolas
Old 09-07-2007, 11:01 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
So if that tabard is for the Death Knights, it´s safe to assume that they are going to form their own "Silver Hand".

After a couple of weeks, the concept doesn´t sounds so strange.
I hope there is some dynamic between these Knights of the Damned (If that's what this is) and the Order. It could be quite interesting. . .
Old 09-07-2007, 11:25 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
I hope there is some dynamic between these Knights of the Damned (If that's what this is) and the Order. It could be quite interesting. . .
WoW is too static for that.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:29 AM

Elune

Since the Death Knights are parts of the alliance and the horde, they can't have a faction-free order.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:18 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrah View Post
Since the Death Knights are parts of the alliance and the horde, they can't have a faction-free order.
The existence of the Cenarion Circle would seem to argue against your assertion...
Old 09-07-2007, 04:49 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan Seven View Post
The existence of the Cenarion Circle would seem to argue against your assertion...
Not to mention Ravenholdt.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:06 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuki View Post
Not to mention Ravenholdt.
They really need to go back and make Ravenholdt a full fledged faction one day.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:56 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
They really need to go back and make Ravenholdt a full fledged faction one day.
I demand Syndicate first.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:32 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan Seven View Post
Druidism is something of a pacifistic thing, while Death Knight-ism on the other hand....

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:33 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrah View Post
Druidism is something of a pacifistic thing, while Death Knight-ism on the other hand....
Pacifistic my rosey red ass....
Old 09-08-2007, 07:40 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

We need Syndicate and Bloodsail Buccaneers rep fixed up real good.
Killing 10, 000 Ravenholdt bitches to hit neutral with the Syndicate and getting nothing out of it is insane.

Mage tried to hit neutral once, I saw his armoury profile. xD
Old 09-08-2007, 08:16 AM

Eternal

Quote:
We need Syndicate and Bloodsail Buccaneers rep fixed up real good.
Killing 10, 000 Ravenholdt bitches to hit neutral with the Syndicate and getting nothing out of it is insane.
They won´t, they stopped bothering with unfinished low level questlines much less fixing a entire faction, they probably just give the Wildhammer treatment and take them off the faction list.

Poor Silvermoon Remnants and Theramore....

Warlock, Lord of Scrolls of Lore: Shut up, Timolas
Old 09-08-2007, 12:29 PM

Loremaster

Silvermoon Raiment and Theramore were supposed to be in a patch, they were even in the patch notes, but they never showed up lol.