Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 12-23-2013, 01:56 PM

Elune

Default Make a human Calia

As a counterpoint to the other thread, there's the idea that Calia was hiding somewhere among her fellow humans. Who do you think she could be interesting to have been Calia all along? Someone in Stormwind? Stromgarde? An argent crusader? A scarlet crusader? A defias bandit? A syndicate supporter? Or has she just been publicly hanging around Kul Tiras, drinking margaritas?
Old 12-23-2013, 01:59 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Actually a human Calia kidnapped by the Syndicate could be a potentially fun way of actually making the Syndicate relevant again.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Actually a human Calia kidnapped by the Syndicate could be a potentially fun way of actually making the Syndicate relevant again.
This would tie in nicely if Danath returned and assaulted Arathi. Kind of like the 'Missing Diplomat' questline with the revelation at the end the diplomat is in-fact Varian.

Most of the speculation regarding Calia revolved around the SI:7 agent of the same first name before, and I don't believe she was stated as KIA during Tides of War. That being said, it could have just been a reused first name as I doubt SI:7 would risk the heir to Lordaeron doing spy work.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:01 PM

Elune

I might be the guy who wants everything to go down in flames, you by making these two threads seem intent on covering everything in poop however
Old 12-23-2013, 02:03 PM

The Sun King

I like "Calia 'Hint"asgs" exactly because she fills the "she ran away and didn't want to bother with being involved in high politics" pretty nicely.

After a life of being a bargaining chip of betrothal in the game of thrones, I think the girl wouldn't want to get involved with any of that stuff against her will anymore, and any feeling of "national patriotism" (to fight for Lordaeron as a treasure by itself, and not by its connection to dynasty/title) was hard to fight among the people of this era.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:03 PM

World Builder

Runes

Human Calia living in political exile / secrecy in Kul'tiras feels like a decent idea.

Not a fighter but someone used to politics.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-23-2013, 02:04 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
I like "Calia 'Hint"asgs" exactly because she fills the "she ran away and didn't want to bother with being involved in high politics" pretty nicely.

After a life of being a bargaining chip of betrothal in the game of thrones, I think the girl wouldn't want to get involved with any of that stuff against her will anymore, and any feeling of "national patriotism" (to fight for Lordaeron as a treasure by itself, and not by its connection to dynasty/title) was hard to fight among the people of this era.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:06 PM

The Sun King

Quote:
Nice try, but I know you don't hate characters who forget about Lordaeron because reasons.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:15 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Only if they do a Day of the Dragon-ish plot where all the human kingdoms do something. Stromgarde vs. Syndicate, Gilneas vs. Forsaken, Kul Tiras coming back... some nobles...

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:17 PM

Eternal

If they go with Calia still being alive, they could have her hiding out in Kul'Tiras. There could be a potential political marriage between her and another Proudmoore son (if there are any) in place of Arthas-Jaina.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:18 PM

The Sun King

Is she still in baby-making age by this point?
Old 12-23-2013, 02:22 PM

Elune

Quote:
Yeah. She was pre-marital age in Day of the dragon, which is only like 14(?) years ago in current canon.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:29 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Varian was born in year -10, Calia in -6, Arthas in -4 and Jaina in -3.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:30 PM

Banished

Quote:
Mid 30s, so yes.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:31 PM

Elune

I would have Calia in the talks with noble families of Kul'Tiras to reclaim Lordaeron.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:39 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhinyAlly View Post
I would have Calia in the talks with noble families of Stromgarde to reclaim Lordaeron.
Fixed
Old 12-23-2013, 02:45 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Fixed
Stromgarde still has problems with its own kingdom whereas Kul'Tiras may have been better off all this time (provided Blizzard doesn't destroy it offscreen).

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:47 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Stromgarde still has problems with its own kingdom whereas Kul'Tiras may have been better off all this time (provided Blizzard doesn't destroy it offscreen).
Without wanting to sound like a broken record, that's exactly why Stromgarde and Lordaeron should come together as a new Northern Human Kingdom.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:52 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Why is it that dwarf fans seem to have such a hard-on for the human kingdom of Stromgarde?
Old 12-23-2013, 04:58 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Why is it that dwarf fans seem to have such a hard-on for the human kingdom of Stromgarde?
It sits right on the Thandol span, and is close to wildhammer a Stromgarde / Dwarf partnership in lore is very favorable.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-23-2013, 04:59 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Calia should be a surviving Scarlet Crusader. One who didn't become insane. Seeking to redeem it and to reforge the Silver Hand within the Alliance. She'd be a new iconic human paladin, redeeming the Menethil name.
This I'd pay to see.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 12-23-2013, 04:59 PM

Eternal

She should have lived anonymously among the Argent Dawn/Crusade. Following the large of influx of Lordaeron exiles to the Argent Crusade, there rises a demand for the organisation to reclaim the rest of Lordaeron (they already have Hearthglen and Stratholme). Calia steps out and becomes the leader of this movement. With support from the Alliance, a war is declared upon Sylvanas, who does not have the support of her people. Calia and the Argent Crusade kill Sylvanas but upon realising that the Forsaken are her people, and that the Crusade wants to purge them, she betrays the Argents. The Argents are driven beyond the Bulwark. Calia then kills herself to become the Forsaken Queen of Western Lordaeron.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:16 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Calia should be a surviving Scarlet Crusader. One who didn't become insane. Seeking to redeem it and to reforge the Silver Hand within the Alliance. She'd be a new iconic human paladin, redeeming the Menethil name.
Wow, and you accused Krakhed and I of having crazy ideas? This is just full-on delusional.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I honestly have 0 faith in any Scarlets rejoining the Alliance after getting trolled hard about it in Cata.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:38 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

I like either Hastings or the whole kidnapped-by-Syndicate dealio.

Then again, if I were in charge of things she'd be part of the plot back in vanilla, rather than just being teased around because Blizzard cannot put something into reality without it being disappointing or infuriating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
She should have lived anonymously among the Argent Dawn/Crusade. Following the large of influx of Lordaeron exiles to the Argent Crusade, there rises a demand for the organisation to reclaim the rest of Lordaeron (they already have Hearthglen and Stratholme). Calia steps out and becomes the leader of this movement. With support from the Alliance, a war is declared upon Sylvanas, who does not have the support of her people. Calia and the Argent Crusade kill Sylvanas but upon realising that the Forsaken are her people, and that the Crusade wants to purge them, she betrays the Argents. The Argents are driven beyond the Bulwark. Calia then kills herself to become the Forsaken Queen of Western Lordaeron.
I see through your disguise, Smokebladder/Nonane!

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.

Tags
for lordaeron!, horde bias, horrible whining, human property, lordaeron, lordaeron lordaeron