Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-30-2016, 09:49 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Default Sell me on Legion.

Seeing how Keen is turning SE into a shitshow i am looking back to past ventures to fill my sleepless nights. Never would i have thought i would look towards WoW but IGoD told me a thing or two (in addition to some fallout that i couldn't avoid via retweets). I have heard that LFR is back to it's former glory, and that they have introduced a rideable warturtle (not a GIANT ARMORED rideable warturtle but i've noted it as an olive branche).

Please keep to facts as reasons like "Blizz has said Feature X will come later" require to believe them a single word they say, and unless it's something stupid i'm not willing to do so.

So here's what i gathered so far:

Pro:
- LFR full loot table (true or not? I'm counting weapons, armor, trinkets etc. Mounts and Titles and crap can be reserverd for the higher tiers).
- Rideable Warturtle.
- I remember liking the Legion weapon idea once they explained it a bit more
- Seeing how i'm apparently the only one who liked Garrisons i'm interested in the Class Order Halls.
- The Burning Legion back as the big enemy? Before Orclords Of Orcland i'd have been all over that.

Contra:
- It's a Blizzard product - with all the bad that that entails.
- NoFlight.
- Gladiator Stance removed - the one good change Orclords offered.
- Class Orders are a weird idea and from what i've heard the storylines are supremely short.
- Sylvanas isn't dead yet.
- Baine isn't Warchief yet.
- I fear for Anduin's life.
- I fear for Jaina's sanity. And life.
- I don't give two shits about Illidan.
- I don't give one shit about elfs, and actively hate playing them, so the biggest selling point of a new class is negated entirely by not having Tauren Demon Hunters.
- Still more expensive for less content.

Since i haven't collected any news about WoW in a looong, long while i have no information about the following:

- Dailies back?
- Will the new scaling system work fine or piss me off considering i'm groundbound?
- Is Vol'jin dead dead or is the Hosenlose Warchief hiding again?
- Has Blizzard finally eased up on european gold prices? Will i be able to buy-in once and support myself via playing from there?

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 08-30-2016 at 10:17 AM..
Old 08-30-2016, 11:00 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

There are world quests, which are basically lots of dailies.

Scaling works fine.

Dead dead and Sylvanas still wears his pants.

It's not really Blizzard's fault that our tokens cost so much more.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:09 AM

Priestess of the Moon

I liked Garrisons. Order Halls are like them, but nicer, and populated with people.

I've played through 1 zone so far, and it's been great. The landscape is nice. The music was upgraded vanilla music, so I liked that.

The pacing feels better than WoD. So does the story overall.

I've found a lot of typos.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:00 PM

Elune

It's not Warlords of Draenor.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:21 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
It's not Warlords of Draenor.
Tempting.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:34 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Pro: new taurens are amazing.

Con: They are not playable.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:53 PM

Eternal

There's an entire zone about Tauren.
And another one that makes you feel like you're back in Northrend. In a good way!
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 09-05-2016, 02:57 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Remember when they promised some shit in Vanilla and that was the first time they let you down in a long string of let downs that get worse and worse over time? They made good on some of that 11 years later. If the roller coaster keeps going they may actually mend broken hearts
Old 09-05-2016, 03:10 PM

You get totems for your tauren. Not as weapons, but still, you get tomes for your tauren.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:24 PM

Elune

The storytelling is exceptionally well-done, combining the good parts of MoP, WotLK and even Vanilla. It feels a lot less like you're juts working your way down the quest list, and a lot more like you're on a continuous adventure. Even exploration is actually both fun and rewarding. Like most expansions, the main story is the weak part of the expansion. However, like MoP, the expansion gets around that by not really having the main story be all that central. Rather than some great war against the legion, the game feels more like the world's most epic scavenger hunt, set at some crossroads of places throughout the world (that are somehow all on one island). Each zone has its wholly unique charms, and there's multiple major questlines that take you to previous parts of the world as well.

It doesn't rank quite up there with MoP for me yet, but it's definitely among the good expansions.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:00 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

1. This is probably the biggest focus on tauren there's even been, even if they're a slightly different group than the player ones. Baine even had a huge role in Highmountain but they cut it (he was replaced by more time with a new highmountain tauren character).

2. Sylvannas is Warchief, but she actually gets defeated utterly and totally for trying to do something evil for once.

3. Anduin isn't going anywhere. Blizzard released a comic showing that he'll live to old age as High King of the Alliance and lead the forces of Azeroth in "the final battle."

4. They've been really shifty in interviews about Vol'jin's death, so I'd say there's at least a chance he's coming back.

5. Class hall storylines occur as you level, which really helps with replayability.

6. Blizzard seems to be making good on their faster content, as they've already released several preview videos for 7.1, which will contain a "mega dungeon" (a remade Kara with old and brand new areas and bosses), a vrykul raid, and outdoor content styled after 5.1's landfall campaign. All of these things have had ingame footage shown (including all the bosses in the raid), and the PTR is supposed to go live in the next few weeks.

7. They've actually made a zone where no-flying makes for really fun gameplay. Stormheim is a very vertical zone that you traverse using a grappling hook. It's really fun and would be completely ruined by the addition of flying. So while you wait for them to add it, you can enjoy being grounded in at least one area.

8. Lots of old faces and areas get new lore, often tied to your class. Monks get to see what's happened to Pandaria and the Wandering Isle since the Legion invaded, Demon Hunters return to the Black Temple to confront Akama, Death Knights join forces with the Lich King to resurrect some notable NPCs we killed in the past (coughNazgrimcough) to form the New Four Horseman, warlocks catch up with the Council of the Black Harvest from MoP, rogues find out a certain leader of the Defias isn't so dead after all, paladins (sort of)meet Turalyon and Alleria, etc.

9. They're adding a mobile app that lets you do order hall missions, it's coming out tomorrow.

10. There is tons of voice acting. Almost every major quest has some voice-acting, even the repeatable world quests.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 09-05-2016 at 05:24 PM..
Old 09-05-2016, 05:37 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
1. This is probably the biggest focus on tauren there's even been, even if they're a slightly different group than the player ones. Baine even had a huge role in Highmountain but they cut it (he was replaced by more time with a new highmountain tauren character).

2. Sylvannas is Warchief, but she actually gets defeated utterly and totally for trying to do something evil for once.

3. Anduin isn't going anywhere. Blizzard released a comic showing that he'll live to old age as High King of the Alliance and lead the forces of Azeroth in "the final battle."

4. They've been really shifty in interviews about Vol'jin's death, so I'd say there's at least a chance he's coming back.

5. Class hall storylines occur as you level, which really helps with replayability.

6. Blizzard seems to be making good on their faster content, as they've already released several preview videos for 7.1, which will contain a "mega dungeon" (a remade Kara with old and brand new areas and bosses), a vrykul raid, and outdoor content styled after 5.1's landfall campaign. All of these things have had ingame footage shown (including all the bosses in the raid), and the PTR is supposed to go live in the next few weeks.

7. They've actually made a zone where no-flying makes for really fun gameplay. Stormheim is a very vertical zone that you traverse using a grappling hook. It's really fun and would be completely ruined by the addition of flying. So while you wait for them to add it, you can enjoy being grounded in at least one area.

8. Lots of old faces and areas get new lore, often tied to your class. Monks get to see what's happened to Pandaria and the Wandering Isle since the Legion invaded, Demon Hunters return to the Black Temple to confront Akama, Death Knights join forces with the Lich King to resurrect some notable NPCs we killed in the past (coughNazgrimcough) to form the New Four Horseman, warlocks catch up with the Council of the Black Harvest from MoP, rogues find out a certain leader of the Defias isn't so dead after all, paladins (sort of)meet Turalyon and Alleria, etc.

9. They're adding a mobile app that lets you do order hall missions, it's coming out tomorrow.

10. There is tons of voice acting. Almost every major quest has some voice-acting, even the repeatable world quests.
Accurate, playing a DH is a little awkward the mobility is so fun you don't miss flying, then you play another toon and it's like a sack of potatoes. Even if you hate the NE and BE the DH is unique as outside of a frame there's unique animations and voice acting, it's less about being a elf and more about being a DH which is really nice.

As was mentioned I love how any sentient mobs have unique dialogue and enough of it that it's not quickly tired.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:24 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Anyone raise hands: who's surprised that Baine got another major storyline cut?
Same problem as the Orcland Draenei - it's not relevant to the player Tauren.

Quote:
Seeing how Baine is never going to get the job as he deserves i'd say there's no chance he's actually dead. Ripping off Vol'Jin's own storyline to let him come back from the dead is so Blizzard it hurts.

Quote:
I guess that's nice.

Quote:
Does "5.1-styled" mean Daily Quests?

Quote:
7. They've actually made a zone where no-flying makes for really fun gameplay.
I'm going to stop you right there. There is literally zero chance of No Flight being fun for me. That is not happening.

Quote:
And Warriors... have zero class lore and got their best spec cut. Return to Pandaria and Wandering Isle sounds nice but i don't like the Monk gameplay. Or DK gameplay. Or Warlock gameplay. Actually every class sucks except Warriors, and they made those suck too. I guess Hunter was okay.

Quote:
If i had a smartphone that still wouldn't interest me.

Quote:
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
You get totems for your tauren. Not as weapons, but still, you get tomes for your tauren.
I will require screenshots of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
It feels a lot less like you're juts working your way down the quest list [...] However, like MoP, the expansion gets around that by not really having the main story be all that central. Rather than some great war against the legion, the game feels more like the world's most epic scavenger hunt, set at some crossroads of places throughout the world (that are somehow all on one island). Each zone has its wholly unique charms, and there's multiple major questlines that take you to previous parts of the world as well.
That's actually quite troubling to hear. I LIKE working my way down a quest line. I LIKE storylines that work with each other. Remember the Northrend Campaign? Northrend wouldn't have worked like this. At ALL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Remember when they promised some shit in Vanilla and that was the first time they let you down in a long string of let downs that get worse and worse over time? They made good on some of that 11 years later. If the roller coaster keeps going they may actually mend broken hearts
I remember an awful lot of promises surrounding Flight and see where we are now.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 09-05-2016 at 10:28 PM..
Old 09-06-2016, 01:42 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Gladiator Stance removed - the one good change Orclords offered.
Not undone, and if I played Warrior I'd be salty as fuck about that too.

We need more playstyle options, not less. I'm still waiting for a proper DPS option for Priests that uses Holy Magic instead of the edge-lord Shadow shit. (Disc is alright but it's still about Healing overall)

Quote:
Baine isn't Warchief yet.
And never will be, they've ruined Book Baine by not using him in-game. I'd like to say I'm shocked but at this point, I'm just not.

Quote:
I fear for Anduin's life.
Why?

Quote:
Still more expensive for less content.
Yeah, they've done nothing about this and won't address it when they're pulled up on it. Classy as ever.

Quote:
Dailies back?
Yes, but not to the degree you're thinking of/would like.

Quote:
Will the new scaling system work fine or piss me off considering i'm groundbound?
The latter.

Last edited by Hammerbrew; 09-06-2016 at 01:44 AM..
Old 09-07-2016, 12:54 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

You get the Ashbringer...

Voljin is as dead as dead gets, considering you burned his corpse on a giant pyre.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 09-07-2016, 04:47 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
You get the Ashbringer...

Voljin is as dead as dead gets, considering you burned his corpse on a giant pyre.
That just means he comes back as a pantsless, shiny, loagod of war.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:52 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Where the fuck is Charge i can't find my Charge how the fuck am i supposed to Charge it's called Charge not Intercept you goddamn psychopaths god i hate this company

Honorary mention: where the fuck are my glyphs

why did i let myself talk into this this was a terrible idea

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 09-07-2016 at 01:37 PM..
Old 09-07-2016, 02:03 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Where the fuck is Charge i can't find my Charge how the fuck am i supposed to Charge it's called Charge not Intercept you goddamn psychopaths god i hate this company

Honorary mention: where the fuck are my glyphs

why did i let myself talk into this this was a terrible idea
Charge is still there on my warrior? I'm arms spec though.

There are no major glyphs anymore. There are minor (cosmetic only) glyphs that you apply directly to the spell the effect in your spellbook, but you can have as many as you want (just not two that the effect the same spell).
Old 09-07-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Charge is still there on my warrior? I'm arms spec though.

There are no major glyphs anymore. There are minor (cosmetic only) glyphs that you apply directly to the spell the effect in your spellbook, but you can have as many as you want (just not two that the effect the same spell).
Fury also still has charge, but prot did lose it.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:32 PM

Eternal

Doesn't Intervene function as Charge if you're targeting an enemy now?
Old 09-07-2016, 02:34 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Here's a thought: can we NOT fuck up the Warchief things every other Warchief? Like the Star Trek movies, have the even-numbered not suck instead of all of them?
Old 09-07-2016, 02:35 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
Doesn't Intervene function as Charge if you're targeting an enemy now?
Yes. They simply merged two spells and named the merge Intervene, as charging at your ally sounds a bit more stupid than intervening against your enemy.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:11 PM

Sha of Disappointment

BITCH my honor is FLAWLESS!
Old 09-16-2016, 10:49 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Alright. So i've been doing this Legion thing for a while now; this is what i could gather so far...

- LFR full loot table
Not even out yet but from everything i hear it's back to proper loot. I approve. I just hope it's not as dumbed down as Orclords 6.0 LFR. (Haven't played during 6.1 so i can't judged that one.)

- Artifact Weapons
I like the idea but the implementation leaves much to be desired. Generally you end up getting very little quest rewards (especially once you hit Suramar) that aren't consumeable items, and while i know WHY they're doing it like this i find it quite annoying having to manually use that shit every single time i get one - or have it spam my inventory. The artifacts should just share one level and the power should be granted instant. I enjoy the fact that it could get maxed out by anyone, though, not just raiders. Big plus in my book.
As for Warrior weapons... well i guess i DO know Deathwing, he HAS annoyed me an entire add on long, but even then - shouldn't stuff relating to him be Shaman-folk-related? I mean Paladins get to wield the Ashbringer and i get... some discarded skin flake and an unrelated sword. Meh. I say Meh.

- Order Halls.
Oh boy.
First of all the gating is pissing me off something fierce. Weeklong research are you fucking kidding me? I'll probably not even be playing when that shit finally dings. Also: only five followers, and that includes the one you're carting around so it can't even go on missions. They took everything good from Garrisons, removed it and left only the crap. YES, Garrisons had a problem with too many followers, but this is the exact fucking opposite problem.
Also: Warrios go to Vrykul Heaven. I'm just going to say it; if the Vrykul Heaven campaign was ANYTHING ELSE than an order hall i'd be all over it. It's great. I enjoy it.
But... it has fuckall to do with Warriors. I haven't seen any other order hall yet (not counting the Demon Hunter one which i visited for a minute, then got bored) but from what i remember reading the Warrior seems to be the only one who has ZERO shit to do with his or her order. Worst part: it would have been so. fucking. easy. to give them a proper one - just have someone build a unified army. Literally every single standard footsoldier mook mob in the game is a fucking WARRIOR archetype. Have Velen commision a fucking Faction-unified Garrison in the Broken Isles and you're golden.
Oh and my BIGGEST problem with Vrykul Heaven? Your character doesn't just get to be the boss of an order, nono. NOOOoooononono. My Tauren Warrior Camy is now The Greated Warrior On Azeroth. So lemme get this streight - after all the various hero Warriors have done this honor belongs to a guy who was chosen after defeating one measly Pit Lord; a rather tiny one, actually, which he killed with the aid of two strong Vrykul allies, both of which died, mind you, and Camy himself only survived by devine intervention. DUDE. FUCKING. OWNED US. But yeah. Greatest Warrior On Azeroth.

- The Burning Legion.
I enjoy the Burning Legion as an enemy. They make sense.

- NoFlight.
Just like Orcland the Broken Isles seem to have been designed with flying in mind - that is i have died a grand total of twice to overpowering mobs but keep dieing to mountains. It's not just a simple matter of convenience; the transportation in Broken Isles is fucking BROKEN because flying was removed and the terrain not altered to reflect that. Especially now that they finally got players out in the wild again.
The portals and the flying master whistle are nice ideas but can't replace a perfectly working feature that was removed, and particularly the portals are so numerous i keep losing track of where i could actually go with them. Not that they help much; they cut down on travel time but don't usually get you where you want to be, so you're having to travel anyway. I have noticed i used them less and less and just use my ground mounts. I swear it's faster than using them unless my target area is literally on the other side of the map.
The Stormheim hook would admittedly be a great toy if it fucking worked - it's bugged as shit, especially whenever you actually need it, and without the ability to use it everywhere it's nigh useless for exploring, grinding or even questing in many an area.

- Gladiator Stance removed / Prot Warrior questing.
I knew removing Glady Stance would fuck with Prots but i didn't anticipate being nerfed back down close to BC levels of suckage. Prot Warriors are insanely underpowered and take forever for every single mob. Yes, we are shithouses that can take on just about every enemy that isn't 110 Elite, and most of the time not even those are problems, but DEAR MOLESTIA it takes time. "When Tanks are having fun nobody else is." was apparently applied to PVE as well. I have NEVER, not once, since Lich King at least, had a problem with leveling or questing as a Prot. Now the only reason i'm not rerolling Fury is the damn artifact weapon system.

- Sylvanas isn't dead yet.

- Baine isn't Warchief yet.

- I still fear for Anduin's life. He feels like he's becomming a second Jaina.

- I now fear for Velen's life, and FFS did they really just imply he thought he'd never have to deal with his own son? Does he think it's something special when it happens to HIM? Honestly that quest was so out of character it hurt my brain.

- I fear for Jaina's sanity. And life.

- I still don't give two shits about Illidan. But i liked his cut scenes in the Demon Hunter starting scenario.

- Demon Hunters proved a bit annoying to play, and having only Leckelfen to roll them as didn't particularly help. Played one through to the Broken Isles and tossed it.

- World Quests.
I don't like the World Quests; i prefer proper Dailies to choose from, especially the ones that give you several options. However, it's better than nothing.

- The new scaling system work does indeed piss me off.

- Has Blizzard finally eased up on european gold prices? Will i be able to buy-in once and support myself via playing from there?
Gametime now costs about 60k, which i'm never going to raise without massive grinding, and probably not within a month on a daily basis. Particularly not without Garrison missions or Dailies. (i guess i could check how much old dailies give...) I don't see myself supporting gametime with gold anytime soon.

edit: i enjoy the Tauren Totems, Highmountain is the only zone i like and the elf leveling zones are way too short. Seems like Highmountain and Suramar ate up their dev time.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 09-16-2016 at 10:54 AM..
Old 09-19-2016, 05:38 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

Quote:
Alright. So i've been doing this Legion thing for a while now; this is what i could gather so far...

there is more content in 7.0 than 6.0-6.2
Sylvanas shook her head. Her locks had been pale blond in life, but appeared to be silver, and now they looked almost as white as her sisters. They were the moons, Alleria had teased, calling them Lady Moon and Little Moon, while she and Lirath the eldest and the youngest were the suns of the family, with their bright golden tresses. Alleria .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArJe--CGatg

Tags
world of warcraft