Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 05-17-2017, 05:30 AM

Druid of the Claw

Tome of Knowledge Information Gathering - A Revamped World, a Dazzling Place I Thought I Knew

So, if Vanilla/TBC/WotLK/Cata/MoP content will be revamped/updated then
  1. Continuation of which storylines do you want to see?
  2. What theme should be the main one in a particular zone?
  3. What should be the main theme for each playable race?

Last edited by Aram; 05-17-2017 at 12:24 PM..
Old 05-17-2017, 06:58 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I wish I could change the title to "Information Gathering - A Revamped World, a Dazzling Place I Thought I Knew."

I'd love to see a continuation of the Naralex storyline in the form of the southern portion of Durotar turning into a jungle, with a reborn Bleeding Hollow clan and Dark Spear focus.

The worgen should give up Gilneas and properly settle Duskwood, now that most of Darkshire's inhabitants are dead.

I'll post more later.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:16 AM

Sentinel Queen

Frankly I wish they had revamped with Legion to make the demon threat more, uh, threatening. As for what I'd like to see in a future revamp:

-More worgen Duskwood, for sure.
-Dalaran returning to Hillsbrad?
-Westfall regrowing and green.
-Who's in charge of Hearthglen with Tirion dead?
Old 05-17-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
-Who's in charge of Hearthglen with Tirion dead?
Probably the Highlord, making paladins the only class with a kingdom.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:52 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Ashenvale - Horde needs to be pushed out of the forest, or at least back to Grommash Hold. Nelf/Orc focus.

Shandris Feathermoon returns to lead a guerilla war against the Orcs, similar to their introduction in WC3. Night Elf Victory.

Felwood - Let's see some progress here, it's been 12 years and everything is still violently sick. Druid focus.

Story plays out in a similarly presented way as Suramar. Gradual changes and rep gating. Cenarian Circle working to cleanse the Fel and restore the proper balance of the forest. New rep faction is basically the fel-corrupted spirits of the forest. Start at hated. Use item(s) to cleanse trees, plants and creatures (2-4 rep per cleanse?). Killing treants, ancients or creatures of the faction loses rep. Sometimes, you might not have a choice.

Feralas - Reclaim the common/middle area of Dire Maul and put a neutral town in there, Shendralar hosted. New Grimtotem town/holdings to balance out the zone, maybe working to establish a better supply line from the north. Nelf/Tauren focus.

Un'goro - Excavate the crater in the middle. I think it would be interesting to find some kind of Old God that may have been trailing behind the others by a significant distance that didn't make it on impact, maybe due to the same wards that prevented the Silithid from entering during the War of the Sands. This would perhaps lead into a connection to Il'gynoth and tell his story (I thought he was an interesting character). Explorers League/Reliquary focus.

Stonetalon - Druids working to restore the peak, working their way down the mountain. Goblins intent on resource extraction. Druid/Goblin focus.

Arathi - Hammerfall fortified by Forsaken, Stromgarde rebuilding. Major issues festering between Humans and Forsaken due to Broken Shore, being exacerbated by issues in this zone. Human/Forsaken focus.
Hillsbrad - Southshore reclamation, plague cleanup. Earthen Ring and Cenarian Circle working together to heal corruption. Shaman/Druid/Human/Forsaken focus.
Hinterlands - Trolls vs Dwarves. Both claim ancestral rights to the land, but no clear resolution leads to more and more skirmishes. Troll/Dwarf focus.
Stranglethorn - Exodus of the Gurubashi. After several significant defeats, Gurubashi are leaving for greener pastures. Possibly sucking up to the Darkspear? Troll focus. Possible new Troll Raid?!
Blasted Lands - Nethergarde Keep failed. Horde and Alliance come together to establish a new fortification at the Dark Portal. Magi and Warlocks spearhead initiatives into safe usage of the portal (New destinations, less leeching of life in the surrounding area, basically Stargate). Coalition and eventually Army of Light focus.

Dragonblight - Legacy *or* Renewal of the Aspects. Proper closure with answers to questions about the dragons. Do we let them die out completely, naturally? Can Shaman/Druids/Priests help? As they were empowered by the Titans, would the Keepers do anything to help? Odyn maybe realizes their worth now that they have served their purpose and re-empowers them to continue to defend Azeroth against threats. Dragon focus.

Work in Progress, there will be edits.

Last edited by HackBenjamin; 05-17-2017 at 04:29 PM..
Old 05-17-2017, 09:42 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Probably the Highlord, making paladins the only class with a kingdom.
Are the Highlord and the current leader of the Argent Crusade the same person?

Last edited by Krainz; 05-17-2017 at 09:47 PM..
Old 05-17-2017, 10:06 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
I think (while not having a paladin myself to do the quests in person) that the Argent Crusade is led by Tyrosus like how Blood Knights have Liadrin, while the Silver Hand that's now a conglomerate of all the paladin orders has the player above those individual leaders.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:08 AM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:
I wish I could change the title to "Information Gathering - A Revamped World, a Dazzling Place I Thought I Knew." .
Sounds great, but can't change it too.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram View Post
Sounds great, but can't change it too.
Oh, I actually can. I just didn't want to change it without knowing whether you'd be OK with it.

Edit:
If we're revamping Northrend too, I'd love to see the Drakkari's efforts to reclaim Zul'Drak, now that the Argent Crusade likely left and the Scourge has mostly been pacified. Maybe Frost King Malakk had an heir and didn't simply leave his kingdom leaderless, to gallivant with some Zandalari girls.

Last edited by Nazja; 05-19-2017 at 12:50 AM..
Old 05-19-2017, 01:22 AM

Eternal

Are we speaking of a simple Cataclysm-lite revamp or of a complete remake of the old continents?
Old 05-19-2017, 01:58 AM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I think (while not having a paladin myself to do the quests in person) that the Argent Crusade is led by Tyrosus like how Blood Knights have Liadrin, while the Silver Hand that's now a conglomerate of all the paladin orders has the player above those individual leaders.
Blizzard never clarified the problem with the succession of the Silver Hand, right?

In vanilla they were mentioned as existing within the Alliance.

Tirion reformed the order, but no one knows who were the members of this Silver Hand because all the npc in WotLK were from the Argent Dawn or new ones, but not paladins from the Alliance (I think).

Then again, Eligor Dawnbringer (Argent Dawn), speaks of 'Tirion and his knights' in vanilla like Tirion has some authority over them while being in different organizations:
Quote:
Commander Eligor Dawnbringer says: Now be silent and note where you are, lest I inform Lord Fordring and his knights that you are no longer here on amicable terms. I am certain he would take great pleasure in seeing to your 'atonement.'
In WotLK that unknown Silver Hand merges with the Argent Dawn to form the Argent Crusade.

Strange enough, the provisional union of some members of the now defunct Argent Dawn and the Scarlet Crusade, the Brotherhood of the Light (in vanilla), still exists in Cata and the dialogue aknowledges that they work with the Argent Crusade but are a separate faction.

And now we have the successor of the Argent Crusade, the Highlord, reforming again the Silver Hand and inviting into the 'group/alliance/whatever-it-is-this-new-Silver Hand' the different paladin factions of Azeroth, including the Silver Hand within the Alliance.

From the way it is shown ingame it seems the Highlord delegates the day to day work of the Argent Crusade to Tyrosus while he's some kind of iconic leader above the individual leaders of every order and faction within that abomination of an organization called the Silver Hand (which I think has 2 other groups inside calling themselves the Silver Hand).

So, the hierarchy is something like...

The Order of the Knights of the Silver Hand:
-The Argent Crusade (Argent Dawn + Tirion's reformed Order of the Knights of the Silver Hand)
-The Order of the Knights of the Silver Hand (Alliance)
-The Brotherhood of the Light? (members from Argent Dawn + Scarlet Crusade)
-The Order of Blood Knights
-The Sunwalkers
-The Hand of Argus

...this?

Last edited by Whitrix; 05-19-2017 at 02:07 AM..
Old 05-19-2017, 04:10 AM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Are we speaking of a simple Cataclysm-lite revamp or of a complete remake of the old continents?
We speaking of different possibilities of pre-WoD content revamp. So it can include complete‚Äč remake of zones/continents, but in WoW-style anyway.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:24 AM

Elune

Ghostlands starts being restored via quests in certain parts, re-establishing Blood Elves in their old towns. Quests where the Amani join the Horde and dealing with some of their problems.

EPL needs a quest where some refugees who had fled to Stormwind return and restore Corin's Crossing. Issues in the Plaguewood that can establish Plagueshifters. Scarlet/Living side of Stratholme recovered.

It would be cool to see the Forsaken establishing themselves in Northrend. Sylvanas should be dead. They need a major conflict as a race and they need some sort of external threat that isn't Humans.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:31 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post

So, the hierarchy is something like...

The Order of the Knights of the Silver Hand:
-The Argent Crusade (Argent Dawn + Tirion's reformed Order of the Knights of the Silver Hand)
-The Order of the Knights of the Silver Hand (Alliance)
-The Brotherhood of the Light? (members from Argent Dawn + Scarlet Crusade)
-The Order of Blood Knights
-The Sunwalkers
-The Hand of Argus

...this?
I do not think there are several Silver Hands, just one, and I do not think those orders you mention are part of the Silver Hand, they are just led by it. Imagine this coalition like the Alliance of Lordaeron; they are led by the strongest and most important order, they fight under its banner, but they remain independent.

As for the Silver Hand, there are simply two branches, just like they were described in Chronicle. The main one, centered around Lordaeron, now leading the coalition, and the southern one, centered in Stormwind.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:37 AM

Map

Before aiding the Drakkari's restoration of Zul'Drak, Zentabra should go earn some brownie points in Zul'Gurub. It's time for the Darkspear to be an alternative to the Zandalari.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:08 AM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
As for the Silver Hand, there are simply two branches, just like they were described in Chronicle. The main one, centered around Lordaeron, now leading the coalition, and the southern one, centered in Stormwind.
Okay, I need to read the second half of Chronicle 2.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:23 AM

Elune

Quote:
Before aiding the Drakkari's restoration of Zul'Drak, Zentabra should go earn some brownie points in Zul'Gurub. It's time for the Darkspear to be an alternative to the Zandalari.
Or the Zandalari could join the Horde.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:17 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Or the Zandalari could join the Horde.
I've always been of the opinion that troll and goblin members should outnumber the orcs. Trolls are the only species that can rival the humans in numbers imo.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 05-19-2017, 11:16 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
I've always been of the opinion that troll and goblin members should outnumber the orcs. Trolls are the only species that can rival the humans in numbers imo.
The Iron Horde is more interesting than Thrall's Orcs. The founding of Durotar and the vanilla era Barrens could have made them interesting, but they pushed the Garrosh Horde too hard, too soon. Garrosh was fun but his Horde and its style were not.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:21 AM

World Builder

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Darkspear work with the Bilgewater to kick the Venture Co. out of Undermine and divy up the land.

The Darkspear have a chunk of sacred land that gives them leverage with the Zandalari and other trolls.

Boom, some Zandalari and other trolls breakaway from their current self-destructive path to join the Horde.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 05-21-2017, 01:21 AM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:
I actually really like the idea about "competition" between Zandalari and Darkspear for the rest tribes.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:14 AM

Problemsolver

I'd love to see Blizzard give us a reason to return to Northrend, and see what has happened there since we cleared out the Scourge. Maybe whatever may remain of Yogg-Saron is up to some fuckery.

With phasing-technologies and zone level-scaling I'd figure it wouldn't be too much of a challange for them to even make Northrend zones part of the levelling curve of the expansion.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:08 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Trolls are the only species that can rival the humans in body bags.
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Darkspear work with the Bilgewater to kick the Venture Co. out of Undermine and divy up the land.

The Darkspear have a chunk of sacred land that gives them leverage with the Zandalari and other trolls.

Boom, some Zandalari and other trolls breakaway from their current self-destructive path to join the Horde.
Nah. The Darkspear needs to have their own thing. As of now, they feel like an extension of the Orcs and Durotar. Shoving them together with the goblins wouldn't do them justice. If anything they ought to be reclaiming Zul'Gurub.

While it may seem strategically unsound for the Alliance to allow the Darkspear gain territory near Stormwind, allowing the Darkspear to grow in power may serve to counter the influence of the more aggressive Forsaken.

The SoL Bunch:

Warcraft 3 Resource Discussion: (The Hive Workshop, Warcraft 3 Campaigns)
MOBA Overload!
Old 05-21-2017, 10:53 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Nah. The Darkspear needs to have their own thing. As of now, they feel like an extension of the Orcs and Durotar. Shoving them together with the goblins wouldn't do them justice. If anything they ought to be reclaiming Zul'Gurub.

While it may seem strategically unsound for the Alliance to allow the Darkspear gain territory near Stormwind, allowing the Darkspear to grow in power may serve to counter the influence of the more aggressive Forsaken.
Oh no, they wouldn't have their main base there, but it's kinda like in Dragonblight you've got both Agmar's Hammer and the... Forsaken town I can't remember the name of (Venomblight?) I feel like the main Horde town could be the bilgewater goblin one, and then on the southern coast connecting to Voodress Village (which I'm seeing more as a nearby island than a village still on Kezan itself) is a small religious-focused loa shrine town for the Darkspear as the Horde's second location.

Alliance locations on the Kezan map would probably be a secret underground base they set up and then probably some docked ships+Airship+Submarines hidden among some rocky islands nearby or something in that vein.

Blizz is never gonna give the Darkspear ZG because it's part of the old world and that won't get updated.

Possible the reverse could be done for their main town, with the Trolls setting a bigger place up on the "lost" isles and there being a smaller goblin port there.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 05-21-2017, 11:36 AM

Arch-Druid

To be fair we've returned to Northrend quite a few times. Dragonblight and Nexus in Cataclysm, and now in Legion there's Ulduar twice, Nexus three times, and several other places too.

Tags
information gathering, world of warcraft