Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1051  
Old 01-15-2018, 12:03 PM
Fraznak Fraznak is offline

Banished
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 569

Default

Reply With Quote
  #1052  
Old 01-21-2018, 11:23 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,792

Default

Having defeated Aggramar and Argus 5 times this weekend, I've got to say that I'd greatly appreciate a class based on Argus, his death powers and the way he wields his scythe.
Reply With Quote
  #1053  
Old 01-21-2018, 11:31 AM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Arch-Druid
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 1,412

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Having defeated Aggramar and Argus 5 times this weekend, I've got to say that I'd greatly appreciate a class based on Argus, his death powers and the way he wields his scythe.
Necromancer class with one of the specs going full Drust.
Reply With Quote
  #1054  
Old 01-21-2018, 11:49 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,377
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
I'm leveling some alts right now. When my Rogue walked into her class hall, I spent a good five minutes looking up names I saw that I half-remembered from earlier expansions.

Didn't do that with my Warrior--I got a bunch of nameless vrykul and eventually three Wrath bosses. That whole place fits Paladins more; I wanted to see us get an uneasy truce between the battleground factions instead of being the result of a vrykul affirmative action policy.
I still think the warrior class hall should've been some kind of castle, keep or fortress. I mean, you can still give us some vrykul if you need to keep the titan storyline, but give us an earthly castle like Utgarde Keep, but maybe have some of the player races remodel it a bit (orcs stick spikes on things, humans carve some turrets into the stone, dwarves put big honkin' cannons on it, etc)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1055  
Old 01-21-2018, 03:07 PM
Krakhed Krakhed is offline

Arch-Druid
Krakhed's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Necromancer class with one of the specs going full Drust.
With BfA, there's probably going to be all the lore you could ever want for a fully fleshed out Necromancer class. You could have Drust or Troll inspired specs, something more traditionally Scourge-like, or even Necrolytes. Some Argus inspired visuals probably wouldn't be an issue at all.
Reply With Quote
  #1056  
Old 01-21-2018, 03:33 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,118

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
With BfA, there's probably going to be all the lore you could ever want for a fully fleshed out Necromancer class. You could have Drust or Troll inspired specs, something more traditionally Scourge-like, or even Necrolytes. Some Argus inspired visuals probably wouldn't be an issue at all.
I keep wondering whether we're more likely to see another full 'class' or some kind of 4th spec or 'hero spec' update, the way they branched out Feral and Guardian for druids.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #1057  
Old 01-30-2018, 01:10 AM
Mending Mending is offline

Sentinel Queen
Mending's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 938

Default

Were some artifacts really not given a hidden ability? It's the end of the expansion and I still don't know what T'uure and the Claws of Ursoc are hiding from me.
Reply With Quote
  #1058  
Old 02-03-2018, 05:38 AM
Xarthat Xarthat is offline

Eternal
Xarthat's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Second World Shithole
Posts: 3,845
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I still think the warrior class hall should've been some kind of castle, keep or fortress. I mean, you can still give us some vrykul if you need to keep the titan storyline, but give us an earthly castle like Utgarde Keep, but maybe have some of the player races remodel it a bit (orcs stick spikes on things, humans carve some turrets into the stone, dwarves put big honkin' cannons on it, etc)
I wish the warrior class hall was a mercenary company in some fortress off the coast of Broken Isles, not all that Titan business.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1059  
Old 02-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Arch-Druid
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 1,412

Default

Reply With Quote
  #1060  
Old 02-04-2018, 02:04 AM
Shadowsong Shadowsong is offline

Eternal
Shadowsong's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,716

Default

Just found out there's three more planets mentioned in the Riftworld Codex trinket depending on the buff you get. Which are Winds of Kareth, Light of Absolarn, and Flames of Ruvaraad.
Reply With Quote
  #1061  
Old 02-13-2018, 01:02 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,792

Default

So I've been compiling a list of zones that any Zandalari troll who wishes to get their heritage armour needs to quest through...

Eastern Kingdoms:
  • Arathi Highlands
  • The Hinterlands
  • Stranglethorn Vale
  • Ghostlands
  • Eastern Plaguelands

Kalimdor:
  • Stonetalon Mountain
  • Tanaris
  • Un'Goro Crater

Outland:
  • Zangarmarsh

Northrend:
  • Grizzly Hills
  • Zul'Drak
  • Sholazar Basin

Pandaria:
  • Kun-Lai Summit

Draenor:
  • Gorgrond

Any zones I may have forgotten? Zones you disagree with?
Reply With Quote
  #1062  
Old 02-14-2018, 02:03 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,118

Default

Why stonetalon? Malaka'jin is a pretty small presence, if we're using any zone with a troll town, have you considered Desolace for Shadowprey village, sparce as it is?


I like that the Riftworld Codex specifies SHADOWFLAME from the Flames of Ruvaraad.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #1063  
Old 02-14-2018, 10:39 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,792

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Why stonetalon? Malaka'jin is a pretty small presence, if we're using any zone with a troll town, have you considered Desolace for Shadowprey village, sparce as it is?


I like that the Riftworld Codex specifies SHADOWFLAME from the Flames of Ruvaraad.
IIRC, Malaka'jin features at least one troll ritual.

I considered Desolace, but it only had the village and no lore.
Reply With Quote
  #1064  
Old 02-15-2018, 11:58 AM
Rexxar Rexxar is offline

Glaive Thrower
Rexxar's Avatar
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Durotar atm
Posts: 55

Human Icon (War3)

anyone else just tear up whenever Senegos calls Stellagosa 'starlight' ??
__________________

Last edited by Rexxar; 02-15-2018 at 12:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1065  
Old 02-15-2018, 03:14 PM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Arch-Druid
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 1,412

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Any zones I may have forgotten? Zones you disagree with?
Dragonblight and Dread Wastes, because aqir. Silithus by that same token but no one wants to quest in Silithus and rightfully so.

Why Gorgrond by the way? If anywhere in Draenor I'd think Frostfire because it has a troll quest hub.
Reply With Quote
  #1066  
Old 02-15-2018, 11:27 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,792

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Dragonblight and Dread Wastes, because aqir. Silithus by that same token but no one wants to quest in Silithus and rightfully so.

Why Gorgrond by the way? If anywhere in Draenor I'd think Frostfire because it has a troll quest hub.
Jungles and HD raptors. Seems to me like trolls and the Laughing Skull (as well as the Bleeding Hollow) have much to learn from each other.

I considered adding Frostfire, and to be honest, am not sure why I didn't.

(Also, gratz, 1337 Designer!)
Reply With Quote
  #1067  
Old 02-22-2018, 01:32 PM
Al'Akir Al'Akir is offline

Chimaera
Al'Akir's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 256

Default

I wonder how many people were left behind on Argus when the Vindicaar made its sudden escape and the portal to Azeroth closed. There must have been numerous volunteers and AotL members left fighting around Antorus, we saw dozens in the raid at least.

And does anybody else think it's especially cold the way that the Krokuul were wholesale abandoned and forgotten about? That must have been devastating to them when their only chance for escape in 25,000 years used them then ditched them and flew away as soon as they found better loot in the next zone.


Btw, I think that the krokuul, not the lightforged, should have been the new allied race.
Reply With Quote
  #1068  
Old 02-27-2018, 07:26 AM
Deicide Deicide is offline

Arch-Druid
Deicide's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,069

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Akir View Post
I wonder how many people were left behind on Argus when the Vindicaar made its sudden escape and the portal to Azeroth closed. There must have been numerous volunteers and AotL members left fighting around Antorus, we saw dozens in the raid at least.

And does anybody else think it's especially cold the way that the Krokuul were wholesale abandoned and forgotten about? That must have been devastating to them when their only chance for escape in 25,000 years used them then ditched them and flew away as soon as they found better loot in the next zone.


Btw, I think that the krokuul, not the lightforged, should have been the new allied race.
I think the Lightforged beacon network is still functional. Illidan's portal was not entirely closed (the "Red Star" is its remnant, and it's large and bright enough to be seen in Azeroth), so a connection remains.

What happens to the Krokul is anyone's guess (they did wish to resettle Argus), but I'm sure the Lightforged and other fighters can be recalled home.
__________________
- Sorry for any typos; english's not my primary language.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Reply With Quote
  #1069  
Old 03-19-2018, 11:43 PM
kobebyarlant kobebyarlant is offline

Archer
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 34

Default

WoW desperately needs a new mail using class. If they could combine Wardens and Shadow Hunters in a believable way they'd be killing a lot of birds with 1 stone.
Reply With Quote
  #1070  
Old 03-21-2018, 08:41 PM
Al'Akir Al'Akir is offline

Chimaera
Al'Akir's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 256

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
WoW desperately needs a new mail using class. If they could combine Wardens and Shadow Hunters in a believable way they'd be killing a lot of birds with 1 stone.
Or they could get rid of the mail type altogether. Warcraft has no tradition of mail armor being significant, and it doesnt add anything that can't be covered in the plate category already. Armor is so specialized to class and spec anyway nowadays that its kinda silly to even still have those four armor type distinctions. Seems like unnecessary clutter in the tooltips now that i think about it.

The game could remove armor type altogether and if I'm not mistaken, the only thing it would really affect in a meaningful way is transmog...or am I completely off-base here?
Reply With Quote
  #1071  
Old 03-22-2018, 07:21 AM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,664
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

What do they gain out of removing it? It's not hurting anyone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #1072  
Old 03-22-2018, 07:59 AM
Deicide Deicide is offline

Arch-Druid
Deicide's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,069

Default

In theory, Blizzard could remove mail armor and rename the remaining types as Cloth, Light and Heavy Armor. But, in doing so, where would former mail sets/classes would be put with? Light or Heavy?

There are a lot of leather sets that would look awesome in my Hunter (and shamans as well), that's for sure. But there's also a lot of mail sets that would be cool for a warrior or death knight to use...
__________________
- Sorry for any typos; english's not my primary language.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
world of warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.