Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-15-2018, 12:03 PM

Banished

Old 01-21-2018, 11:23 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Having defeated Aggramar and Argus 5 times this weekend, I've got to say that I'd greatly appreciate a class based on Argus, his death powers and the way he wields his scythe.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:31 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Having defeated Aggramar and Argus 5 times this weekend, I've got to say that I'd greatly appreciate a class based on Argus, his death powers and the way he wields his scythe.
Necromancer class with one of the specs going full Drust.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:49 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
I'm leveling some alts right now. When my Rogue walked into her class hall, I spent a good five minutes looking up names I saw that I half-remembered from earlier expansions.

Didn't do that with my Warrior--I got a bunch of nameless vrykul and eventually three Wrath bosses. That whole place fits Paladins more; I wanted to see us get an uneasy truce between the battleground factions instead of being the result of a vrykul affirmative action policy.
I still think the warrior class hall should've been some kind of castle, keep or fortress. I mean, you can still give us some vrykul if you need to keep the titan storyline, but give us an earthly castle like Utgarde Keep, but maybe have some of the player races remodel it a bit (orcs stick spikes on things, humans carve some turrets into the stone, dwarves put big honkin' cannons on it, etc)
Old 01-21-2018, 03:07 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Necromancer class with one of the specs going full Drust.
With BfA, there's probably going to be all the lore you could ever want for a fully fleshed out Necromancer class. You could have Drust or Troll inspired specs, something more traditionally Scourge-like, or even Necrolytes. Some Argus inspired visuals probably wouldn't be an issue at all.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:33 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
With BfA, there's probably going to be all the lore you could ever want for a fully fleshed out Necromancer class. You could have Drust or Troll inspired specs, something more traditionally Scourge-like, or even Necrolytes. Some Argus inspired visuals probably wouldn't be an issue at all.
I keep wondering whether we're more likely to see another full 'class' or some kind of 4th spec or 'hero spec' update, the way they branched out Feral and Guardian for druids.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-30-2018, 01:10 AM

Sentinel Queen

Were some artifacts really not given a hidden ability? It's the end of the expansion and I still don't know what T'uure and the Claws of Ursoc are hiding from me.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:38 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I still think the warrior class hall should've been some kind of castle, keep or fortress. I mean, you can still give us some vrykul if you need to keep the titan storyline, but give us an earthly castle like Utgarde Keep, but maybe have some of the player races remodel it a bit (orcs stick spikes on things, humans carve some turrets into the stone, dwarves put big honkin' cannons on it, etc)
I wish the warrior class hall was a mercenary company in some fortress off the coast of Broken Isles, not all that Titan business.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:31 PM

Arch-Druid

Old 02-04-2018, 02:04 AM

Eternal

Just found out there's three more planets mentioned in the Riftworld Codex trinket depending on the buff you get. Which are Winds of Kareth, Light of Absolarn, and Flames of Ruvaraad.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:02 PM

So I've been compiling a list of zones that any Zandalari troll who wishes to get their heritage armour needs to quest through...

Eastern Kingdoms:
  • Arathi Highlands
  • The Hinterlands
  • Stranglethorn Vale
  • Ghostlands
  • Eastern Plaguelands

Kalimdor:
  • Stonetalon Mountain
  • Tanaris
  • Un'Goro Crater

Outland:
  • Zangarmarsh

Northrend:
  • Grizzly Hills
  • Zul'Drak
  • Sholazar Basin

Pandaria:
  • Kun-Lai Summit

Draenor:
  • Gorgrond

Any zones I may have forgotten? Zones you disagree with?
Old 02-14-2018, 02:03 AM

World Builder

Why stonetalon? Malaka'jin is a pretty small presence, if we're using any zone with a troll town, have you considered Desolace for Shadowprey village, sparce as it is?

I like that the Riftworld Codex specifies SHADOWFLAME from the Flames of Ruvaraad.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-14-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Why stonetalon? Malaka'jin is a pretty small presence, if we're using any zone with a troll town, have you considered Desolace for Shadowprey village, sparce as it is?

I like that the Riftworld Codex specifies SHADOWFLAME from the Flames of Ruvaraad.
IIRC, Malaka'jin features at least one troll ritual.

I considered Desolace, but it only had the village and no lore.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:58 AM

Glaive Thrower

Human Icon (War3)

anyone else just tear up whenever Senegos calls Stellagosa 'starlight' ??

Last edited by Rexxar; 02-15-2018 at 12:00 PM..
Old 02-15-2018, 03:14 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Any zones I may have forgotten? Zones you disagree with?
Dragonblight and Dread Wastes, because aqir. Silithus by that same token but no one wants to quest in Silithus and rightfully so.

Why Gorgrond by the way? If anywhere in Draenor I'd think Frostfire because it has a troll quest hub.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Dragonblight and Dread Wastes, because aqir. Silithus by that same token but no one wants to quest in Silithus and rightfully so.

Why Gorgrond by the way? If anywhere in Draenor I'd think Frostfire because it has a troll quest hub.
Jungles and HD raptors. Seems to me like trolls and the Laughing Skull (as well as the Bleeding Hollow) have much to learn from each other.

I considered adding Frostfire, and to be honest, am not sure why I didn't.

(Also, gratz, 1337 Designer!)
Old 02-22-2018, 01:32 PM

Chimaera

I wonder how many people were left behind on Argus when the Vindicaar made its sudden escape and the portal to Azeroth closed. There must have been numerous volunteers and AotL members left fighting around Antorus, we saw dozens in the raid at least.

And does anybody else think it's especially cold the way that the Krokuul were wholesale abandoned and forgotten about? That must have been devastating to them when their only chance for escape in 25,000 years used them then ditched them and flew away as soon as they found better loot in the next zone.

Btw, I think that the krokuul, not the lightforged, should have been the new allied race.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:26 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Akir View Post
I wonder how many people were left behind on Argus when the Vindicaar made its sudden escape and the portal to Azeroth closed. There must have been numerous volunteers and AotL members left fighting around Antorus, we saw dozens in the raid at least.

And does anybody else think it's especially cold the way that the Krokuul were wholesale abandoned and forgotten about? That must have been devastating to them when their only chance for escape in 25,000 years used them then ditched them and flew away as soon as they found better loot in the next zone.

Btw, I think that the krokuul, not the lightforged, should have been the new allied race.
I think the Lightforged beacon network is still functional. Illidan's portal was not entirely closed (the "Red Star" is its remnant, and it's large and bright enough to be seen in Azeroth), so a connection remains.

What happens to the Krokul is anyone's guess (they did wish to resettle Argus), but I'm sure the Lightforged and other fighters can be recalled home.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 03-19-2018, 11:43 PM

Archer

WoW desperately needs a new mail using class. If they could combine Wardens and Shadow Hunters in a believable way they'd be killing a lot of birds with 1 stone.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:41 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
WoW desperately needs a new mail using class. If they could combine Wardens and Shadow Hunters in a believable way they'd be killing a lot of birds with 1 stone.
Or they could get rid of the mail type altogether. Warcraft has no tradition of mail armor being significant, and it doesnt add anything that can't be covered in the plate category already. Armor is so specialized to class and spec anyway nowadays that its kinda silly to even still have those four armor type distinctions. Seems like unnecessary clutter in the tooltips now that i think about it.

The game could remove armor type altogether and if I'm not mistaken, the only thing it would really affect in a meaningful way is transmog...or am I completely off-base here?
Old 03-22-2018, 07:21 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

What do they gain out of removing it? It's not hurting anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:59 AM

Arch-Druid

In theory, Blizzard could remove mail armor and rename the remaining types as Cloth, Light and Heavy Armor. But, in doing so, where would former mail sets/classes would be put with? Light or Heavy?

There are a lot of leather sets that would look awesome in my Hunter (and shamans as well), that's for sure. But there's also a lot of mail sets that would be cool for a warrior or death knight to use...

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Tags
world of warcraft