Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-15-2018, 11:12 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Saurfang is using his updated model now. Pretty cool.
Which gets really awkward when you visit Warsong Hold because he's standing next to BC-style Garrosh.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 02-15-2018, 08:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
What makes the loa so wise anyway? The fact they keep getting betrayed by their own worshipers trying to steal their power? Or is it the way they helped the Zandalari and Amani escalate their war against the high elves that ended with their asses getting kicked?
Don't forget the part where, after the trolls got their asses kicked around numerous times over the millennia, the loa have never jumped ship onto any other of the more successful races!

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:10 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Don't forget the part where, after the trolls got their asses kicked around numerous times over the millennia, the loa have never jumped ship onto any other of the more successful races!
Perhaps because the trolls are the only race who've remained willing all this time to build their society around regularly making ritual blood offerings to honor them?

Really, despite apparently being the same sort of beings as the Ancients and August Celestials, the trolls' segment of Wild Gods are all-around a pretty vicious lot. Technically even the "nice" ones like Har'koa are of questionable temperament, considering for thousands of years it's remained par for the course for trolls to pay their respects to their gods by slicing open trussed-up prisoners on altars and pulling out their insides.

In fact we had one recent tribe - the Darkspears - stop their race's ages-old traditions of routinely vivisecting helpless victims in their honor and it had Bwonsamdi scolding and complaining to Vol'jin about them not paying their gods the proper respect.

For whatever reason, the trolls seemed to attract Wild Gods with a taste for blood sacrifices early and it's stuck ever since. Which honestly says a lot about just how bad Hakkar must have been to horrify the Zandalari when one considers the bloody-handed forms of worship even their "good" gods demand from them.

Last edited by ARM3481; 02-15-2018 at 09:15 PM..
Old 02-15-2018, 11:13 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Edit: Totally random thought:
Why did the Loa pointed Sylvanas as Warchief?
Well: Warchief Sylvanas leads the Zandalari into the Horde, and the Horde into Zandalar, in order to save the Loa from G'huun? Maybe there's even more to it further down the road?
That's the rub innit? Vol'jin said they gave him clarity, a Vision, and that people wouldn't get it.

Then made Sylvanas Warcheif even to her suprise.

So yeah I still have it in me that Making Sylvanas leader wasn't the end goal and that the vision Vol'jin saw was a longer shot away that needed Sylvanas to be leader to come to pass.

Maybe we'll find out more in the game with Thrall's Vol'jin quest.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:21 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
I'd bet dollars to donuts the Ancients are the Loa worshiped by the dark trolls who became night elves.

We also have Loa who patronize other races- the Celestials and the Pandaren, Oh'nara and the Highmountain Tauren and Ocha'noa and the Tuskarr.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:48 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I'd bet dollars to donuts the Ancients are the Loa worshiped by the dark trolls who became night elves.

We also have Loa who patronize other races- the Celestials and the Pandaren, Oh'nara and the Highmountain Tauren and Ocha'noa and the Tuskarr.
Who's Oh'nara?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-19-2018, 03:53 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Who's Oh'nara?
Eagle spirit and patron of the Hunter class hall.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 02-19-2018, 03:59 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Who's Oh'nara?
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ohn%27ahra

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 02-19-2018, 09:58 AM

Sha of Disappointment

I'm now at all but one classes at max level (still lacking my Rogue, my least favorite class of all. Don't think i ever had a max level Rogue before) and i can give a slight update on Order Halls: Druid: good! Priest: not quite done yet but kinda meh, nothing offensive yet except an undead holy / disci priest. Still better than Hunter... Shaman: mildly boring; the fact that i can't remember if it was awful probably means it wasn't. Admittedly has a bit of an uphill battle since i don't give two shits about shamans, elementals and anything inbetween. Also "Help, my hammer fell down and i can't get it up!"-Thrall is the first time since he appointed Garrosh that Thrall truly annoyed me. World's ending dude, start packing, we're going to Broken Isles.

Something that i hope they'll adress with Butt Fuck Azeroth: practically every class seems to be designed from the ground up with the Artefact skills in mind... including everything before they get them. Everything plays absolutely dreadful until Legion starts because the class is missing key elements that actually give me something to do.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:27 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Also "Help, my hammer fell down and i can't get it up!"-Thrall is the first time since he appointed Garrosh that Thrall truly annoyed me. World's ending dude, start packing, we're going to Broken Isles.
Yeah, they did a pretty lame job of sidelining characters like Thrall and Jaina (and didn't even bother explaining Wrathion's absence from the very plot that was his only reason for existing as a character.) They all came out of Legion looking so petty, irresponsible and irrelevant that I don't even care that they're back in BfA. They didn't care enough to save the world, so why should I care about them?

Last edited by ARM3481; 02-19-2018 at 12:29 PM..
Old 02-19-2018, 12:39 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Something that i hope they'll adress with Butt Fuck Azeroth: practically every class seems to be designed from the ground up with the Artefact skills in mind... including everything before they get them. Everything plays absolutely dreadful until Legion starts because the class is missing key elements that actually give me something to do.
Alpha testers are giving that exact same feedback.

In BFA Artifacts+Legendaries are being replaced by Azerite Armor. Nothing is changing.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:31 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Yeah, they did a pretty lame job of sidelining characters like Thrall and Jaina (and didn't even bother explaining Wrathion's absence from the very plot that was his only reason for existing as a character.) They all came out of Legion looking so petty, irresponsible and irrelevant that I don't even care that they're back in BfA. They didn't care enough to save the world, so why should I care about them?
Thrall at least had the excuse of being seriously injured and pretty useless with the elements not listening to him.

Wrathion and Jaina are inexcusable, especially since the alpha shot down the "Jaina went to Kul Tiras" theory with her saying she hasn't been there since sometime before Warcraft III.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:50 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Thrall at least had the excuse of being seriously injured and pretty useless with the elements not listening to him.

Wrathion and Jaina are inexcusable, especially since the alpha shot down the "Jaina went to Kul Tiras" theory with her saying she hasn't been there since sometime before Warcraft III.
Even with Thrall, the guy's a trained fighter and the entire world's in peril. Get healed up and join the fight. If the lightning bolts won't answer, then pick up a weapon and do your part that way. Don't mope around while other people pick up the slack.

It's just sad how much of a flimsy lightweight they've made Thrall without his magic when the guy was already a trained combatant before he became Warchief and a seasoned veteran before he became World Shaman. They have no problem hybridizing other lore characters to fill multiple "class roles," but for some reason decided that with Thrall it was necessary to take Aggra's whole "all shaman or nothing" bullcrap from The Shattering to heart and make him completely worthless in any situation that doesn't let him use the elements.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:08 PM

Owl Scout

Thumbs up

Hello Friends,

I am very happy to inform you that our friends over at Blizzard Entertainment was kind enough to invite Gaming Instincts to Friends and Family Alpha. Here is full raw footage of both of the current playable dungeons in Battle for Azeroth. Atar'Dazar and Freehold, please enjoy! More coming as they get released/unlocked.

Let me know if there is anything in particular you'd like for us or if you have any particular questions in regards to the alpha gameplay. Thanks!

Atal'Dazar

Freehold

Old 02-19-2018, 02:26 PM

Sha of Disappointment

What Arms says - people like to forget that Thrall was a Warrior first and a Shaman second. But more importantly: if there's any one character the Horde would universally rally behind (minus Forsaken, i guess, all three that are left) if he decided to take over the Horde again it'd be Thrall. Healing magic exists; for the sake of the entire planet Thrall should have taken over the moment Vol'jin went down. (Same goes for Bane but i'm starting to give up on that.) Political power is a thing. Thrall has been shirking his responisibility for thousands of deaths and years of misery for way too long. And if he's not doing it for ME than i expect him to damn well do it for his offspring.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:06 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leocarian View Post
Hello Friends,

I am very happy to inform you that our friends over at Blizzard Entertainment was kind enough to invite Gaming Instincts to Friends and Family Alpha. Here is full raw footage of both of the current playable dungeons in Battle for Azeroth. Atar'Dazar and Freehold, please enjoy! More coming as they get released/unlocked.

Let me know if there is anything in particular you'd like for us or if you have any particular questions in regards to the alpha gameplay. Thanks!

Atal'Dazar

https://youtu.be/MDCwj09Xs5k

Freehold

https://youtu.be/9Tkaf0ZTUnQ
Please go to to mmo-c if you want to advertise
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 02-19-2018, 05:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Random note for anyone curious, but current Drust models on WoWhead use either human deathknight or vrykul models. Most being listed as placeholders.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:45 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
What Arms says - people like to forget that Thrall was a Warrior first and a Shaman second. But more importantly: if there's any one character the Horde would universally rally behind (minus Forsaken, i guess, all three that are left) if he decided to take over the Horde again it'd be Thrall. Healing magic exists; for the sake of the entire planet Thrall should have taken over the moment Vol'jin went down. (Same goes for Bane but i'm starting to give up on that.) Political power is a thing. Thrall has been shirking his responisibility for thousands of deaths and years of misery for way too long. And if he's not doing it for ME than i expect him to damn well do it for his offspring.
I mean if you want a real reason for Thrall it'd probably be that Metzen was busy with other things like his surgery and they are obviously never going to have someone else voice Thrall.

Last edited by Leviathon; 02-19-2018 at 06:48 PM..
Old 02-19-2018, 07:12 PM

Owl Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Please go to to mmo-c if you want to advertise
Please do not get mad or upset if someone is just trying share gameplay footage on a Battle for Azeroth discussion forum. What advertisement are you talking about?

Are we not allowed to talk about dungeons in the new expansion and let people see it? How miserable is your life dude, are people not allowed to have fun and discuss a game that they know and love on a discussion forum?

Holy shit.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:35 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Based on the datamined lines, while it's not quite as bad as Legion's "you can blatantly tell you're supposed to start in Azsuna and do the zones clockwise from there), I think the intended zone direction for Zandalar is Nazmir -> Vol'dun -> Zuldazar; or maybe switch Vol'dun and Zuldazar.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:16 PM

Eternal

Guys, chill. The guy just posted videos for BfA, that's what many of us have been doing for a long time. Don't be mean.

Quote:
Based on the datamined lines, while it's not quite as bad as Legion's "you can blatantly tell you're supposed to start in Azsuna and do the zones clockwise from there), I think the intended zone direction for Zandalar is Nazmir -> Vol'dun -> Zuldazar; or maybe switch Vol'dun and Zuldazar.
Why do you think so? Doesn't the intro questline take you directly to Zuldazar? Wouldn't it be logical to stay in that as the first zone?

What about Kul Tiras btw?

Last edited by Ethenil; 02-19-2018 at 09:19 PM..
Old 02-19-2018, 09:27 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Guys, chill. The guy just posted videos for BfA, that's what many of us have been doing for a long time. Don't be mean.

Why do you think so? Doesn't the intro questline take you directly to Zuldazar? Wouldn't it be logical to stay in that as the first zone?

KT imprisons/exiles you away.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:31 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post

From datamined texts, in Zuldazar you're given the option of which zone to do first after setting up your capital city and Talanji says you and her are going to Nazmir, but gives you the option to go to the other places if you'd rather investigate the sethrak or strengthen the alliance with the Zandalari. Then Talanji goes to Vol'dun based on the information she learned in Nazmir.

Likewise in Kul Tiras you're told Jaina's been exiled to Drustvar with it being implicit that you're supposed to reunite with her first thing.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Likewise in Kul Tiras you're told Jaina's been exiled to Drustvar with it being implicit that you're supposed to reunite with her first thing.
We are told that's where she was exiled, true, but she doesn't crop up anywhere in the zone's storyline so I'm hesitant to say that directing us there first because of Jaina is the intent. If anything I expect her to be in the questline they talked about that's interwoven in leveling like Light's Heart was.

I see where you're coming from with Zandalar though.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:29 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
We are told that's where she was exiled, true, but she doesn't crop up anywhere in the zone's storyline so I'm hesitant to say that directing us there first because of Jaina is the intent. If anything I expect her to be in the questline they talked about that's interwoven in leveling like Light's Heart was.

I see where you're coming from with Zandalar though.
I think it's entirely possible that Drustvar is incomplete, or the Kul Tiras story itself hasn't been fully ironed out.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft