Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 06-30-2018, 05:06 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Map Information Gathering - Echoes of the Old World

Since Wrath of the Lich King, each expansion has renovated at least one Vanilla or Burning Crusade, 5-man or raid dungeon to serve as new max level content for players to play through. So far, this hasn't been the case with Battle for Azeroth, but there is still ample time for Blizzard to do so via a patch.

It is probably safe to assume that we all would like the dungeon's old version to remain accessible, so the only thing that remains to be asked is: which old dungeon (or raid dungeon) would you like to be the Karazhan of Battle for Azeroth? Grim Batol or perhaps, to welcome the Alliance's new dwarven allies? Or would you like to take another trip to Ulduar and behold the changes it has gone through since our characters liberated it?
Old 07-01-2018, 07:18 AM

Arch-Druid

I think Blackrock Depths would benefit greatly from an update. It could easily become three wings, featuring the detention block, the city gates/center and the inner city with the senate.

There should also be an instanced (or even better, non-instanced) version of Shadowforge to act as the dark iron hub.

Beyond that, other great places to revisit would be Uldaman and Zul'farrak, thought in these cases it's more a matter of updating visuals rather than story.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 07-01-2018, 07:28 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Most likely places to be restored:

- AQ20/AQ40

- The Stockades

- Sunwell Plateau

- Gnomeregan

- Icecrown Citadel (into a 5man for Bolvar)
Old 07-03-2018, 08:34 PM

Eternal

Revamped Shadowfang Keep and Scarlet Monastery in a Lordaeron patch, each mirrored for each faction.

Shadowfang Keep: First the Alliance version, where they kill the apothecaries said to hold it in the mission tables. Then, the Horde version, where they see the apothecaries' bodies on spikes, and they take Shadowfang back for the Horde, except this time with a more diverse garrison.

Scarlet Monastery: First the Horde version, where they capture the Monastery from a small Alliance garrison to be used as a base to retake Lordaeron. Then, the Alliance version, where Alonsus Faol and Calia lead the Alliance in retaking the Monastery and establishing it as a safe haven for Alliance Light-users.

Bonus: Scholomance and Stratholme.
Old 07-07-2018, 03:15 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

While I do agree that BFA would be the perfect opportunity to add new wings/versions of Zul'Farrak and Blackrock Depths, three wings of the latter might be too ambitious for patch content. On the other hand new Kara was so long that it had to be turned into two wings, so I could be wrong.

Another dungeon I would love to see revamped is Ragefire Chasm. That dungeon is such a great representation of the Horde's leadership, of the current Warchief... It just has to get an update!
Old 07-08-2018, 12:22 PM

Eternal

I've recently been exploring the Blackrock dungeons a lot, to get a sense of the scale and geography. I'd really like an updated Depths, and an instance behind that mysterious locked door.

As for Uldaman, I was hoping it'd get revamped in Legion... Or at least have a warrior scenario involving Archaedas.

And the mag'har Blackrock Clan should revamp the Underhold of Orgrimmar.