Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #551  
Old 05-17-2013, 04:25 AM
CoDimus the Staunch CoDimus the Staunch is offline

Eternal
CoDimus the Staunch's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,572

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
It is bad and you should feel bad?
Isn't that hypocritical to what Blader said about not forcing your opinion on somebody? For I too may have felt that Slowpoke's attitude is bad and he should feel bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Reason? This is SoL!
This was my first aggressive argument with people here. Normally, I'd want to argue on a lesser tone, but for some reason, I got pissed off with Slowpoke more than normal.

And I apologise for this. Not sarcastically, but really. These days I am rather aggressive for some reason. I barked at Fordragon as well when he said that Chris Hemsworth is the main attraction for women in superhero films, even though he was just joking. For some reason, I have become full of rage these days.


People often do tell me that I force my opinion on others.

Last edited by CoDimus the Staunch; 05-17-2013 at 04:37 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old 05-17-2013, 04:39 AM
Kir the Wizard Kir the Wizard is offline

The Sun King
Kir the Wizard's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Donetsk, Occupied Ukraine
Posts: 11,115

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call of duty 1 View Post
Isn't that hypocritical to what Blader said about not forcing your opinion on somebody? For I too may have felt that Slowpoke's attitude is bad and he should feel bad?
Except that we don't label you with sexism for your opinion.

Let's move it a little on-topic and create a smexy straw man:

"WHAT? You dare like Lordaeron? The source of all bitching and whinings?! You are not a true Warcraft fan, liking Lordaeron and adhering to its holier-than-thoud ideals. All True Warcraft Fans hate Lordaeron and its whining halo. You can't like Lordaeron for anything other then whyning, which makes you a false warcraft fan and a whiner."

Should have probably done this with Knaak, but I believe one can get the message.

1) Adhering to some principle/ideology doesn't stop you from liking other things.

2) Just because in your opinion something is bad, doesn't mean everyone thinks the same.

3) Just because you found out some subtext part that makes a work be seen in negative light regarding socio-political stuff (sexist/racist/whatever), doesn't mean that everyone who enjoys the work subscribes to said socio-political platform. In fact, maybe it's just you who reads too much into it.
Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old 05-17-2013, 04:41 AM
CoDimus the Staunch CoDimus the Staunch is offline

Eternal
CoDimus the Staunch's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,572

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Except that we don't label you with sexism for your opinion.

Let's move it a little on-topic and create a smexy straw man:

"WHAT? You dare like Lordaeron? The source of all bitching and whinings?! You are not a true Warcraft fan, liking Lordaeron and adhering to its holier-than-thoud ideals. All True Warcraft Fans hate Lordaeron and its whining halo. You can't like Lordaeron for anything other then whyning, which makes you a false warcraft fan and a whiner."

Should have probably done this with Knaak, but I believe one can get the message.

1) Adhering to some principle/ideology doesn't stop you from liking other things.

2) Just because in your opinion something is bad, doesn't mean everyone thinks the same.

3) Just because you found out some subtext part that makes a work be seen in negative light regarding socio-political stuff (sexist/racist/whatever), doesn't mean that everyone who enjoys the work subscribes to said socio-political platform. In fact, maybe it's just you who reads too much into it.
To this, all I do say is, I need to stop forcing my opinion on others.

In times of anger, I often feel as if I am right and everybody else is wrong, and I end up saying stuff which I shouldn't. Which, I do agree, is a highly arrogant and pompous attitude.

Last edited by CoDimus the Staunch; 05-17-2013 at 04:44 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old 05-17-2013, 04:45 AM
Kir the Wizard Kir the Wizard is offline

The Sun King
Kir the Wizard's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Donetsk, Occupied Ukraine
Posts: 11,115

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call of duty 1 View Post
To this, all I do say is, I need to stop forcing my opinion on others.
...And knowing is half the battle!

Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old 05-17-2013, 06:59 AM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,664
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Well, that depends. Do you like Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen?

I liked jetfire : /

But idk, I'm mixed. I know why it's offensive, but at the same time if I'm offended by this, I have to be offended by pretty much every portrayal of black men in tv ATM. Well not everyone, but eh.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #556  
Old 05-18-2013, 02:55 AM
CoDimus the Staunch CoDimus the Staunch is offline

Eternal
CoDimus the Staunch's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,572

Default

Anyway, so let's be friendly to each other again. So, to get back to Slowpoke's original topic about Justice League, who do you think should play Wonder Woman in a Justice League/WW movie?
Reply With Quote
  #557  
Old 05-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Slowpokeking Slowpokeking is offline

Not Sure If Trolling...
Slowpokeking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,985

Default



So how is it?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old 05-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Kir the Wizard Kir the Wizard is offline

The Sun King
Kir the Wizard's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Donetsk, Occupied Ukraine
Posts: 11,115

Default

Maybe you should post your creative stuff in the fanfic thread?
Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old 05-18-2013, 10:05 PM
Slowpokeking Slowpokeking is offline

Not Sure If Trolling...
Slowpokeking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,985

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Maybe you should post your creative stuff in the fanfic thread?
I wish I could change the title of that thread to let you guys know about my new stuff, but no.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #560  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:30 AM
Timolas Timolas is offline


Timolas's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Malta
Posts: 12,475
Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asafoetida View Post
I wish I could change the title of that thread to let you guys know about my new stuff, but no.
Which thread, and what do you want it changed to?
__________________
There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man.
Reply With Quote
  #561  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,007
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Well, that depends. Do you like Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen?

I will forgive Michael Bay for every single movie he has ever made if he doesn't fuck over the Ninja Turtles.
Reply With Quote
  #562  
Old 05-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Slowpokeking Slowpokeking is offline

Not Sure If Trolling...
Slowpokeking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,985

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
Which thread, and what do you want it changed to?
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...t=92096&page=7

I hope I can update it to the newest stuff I've got. Right now it's "My fanmade Justice League Trailer".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #563  
Old 05-19-2013, 09:03 AM
Kir the Wizard Kir the Wizard is offline

The Sun King
Kir the Wizard's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Donetsk, Occupied Ukraine
Posts: 11,115

Default

"Slowpoke's Pokeball"
Reply With Quote
  #564  
Old 05-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Slowpokeking Slowpokeking is offline

Not Sure If Trolling...
Slowpokeking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,985

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
"Slowpoke's Pokeball"
Is it possible for someone to post this video in the general forums like Superhero movie thread?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #565  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Cemotucu Cemotucu is offline

Elune
Cemotucu's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. M. of Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 6,663
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
"Slowpoke's Pokeball"
Maybe we should have a sub-forum called "Slowpoke's Pokeball", and another sub-forum as "Halls of Lordaeron".
__________________
FOR NYORLOTH, ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Reply With Quote
  #566  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Slowpokeking Slowpokeking is offline

Not Sure If Trolling...
Slowpokeking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,985

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Maybe we should have a sub-forum called "Slowpoke's Pokeball", and another sub-forum as "Halls of Lordaeron".
I like this idea.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #567  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Xarthat Xarthat is offline

Eternal
Xarthat's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Second World Shithole
Posts: 3,845
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

Default

Wha... CAN'T YOU SEE!? IT'S A TRAP! HE'S WINNING!

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #568  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Kir the Wizard Kir the Wizard is offline

The Sun King
Kir the Wizard's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Donetsk, Occupied Ukraine
Posts: 11,115

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Maybe we should have a sub-forum called "Slowpoke's Pokeball", and another sub-forum as "Halls of Lordaeron".

Reply With Quote
  #569  
Old 05-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Slowpokeking Slowpokeking is offline

Not Sure If Trolling...
Slowpokeking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,985

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #570  
Old 05-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Slowpokeking Slowpokeking is offline

Not Sure If Trolling...
Slowpokeking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,985

Default

I watched the new Star Trek movie today, the effects are really good but the plot, meh. I really doubt JJ Abrams could direct a good SW trilogy.


First it's too focused on Kirk, he got most of the ideas made most of the important decision, and it makes little sense for him to trust Khan and risk his whole team after what Khan did. He came back from death is awful and even the method is quite predictable. The girl did little other than scream like hell. And why didn't they execute Khan for what he did and what he planned to do after Kirk came back to life?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #571  
Old 05-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Chef Chef is offline

Arch-Druid
Chef's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Your kitchen
Posts: 1,848

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I will forgive Michael Bay for every single movie he has ever made if he doesn't fuck over the Ninja Turtles.
The Turtles will be aliens and Megan Fox will be in the movie. Have I destroyed every last trace of hope you had left?
Reply With Quote
  #572  
Old 05-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Slowpokeking Slowpokeking is offline

Not Sure If Trolling...
Slowpokeking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,985

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
The Turtles will be aliens and Megan Fox will be in the movie. Have I destroyed every last trace of hope you had left?
Explosion after explosion!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #573  
Old 05-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Kir the Wizard Kir the Wizard is offline

The Sun King
Kir the Wizard's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Donetsk, Occupied Ukraine
Posts: 11,115

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
The Turtles will be aliens and Megan Fox will be in the movie. Have I destroyed every last trace of hope you had left?
Didn't he abandon this idea?
Reply With Quote
  #574  
Old 06-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Slowpokeking Slowpokeking is offline

Not Sure If Trolling...
Slowpokeking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8,985

Default

Peter Cushing once said Lucas wanted him to play Obi Wan but he was filming other movies so picked the role of Tarkin because that role didn't have much scene, if he played Obi Wan, would it be awesome?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.